User Reviews for Acthar

Learn more about Acthar.

Reviews for Acthar to treat Multiple Sclerosis

Review by kilkennyblue: User Rating:

I am allergic to steroids and we used this once in my first flare up after a year of relapse. The initial results were great, but the episode returned in less than two weeks after the treatment ended. Worse side effect was a huge increase in blood sugar. The cost of the medication is outrageous even with great insurance.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 25, 2013 7:18 PM
Review by Christin in CO: User Rating:

I've used this twice for a flare up as it was thought that I was allergic to steroids. This medication is a gel, injected. Its about a 2 week course (2 vials) and slowly stimulates your own steroids production to help with flare ups. My own experience is that I felt very ill during the first week, as steroid production amps up, you get the typical steroid feelings. it is very expensive, but my insurance paid for this.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 23, 2012 3:41 PM

Learn more about Multiple Sclerosis

Learn how medication, diet, and exercise are key to managing Multiple Sclerosis. Click Here