Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Cyclobenzaprine review summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 38 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Spasm.

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine to treat Muscle Spasm

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): My doctor prescribed 10 mg flexeril 3 times per day for a painful and crippling muscle spasm in my lower back. The dosage helped relax my back, but it also relaxed everything else in my body. I had difficulty controlling my extremities, as if they were detached from the rest of my body. Sometimes I didn't have enough control of my tongue to speak clearly. Sometimes I felt weak and uncoordinated, for example, I had to take my time going up and down stairs. I felt generally sleepy and spaced out most of the time, and felt thirstier than usual. I also needed more sleep than usual, 10 hours. Overall effective for helping my condition, but the side effects were a little frightening.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2015 10:54 PM

Review by slanecastle (taken for less than 1 month):

It seemed to give me restless legs and and a very dry mouth...first day. I'll post next week to tell how it really reacts with me.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2015 8:00 PM

Review by shellesbelles (taken for less than 1 month):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): Taking this medication after 3 day I experienced watery bowel motion.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 14, 2015 8:34 PM

Review by QueenPooch (taken for less than 1 month):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I pulled/strained a muscle in my upper back last week, and the pain was so bad, I could hardly breathe. My doctor prescribed Flexeril which I took as soon as possible with a little food - around 2:00 PM. About an hour later I was out COLD - asleep for the rest of the day, that night, and until late the next morning. Good thing I took a couple of days off from work, because I felt drowsy and weird for at least 24 hours after I took it. There's no way I could have driven - much less accomplished anything at work. Having said all this, it really did kill the pain. It's as if I never injured my back. But at what cost? I think I'll take 800 mgs of ibuprofen instead if I ever have a similar injury.

March 10, 2015 1:55 PM

Review by SJCat (taken for less than 1 month):

Went to Dr last night for back pain lasting 2 weeks after a fall. Prescribed this medicine 3 times a day at 10mg for 3 weeks along with Naproxyn and physical therapy to start next week. Cyclobenzaprine surely helps with the spasms but I can't stand up without almost passing out from the dizziness.

January 22, 2015 2:34 PM

Review by Sz_hcs:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): Twisted my back and taking this medication for back spasm.. Works well in my opinion

January 21, 2015 8:49 PM

Review by sleepy001:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): Yikes! I don't like taking medication of any kind. I've had a frozen shoulder for 8 months and am ready to gnaw off my own arm from the pain and lack of mobility. My PCP prescribed this for shoulder impingement. I took half of a 10 at 8 pm and slept all night. I do have a very dry mouth and feel hung-over this morning. I'd reserve this for bedtime use only.

December 11, 2014 6:04 AM

Review by Is it a lot:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): My doctor has me on FLexeril 10 mg 3 times a day but it doesn't work for me. I have been taking it for 2 weeks now he wants to up my dose. To 20 mg 3 times a day that sounds like a lot to me.

December 10, 2014 5:59 PM

Review by Richard28:

Was working fine for L5 pain then one night after dinner I had bad pain I took 1in a half pills 10mg an hour later was experiencing terrible upper back pain above shoulders real bad stomach muscle pain and it was painful to swallow.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 2:50 AM

Review by HankySpanky:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I take 10mg 3x a day along with ibuprofen when my lower back starts acting up. I am better in 2 - 3 days. Works great for me. My doctor used to also prescribe a narcotic pain reliever but that did nothing for the pain. Ibuprofen along with Flexeril works best.

November 22, 2014 7:53 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

It worked great at first but over time its effects diminished. The only thing it really does now is make me tired, I guess I've been on it too long. I would still recommend it for short term use.

November 15, 2014 11:28 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): Made me sleep constantly. Did not stop spasms or pain

November 11, 2014 1:35 AM

Review by LouAnnP (taken for less than 1 month):

Works very well. My doc said as well that it's only safe for 3 weeks at a time, for flare ups not everyday use. It works very well.

October 13, 2014 12:04 AM

Review by stashio (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Perfect for severe up upper back muscle pain and spasms. I could barely stand by the end of a typical work day. Flexeril has made it possible to work and be more comfortable and able to enjoy life. Only side effects I've noticed is slight irritability, dry mouth, and only drowsiness when taken in a large dose or at the end of the day. Dosage is 10mg x 3 times daily. Usually one on my first work break, then 2 on my last break. Typically takes 1.5 hours to 2 hours to kick in so the timing is perfect. Able to enjoy life again, besides being stuck in be all the time.

October 2, 2014 12:30 AM

Review by Patrilia (taken for less than 1 month):

I went to the doctor this week for what I thought was a pinched nerve that caused shoulder pain. She determined that it was muscle strain (trapezius) and prescribed 10mg to be taken twice daily as needed. I took one in the afternoon on Thursday and another Wednesday morning. I ended up sleeping the entire day (except for getting up to make lunch for the kids). Later in the evening I started to feel very weak in my limbs (sort of like when you're getting over a really bad flu where you've been laid up in bed for days). I also started to feel impaired - dizzy, lightheaded, just out of it. The next day I didn't have the limpness, but I still had the lightheadedness and my calves were achy - maybe from too much sleep.

July 24, 2014 5:25 PM

Review by mlb70 (taken for 10 years or more):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I found this medication does not work at all

June 18, 2014 9:16 AM

Review by ja9 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I was prescribed this about 2 years ago. I have numbness and pain at night in my arm's that keep waking me up. Lots of tension headaches muscle pain and spasms during the day. I took 1 pill at night and 1 half during the day and it worked great. But I started to get severe redness and heat in my face. Stopped Flexeril and it went away. Only take if absolutely necessary and not more then 2 days back to back. Redness comes back.

May 22, 2014 9:11 PM

Review by Working Man (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I find Flexeril 'tops' for killing muscle pain associated with spasm, knots and/or injury. Compared to Valium (which I also have) the Flexeril does a better job for the actual pain & spasm. However, Flexeril does have heavy side effects which could discourage first time users: - Dry mouth and eyes. - A 'tight feeling' of the upper chest & bronchioles (very similar to what a high dose of Benadryl does). - Slightly blurry vision. - A substantial drowsiness which, for me, occurs about 4 hours after taking the dose. It becomes a struggle to stay awake. Definitely never go above the recommended dose - because of the harsh side effects.

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 16, 2014 11:30 PM

Review by fayfaith (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): It really does work and helps me to relax so I can rest & sleep. And I've taken it for off & on for several years! I have arthritis, pinched nerves, muscle spasms & a lot more elements. IT WORKS. But what works for one might not work for another. Best wishes to everyone!

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2014 11:11 PM

Review by stabee (taken for less than 1 month):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I thought this was helping my back and sciatica. Today was my 4th day taking it and I have stomach pain so bad I am contemplating going to the emergency room. I can't keep any food down at all either. This is worse than the back/leg pain.

April 16, 2014 2:40 PM

Review by Moose78:

Dry mouth, tremors, but no other significant side effects.

March 23, 2014 5:14 PM

Review by PattyP11 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): Amrix did nothing for tight muscles. No side effects but no effects period.

February 16, 2014 7:31 PM

Review by Jefnrf8386 (taken for less than 1 month):

Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine (cyclobenzaprine): I broke out in a bright red rash on my face. Was very irritable and dizzy. Was extremely hot and suffered a lot of confusion.

October 6, 2013 1:08 AM

Review by mommaof2xx (taken for less than 1 month):

I have taken this a few times, for muscle spasms- due to whiplash and other injuries over the years. I am currently prescribed it once more for a pulled gluteal muscle, but this time I am only on 5 mg once a day at night, for two weeks. 10 mg simply knocks me out and leaves me feeling completely hungover and drained the next day. I gave it a 9 because sometimes it wakes me up with horrid dry mouth and it takes me a little longer to fully wake up in the morning.

October 3, 2013 5:58 PM

Review by Optional (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): Was on Soma but VA took it away due to addictive possibilities. Didn't experience any of the withdrawals. In any case prescribed Flexeril and it was okay except for the side effects. Had severe difficulty urinating, then one would start it would just dribble out. Trying Robaxin next. Will update on how it works for me.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2013 1:34 PM