User Reviews for Colchicine

Also known as: Colcrys

Learn more about Colchicine.

Pseudogout, Prophylaxis 1 reviews 0 medications

Gout, Acute 17 reviews 81 medications

7.9
Behcet's Disease 1 reviews 1 medications

Amyloidosis 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Aphthous Stomatitis, Recurrent 0 reviews 96 medications Not rated - Be the first
Biliary Cirrhosis 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Sweet's Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Colchicine reviews 24 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Colchicine

Review by kcjh216:

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: I like to say Colcrys 0.6 is THE BEST. I got the prescription barely yesterday and just about 8 hrs later I was without pain on my ankles and my burning disappeared, I was able to sleep. After being unable to sleep for 3 consecutive days. Thanks to this wonderful medication I was able to sleep last night and able to workout. As for side effects only soft stools but nothing extreme. DEFINITELY I RATHER DEAL WITH SOFT STOOL THAN DEALING WITH ALL THAT BURNING AND PAIN ON MY FEET! I truly regret not taking this medicine since 6 yrs ago. I just did not know I sadly have gout. GLADLY NOW I FOUND COLCRYS.

April 17, 2014 1:25 AM

Review by Mcnewg (taken for less than 1 month):

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: This is my second gout attack I have taken Colcrys with. First was my right wrist and second my right toes. I have gotten along well with 0.6mg taken once a day. Only side effect I have noticed was more solid stools. I noticed pain relief within the first day. I did take a pain pill as well with my toe flare up but swelling did start to go down after first day on Colcrys. It works for me.

February 2, 2014 1:22 PM

Review by Cody21 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: I get about 2-3 flare ups per year, always in the side of my big toe(s). Dr. prescribed Colcrys 0.6 mg - I honestly don't get any relief that I can tell from this medication. I take 1 every hour for a max of 3 pills over 3 hours ... Seems like the ONLY relief I can get is by flushing my body with tons of water - which can take 3-4 days.

October 4, 2013 12:19 PM

Review by Uncle201 (taken for less than 1 month):

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: Urgent care Doc gave me Colcrys and Voltaren for a flare up in my kneee. First flare ever in knee, wow, I thought it was bad in the foot, but it's nothing compared to the knee! The doctor gave me a 3 day supply, buy the end of day 1 I was at least 75% better, by the end of day two no pain. This worked wonders for me, good luck to you.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 11, 2013 2:31 PM

Review by cheftomass:

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: Immediate relief. No upset stomach, no numbing of fingers, just sweet relief. I took .06 at onset and .06 eight hours later, pain gone in about 20 hours.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 7, 2013 11:49 AM

Review by Freak 68 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: Have been on Uloric for 4 months. Getting flare ups in knee (which Doc says will go away in another month or so). Colcrys has terrible side effects but gets the job done on the pain immediately. Is a trade off I have to make for a while.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 5, 2013 6:11 PM

Review by Vampyr:

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: after two days of severe pain and visit to doctor, blood work and x-ray came up with problem. never had any type of gout/arthritis related problem before. crystals were found on my wrist. after two days of taking colcrys, Wrist is still stiff and hurting but pain is bearable.

May 25, 2013 8:20 PM

Review by nigeldl:

For Gout, Prophylaxis: had 2 bouts in left big toe. Second one was so bad couldn't use clutch in car or change geers on bike. On a bad day I considered a chisel and malet but about a week after starting colchicine I woke to find pain reduced by 50% and within about 3 weeks 95% so well pleased and no apparent symptoms.

March 5, 2013 3:07 PM

Review by gyro (taken for less than 1 month):

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: This medication worked for my first acute gout flare, although I was prescribed a low dose 0.3 twice a day because of it's toxic property. Later I discovered 1.2 for first dose then 0.6 an hour later then prophylactic use until flare up was under control. The side effects where mainly bowl related. It was probably a good idea to start with a low dose, but did not get relief until I had to start the dose over with 1.2 then 0.6.

November 1, 2012 12:06 AM

Review by rossmurry:

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: My doctor put me on Indomethacin during a Gout attack. She said that taking Colcrys during a flare up can dislodge uric acid crystals from other parts of the body, which can end up in the affected area, making it worse. After 13 days I am on Colcrys. A little bit of upset stomach, but I will trade it for the pain any day. Manufacturer has printable coupons and voucher to help with the cost. Good luck.

September 8, 2012 5:40 PM

Review by dj havin' fun (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Gout, Acute: I have had gout attacks in both knees, elbows, wrists, big toes, thumbs. One of my doctors put me on 0.6 mg of colchicine daily and that worked to control the gout. Now the doctor that took over for her said I can't be on daily, and now I have had gout in my right thumb and then my left thumb in 3 weeks since I quit the daily dose.

June 25, 2012 10:43 AM

Colcrys (colchicine) for Familial Mediterranean Fever: Pain and fatigue has been greatly reduced as compared to generic colchicine.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2012 8:28 PM

For Pseudogout, Prophylaxis: Had excruciating leg and knee pain for weeks until finally diagnosed as pseudo-gout. Colchicine did wonders and now virtually pain free. Now the bad news. Three doctors have said it will no longer be made available.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2012 3:53 PM

For Familial Mediterranean Fever: No attacks while on this medication.

December 27, 2011 2:48 AM

Review by Danny, Florida:

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: I have had 2 gout attacks in the last 3 months. For my most recent attack (and the worst I've ever had) I got virtually no relief from using Colcrys. I took the first 2 days of pills, but no improvement. I switched to Indocin, and have had about 50% relief overnight and getting better still. The original colchicine was good and acted quickly, but something is very different about Colcrys. I won't take it again for gout attacks.

December 21, 2011 3:31 PM

Review by apeach_4u2:

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: Gout is so painful. After first doses of Colcrys had immediate relief. I had fallen on my knee and was being treated for osteoarthritis with no relief. Went to arthritis doctor who told me it was gout in my knee. Went on Colcyrs and I can walk again.

November 13, 2011 1:18 PM

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: I get several gout attacks a year. Less side effects but also not as fast acting as Colchicine was. Taking more Colcry over several days to obtain relief then when I was taking Colchicine.

October 11, 2011 6:47 PM

Review by saschbacher:

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: Colcrys, has helped my Gout, but it has also raised my ALT, AST. Plus, I am experiencing burning, itching, numbness in both of my hands. I see my Rheumatologist tomorrow.

July 20, 2011 9:10 AM

For Gout, Prophylaxis: This is a great drug for gout flareups. The problem is that the cost went from 5 cents per pill to $5. 50 per pill

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2011 11:37 AM

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: Reduced initial pain extremely fast. 3 days later had mildly loose stools, slightly crampy stomach.

December 25, 2009 10:04 AM

Review by il gottoso:

For Gout, Acute: I am subject to relatively frequent gout flare up, every 2-3 months or so. At the first symptoms I take one 0.5 mg of colchicine every three hours and most of the time after 2-3 pills the pain is gone. I also take 1-2 pills of imodium to avoid the diarrhea.It works fine for me

November 4, 2009 5:35 PM

For Behcet's Disease: Been using colchicine for over 20 years. No noticeable side effects but do get my bloods checked annually. Only problem was when returned to using it after a two year break. Some diarrhea at first but this stopped after a few weeks once body built up tolerance to drug.

June 26, 2009 4:18 PM

Review by trv:

For Gout, Acute: This is a useful drug but care must be taken not to take too much when trying to get relief.The maximum start-up dose is usually greater than that needed to create problems in sensitive individuals - or if taken with another (incompatible) drug. I took 6 x 0.5 mg tablets for 2 days recently for an attack of left toe gout whilst starting on Simvastatin (for blood lipid lowering) and ended up with severe diarrhea (without any stomach pain). This knocked back the gout attack also, but cessation of therapy allowed it back with a vengeance and two very bad nights followed. I have cleared the statin after 2 days - so will start low dose Colchicine again if needed tonight- but keeping to 1-2mg max dose in future.

June 7, 2009 11:07 AM

Review by Foogaman:

For Gout, Prophylaxis: Unusual medication, but works fast and effectively, totally removing gout symptoms.

September 28, 2008 5:08 PM