User Reviews for Premarin

Learn more about Premarin.

Premarin review summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 234 medications used in the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms.

Reviews for Premarin to treat Postmenopausal Symptoms

Review by blonddraider (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Complete Hysterectomy: I was on Premarin started about 6 weeks after hysterectomy because I couldn't handle the restless leg syndrome and having to move all the time. I was put on 0.625 mg was on it from 2007 until 8 months ago. 5 weeks after doc took me off, my whole body and life went to double hockey sticks!! Anxiety, Severe! OCD crazy uncontrollable, and panic disorder through the roof. I am on Celexa 20mg daily and 1.75 mg broken into 6 doses. It works, but I don't understand it just doesn't work the same, I never had such bad OCD, anxiety, or panic like this while on and I want it back! I am gonna go get mamo if it comes back clean I'm going back on premarin! Will my life go back to normal? Will I feel like me again, and want to enjoy life? I have two appointments

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 21, 2014 11:12 PM

Review by sandyfl2 (taken for less than 1 month):

I have just started taking Premarin and I must say, the night sweats are gone along with the irritability. I have so much more energy then I know what to do with and my libido is back!

July 25, 2012 6:29 PM

No side effects at all after taking for many years. Now not freely available at my current location.

January 18, 2012 12:23 PM

I had surgery in 1995 and the other half in 2004. I have been taking Premarin since then. I am now going through a divorce. Because of depression, I stopped taking my medicines. NEVER AGAIN. The past two months have been hell without my Premarin. Not sleeping because of night sweats, hot flashes all day and just feeling like I have no energy. I have started back for 6 days now and can already feel the difference. I will never stop taking Premarin again.

July 5, 2011 11:03 AM

Use after several years resulted in significant hair loss; had to discontinue due to this uncommon side effect.

February 4, 2011 7:24 PM

Review by Bozzo123:

I had a hysterectomy in 1998. I had a horrible 2 years prior with night sweats, mood swings,(huge swings), irritability, then after my hysterectomy, I started taking Premarin 1.25. Have been on it ever since. For me, it is a life time therapy, that quite honestly I cannot be without. I forgot to take them once for 2 weeks, I went into such a rage, and cried, until I realized I had forgotten to get it filled. NEVER AGAIN. In my 50's my hot flashes no longer exist, my mood is even most of the time, and I enjoy the physical side of a relationship, more than I did when I was younger.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 6, 2010 8:38 AM

Review by curleysue:

I had a hysterectomy in 1998 and was on Premarin 0.0625 for many years then Doctor decided not good to prescribe anymore. I was so very miserable! If have to live like that -don't want to. It was terrible. No doctor knows your body like you do! And just for the record, one of my sisters is 73 yrs old aznd still has terrible hot flashes! Sometimes it looks as if she just stepped out of the shower! My mother was the same way! I am not willing to live like that! There are pro's and con's on everything!

September 19, 2009 10:10 AM

Review by Stacy365:

This med saved my life. I was having a hard time dealing with all the side effects from my menopause.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2008 11:20 PM