User Reviews for Periactin

Learn more about Periactin.

Reviews for Periactin to treat Urticaria

Review by Shazree:

I've been on Periactin for about 6 months. I take 8mg at night but I can't get up on time in the morning and the kids are late for school most days. I have found it works for my chronic urticaria but also noticed a huge weight gain. I was watching myself get fatter but didn't know why. After reading all the other reviews I now know it is the Periactin so I'm thinking of cutting back on the tablets. I need to lose weight. I feel horrible.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 20, 2014 10:33 PM

Review by Hivemaster (taken for less than 1 month):

While taking this stuff, I began to have an insatiable appetite. My mouth is almost always dry and my ears will have a screeching noise. It puts me to sleep within 20 minutes and is hard to shake off in the mornings, much worse than Benadryl. It is playing an effective role in controlling the chronic hives I have had for close to a year. Although I don't enjoy any of the side effects, I Do thoroughly enjoy not having hives all the time! I have a much better quality of life since I've began this new prescription!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate