User Reviews for Cyproheptadine

Also known as: Periactin

Learn more about Cyproheptadine.

Cyproheptadine Review Summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 13 medications used in the treatment of Anorexia.

Reviews for Cyproheptadine to treat Anorexia

"I used to be anorexic during my time in high school. I haven't been able to gain weight since then. I began dropping pounds and no matter what I ate, my weight would stayed at 105. I tried protein shakes, eating junk food all the time, nothing worked and my doctor prescribed this and it is amazing!"

Nikki93 May 15, 2015

"Wonder pill! I took my first dose less than 24 hours ago, I have eaten all day. I have gained almost 2 pounds in one day!"

Too little (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2015

"I have been taking cyprohetadine for two years. I started taking it when I was 29 years old and weighing 114. I now Weigh 142 pounds something impossible for me before because no matter how much I ate or what protein shakes I took I just couldn't gain weight. All my life I use to be depressed about my weight now I feel good in my skin."

Anonymous May 2, 2015

"I have been thin my whole life as are my parents and sister who has had two children. I am 5'6 and about 92 lbs. I started Perfection again as I was on it last year in February for 1 month. I take 2 pills at night. You can definitely tell there is an increase in my appetite. My Doctor prescribed me 60 pills and two refills. I plan to gain at least 20 lbs. I will weigh myself at the end of April and May. I try to snack on peanuts and fruit throughout the day. I will return with results at the end of May. Wish me luck!"

Periactin (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2015

"it was okay"

Anonymous March 15, 2015

"I love this medicine. I had to take it while I was pregnant because I was not eating and I was losing weight. So this was a great booster.... Now I'm pregnant again and I'm looking forward to having this medicine again if needed.."

Jessloveme February 15, 2015

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "I've always been very thin, and I disliked the way I looked in the mirror for years. Then 3 years ago my mom introduced me to this medicine, it worked wonders for my body. It stimulated my appetite, mad me sleepy which was good since I had problems sleeping and this medicine changed the way I looked. I was curvy and attractive, I took one pill every day or sometimes every other day and I moved from a size 0 to a beautiful size 6 and I was very happy with myself. The sad thing is I'm in China for one year doing my postgraduate degree and the stresses of being here have pulled my weight down to 8kgs less to where it was when I first came here. "

Melisa7 January 25, 2015

"I've been taking this medicine for weight gain, all my life I've been struggling with my weight, I'm 35 years old, 5'4 and weighed 92 lbs and after a month I'm at 110 lbs. This pill is a miracle, I also used to get really bad migraine but since taking this pill that has stopped."

sarah1979! January 13, 2015

"I started taking these pills in September to increase my appetite.... I was 106lbs in Sept 2014, and now in January I'm 130lbs. I can't believe I gained 24 lbs. My ideal weight is 140 lbs. I take 3 pills a day and I eat 2300 calories a day or more. Although they make me sleepy I fight it off and do what needed to be done through the day. After I get to my weight goal I plan to go down to one pill a day instead of 3. SATISFIED"

Megan foster January 6, 2015

"I took it for weight gain. I gained weight but when I stop taking it my weight drops back."

sania009 November 20, 2014

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "I have been looking for a long time a pill that would help me gain weight. Its not like was unhappy with the way I look but just wanted to add some curves. My daughter has been taking the pill and she was a lot smaller than me and she is looking great now. It does make you a little sleep at first but your body will start to get adjusted to it. I highly recommend this pill for weight gain. I just love and one pill a day will do the trick!"

fabulous40 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2014

148 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "This medicine is exceptional! I see many people saying they gained 1-5 lbs, I took it faithfully, three times a day and would you believe I moved up from a 7/8 to a 9/10 and put on about 22 lbs within only 4 wks. I stopped for about 2 wks, lost about 6 lbs(mainly stress) but I'm back on them and sleeping a little more, but it only took about 2-3 wks for my body to get used to them. If you wish to gain weight try this! You will cry tears of joy I was struggling with weight gain for about 5 yrs!"

Cece985 June 29, 2014

144 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "All my life I have struggled to gain or maintain my weight. There are periods when I have no appetite. Can go for days and not eat and not get hungry. This medication has been a God send. At first the drowsiness was almost debilitating. After reaching my desired weight, I found that dropping the dose to 1/4 tablet per day kept it on but without the side effects. My son suffers from the same thing and he is now on it too. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to gain weight."

JoJay June 29, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "I have struggled keeping on weight all my life I used to buy it in my country it work like wonders. Since moving to the UK I was unable to find it. Last week I found it in a pharmacy I have stocked up on it like I am preparing for world war three."

Hilly Billy June 19, 2014

"After having kids I had a hard time trying to maintain my weight at my lowest point I was way down to like 109 lbs and over the years I would fluctuate between 117- to 120 lbs I'm 5'5 and I felt pretty skinny which made me uncomfortable so after researching Periactin I went to my doctor and got the script and I must say these pills changed my life I'm now at 140 lbs I feel great and they worked pretty fast, I would say within 3 weeks I noticed big changes and I stopped taking the pills a few months ago and I'm still maintaining the weight plus I added Boost Plus to my diet and I'm very satisfied and everyone notices the weight I put on, oh and I only took one tablet at night because they do make you extra sleepy.. pros outweighs cons."

Thimslick April 10, 2014

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "I am a retired physician who during the course of his practice treated many patients with severe anorexia secondary to HIV/AIDS as well as near end stage malignancies. For many years I prescribed Periactin starting with the 2mgm dose 1/2 to one hour before meal time. Many patients reported a robust weight gain. The hypersomnolence (excessive sleepiness) disappeared after one to three months. The Periactin can be reduced to one 2mgm every third day and the weight usually is maintained at good if not optimal levels. "

maslar01 October 3, 2013

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been skinny my whole life basically. I'm 5'4", 18 yrs. old and weigh only 98 pounds I asked my doc is there anything I could do to gain at least 10 pounds so I could feel healthier and better about myself. She told me to just learn to love myself more but I guess she didn't understand that I love everything about me but I would love to put on some extra pounds. Well I started taking these last night and I would highly recommend NOT taking these if you have somewhere to be or something to do. My appetite skyrocketed and I ate everything in sight, but when I'm at least a month into these I'll update on everything."

LaLaTeT July 30, 2013

"I just got my cyproheptadine pills last Monday, and gained 15 pounds by that Friday. I'm so happy, all it took was five days. Started at 105lbs ended at 120lbs. Happy weight."

miss cali (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2013

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "I am 5'7" weigh 109lbs and had three kids over 8lbs. I am anorexic and had been doing everything to maintain a healthy weight. When I started taking Periactin (cyproheptadine), I was gaining 1-2 lbs a day. The only problem is that 3/4 of my day I was sleeping, had dry mouth and very bad mood swings. Due to my heavy work schedule it was hard to continue taking the pills. When I stopped, I lost the weight as quick as I gained it. 4 days ago I started taking it again and gained 5 lbs. This time once I reach my target weight of 130, I will set aside a meal plan to maintain this weight in addition to taking only 2 pills a week. I would highly recommend this medication to anyone who suffers from anorexia or had no appetite."

Trixie777 January 8, 2013

140 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "I take it once a day, and been on it for 2 weeks and already gain 4lb. I feel a lot better and can tell the difference. For the first week I felt like a zombie but once in my system the zombie is gone. I recommend this to anyone who wants to gain weight and be healthy."

Anonymous July 17, 2012

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "On Periactin now for three weeks. I've gained 6 lbs so far. Still making me drowsy. Will keep you updated."

Nummie1 December 4, 2011

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "Periactin (Cyproheptadine) is amazing for weight gain! I gained so much weight and I looked amazing, however there were three side effects 1) I slept like a bear, I was always tired 2) I had really bad mood swings, and I was like a zombie 3) dry nose bleeds. However I reduced the dosage from 2 tables (one in the morning, one at night) to one a day and I felt much better. I recommend you take multi-vitamins and do lots of exercise. The results were quick and amazing, I would recommend it to anyone who wants to gain weight."

madame October 1, 2011

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I gained 10 pounds in 7 days. It's the best weight gain supplement in the WORLD!"

Anonymous September 14, 2011

"I wanted to share my experience with Cyprohepatine. If you want to gain weight it really works, I have tried everything to try to gain weight, shakes, vitamins, etc. I have tried it and nothing worked. Until one day I found the answer-Cyprohepatine. If you are wondering like I was and asking does it really work. The answer is YES! YES! 117-124 pounds in one week ;) happy weight gaining."

Anonymous March 18, 2011

Periactin (cyproheptadine): "Great for weight gain."

clive345 June 24, 2010

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Anorexia