User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Cyclobenzaprine review summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Spasm.

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine to treat Muscle Spasm

Review by stabee (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I thought this was helping my back and sciatica. Today was my 4th day taking it and I have stomach pain so bad I am contemplating going to the emergency room. I can't keep any food down at all either. This is worse than the back/leg pain.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 16, 2014 2:40 PM
Review by Moose78: User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine: Dry mouth, tremors, but no other significant side effects.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 23, 2014 5:14 PM
Review by PattyP11 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): Amrix did nothing for tight muscles. No side effects but no effects period.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 16, 2014 7:31 PM
Review by Jefnrf8386 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine (cyclobenzaprine): I broke out in a bright red rash on my face. Was very irritable and dizzy. Was extremely hot and suffered a lot of confusion.

October 6, 2013 1:08 AM
Review by mommaof2xx (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine: I have taken this a few times, for muscle spasms- due to whiplash and other injuries over the years. I am currently prescribed it once more for a pulled gluteal muscle, but this time I am only on 5 mg once a day at night, for two weeks. 10 mg simply knocks me out and leaves me feeling completely hungover and drained the next day. I gave it a 9 because sometimes it wakes me up with horrid dry mouth and it takes me a little longer to fully wake up in the morning.

October 3, 2013 5:58 PM
Review by Optional (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): Was on Soma but VA took it away due to addictive possibilities. Didn't experience any of the withdrawals. In any case prescribed Flexeril and it was okay except for the side effects. Had severe difficulty urinating, then one would start it would just dribble out. Trying Robaxin next. Will update on how it works for me.

September 30, 2013 1:34 PM
Review by BeeGees (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): Definitely relaxed my back muscles. The only odd side effect is a very, very, very strong hangover. I couldn't focus my eyes on one thing for more than a second. Caused me to sleep about 18 hours at a time.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 13, 2013 2:57 PM
Review by freednerd (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): Helps with muscle pain and tension. Does cause drowsiness, but if you are hurting it is worth it. Take currently for Fibromyalgia when I am having a bad day. Can take small doses and function at work, but larger doses I will be asleep.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 27, 2013 1:07 PM
Review by Sunshine9: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I get muscle tightness and spasms often after workouts as a side effect of arthritis in my back & neck (which was diagnosed for me in 2011). Flexeril was prescribed for this problem. It works great, but here is my feedback. First few times I took it, it knocked me out. Had to lay down & sleep. Took awhile of taking it in smaller doses, where this effect went away. After 3 weeks of use, I started holding fluids really bad. So I no longer use it daily, only as desperately needed. Also causes constipation, so be prepared to add Fiber to your diet to help with that. When I do take it, I'm able to work out the problem areas in my neck (which bothers me the most) with sports cream rub, while on the Flexeril. I can definitely recommend!

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 3, 2013 3:01 PM
Review by Derecho Dravas (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine (cyclobenzaprine): I used Deep relief cream 4 times a day. It took time and had a little bit of walking outside or at the gym slowly to kind of help the muscle move a bit. Stretching is also good! Back spasms are really bad. I hope you guys recover and good luck!

January 21, 2013 8:30 PM
Review by Instructor (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine: It's a good medicine ..takes away my back pain and muscle spasms. The only downside is that it gives me blurred vision.

January 7, 2013 6:12 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I tore my labrum in my left hip, doctor gave me Robaxin at 1st but didn't seem to work. I take 2 of these and 1 Vicodin and I feel much better. After surgery I will hopefully be able to get rid of these and get back to normal.

October 11, 2012 12:20 AM
Review by RemSupreme (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine: I took Soma for years and it worked really good, but my Doctor retired and my new doctor whom I am going to change soon wouldn't prescribe Soma for me instead he prescribed Cyclobenzaprine. It didn't help my muscle spasms at all. When I took Soma I could get a good night sleep, now my back spasms returned with a vengeance. I told my new Doctor and he gave me Soma. If you are having bad back spasm's take Soma it is 100% better.

August 14, 2012 11:08 AM
Review by kennysmom (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine: I have the onset of degenerative disc disease, scoliosis, arthritis in my hips and low back muscle spasms that act up all the time and intensify when I exercise. As a result, I don't exercise fearing the pain. I tried this medicine about 5 years ago and I didn't notice any changes. For the past 2 years I have been seeing a chiropractor for my back and I asked my Dr. to prescribe this medicine again and WOW is all I can say. I can exercise rigorously for 45 minutes without feeling like I need to be put in traction the next morning. I take 1 tablet every 12 hours on days I exercise and I take 1 before I go to bed on my rest days. I feel like a new women. This medicine works well in combination with chiropractic care. I haven't been sleepy either.

July 11, 2012 6:42 PM
Review by tkit8548 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine: Caused leg cramps nightly and water retention.

June 5, 2012 9:45 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine: Had a major pinched nerve and massive back pain. This worked great.

May 20, 2012 10:42 PM
Review by LillyF (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): This is the best muscle relaxer, in my opinion. I took a star off because it knocks me out cold. If I'm asleep, I'm not going to feel pain or spasms either way.

May 1, 2012 11:29 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I take Flexeril for muscle spasm related to bulged discs at L3-L4, L4-L5, and L5-S1. I get sciatica down both legs. I also have C6-C7 facet joint damage that catches and occasionally prevents me from turning my head to the left. I am highly resistant to narcotics and anesthetics, and take 10mg Flexeril during the day without any side effects. It allows me to function without letting the muscles lock up. It stops the pain cycle (pain=muscle tension=pain=muscle tension). When I take it at night, it quicly reduces the spasming. If the pain is severe, I take with narcotics for one night to force massive relaxation. This should be done with extreme caution tho - combining opiates and muscle relaxers can cause someone to stop breathing.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 15, 2012 11:25 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): Amrix does relieve the pain however it made me very tired and out of it. The next day I still felt exhausted, it's not for me.

March 10, 2012 10:14 PM
Review by RainMagic78: User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine: I must be one of the rare ones.This medication was to be a resolution to constant pain from a pulled muscle in my face and neck after oral surgery. I was instructed to take 1-5MG tablet twice daily for 1 month. I take it 2 hours before bed, and by bedtime, I'm so wired and jittery, I have to stay up to avoid keeping my spouse up. I also have restless leg syndrome, spells were rare until this. After taking 1 tablet, I will spend the next 4 to 6 hours, pacing, as it seems to cause prolonged restless leg syndrome spells. The feeling seems to affect my arms as well, so I have this need to shake my hands/arms violently. Now, completely exhausted, I have to fight through the pain in my face still to sleep. I no longer take it.

February 26, 2012 8:47 AM
Review by angziety: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): The side effect that made me stop it was severe reflux. I would wake up from a dead sleep basically vomiting in my mouth and nearly choking on it. This happened nightly for weeks and I just couldn't tolerate it anymore. It does help a great deal with relaxing the muscles (and for pain). I also get insomnia from this while most people get drowsy.

February 15, 2012 2:55 AM
Review by snyderink: User Rating:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): Amrix is the best. I have taken many muscle relaxers over the years and they all make me sleepy, (which I despise). I take Amrix after dinner and I sleep comfortably and wake refreshed and able to make it through the day with only Aleve or ibuprofin. I am so greatful for Amrix.

February 13, 2012 12:04 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I took this when I pulled a muscle in my back and could no longer pick up my infant daughter. I took it in the middle of the day and it helped with the pain. Initially didn't make me sleepy but the next morning it was near impossible to wake up. It was that terrible "hang-over" feeling. It was the worst I've ever felt. I could hardly make myself wake up to get dressed and use the restroom. I laid around until almost 4pm the next day just because of pure lack of energy. Luckily I was only prescribed it for a week or so otherwise I'm sure I would have quit taking it because of the drowsiness after effect.

February 4, 2012 6:21 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): Relaxed me. helped my problem.

January 15, 2012 10:30 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I have severe neck pain and muscle knots in my neck. I've been told by my doctor these knots are essentially small bone spurs that protrude into the muscle tissue which causes spasms. This is particularly bad when its damp or rainy. I was prescribed 10 mg of Flexeril. Overall, I'd say it works great with very few side effects. The only issue is some days 10mg doesn't seem to help very much. I have taken up to 15 mg (one-and-a-half) when the pain or knots are really bad. At the 10 mg dose I do NOT have any problems with being sleepy and take it during the work day all the time with no sleepiness. If I take it with a pain medicine it will make me drowsy. The sleepiness side effect seems to vary person to person.

December 22, 2011 5:14 PM