User Reviews for Copper

Copper review summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 196 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Copper to treat Birth Control

Review by GeorgiaMom12345123: User Rating:

copper: My experience with Paragard is short, and anything but sweet. I had it put in on Wednesday, I'm having it removed Monday. Having it put in was painful, the cramps following insertion have been awful, and the dizziness is insane. I know this is gross, but the bleeding and the discharge that's reminiscent of passing a mucous plug during pregnancy is horrible. I have had Mirena and everything was ok with it, but I'm just not going to put myself through this unnecessary pain and misery... that's my experience and my opinion.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 2, 2014 9:51 PM
Review by Anon19648000 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

copper: I have had a Paragard IUD for 3 years and have had constant BV and odor. I have been treated several times with oral antibiotics and gels. I have bad cramps during my cycle and heavy periods. I also have cramping and bleeding between periods and feel bloated most of the time. I am getting it removed this week.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 28, 2013 3:32 PM
Review by I can rely on my Paragard: User Rating:

copper: When I took the pill, I had a hard time remembering to take it everyday at the same time. With Paragard I don't even have to worry about it. I also love that it is good for 10 years and it is hormone free. It was uncomfortable to have it inserted but that only lasts for a second. I do get cramps before, during, and after my period but I know that is not the case for everybody. For me, the peace of mind is worth the trade off for the cramps. Overall I would recommend this to anyone who has already had a child and needs a reliable form of birth control.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 28, 2013 11:31 AM
Review by MerryHappy: User Rating:

copper: I did not get pregnant. But I can no longer work out, as even simple mat work gives me horrible cramps. I also have 2 week periods now, and bleed the week I ovulate. My NP says everything looks fine, no infections or problems, but I'm getting it removed. It's been 6 months and hasn't gotten any better. My periods have only gotten longer.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 17, 2013 3:54 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

copper: I've had my Paragard for over a year. I chose Paragard because I can't use hormonal birth control. I've never had children or been pregnant. The insertion was painful, but not that bad. I'd rank it as a 5/10 on the pain scale. The cramps following insertion were awful, I'd rank them as a 7/10. Those lasted about 24 hours. The entire first month I had almost constant cramps. Over the counter pain killers wouldn't even TOUCH the pain. The first period after insertion was really hard. The cramps were so bad. After the first period ended things were almost normal. I still get much more painful crampy periods, but that is diminishing. My cervix is still sensitive and can hurt during sex. Discharge during ovulation is normal. Increased sex drive.

June 18, 2012 7:02 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

copper: I was very scared to get this inserted but knew this was my only option because it had no hormones in it. My doctor was very patient and didn't rush anything, she got it in and I didn't feel any pain or discomfort during the process. After it was complete I did have some cramping in my abdomen and got the dizzy spells. Ibuprofen took care of the cramping and as for the dizzy spells, that lasted about 4-5 hours. The next day I has some mild cramping again but the ibuprofen took care of that again, and I didn't get dizzy. I am going on my 2nd week and the only thing that I have experienced is spotting and some gooey discharge every now and then (I don't know if this is normal, but I got to check into this). Other than this I am satisfied so far.

May 21, 2012 4:25 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

copper: Getting Paragard inserted was uncomforable. It did not cause me to have heavier periods or make my cramps worse. When me and my husband decided to try for a baby it took us 4 months. I will be getting it again after the birth of our daughter.

March 31, 2012 8:29 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

copper: Paragard caused a little discomfort when it was first put in, but about 2 days after it was put in I was back to doing the normal things I do. I like it because I can still have my period which is like taking a pregnancy test monthly! I also have the option to take it out whenever I want and try to get pregnant, which is good being a military wife.

November 17, 2011 10:31 AM