User Reviews for Colcrys

Learn more about Colcrys.

Gout, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 2 medications

Familial Mediterranean Fever 1 reviews 1 medications

9.5
Gout, Acute 14 reviews 82 medications

8.1
Summary of Colcrys reviews 15 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Colcrys

Review by kcjh216:

For Gout, Acute: I like to say Colcrys 0.6 is THE BEST. I got the prescription barely yesterday and just about 8 hrs later I was without pain on my ankles and my burning disappeared, I was able to sleep. After being unable to sleep for 3 consecutive days. Thanks to this wonderful medication I was able to sleep last night and able to workout. As for side effects only soft stools but nothing extreme. DEFINITELY I RATHER DEAL WITH SOFT STOOL THAN DEALING WITH ALL THAT BURNING AND PAIN ON MY FEET! I truly regret not taking this medicine since 6 yrs ago. I just did not know I sadly have gout. GLADLY NOW I FOUND COLCRYS.

April 17, 2014 1:25 AM

Review by Mcnewg (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gout, Acute: This is my second gout attack I have taken Colcrys with. First was my right wrist and second my right toes. I have gotten along well with 0.6mg taken once a day. Only side effect I have noticed was more solid stools. I noticed pain relief within the first day. I did take a pain pill as well with my toe flare up but swelling did start to go down after first day on Colcrys. It works for me.

February 2, 2014 1:22 PM

Review by Cody21 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Gout, Acute: I get about 2-3 flare ups per year, always in the side of my big toe(s). Dr. prescribed Colcrys 0.6 mg - I honestly don't get any relief that I can tell from this medication. I take 1 every hour for a max of 3 pills over 3 hours ... Seems like the ONLY relief I can get is by flushing my body with tons of water - which can take 3-4 days.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 4, 2013 12:19 PM

Review by Uncle201 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gout, Acute: Urgent care Doc gave me Colcrys and Voltaren for a flare up in my kneee. First flare ever in knee, wow, I thought it was bad in the foot, but it's nothing compared to the knee! The doctor gave me a 3 day supply, buy the end of day 1 I was at least 75% better, by the end of day two no pain. This worked wonders for me, good luck to you.

September 11, 2013 2:31 PM

Review by cheftomass:

For Gout, Acute: Immediate relief. No upset stomach, no numbing of fingers, just sweet relief. I took .06 at onset and .06 eight hours later, pain gone in about 20 hours.

July 7, 2013 11:49 AM

Review by Freak 68 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Gout, Acute: Have been on Uloric for 4 months. Getting flare ups in knee (which Doc says will go away in another month or so). Colcrys has terrible side effects but gets the job done on the pain immediately. Is a trade off I have to make for a while.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 5, 2013 6:11 PM

Review by Vampyr:

For Gout, Acute: after two days of severe pain and visit to doctor, blood work and x-ray came up with problem. never had any type of gout/arthritis related problem before. crystals were found on my wrist. after two days of taking colcrys, Wrist is still stiff and hurting but pain is bearable.

May 25, 2013 8:20 PM

Review by gyro (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gout, Acute: This medication worked for my first acute gout flare, although I was prescribed a low dose 0.3 twice a day because of it's toxic property. Later I discovered 1.2 for first dose then 0.6 an hour later then prophylactic use until flare up was under control. The side effects where mainly bowl related. It was probably a good idea to start with a low dose, but did not get relief until I had to start the dose over with 1.2 then 0.6.

November 1, 2012 12:06 AM

Review by rossmurry:

For Gout, Acute: My doctor put me on Indomethacin during a Gout attack. She said that taking Colcrys during a flare up can dislodge uric acid crystals from other parts of the body, which can end up in the affected area, making it worse. After 13 days I am on Colcrys. A little bit of upset stomach, but I will trade it for the pain any day. Manufacturer has printable coupons and voucher to help with the cost. Good luck.

September 8, 2012 5:40 PM

For Familial Mediterranean Fever: Pain and fatigue has been greatly reduced as compared to generic colchicine.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2012 8:28 PM

Review by Danny, Florida:

For Gout, Acute: I have had 2 gout attacks in the last 3 months. For my most recent attack (and the worst I've ever had) I got virtually no relief from using Colcrys. I took the first 2 days of pills, but no improvement. I switched to Indocin, and have had about 50% relief overnight and getting better still. The original colchicine was good and acted quickly, but something is very different about Colcrys. I won't take it again for gout attacks.

December 21, 2011 3:31 PM

Review by apeach_4u2:

For Gout, Acute: Gout is so painful. After first doses of Colcrys had immediate relief. I had fallen on my knee and was being treated for osteoarthritis with no relief. Went to arthritis doctor who told me it was gout in my knee. Went on Colcyrs and I can walk again.

November 13, 2011 1:18 PM

For Gout, Acute: I get several gout attacks a year. Less side effects but also not as fast acting as Colchicine was. Taking more Colcry over several days to obtain relief then when I was taking Colchicine.

October 11, 2011 6:47 PM

Review by saschbacher:

For Gout, Acute: Colcrys, has helped my Gout, but it has also raised my ALT, AST. Plus, I am experiencing burning, itching, numbness in both of my hands. I see my Rheumatologist tomorrow.

July 20, 2011 9:10 AM

For Gout, Acute: Reduced initial pain extremely fast. 3 days later had mildly loose stools, slightly crampy stomach.

December 25, 2009 10:04 AM