User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Cyclobenzaprine review summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 26 medications used in the treatment of Temporomandibular Joint Disorder.

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine to treat Temporomandibular Joint Disorder

Review by harveykay:

I was given Flexeril to take at bedtime for TMJ morning headaches and ear pain. I cannot tell if it helps because I have nightmares when I take it. The dreams are so very vivid...

November 12, 2013 3:47 PM

Review by TMJ cure:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): After struggling with Temporomandibular Joint Disorder for years, seeing so many dentists and doctors, I have finally gotten it under control with Flexeril. My doctor finally diagnosed it as muscle spasms and tension from my anxiety disorder. I take Buspar also, and the combination has been a miracle cure for me. I no longer need pain medicines stronger than OTC. I feel so much better.

February 13, 2011 12:39 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): This medicine helps ease the pain, discomfort of temporomandibular Joint Disorder associated with these symptoms for me. Tightness in jaw and neck, pain in jaw and neck down to shoulder. Also helps with other symptoms for me that seem to be like fibromyalgia symptoms. I give this medicine a high score. I have no side effects, except that it makes me very sleepy. I take this medicine at night before bed as it knocks me out about 1.5 hours after taking it. I can not take it during the day as I would not be able to function without falling asleep, that is the only bad thing. Sometime only a half of the pill is needed and for others the whole pill. I stay sleeping all night long without any interruptions of discomfort or pain.

December 11, 2010 2:00 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): Helps me sleep, but I don't notice much relaxing of the jaw muscles. I only take 10mg as I don't like pills, so maybe that is why (says I can take up to 20mg). I haven't felt some of what others have said in previous reviews.

April 3, 2010 11:25 PM

Helps relax muscles while I sleep so I don't clench my teeth and wake up with pain. Unfortunately, leaves me feeling off balance and hung over the next morning. I'm going to talk to my doctor about lowering the dose to see if it is still effective.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate