User Reviews for Cyclosporine

Also known as: Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune

Learn more about Cyclosporine.

Organ Transplant, Re...tion Prophylaxis 2 reviews 13 medications

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura 2 reviews 101 medications

Psoriasis 1 reviews 311 medications

Ulcerative Colitis, Active 2 reviews 70 medications

Cogan's Syndrome 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Crohn's Disease 0 reviews 66 medications Not rated - Be the first
Evan's Syndrome 0 reviews 50 medications Not rated - Be the first
Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Graft-versus-host disease 0 reviews 11 medications Not rated - Be the first
Inflammatory Bowel Disease 0 reviews 73 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nephrotic Syndrome 0 reviews 57 medications Not rated - Be the first
Organ Transplant, Rejection Reversal 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pemphigoid 0 reviews 76 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pemphigus 0 reviews 93 medications Not rated - Be the first
Psoriatic Arthritis 0 reviews 73 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 358 medications Not rated - Be the first
Ulcerative Colitis 0 reviews 74 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Cyclosporine reviews 7 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Cyclosporine

Neoral (cyclosporine) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I had weight gain once I was use to taking this medicine In talking to other kidney transplant people that are on this medicine they have a weight gain also. My eating habits have not changed. Taking this medicine with water makes my stomach sick."

Merlin123 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 27, 2014

Neoral (cyclosporine) for Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: "After years struggling with acute Eczema, I was prescribed UVB 3 times a week. It worked for a while, then the effectiveness wore off slowly. Years later, after trying several medicines/creams I was prescribed Neoral 300mg/day. Within days I saw a remarkable recovery, within weeks I was mostly cured. The side effects I suffer from are minute compared to the suffering I have endured previously with Eczema. Most days my hands/feet are burning, so hot they feel cold, extreme temperatures, hot/cold seem to make it worse, when I wash my hands, I can't tell whether the water is ice cold or burning hot. Colds, flu, chest, ear and throat infections make up most of my winters but I still would prefer to take Neoral, than have debilating eczema."

Purple3121 July 8, 2013

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: "Had extremely active colitis, was hospitalized and given IV Cyclosporine as a last resort. Started feeling better within 2 days. Was in hospital for 8 days and feel amazing. That was 5 months ago and still feel great. Slight tingling in hands and feet and extra hair growth but nothing you can't live with to feel better. Best medicine ever."

Jamy November 30, 2011

For Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: "I'm a 32 y/o male. Ive been taking cyclosporine for about a week now and its let me keep my own platelets without any transfusions. The only side effects I've had so far is headaches and some abdominal pain. I have an Autoimmune disease called ITP which attacks my platelets."

cyclosporine January 4, 2011

Gengraf (cyclosporine) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: "I am 7 years post Kidney transplant. I have been taking Gengraf and Myfortic for about 4 years. I have had no problems with rejection. I started out taking Cellcept and Neoral but had to change because of my insurance made it too expensive. "

JeffArender September 12, 2010

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: "After using steriods for many years that stopped working I was put on cyclosporine. My body reacted well to it and within approximately 3 weeks my symptoms had nearly disappeared. I unfortuntely get some side effects from it such as tiredness and headaches. "

Anonymous June 4, 2008

Neoral (cyclosporine) for Psoriasis: "In the UK after many years in the Middle East, my psoriasis, unnoticeable in the warm climate, returned as heavy scales on my arms, legs and stomach. Prescribed NEORAL I was completely clear after six weeks with no side effects. After 20 months my does was reduced by 25% and within three months my psoriasis had returned although not as heavy. My dosage was changed back two weeks ago, and already there is a marked difference in my skin, hopefully I will be clear again soon!"

kjeffstewart March 7, 2008