User Reviews for Cyproheptadine

Also known as: Periactin

Learn more about Cyproheptadine.

Cyproheptadine review summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 13 medications used in the treatment of Anorexia.

Reviews for Cyproheptadine to treat Anorexia

Review by fabulous40 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Periactin (cyproheptadine): I have been looking for a long time a pill that would help me gain weight. Its not like was unhappy with the way I look but just wanted to add some curves. My daughter has been taking the pill and she was a lot smaller than me and she is looking great now. It does make you a little sleep at first but your body will start to get adjusted to it. I highly recommend this pill for weight gain. I just love and one pill a day will do the trick!

July 19, 2014 11:58 AM

Review by Cece985:

Periactin (cyproheptadine): This medicine is exceptional! I see many people saying they gained 1-5 lbs, I took it faithfully, three times a day and would you believe I moved up from a 7/8 to a 9/10 and put on about 22 lbs within only 4 wks. I stopped for about 2 wks, lost about 6 lbs(mainly stress) but I'm back on them and sleeping a little more, but it only took about 2-3 wks for my body to get used to them. If you wish to gain weight try this! You will cry tears of joy I was struggling with weight gain for about 5 yrs!

June 29, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by JoJay:

Periactin (cyproheptadine): All my life I have struggled to gain or maintain my weight. There are periods when I have no appetite. Can go for days and not eat and not get hungry. This medication has been a God send. At first the drowsiness was almost debilitating. After reaching my desired weight, I found that dropping the dose to 1/4 tablet per day kept it on but without the side effects. My son suffers from the same thing and he is now on it too. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to gain weight.

June 29, 2014 1:12 PM

Review by Hilly Billy:

Periactin (cyproheptadine): I have struggled keeping on weight all my life I used to buy it in my country it work like wonders. Since moving to the UK I was unable to find it. Last week I found it in a pharmacy I have stocked up on it like I am preparing for world war three.

June 19, 2014 2:39 PM

Review by Thimslick:

After having kids I had a hard time trying to maintain my weight at my lowest point I was way down to like 109 lbs and over the years I would fluctuate between 117- to 120 lbs I'm 5'5 and I felt pretty skinny which made me uncomfortable so after researching Periactin I went to my doctor and got the script and I must say these pills changed my life I'm now at 140 lbs I feel great and they worked pretty fast, I would say within 3 weeks I noticed big changes and I stopped taking the pills a few months ago and I'm still maintaining the weight plus I added Boost Plus to my diet and I'm very satisfied and everyone notices the weight I put on, oh and I only took one tablet at night because they do make you extra sleepy.. pros outweighs cons.

April 10, 2014 11:41 AM

Review by maslar01:

Periactin (cyproheptadine): I am a retired physician who during the course of his practice treated many patients with severe anorexia secondary to HIV/AIDS as well as near end stage malignancies. For many years I prescribed Periactin starting with the 2mgm dose 1/2 to one hour before meal time. Many patients reported a robust weight gain. The hypersomnolence (excessive sleepiness) disappeared after one to three months. The Periactin can be reduced to one 2mgm every third day and the weight usually is maintained at good if not optimal levels.

October 3, 2013 2:51 PM

Review by LaLaTeT:

I've been skinny my whole life basically. I'm 5'4", 18 yrs. old and weigh only 98 pounds I asked my doc is there anything I could do to gain at least 10 pounds so I could feel healthier and better about myself. She told me to just learn to love myself more but I guess she didn't understand that I love everything about me but I would love to put on some extra pounds. Well I started taking these last night and I would highly recommend NOT taking these if you have somewhere to be or something to do. My appetite skyrocketed and I ate everything in sight, but when I'm at least a month into these I'll update on everything.

July 30, 2013 3:59 PM

Review by miss cali (taken for less than 1 month):

I just got my cyproheptadine pills last Monday, and gained 15 pounds by that Friday. I'm so happy, all it took was five days. Started at 105lbs ended at 120lbs. Happy weight.

July 3, 2013 1:56 AM

Review by Trixie777:

Periactin (cyproheptadine): I am 5'7" weigh 109lbs and had three kids over 8lbs. I am anorexic and had been doing everything to maintain a healthy weight. When I started taking Periactin (cyproheptadine), I was gaining 1-2 lbs a day. The only problem is that 3/4 of my day I was sleeping, had dry mouth and very bad mood swings. Due to my heavy work schedule it was hard to continue taking the pills. When I stopped, I lost the weight as quick as I gained it. 4 days ago I started taking it again and gained 5 lbs. This time once I reach my target weight of 130, I will set aside a meal plan to maintain this weight in addition to taking only 2 pills a week. I would highly recommend this medication to anyone who suffers from anorexia or had no appetite.

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2013 10:54 AM

Periactin (cyproheptadine): I take it once a day, and been on it for 2 weeks and already gain 4lb. I feel a lot better and can tell the difference. For the first week I felt like a zombie but once in my system the zombie is gone. I recommend this to anyone who wants to gain weight and be healthy.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 17, 2012 3:43 PM

Review by Nummie1:

Periactin (cyproheptadine): On Periactin now for three weeks. I've gained 6 lbs so far. Still making me drowsy. Will keep you updated.

December 4, 2011 4:57 PM

Review by madame:

Periactin (cyproheptadine): Periactin (Cyproheptadine) is amazing for weight gain! I gained so much weight and I looked amazing, however there were three side effects 1) I slept like a bear, I was always tired 2) I had really bad mood swings, and I was like a zombie 3) dry nose bleeds. However I reduced the dosage from 2 tables (one in the morning, one at night) to one a day and I felt much better. I recommend you take multi-vitamins and do lots of exercise. The results were quick and amazing, I would recommend it to anyone who wants to gain weight.

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 1, 2011 6:46 PM

I gained 10 pounds in 7 days. It's the best weight gain supplement in the WORLD!

September 14, 2011 9:11 PM

I wanted to share my experience with Cyprohepatine. If you want to gain weight it really works, I have tried everything to try to gain weight, shakes, vitamins, etc. I have tried it and nothing worked. Until one day I found the answer-Cyprohepatine. If you are wondering like I was and asking does it really work. The answer is YES! YES! 117-124 pounds in one week ;) happy weight gaining.

March 18, 2011 8:52 PM

Review by clive345:

Periactin (cyproheptadine): Great for weight gain.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2010 4:51 AM

Periactin (cyproheptadine): Used this for severely underweight toddler (borderline failure to thrive) to gently bring the weight back on to the growth chart. Managed to bring the weight up from off the chart to 25% (for a 90% height baby).

July 26, 2009 2:47 PM

Review by gatormama:

I was only 90lbs at the age of 47, in 2005. I started taking cyproheptadine syrup in March of 2005. I gained 50lbs, in a months time. In April of 2005 I was weighing 140lbs. I still weigh 140lbs and my husband says I look good. I'll tell anybody who wants to gain weight to get cyproheptadine syrup.

January 11, 2009 6:01 PM

My son has been taking this medication to help gain weight. It has helped his appetite and seemed to help with his morning sneezing also. We give him a teaspoon in the evening and he is hungry before bed and eats more in the morning now.

November 9, 2008 6:49 PM

Review by feelinggood:

I had been trying to gain weight for over twenty years, but just did not have a big enough apetite. Started taking cypoheptadine and vitamin B supplement (B1,B2,B6 and B12), I gained 30 lbs. in 6 months and the response from coworkers, family and friends were unbelievable. Everyone said I looked great. I went from a size 3 to a size 7, and I am overjoyed.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 28, 2008 6:22 PM