User Reviews for Colchicine

Also known as: Colcrys, Mitigare

Learn more about Colchicine.

Pseudogout, Prophylaxis 1 reviews 0 medications

Gout, Acute 21 reviews 82 medications

8.2
Behcet's Disease 1 reviews 1 medications

Amyloidosis 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Aphthous Stomatitis, Recurrent 0 reviews 96 medications Not rated - Be the first
Biliary Cirrhosis 0 reviews 4 medications Not rated - Be the first
Constipation, Chronic 0 reviews 29 medications Not rated - Be the first
Fibromatosis 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Linear IgA Disease 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Sarcoidosis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Sweet's Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Colchicine reviews 28 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Colchicine

For Gout, Acute: "doc gave me Rx for 0.6mg 2 x daily. to start i took 2 pills and then 1 more after an hour the first day, then just 2 pills daily for the next few days until pain and inflammation is gone. this was also Rx'ed with indomethacin - 50mg 3 x daily (along with a drug to coat the stomach 1 x daily) I would say my pain after only a few hours subsided from a 8 to a 4 and the next morning was at 2. that is where i am right now. i will try an update in a few days . . ."

derks February 26, 2015

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "I had a severe gout attack on my left wrist the pain was so bad I thought I was going to pass out. My Dr. prescribed Colcrys 0.6 mg 3 times a day. By the time I took the 2nd pill the swelling started to go down and I had enough mobility to perform my job, operating a train."

mozak (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "I've had about 4 to 6 gout attacks over the past year, and I'm 31 yrs old. Overall healthy, just like to have way to much fun, and eat real good too. That being said, the gout attack I'm suffering with now was a Beast Mode of an attack to my ankle, and it's lasted for nearly week. At first, doctor gave me prednisone (steroid pack), that did absolutely nothing to help. Got a shot of cortisone in my back side, which didn't help either, since the gout is in my ankle. (in past, direct cortisone shot to affected area would do wonders!) So, I call the doctor's office after my pain has not gone down, and if anything its gone up! Doctor gives me Colcrys..says.."SD affect diarrhea" not on 1st day/2nd day for me...but it's a miracle medicine, Pain free."

KO1983 (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "I used to get gout in the past. Mainly in my big toe, occasionally severe - meaning I could not sleep, or walk. Basically - when it was at its worse - it was a living hell. I was prescribed a preventative (probenecid?), along with pain meds. Then I was given Colchicine. The way I was prescribed it was unusual - I was told to take a pill every hour until I became sick! Well, about 6 hours and six pills later - I slowly became ill, had the runs, was throwing up - felt like I had the flu. But, after all that nastiness passed, amazingly the pain in my toe was gone! It seemed to have been flushed from my system. My toe was still red and itchy, but the pain was gone. It was amazing! Ultimately, the side-effects were surely worth the relief!"

Stirgy (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2014

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "I like to say Colcrys 0.6 is THE BEST. I got the prescription barely yesterday and just about 8 hrs later I was without pain on my ankles and my burning disappeared, I was able to sleep. After being unable to sleep for 3 consecutive days. Thanks to this wonderful medication I was able to sleep last night and able to workout. As for side effects only soft stools but nothing extreme. DEFINITELY I RATHER DEAL WITH SOFT STOOL THAN DEALING WITH ALL THAT BURNING AND PAIN ON MY FEET! I truly regret not taking this medicine since 6 yrs ago. I just did not know I sadly have gout. GLADLY NOW I FOUND COLCRYS."

kcjh216 April 17, 2014

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "This is my second gout attack I have taken Colcrys with. First was my right wrist and second my right toes. I have gotten along well with 0.6mg taken once a day. Only side effect I have noticed was more solid stools. I noticed pain relief within the first day. I did take a pain pill as well with my toe flare up but swelling did start to go down after first day on Colcrys. It works for me."

Mcnewg (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2014

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "I get about 2-3 flare ups per year, always in the side of my big toe(s). Dr. prescribed Colcrys 0.6 mg - I honestly don't get any relief that I can tell from this medication. I take 1 every hour for a max of 3 pills over 3 hours ... Seems like the ONLY relief I can get is by flushing my body with tons of water - which can take 3-4 days."

Cody21 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 4, 2013

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "Urgent care Doc gave me Colcrys and Voltaren for a flare up in my kneee. First flare ever in knee, wow, I thought it was bad in the foot, but it's nothing compared to the knee! The doctor gave me a 3 day supply, buy the end of day 1 I was at least 75% better, by the end of day two no pain. This worked wonders for me, good luck to you."

Uncle201 (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2013

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "Immediate relief. No upset stomach, no numbing of fingers, just sweet relief. I took .06 at onset and .06 eight hours later, pain gone in about 20 hours. "

cheftomass July 7, 2013

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "Have been on Uloric for 4 months. Getting flare ups in knee (which Doc says will go away in another month or so). Colcrys has terrible side effects but gets the job done on the pain immediately. Is a trade off I have to make for a while."

Freak 68 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2013

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "after two days of severe pain and visit to doctor, blood work and x-ray came up with problem. never had any type of gout/arthritis related problem before. crystals were found on my wrist. after two days of taking colcrys, Wrist is still stiff and hurting but pain is bearable."

Vampyr May 25, 2013

For Gout, Prophylaxis: "had 2 bouts in left big toe. Second one was so bad couldn't use clutch in car or change geers on bike. On a bad day I considered a chisel and malet but about a week after starting colchicine I woke to find pain reduced by 50% and within about 3 weeks 95% so well pleased and no apparent symptoms."

nigeldl March 5, 2013

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "This medication worked for my first acute gout flare, although I was prescribed a low dose 0.3 twice a day because of it's toxic property. Later I discovered 1.2 for first dose then 0.6 an hour later then prophylactic use until flare up was under control. The side effects where mainly bowl related. It was probably a good idea to start with a low dose, but did not get relief until I had to start the dose over with 1.2 then 0.6."

gyro (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2012

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "My doctor put me on Indomethacin during a Gout attack. She said that taking Colcrys during a flare up can dislodge uric acid crystals from other parts of the body, which can end up in the affected area, making it worse. After 13 days I am on Colcrys. A little bit of upset stomach, but I will trade it for the pain any day. Manufacturer has printable coupons and voucher to help with the cost. Good luck."

rossmurry September 8, 2012

For Gout, Acute: "I have had gout attacks in both knees, elbows, wrists, big toes, thumbs. One of my doctors put me on 0.6 mg of colchicine daily and that worked to control the gout. Now the doctor that took over for her said I can't be on daily, and now I have had gout in my right thumb and then my left thumb in 3 weeks since I quit the daily dose."

dj havin' fun (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 25, 2012

Colcrys (colchicine) for Familial Mediterranean Fever: "Pain and fatigue has been greatly reduced as compared to generic colchicine."

Anonymous March 20, 2012

For Pseudogout, Prophylaxis: "Had excruciating leg and knee pain for weeks until finally diagnosed as pseudo-gout. Colchicine did wonders and now virtually pain free. Now the bad news. Three doctors have said it will no longer be made available. "

Anonymous January 5, 2012

For Familial Mediterranean Fever: "No attacks while on this medication. "

Anonymous December 27, 2011

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "I have had 2 gout attacks in the last 3 months. For my most recent attack (and the worst I've ever had) I got virtually no relief from using Colcrys. I took the first 2 days of pills, but no improvement. I switched to Indocin, and have had about 50% relief overnight and getting better still. The original colchicine was good and acted quickly, but something is very different about Colcrys. I won't take it again for gout attacks."

Danny, Florida December 21, 2011

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "Gout is so painful. After first doses of Colcrys had immediate relief. I had fallen on my knee and was being treated for osteoarthritis with no relief. Went to arthritis doctor who told me it was gout in my knee. Went on Colcyrs and I can walk again."

apeach_4u2 November 13, 2011

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "I get several gout attacks a year. Less side effects but also not as fast acting as Colchicine was. Taking more Colcry over several days to obtain relief then when I was taking Colchicine."

Anonymous October 11, 2011

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "Colcrys, has helped my Gout, but it has also raised my ALT, AST. Plus, I am experiencing burning, itching, numbness in both of my hands. I see my Rheumatologist tomorrow."

saschbacher July 20, 2011

For Gout, Prophylaxis: "This is a great drug for gout flareups. The problem is that the cost went from 5 cents per pill to $5. 50 per pill"

Anonymous March 15, 2011

Colcrys (colchicine) for Gout, Acute: "Reduced initial pain extremely fast. 3 days later had mildly loose stools, slightly crampy stomach."

Anonymous December 25, 2009

For Gout, Acute: "I am subject to relatively frequent gout flare up, every 2-3 months or so. At the first symptoms I take one 0.5 mg of colchicine every three hours and most of the time after 2-3 pills the pain is gone. I also take 1-2 pills of imodium to avoid the diarrhea.It works fine for me"

il gottoso November 4, 2009