User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Cyclobenzaprine Rating Summary

6.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Spasm.

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine to treat Muscle Spasm

"Works wonders on a very sore back/hamstrings, no problems at all and I can deal with the side effect of drowsiness and dry mouth."

tkdgirl February 1, 2016

"I have back pain due to slipping on slippery ice. Doc gave me cyclobenzaprine but first I couldn't sleep and I was feeling my limbs numb and kind of cold, then I was waking up the whole night like every 2 hours, when I reached my wake up time everything has been feeling as if I'm in slow motion and it was only 1 tablet! I don't think I'll keep going with it."

Fha from Canada (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2016

"I was prescribed cyclobenzaprine for numbness and pain in my back, caused by a herniated t3 t4 disc. I had no relief of that pain nor the subsequent pain in the muscles that had been compensating. After two hours the medication made me so drowsy that I could close my eyes and fall asleep, and could be woken without any concept of time asleep. While awake I was completely unable to concentrate or retain information (I happened to take it while studying, unaware of the consequences). I then slept about 6 hours (3 hours after taking the medication) and then abruptly woke up. Took about an hour to return to sleep. I wouldn't recommend the drug if you are dealing with nerve pain or minor pain."

SlippedDisc (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): "I had pretty significant muscle spasms in my neck after my car was rear-ended. This medicine pretty much stopped all of the pain and allowed me to sleep soundly. The only problem is that it makes me drowsy."

Mike799 December 29, 2015

"Works well but very sleepy for up to 24 hrs later perhaps it takes awhile to get use to it"

Power1on December 22, 2015

"Awful experience taking this for lower back. But this week I had a spasm in my neck. IBProfin was not working. I was so uncomfortable I took one pill. It did nothing except make me feel SO tired. I didn't even remember going to bed. The next day, I felt extremely lethargic, zombie-ish and depressed. It's an awful and pointless medication."

Spasmzz (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2015

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): "My doctor recommended this medication for relief of muscle spasms associated with trigger points in my upper back. This is the first medication that really helps to take the edge off when the trigger point fires up. I still get pain but it's no where near as bad as it used to be. I have had no noticeable side effects other than some mild constipation. One 15mg capsule twice a day works for me."

bassman34480 November 14, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Works well "

I don't have one November 8, 2015

"This worked for me! It let the tense muscles in my back relax so I could fall asleep. I had a lot of confusion while taking the medication (like a mental fog) so I stopped taking it and now take melatonin"

Jared123456 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2015

"I got in a rear end collision and got severe whiplash and muscle spasms in my back. I was prescribed this and it work wonderfully. I when I didn't take it I couldn't move without pain and suffering. I absolutely loved this because it actually works. Sure it make you drowsy so what a small price to pay for the outcome."

Dani1900 (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Don't take this. Dont even think about it. Play around with tylenol and advil. This medicine's side effects to me: shortness of breath, fatigue stomach pains-sharp pains, unable to sleep. I am drinking as much water as I can to take it out my system but on the verge of an Emergency room visit. Have in mind this is my fist time. Sunday evening. 1 10 mg pill. That was all it took. Be careful. Extremely careful"

Jon22 October 27, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Got this prescribed after a week of constant back pain (twisted my back). 10mg 3X daily. Took one when I got home from the pharmacy (about 12p) and proceeded to be out for about 16 hours. 5 days later I am still having sleeping issues, both getting to sleep and waking up at a reasonable time. When I took the one pill, the back pain was gone, but I can't afford to be sleeping excessively. I'll keep it on hand for when pains are keeping me awake and I can afford to get 16+ hours of sleep, but not recommended if you have to function on a daily routine."

Jen0714 October 25, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "made me very restless and jittery could not sleep"

mistabeck October 21, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "I went to my doctor because I knew I pulled a back muscle. I tend to have issues anyways with the piraformus muscle and that aggravates the sciatica. Lower back pain and gluts tend to be an issue with me. I was getting moderate painful back spasms that felt like random poking with a sharp nail. He prescribed 10mg three times a day for 10 days. After the second day of following the instructions, I was sleeping 14 hours a day. I was a zombie, I couldn't function, and I felt depressed. Why I still rate it at an 8/10 is because it did what it was supposed to. I stopped and only take it once at night around bedtime. If you're skeptical at first taking the med, make sure you have the next day off. Don't drive on this."

Acidxnation October 20, 2015

"I fell and got severe whiplash which went undiagnosed and thus untreated for 6 months. I now am undergoing treatment to break down the scar tissue that has accumulated (yes, it's as painful as it sounds!) and I'm constantly in pain due to both the tension in my muscles and the breaking down of scar tissue. Doctor prescribed me 10mg twice a day and my pain is completely gone. Yes, I'm a little drowsy, but it's a small price to pay for relief in my opinion."

ReliefFinally September 13, 2015

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): "Amrix made me sleepy. And then for a week after 1 pill I was so irritable is was like psycho PMS and I hated everyone and everything. That stuff is toxic and I'll never take another one! Avoid it! Oh and my neck still hurt. Useless."

Choconut (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2015

"my experience with this medication is not great. I'm not typically a "drug sensitive" person. I was prescribed 10mgs of this three times daily (yeah right!) for lower back spasms. I'd rather have the spasms, I took one 10mg pill and started like nodding off and drooling on myself about an hour after taking it. Then, I was out cold. The next day, I felt wasted and hung over. This was like 16 hours later. Sure my pain was gone but it took me about 48 hours to be able to function normally again after taking this pill. No thanks."

BeeInNJ August 19, 2015

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Have had lower back pain from an injury 5 years ago picking up an incredibly heavy cabinet full of books. Yeah I know super intelligent! Have tried Xanax, ib protein 800 and Advil and nothing takes the pain away like flexeril 10mg consistantly right before bed! Wonder drug for me! Best part of all its non addicting. Doctor said its a torn muscle on the left side of my spine, also shot me up with a cortisone shot that hurt like hell for days! I have been on it for a week and it's night and day for me, hope it keeps doing what it's doing. Good luck to everyone!"

David Bravado (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2015

"I've been on 5mg of flexeril for about a year & a half. I take it only when needed but I can rarely take it because it makes me sleepy. If I take it late at night I have a hard time waking up the next morning. I've found if I take it by 7pm it's not so bad waking up the next day. I have severe bladder spasms and flexeril has helped (when I can take it)"

Jess94 July 29, 2015

Fexmid (cyclobenzaprine): "I have been suffering horrible chronic pain for the past 15 years, (after being struck by lightning). If only the doctors had tried this before, it could have saved me numerous hours of horrific pain with seemingly no end in sight. This is the best I've felt in years. Now I can start weaning myself off of the hard narcotics I hope. I would recommend this medication for any one that is suffering from severe neuropathy. What a major difference."

Danelforest July 28, 2015

"I have been taking flexril for two years I have a disc messed up at C5 to C7, I have experienced dry mouth, but it does take care of the pain."

PAMC36201 July 25, 2015

"Seems to be helping, to get me through my day.."

Tamstermon (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2015

"Did not help what so ever!"

Devine14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2015

"I have a bad disk which is causing a pinched nerve. I have a script for 10mg 3x a day, and it takes a couple hours to really kick in, but it does kick in eventually. On the flip side though, by the end of the day and after taking my prescribed amount, I felt very tired..... Then I woke up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and my arms, legs and brain felt like I got zombified.... And the worst cotton mouth ever. All in all, it did what it was prescribed to do...."

pappy1970 (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2015

"Makes me extremely sleepy and light headed. Made my neck feel so loose I could hardly hold my head up. Don't like how this makes me feel."

Sbs2224 July 19, 2015