User Reviews for Cheratussin AC

Learn more about Cheratussin AC.

Cheratussin AC Review Summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 947 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Cheratussin AC to treat Cough

"Was prescribed this med for cough and it did absolutely nothing except made my head hurt horribly bad and my throat tickle, which made the cough worse. "

Stillcoughing (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2014

"Like clockwork my allergy to Mountain Cedar starts around late October. Congestion, cough but no fever. My doctor prescribes Cheratussin syrup and it works great. I also take Mucinex DM with this and it stops the congestion and cough after about an hour. I couldn't make it without this."

John P. November 7, 2014

"My 8yr old Daughter had pneumonia, diagnosed 6 days ago along with her Z-pack antibiotics. Cheratussin AC, not only quieted her cough when it was hurting, but helped to expel the congestion. No bad side effects, but hated the bitter taste."

Baya (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2014

"Been coughing for 3 weeks and this helped a lot. I am taking all sorts of over the counter pills, gels, capsules, hot water, cold water mixes with multiple active ingredients and Cheratussin AC syrup gave me better relief than anything else. I still couldn't sleep through the night and ended up taking middle of the night doses with the other things as it took over 4 weeks to get over my flu. When I was younger I got a codeine cough syrup and it didn't help but this time this did."

Anonymous November 23, 2012

"I had a cold and bad cough for two weeks before I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with bronchitis. This has been amazing! It's bringing up the mucus that the OTC medicines wasn't and the cough is very minimal now. I take the dose on the lower end of the range prescribed and it's doing the job. So glad I finally caved and went to the doctor."

Feeling Great Now (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2012

"Taking the liquid form Cherritussin helped my cough very much. It was a great sleep aid when sick, but should not be over used. Also I would add DO NOT TAKE THIS AND THEN DRINK COFFEE! I didn't realize that the stimulant of caffeine mixed with it would bother me. Also check to see if pseudoephedrine is mixed in any way with your codeine as this is also a stimulant and worsens the situation."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2012

"I had a bad cold a year or so ago, and my throat was killing me from coughing. My doctor prescribed this stuff and it made everything manageable. I was still sick, don't get me wrong, but I didn't really feel sick. At first I was worried because it made me feel different and weird, but I realized that it was just relaxing me so I could get some rest. It worked great."

Bobblehead Fred April 11, 2012

"Cough kept getting worse at night so doctor had me start this medicine and I stopped the Tylenol cough and cold. First night I was up at 4 am with dry throat, dry eyes and a bloody nose. Took another dose with water and it took almost an hour to kick in. Second night I didn't seem to help at all, kept coughing and was probably worst night of all. Waited for dose to wear off then went back to Tylenol for a good night sleep."

Anonymous January 28, 2012

"Had a cough for close to a year. I thought it was from congestive heart failure. Had been using Mucenix DM for the thick phlegm. It helped some but not enough. Then I got a cold and my cough and phlegm got much worse. My family insisted I see a doctor. The doctor prescribed this, what a relief it has been. Getting much phelgm out and cough is almost gone after 4 days on the syrup! Has been an answer to prayer so far! I had been battling this cough for a year and it took so much out of me. Amazing to have it helped so much!"

biore January 14, 2012

"I have been taking this medicine for a week and I am still coughing. I am finally getting some sleep but is still waking up with coughing fits. I have not had any side effects but I can't say this medicine works."

ctrapane January 7, 2012

"I took this medicine for coughing at night and had a very negative reaction to it. I seemed to have all of the classic signs of a heart attack - pain in the chest and back - it felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest. Heart rate went down very low and blood pressure was low and then high. "

Anonymous November 19, 2011

"I have bronchitis and was prescribed Cheratussin AC for chest congestion and cough. It might be helping a little with the cough, but it is not bringing up the phlegm. "

Anonymous June 21, 2011

"Helped a lot. My cough was horrible and this helped me through the nights. I would recommend this."

Anonymous June 9, 2011

"I took this for a cough I was having in conjunction with a sore throat. Every time I coughed it just made my throat feel terrible. It did nothing for my cough at all, and it kept me up all night. The medicine and the cough, combined, made me lay awake. The codeine just didn't seem to knock me out. I had better luck with Theraflu Warming."

brittysaywhat January 3, 2011

"Knocked the cough but I still have the cold."

coughing my head off July 9, 2010

"I had been coughing for several nights in a row, waking up about 3 times a night and, of course, having trouble going back to sleep because of the cough. I also had the nasal congestion game going on (i.e., sleep on your left side and the left side of your nose plugs up, roll over, and the right side plugs up). I hate that game. I had some Cheratussin AC from last year and I read the bottle. It hadn't expired yet, one month left. I took the higher recommended dose (it had two dosages on it, a low and a high). I went back to bed and slept the entire night through. This stuff worked great for me and I would recommend it. I did wake up with a little bit of a headache, but it wore off after coffee and 15 minutes."

whatzerface March 16, 2010

"My daughter and son were both prescribed this and it didn't work for either of them. In fact, they both complained that it gave them a bad headache about an hour after taking it and they are both still coughing all night long. Our pediatrician said this was just as good as Tussionex but much cheaper. I'd rather pay $40 co-pay for the Tussionex since I know it works. No relief for me or my children."

Anonymous January 26, 2010

"I was prescribed this for a sore throat and mild cough after I found out I had Mono, and Walking Pneumonia. It didn't do a THING! I couldn't feel it at all, and it made my throat itch as it went down. Plus it's so icky tasting."

Anonymous January 24, 2010

"This did little for my cough - still waking up in the middle of the night with coughing fits. Even when I take another dose at night, it doesn't help. In fact, I've now woken up every night while I've been taking this so will stop."

Anonymous January 20, 2010

"I had a severe cough and was prescribed this medicine. Not only did it not work on my cough, but it kept me up at night feeling jittery. "

kiyah November 11, 2009

"Do not drink alcohol when taking this medicine!"

Anonymous August 22, 2009

"I was using Mucinex DM and just wasn't doing the trick for me. I wasn't sleeping at night. So got this and I am slowing getting back to sleeping without being interrupted with coughing."

nattiev March 30, 2009