Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Cyproheptadine

Also known as: Periactin

Learn more about Cyproheptadine.

Cyproheptadine review summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 13 medications used in the treatment of Anorexia.

Reviews for Cyproheptadine to treat Anorexia

Review by Thimslick: User Rating:

cyproheptadine: After having kids I had a hard time trying to maintain my weight at my lowest point I was way down to like 109 lbs and over the years I would fluctuate between 117- to 120 lbs I'm 5'5 and I felt pretty skinny which made me uncomfortable so after researching Periactin I went to my doctor and got the script and I must say these pills changed my life I'm now at 140 lbs I feel great and they worked pretty fast, I would say within 3 weeks I noticed big changes and I stopped taking the pills a few months ago and I'm still maintaining the weight plus I added Boost Plus to my diet and I'm very satisfied and everyone notices the weight I put on, oh and I only took one tablet at night because they do make you extra sleepy.. pros outweighs cons.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 10, 2014 11:41 AM
Review by maslar01: User Rating:

Periactin (cyproheptadine): I am a retired physician who during the course of his practice treated many patients with severe anorexia secondary to HIV/AIDS as well as near end stage malignancies. For many years I prescribed Periactin starting with the 2mgm dose 1/2 to one hour before meal time. Many patients reported a robust weight gain. The hypersomnolence (excessive sleepiness) disappeared after one to three months. The Periactin can be reduced to one 2mgm every third day and the weight usually is maintained at good if not optimal levels.

October 3, 2013 2:51 PM
Review by LaLaTeT: User Rating:

cyproheptadine: I've been skinny my whole life basically. I'm 5'4", 18 yrs. old and weigh only 98 pounds I asked my doc is there anything I could do to gain at least 10 pounds so I could feel healthier and better about myself. She told me to just learn to love myself more but I guess she didn't understand that I love everything about me but I would love to put on some extra pounds. Well I started taking these last night and I would highly recommend NOT taking these if you have somewhere to be or something to do. My appetite skyrocketed and I ate everything in sight, but when I'm at least a month into these I'll update on everything.

July 30, 2013 3:59 PM
Review by miss cali (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

cyproheptadine: I just got my cyproheptadine pills last Monday, and gained 15 pounds by that Friday. I'm so happy, all it took was five days. Started at 105lbs ended at 120lbs. Happy weight.

July 3, 2013 1:56 AM
Review by Trixie777: User Rating:

Periactin (cyproheptadine): I am 5'7" weigh 109lbs and had three kids over 8lbs. I am anorexic and had been doing everything to maintain a healthy weight. When I started taking Periactin (cyproheptadine), I was gaining 1-2 lbs a day. The only problem is that 3/4 of my day I was sleeping, had dry mouth and very bad mood swings. Due to my heavy work schedule it was hard to continue taking the pills. When I stopped, I lost the weight as quick as I gained it. 4 days ago I started taking it again and gained 5 lbs. This time once I reach my target weight of 130, I will set aside a meal plan to maintain this weight in addition to taking only 2 pills a week. I would highly recommend this medication to anyone who suffers from anorexia or had no appetite.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 8, 2013 10:54 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Periactin (cyproheptadine): I take it once a day, and been on it for 2 weeks and already gain 4lb. I feel a lot better and can tell the difference. For the first week I felt like a zombie but once in my system the zombie is gone. I recommend this to anyone who wants to gain weight and be healthy.

July 17, 2012 3:43 PM
Review by Nummie1: User Rating:

Periactin (cyproheptadine): On Periactin now for three weeks. I've gained 6 lbs so far. Still making me drowsy. Will keep you updated.

December 4, 2011 4:57 PM
Review by madame: User Rating:

Periactin (cyproheptadine): Periactin (Cyproheptadine) is amazing for weight gain! I gained so much weight and I looked amazing, however there were three side effects 1) I slept like a bear, I was always tired 2) I had really bad mood swings, and I was like a zombie 3) dry nose bleeds. However I reduced the dosage from 2 tables (one in the morning, one at night) to one a day and I felt much better. I recommend you take multi-vitamins and do lots of exercise. The results were quick and amazing, I would recommend it to anyone who wants to gain weight.

October 1, 2011 6:46 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

cyproheptadine: I gained 10 pounds in 7 days. It's the best weight gain supplement in the WORLD!

September 14, 2011 9:11 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

cyproheptadine: I wanted to share my experience with Cyprohepatine. If you want to gain weight it really works, I have tried everything to try to gain weight, shakes, vitamins, etc. I have tried it and nothing worked. Until one day I found the answer-Cyprohepatine. If you are wondering like I was and asking does it really work. The answer is YES! YES! 117-124 pounds in one week ;) happy weight gaining.

March 18, 2011 8:52 PM
Review by clive345: User Rating:

Periactin (cyproheptadine): Great for weight gain.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 24, 2010 4:51 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Periactin (cyproheptadine): Used this for severely underweight toddler (borderline failure to thrive) to gently bring the weight back on to the growth chart. Managed to bring the weight up from off the chart to 25% (for a 90% height baby).

July 26, 2009 2:47 PM
Review by gatormama: User Rating:

cyproheptadine: I was only 90lbs at the age of 47, in 2005. I started taking cyproheptadine syrup in March of 2005. I gained 50lbs, in a months time. In April of 2005 I was weighing 140lbs. I still weigh 140lbs and my husband says I look good. I'll tell anybody who wants to gain weight to get cyproheptadine syrup.

January 11, 2009 6:01 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

cyproheptadine: My son has been taking this medication to help gain weight. It has helped his appetite and seemed to help with his morning sneezing also. We give him a teaspoon in the evening and he is hungry before bed and eats more in the morning now.

November 9, 2008 6:49 PM
Review by feelinggood: User Rating:

cyproheptadine: I had been trying to gain weight for over twenty years, but just did not have a big enough apetite. Started taking cypoheptadine and vitamin B supplement (B1,B2,B6 and B12), I gained 30 lbs. in 6 months and the response from coworkers, family and friends were unbelievable. Everyone said I looked great. I went from a size 3 to a size 7, and I am overjoyed.

March 28, 2008 6:22 PM