User Reviews for Cyclosporine

Also known as: Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune

Learn more about Cyclosporine.

Organ Transplant, Re...tion Prophylaxis 1 reviews 13 medications

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura 2 reviews 100 medications

Psoriasis 1 reviews 308 medications

Ulcerative Colitis, Active 2 reviews 69 medications

Cogan's Syndrome 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Crohn's Disease 0 reviews 68 medications Not rated - Be the first
Evan's Syndrome 0 reviews 50 medications Not rated - Be the first
Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Graft-versus-host disease 0 reviews 11 medications Not rated - Be the first
Inflammatory Bowel Disease 0 reviews 73 medications Not rated - Be the first
Nephrotic Syndrome 0 reviews 57 medications Not rated - Be the first
Organ Transplant, Rejection Reversal 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pemphigoid 0 reviews 76 medications Not rated - Be the first
Pemphigus 0 reviews 93 medications Not rated - Be the first
Psoriatic Arthritis 0 reviews 73 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 365 medications Not rated - Be the first
Ulcerative Colitis 0 reviews 73 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Cyclosporine reviews 6 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Cyclosporine

Review by Purple3121: User Rating:

Neoral (cyclosporine) for Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: After years struggling with acute Eczema, I was prescribed UVB 3 times a week. It worked for a while, then the effectiveness wore off slowly. Years later, after trying several medicines/creams I was prescribed Neoral 300mg/day. Within days I saw a remarkable recovery, within weeks I was mostly cured. The side effects I suffer from are minute compared to the suffering I have endured previously with Eczema. Most days my hands/feet are burning, so hot they feel cold, extreme temperatures, hot/cold seem to make it worse, when I wash my hands, I can't tell whether the water is ice cold or burning hot. Colds, flu, chest, ear and throat infections make up most of my winters but I still would prefer to take Neoral, than have debilating eczema.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 8, 2013 5:55 AM
Review by Jamy: User Rating:

cyclosporine for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: Had extremely active colitis, was hospitalized and given IV Cyclosporine as a last resort. Started feeling better within 2 days. Was in hospital for 8 days and feel amazing. That was 5 months ago and still feel great. Slight tingling in hands and feet and extra hair growth but nothing you can't live with to feel better. Best medicine ever.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 30, 2011 7:33 PM
Review by cyclosporine: User Rating:

cyclosporine for Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: I'm a 32 y/o male. Ive been taking cyclosporine for about a week now and its let me keep my own platelets without any transfusions. The only side effects I've had so far is headaches and some abdominal pain. I have an Autoimmune disease called ITP which attacks my platelets.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 4, 2011 5:14 PM
Review by JeffArender: User Rating:

Gengraf (cyclosporine) for Organ Transplant, Rejection Prophylaxis: I am 7 years post Kidney transplant. I have been taking Gengraf and Myfortic for about 4 years. I have had no problems with rejection. I started out taking Cellcept and Neoral but had to change because of my insurance made it too expensive.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 12, 2010 10:36 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

cyclosporine for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: After using steriods for many years that stopped working I was put on cyclosporine. My body reacted well to it and within approximately 3 weeks my symptoms had nearly disappeared. I unfortuntely get some side effects from it such as tiredness and headaches.

June 4, 2008 6:30 AM
Review by kjeffstewart: User Rating:

Neoral (cyclosporine) for Psoriasis: In the UK after many years in the Middle East, my psoriasis, unnoticeable in the warm climate, returned as heavy scales on my arms, legs and stomach. Prescribed NEORAL I was completely clear after six weeks with no side effects. After 20 months my does was reduced by 25% and within three months my psoriasis had returned although not as heavy. My dosage was changed back two weeks ago, and already there is a marked difference in my skin, hopefully I will be clear again soon!

March 7, 2008 2:32 PM

Got questions about Rheumatoid Arthritis? Get answers from our expert Dr. Carteron. Click Here