User Reviews for Cobicistat/elvitegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir

Also known as: Stribild

Learn more about Cobicistat/elvitegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir.

Cobicistat/elvitegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir review summary

9.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 57 medications used in the treatment of HIV Infection.

Reviews for Cobicistat/elvitegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir to treat HIV Infection

Review by Here and There: User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): I'm back to report my findings. After a month on Stribild, my physician just called. I have less than 20 copies per ML of blood, which means I'm clinically undetectable. This medicine has very few side effects, if any, is easy on my body and is effective at knocking down the viral load in a very short period of time. Now instead of worrying about an AIDS related illness, I can plan for the future. Get tested, get treated and stay healthy.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 3, 2014 10:53 AM
Review by Aaron van Croo (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): Tested positive via rapid blood test Feb 1 2014. Confirmatory results of positive (Western blot) on Feb 5 2014. First visit with HIV management doctor Feb 13 2014 resulted in immediate prescription for Stribild; first dose same day. Initial bloodwork (drawn Feb 13/reported Feb 17) showed viral load of 53,000 and CD4 of 741. Follow up bloodwork (drawn Mar 31 2014/reported 2 April) showed viral load as *undetectable* and CD4 of 853. Only possible side effect is a slight variance in dream content/intensity but could be spurious. Gilead Co-Pay Assistance Program in conjunction with my employer group health insurance results in no out-of-pocket expense on my part. Extraordinarily happy with efficacy of Stribild and grateful to Gilead for CAP.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 2, 2014 10:22 PM
Review by My boyfriend and I (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): My boyfriend and I were diagnosed HIV positive January 8th. Boyfriend was near death. His CD4 was 55 and viral load at 666,000. After six weeks his viral load is undetectable and CD4 is now 471! I started Stribild two weeks ago. My CD4 back in January was 576 and viral load at 4624. Just went in for blood work today. Keep you posted. Only side effect is I'm dreaming can be a little intense and I have a very mild headache in the middle of the day. Otherwise, we're doing great!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 13, 2014 10:33 PM
Review by Here and There (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): My viral load at diagnosis (on 1-27-2014) was 15k. My CD4 were hovering at 560. I started Stribild a few days after diagnosis. I am not sure what my viral load or CD4 is at the moment. I will know when I go in for follow up testing at the end of this month. My physician seems to think that Stribild will bring me to an undetectable stage and my T-Cells will raise. As far as side effects, I have not experienced much of any. A slight and I do my slight rash has appeared on my chest. It has not affected my day to day activities at all. I have not experienced the many side effects I've heard about. I will check in with you all and let you know what effect the medicine has on the virus when I get the results.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 2, 2014 1:37 PM
Review by VauxScot (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): I started on Stribilid on 17th Jan 2014, my Viral Load was 150k. After 4 weeks I'm undetectable. I've had little side effects at all. I take the pill at lunch, all seems to be working (really) well so far. I quit drinking to help the meds work best they can and to improve adherence but by the looks of things this regimen is doing well for lots of people which is great to see. Kidney and liver all good too!

February 26, 2014 5:42 PM
Review by RLJS (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): Started Stribild January 2014. CD4 was 900, viral load 16000 at time I started. After 20 days I had bloods done to check how it was working including liver, kidney function tests and bone density test. Results where outstanding. After just 20 days CD4 was 1200 and viral load undetectable. Kidney and liver working normal and bone density normal. I take it in the morning with food. In the first week I suffered very slight side effects, loose stool and slight dizziness within two hours of taking it. Now feel no side effects at all. In fact feel like I have a lot more energy. I recommend this medicine it works really well.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 20, 2014 3:25 AM
Review by jonny1985: User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): This medicine is a gift from God. Not only am I undetectable and T-cells 1000 , but my body fat has dropped 8%, my muscle mass has increased substantially, and I have grown 1 inch. I started at 400 T cells and 100k viral load.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 16, 2014 2:20 PM
Review by Kengi: User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): I've been taking Stribild since August of 2013 when I made the choice to start HIV treatment because I have a negative partner and my T-cells had fallen below 900. I've also wanted to remain proactive about my care and always want to remain well. Stribild was the best choice for me, it did not interfere in any way with my daily outreaches or HIV peer support that I do, nor did it slow me down from my passion for photography and art. There are no side effects that I can speak to and right away my T-cells climbed back to well over 1100 and my viral load was undetectable in just three weeks.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 11, 2014 2:29 PM
Review by Anon11: User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): I have been on Stribild since April 2013 and started with a 57,500 viral load and 328 cd4. Within a month my viral load was down to 25! As of October 2013 the virus is undetectable and my cd4 is up to 585. The only side effect is occasional loose stool but that's it--nothing else! I take the pill every morning with breakfast. It works great!

November 6, 2013 5:54 AM
Review by pleased (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): Started Stribild a week ago. I was very concerned about side effects but have not had any. I am very excited about this one pill regimen.

October 26, 2013 5:02 AM
Review by Peace of mind: User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): I was diagnosed August 3, 2013. I started taking STRIBILD September 1st. 20 days later I had my first blood test and today October 11th I got my results. My viral load went from 69,000 to 196 and my CD4 count went up from 365 to 547...in only 20 says!. This medication is amazing. Most importantly I don't have side effects. In the beginning I was very worried because I thought my life would changed dramatically due to some horrible side effects. However I'm very pleased now. I take STRIBILD once a day at my lunch time and I'm looking forward to continuing living a healthy life.

October 11, 2013 10:56 PM
Review by Guy in Cali: User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): Tested in Dec 2012. Started with a 120,000 Viral Load, 187 CD4 count. Began Meds in Beginning of March 2013. 30 days later APRIL 2013 = 190 Viral Load, 280 CD4. 60 days after that JUNE 2013 = 50 Viral Load, 230 CD4. What I notice: I was also diagnosed with a very active level of CMV 5x above the range (CMV also known as Herpes 1). It gave me problems from blisters in the gums to Acid Reflux. I was put on Acyclovir 800 mg 3x a day and after 2 weeks only 400mg 1x a day. Now I feel very healthy. Key is treating other infections and being careful with sick animals or other people (especially on a low CD4 count).

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 2, 2013 2:33 AM
Review by mark feeling great: User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): Was diagnosed with pneumonia in March 2013 and HIV. Viral load was 16000 and CD4 365. July viral load was 7600 and CD4 735 without meds. Started Stribild August 2013, after 3 weeks I'm undetectable and CD4 765. Very pleased.

September 26, 2013 12:22 PM
Review by KJB1986 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): I've been on STRIBILD for a little over 3 weeks now, and have had NO side effects at all. Haven't gone back to get my blood work done yet, so not sure what my numbers are. But I'm very PLEASED to have no side effects. This is my first HIV treatment, and I was nervous and almost expecting some horrible nasty side effects. Very pleased.

September 19, 2013 5:07 AM
Review by B in TX: User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): I started taking Stribild on August 8th, 2013. When I was diagnosed my viral load was around 160,000 per mL and my CD4 cell count was around 250. I went in for blood work on September 5th, 2013. I went in the next week to get my results and I am so astonished. My viral load is undetectable (less than 20 copies per mL of blood) and my CD4 is around 650. This medicine is not as harsh as I thought it was going to be. It is a very aggressive medicine on the virus but I take it at night with a meal. If there are any side effects I sleep them off. Only twice did I ever wake up feeling nauseous which I was able to fix with Pepto-Bismol.

September 13, 2013 3:59 AM
Review by True North (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): Received test results 8/20/13 and after 8 weeks of medicines undetectable and CD4 at 980, no side effects! In my Canadian Province all HIV medicines including the Quad are 100% covered by the government medical plan at no cost, regardless of income.

August 20, 2013 9:21 PM
Review by Anon99: User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): Was just diagnosed at the beginning of July 2013. Was hospitalized with PCP pneumonia. My initial counts were CD4 8, and Viral Load 600,000. After some antibiotics, my VL dropped to 350,000 before starting treatment. As of my last test, I had only been on treatment for about 10 days. CD4 up to 72 and VL down to 215. No side effects and I'm grateful to have this medication available to me.

August 8, 2013 7:36 PM
Review by Jrzguy (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): Was diagnosed July 2012, went on meds March 2013, VL 57,000, CD4 502. After 2 months became undetectable, now 5 months later I am undetectable and CD4 is up to 950. My body feels better, and I have had much more energy. Only side effects are occasional diarrhea, although I am not sure if that is from the medication. Only hassle is the food requirement, but it is a small inconvenience considering this medicine is saving my life.

August 6, 2013 9:54 PM
Review by TheStynqueOne: User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): I started Stribild on 06/26/13 with a viral load of 272,000 and my CD4 count at 252. Yesterday I had my follow up with my Doctor and got the results from the blood test taken on 07/15/13. After just 20 days my viral load went down to 550 and the CD4 went up to 394. The only side effect I experienced was a mild headache for the first couple of days. I am very happy with the results and feel very grateful to have this medicine available to me.

August 6, 2013 9:25 AM
Review by male with aids: User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): Found out in April of 2013 I had AIDS was hospitalized with PCP. Started out with a CD4 count of 42 viral load of 825,000 then dropped to 179,000 being on antibiotics then just before starting Stribild my CD4 was 94 and a viral load of over 2,2 million. Was on the meds for just one month and my CD4 count is at 494 and a viral load of 1896. I'm so pleased with Stribild no real bad side effects.

July 29, 2013 8:23 AM
Review by markey mark: User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): Fantastic! No side effects and undetectable virus after only a month! Don't delay, treat today!

July 15, 2013 9:28 AM
Review by Bkkguy (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): Just finished my first bottle (30 days) of Stribild. It is my first HIV medicine. Before starting my viral load was almost 500,000 and CD4 around 350. After 30 days (actually less because I had the blood draw a week ago), I just found out today that my viral load is already down to 101 and my CD4 is 450! I've also experienced no side effects, aside from a mild headache in the morning once or twice, which I've attributed to not drinking enough water. I couldn't be happier.

July 12, 2013 1:04 AM
Review by KGP06 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): Began in April with viral over 1 million CD4 was 109. As of May viral load 606 and CD4 is 265. I've got ways to go. No side effects at first but only side effects to complain of now are slight nausea, headache and slight diarrhea.

July 7, 2013 7:54 PM
Review by Zoi: User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): I've taken Stribild for a month now. After 2 weeks labs show that my viral load dropped from 100 000 to 860. Had diarrhea few times, and still have sometimes, but it's ok. My blood pressure raising, last time it was 157, my doctor gave me a prescription for Lisinopril. New labs scheduled for 07.12.13. we'll see!

July 2, 2013 5:42 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): Been on STRIBILD for 2 months. I have had no side effects at all and viral load went from 57,000 to 26 in one month.

June 23, 2013 7:08 PM