User Reviews for Welchol

Learn more about Welchol.

Reviews for Welchol to treat Hyperlipoproteinemia Type IIa, Elevated LDL

Review by NittanyLion:

My Cardio. wants my LDL lower than the 88 it is now, because of my having a bypass surgery in 1999, he wants it below 70. After about a week of taking 4- 625 mg pills per day I have noticed a change in bowl movement. I used to go once at breakfast, then about an hour later had another Bowel Motion, but more violent and loose. Would stay in the restaurant until 2nd Bowel Motion most of the time, or make sure I was close to one of my usual emergency rest stops--Dr. office, gas station, Port-John or rest room at the mall when doing post breakfast walk. Now, if this works on my A1c (now 7.5) and lowers LDL, without extreme side effects, I will be very happy. After this short period of time I'm feeling pretty safe about not being caught unprepared.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2014 1:17 PM

Review by curtistx:

Only been taking it for about a month for high cholesterol. I have problems with the statins. So far, Welchol has been pretty low on the side effects. I have only noticed some minor constipation if I do not take enough liquids.

December 28, 2009 3:24 PM

I have been using Welchol for several years since I cannot take statins. I have had no problem with memory loss. The ONLY side effect I have suffered is occasional constipation that is easily relieved with adequate fluid intake and fiber supplements. It, in conjunction with my dietary changes, is keeping my cholesterol down adequately .

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2008 6:10 PM

I have been on Welchol for over a year but it is being used to treat the side effects of my not having a gallbladder. I only take an average of 1 per day but my memory doesn't seem any worse than it ever was.

July 8, 2008 8:48 PM

Review by marga50:

I have been on Welchol for 6 month. Has anybody complained of Memory loss?

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2007 12:29 PM