User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Cyclobenzaprine review summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 87 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine to treat Migraine

Review by Indianagirl73:

I had a terrible migraine and took 1/2 of a 5mg. It worked great. Yes, it knocked me out for about 12hrs but that was a small price to pay in order to get rid of the pain. It just works different for people. My boyfriend takes a 10mg for back spasms and he can barely tell he took one. He is a little under 200 lbs and I'm about 140lbs. I do not take this medication on a regular basis. Maybe twice a month if that.

January 2, 2014 2:15 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Works great for occasional migraines but will knock you out cold for at least 12-18hrs, would not recommend as first line treatment but its great if you can't take a triptan due to interaction with SSRIs .

June 21, 2012 5:59 PM

Review by crimsonbelle70:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I don't know if I need a higher dosage or what, but it doesn't help me very well.

January 14, 2012 11:18 PM

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): Amrix is the only muscle relaxer that works for me, and I tried a lot. I also take Topamax and get Botox injections for my migraines. I'm on a low dose antidepressant also. This treatment seems to work for me. I went from 20 migraines a month down to about 5.

December 28, 2011 10:11 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): Has done a great job at preventing full blown migranes from interrupting my life when I used to get multiple migranes a week.

November 12, 2011 1:39 AM

Review by Babypie:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): The only medicine that keeps my migraines manageable. I take it along with Topiramate and a beta blocker, atenolol as well as the when required medicines for when one strikes (Naprelan, and either Frova or Axert or Sumavel injection).

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 15, 2011 9:56 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): From the first warning sign or pain it takes less then 20 minutes to take the migraine away.

July 5, 2011 12:59 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I was first prescribed Flexeril in 1994 and have been in love with it ever since. I suffer from recurring migraines and bad sinus headaches. My doctor at the time tried many different remedies, but the combination of 10mg of Flexeril along with 500mg of Naproxen has been a "100%" effective result since I first took it. I only take it when I am at home though because the Flexeril makes me very sleepy. FYI: body size doesn't matter to this little pill as I'm 6'4", 230lbs!

April 20, 2010 4:51 AM

Review by Linkme:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): Did not work well for me.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2010 8:22 AM

Review by coconnor:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I have used Flexeril for back pain but took one the other night because I had a migraine and couldn't sleep. I've never had relief from any migraine so I was amazed when after about 2 1/2 hours I got out of bed and felt OK to move around. After another hour or two I was feeling drowsy so ended up going to bed but I was happy to discover that Flexeril helped my migraine. It does make me VERY sleepy so I only take it when I don't have much to do the next day. I usually feel lethargic the day after.

February 14, 2010 1:58 PM

Review by sgarrison:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): Did not work well for me.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2010 5:31 PM

Review by sgarrison:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): Did not work well for me.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 10, 2010 5:28 PM

Review by lizzie74:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I have had migraines for the last 10 or so years, as well as insomnia. Flexeril has done wonders to alleviate both of these issues.

January 14, 2010 7:33 PM

This works well, but if I take 2 at a time, I pass out and can not be woken up easily for the next 12 hours.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 30, 2009 6:08 PM

Review by the surge:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): This medicine is awesome for migraines and lower back pain

April 1, 2009 5:48 PM

Review by pillzie:

I think this is a decent muscle relaxer that works well to calm one's nervous system down when in high stress. Also works good to help slow pain and aches.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 14, 2009 12:01 AM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I am an 18 year old female who has only been taking this for about a month. I've had migraines for about 4 years and have been prescribed every kind of beta and calcium blocker you can think of. Right now, I'm taking this along with Tiazac and it seems to be the best combination for me so far. I no longer wake up with pounding headaches, nor get limb weakness or spots. My only complaint is that it takes a few hours to start working, and then it does so full force. I would say to definitely take this before bedtime, and don't plan on doing anything until you get a good rest.

November 4, 2008 2:57 AM

Review by NO PAIN:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I agree that Flexeril is helpful because it helps me relax enough to sleep when I have a severe migraine. I can only take it at home at night though because it makes me tired.

October 11, 2008 7:12 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I get aura's without the headache (as well as the headache separately) which consisted of loss of speech, loss of power in my limbs etc and found that Flexeril often helps to prevent the aura's. Not sure why, and it isn't as effective any more, but to begin with as soon as I stopped taking it the symptoms would come back. After a year, I was able to stop taking it and the auras stayed away. Unfortunately, after 10 years they have come back and Flexeril doesnt seem as effective against them.

July 8, 2008 4:03 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): I have Flexeril prescribed to me because I suffer from migraines. I'm 17, have been getting migraines for about 9 years and have been on flexeril for about 2 years. I only take it occasionally when I get a bad migraine and need sleep to help with the pain. Although it's not usually prescribed for headaches or migraines, it helps reduce the pain lots and helps me sleep while I have a bad migraine.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 1, 2008 7:27 PM