User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Cyclobenzaprine Review Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 85 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine to treat Migraine

"I get a couple of migraines a month. Not sure if they are aggravated by hormones, stress or sinus pressure, probably a combination. Regardless I always have throbbing pain on one side of my head along with tight muscles through the neck and shoulder. Cyclobenzoprine is all that works. About 30 min after taking it I can feel the tension in my head and eyes lift. What a life saver after years of pain. I always back it up with an ibuprofen too. The ibuprofen alone barely touches it."

hayley b (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 19, 2014

"I was prescribed flexeril for migraine pain and relief but it actually seems to cause my headaches to get worse instead of better. Flexeril also makes me so drowsy that I can only take it at bedtime and then I wake up feeling completely hung over. Also, flexeril causes me stomach cramps and diarrhea. It definitely didn't work for my headaches and the side effects were ridiculous so I quit taking it."

disappointed patient July 18, 2014

"I had a terrible migraine and took 1/2 of a 5mg. It worked great. Yes, it knocked me out for about 12hrs but that was a small price to pay in order to get rid of the pain. It just works different for people. My boyfriend takes a 10mg for back spasms and he can barely tell he took one. He is a little under 200 lbs and I'm about 140lbs. I do not take this medication on a regular basis. Maybe twice a month if that."

Indianagirl73 January 2, 2014

"Works great for occasional migraines but will knock you out cold for at least 12-18hrs, would not recommend as first line treatment but its great if you can't take a triptan due to interaction with SSRIs ."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 21, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "I don't know if I need a higher dosage or what, but it doesn't help me very well."

crimsonbelle70 January 14, 2012

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): "Amrix is the only muscle relaxer that works for me, and I tried a lot. I also take Topamax and get Botox injections for my migraines. I'm on a low dose antidepressant also. This treatment seems to work for me. I went from 20 migraines a month down to about 5."

Anonymous December 28, 2011

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Has done a great job at preventing full blown migranes from interrupting my life when I used to get multiple migranes a week."

Anonymous November 12, 2011

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): "The only medicine that keeps my migraines manageable. I take it along with Topiramate and a beta blocker, atenolol as well as the when required medicines for when one strikes (Naprelan, and either Frova or Axert or Sumavel injection)."

Babypie September 15, 2011

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "From the first warning sign or pain it takes less then 20 minutes to take the migraine away."

Anonymous July 5, 2011

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "I was first prescribed Flexeril in 1994 and have been in love with it ever since. I suffer from recurring migraines and bad sinus headaches. My doctor at the time tried many different remedies, but the combination of 10mg of Flexeril along with 500mg of Naproxen has been a "100%" effective result since I first took it. I only take it when I am at home though because the Flexeril makes me very sleepy. FYI: body size doesn't matter to this little pill as I'm 6'4", 230lbs!"

Anonymous April 20, 2010

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): "Did not work well for me."

Linkme March 6, 2010

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "I have used Flexeril for back pain but took one the other night because I had a migraine and couldn't sleep. I've never had relief from any migraine so I was amazed when after about 2 1/2 hours I got out of bed and felt OK to move around. After another hour or two I was feeling drowsy so ended up going to bed but I was happy to discover that Flexeril helped my migraine. It does make me VERY sleepy so I only take it when I don't have much to do the next day. I usually feel lethargic the day after."

coconnor February 14, 2010

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "Did not work well for me."

sgarrison February 10, 2010

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine): "Did not work well for me."

sgarrison February 10, 2010

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "I have had migraines for the last 10 or so years, as well as insomnia. Flexeril has done wonders to alleviate both of these issues."

lizzie74 January 14, 2010

"This works well, but if I take 2 at a time, I pass out and can not be woken up easily for the next 12 hours."

Anonymous December 30, 2009

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "This medicine is awesome for migraines and lower back pain"

the surge April 1, 2009

"I think this is a decent muscle relaxer that works well to calm one's nervous system down when in high stress. Also works good to help slow pain and aches."

pillzie February 14, 2009

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "I am an 18 year old female who has only been taking this for about a month. I've had migraines for about 4 years and have been prescribed every kind of beta and calcium blocker you can think of. Right now, I'm taking this along with Tiazac and it seems to be the best combination for me so far. I no longer wake up with pounding headaches, nor get limb weakness or spots. My only complaint is that it takes a few hours to start working, and then it does so full force. I would say to definitely take this before bedtime, and don't plan on doing anything until you get a good rest."

Anonymous November 4, 2008

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "I agree that Flexeril is helpful because it helps me relax enough to sleep when I have a severe migraine. I can only take it at home at night though because it makes me tired."

NO PAIN October 11, 2008

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "I get aura's without the headache (as well as the headache separately) which consisted of loss of speech, loss of power in my limbs etc and found that Flexeril often helps to prevent the aura's. Not sure why, and it isn't as effective any more, but to begin with as soon as I stopped taking it the symptoms would come back. After a year, I was able to stop taking it and the auras stayed away. Unfortunately, after 10 years they have come back and Flexeril doesnt seem as effective against them."

Anonymous July 8, 2008

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine): "I have Flexeril prescribed to me because I suffer from migraines. I'm 17, have been getting migraines for about 9 years and have been on flexeril for about 2 years. I only take it occasionally when I get a bad migraine and need sleep to help with the pain. Although it's not usually prescribed for headaches or migraines, it helps reduce the pain lots and helps me sleep while I have a bad migraine."

Anonymous July 1, 2008