User Reviews for Cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir

Also known as: Stribild

Learn more about Cobicistat/elvitegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir.

Cobicistat/elvitegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir Rating Summary

9.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 104 medications used in the treatment of HIV Infection.

Reviews for Cobicistat/elvitegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir to treat HIV Infection

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "I was diagnosed in February 2001 with no symptoms at all. I went for a voluntary test and got the shock of my life. I was classified as a slow progresser for 15 years without treatment. My viral load was 900 in June 2015 and 425 cd4. In December 2015 viral load went up to 2020 and that was the highest its ever been in 16 years and cd4 400. My doctor suggested I start medication as it was never going to come down on its own but will continue going up. That got me scared but didn't want things to get worse and I had to take control,so after nearly 16 years, I started taking stribild on 22/12/15. After 6 weeks I had an undetected viral load. I have had no side effects whatsoever and I'm still undetected and feel happier that i'm in control"

Mushu March 24, 2016

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "Guys Stribild is amazing! My cd4 was 350 and viral load 100k. I started it last week and so far I haven't had any side effects! I feel more energised and happier if anything! It's amazing! Not even a headache or problem sleeping! I'm feeling so happy my body is taking it well! I got blood test duo in a month and I will let you guys know the results! Meanwhile, if you are reading this like me before starting the treatment, get on it you will feel happier and less anxious about it!"

Tacherd (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2016

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "I tested positive on October 4 th 2015. My Viral load was around 300,000 and my CD4 was 85. I was really sick feeling like I had the flu and chronic diarrhea. I went from 125 pounds to 108 in a month. It was very scary. I started on Stribild And Bactrim on October 7 th. I had side effects of nausea and headaches on and off for first 3 weeks but not horrible...... No worse than I was already feeling from HIV. After 30 days I retested and my viral load was down to 800!.... And was feeling much improved. I went back after another 60 days, I had gained back 12 pounds and retested both viral load and CD4. Should have the results back this week. So far this medication has been a god send, and with my insurance and Gilead co pay card.... free!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2016

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "I got diagnosed in Nov of 2014 that I was HIV positive & my viral load was over 500,000 & c 6. I was started on Stribild in March of 2015 & when I went back a month later my blood work showed that my viral load was undetected & c 72. I had only minimal side effects for the first couple of weeks (mild headaches & tingling in fingers/feet) which went away shortly thereafter. I just went in for my checkup & my blood work showed my viral load is less than 20 & c 79. My doctor said this is normal especially if you're under stress but it will improve. I go back to see her in 3 months & will post the results later. I recommend Stribild to anyone that is apprehensive of taking drugs (as I was)."

Df01 January 24, 2016

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "I was diagnosised 2005, went on regime was undetectable with normal CD4 count.My insurance changed in 2009, my doctors had to change my regime to covered HIV medicines.This begun a 4 year battle to get my virus under control. I went into full blown AIDS I was I never contracted an opportunistic infection. However the virus attacked my brain, my xboyfriend/best friend a nurse came to see me (he lived 2 hours away). He talked to numerous physicians, Stribild had just came out. I started to see the doctor he arranged for me to see. My CD4 count was 4, viral load >1 million. I'm totally serious only after one month of being on Stribild I was undetectable with CD4 count 200 . I deal with the nausea cause of it's miraculous effect on my virus."

Treatment issues (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2015

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "I was diagnosed with AIDS in August 2015. My CD4 count was 79 and my viral load was 148,000. I started taking Stribild and after 3 weeks my CD4 count went up to 294 and my viral load was 50. I have had very little side effects. Unbelievable that in just 3 weeks I am pretty much undetectable! I kiss my bottle of Stribild everyday! I appreciate that Gilead has a copay program!"

AlanH (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2015

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "I was tested poz on Oct. 04, 2015. My CD4 was only 124, 12%, and viral load 161,000, I had Shingles in my right ear, technically, I had AIDS. I started Striblid on Oct. 14th. Just after 4 weeks, on Nov. 12th, my CD4 increase to 171, 16%, the most amazing thing is my viral load became undetectable, OMG. This is such an effective medicine. Just 4 weeks I am undetectable. The only side effect I have is nausea but most on the first 2 weeks. Thank Gilead for this medication."

Will-DG November 25, 2015

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "I was infected with HIV approximately 10 years ago. I'm now 62 years old. After watching my CD4 count drop from the first test of 900 to 450 over a 5 year period I decided to start meds. Went on a regime of Truvada/Norvir/Prezista for 3 years. My CD4 climbed to 1200 and I was undetectable but constant diarrhea caused me to switch to Stribild. I remain undetectable, my last four CD4 tests have been over 1500, and the diarrhea is much less frequent, in fact none in the past 6 months. Hope this continues and although costly, I give Stribild a big two thumbs up."

Johnny C (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 21, 2015

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "I started my Stribild therapy in March when my CD4 was 270 and my VL was 80000, and after 3 months I became undetectable!! Just few side effects like nausea but not to much!! I never use other therapy before Stribild and I can't compere it with other meds, so I'm really happy that I'm undetectable and my life is really grate!! Important is continue to do fitness, help your body and your mind!!"

Italy-93 September 28, 2015

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "I tested HIV on 8/11/15 and started taking Stribild on 8/25/15. On 8/25/15 my CD4 Count was 576 and HIV Viral Load was 52992. I took Stribild at night before bed with 16oz of water. In the morning I drank another 16oz bottle of water along with (1)Selenium 200mcq and (1)L-Glutathione 500mg, what I took in the morning. I started working out at the gym 4(x) week faithfully and on 9/25/15 I went to the Dr to get my new blood test results and my CD4 Count was 795 and HIV Viral Load was 28. I was told that I was "UNDETECTABLE," I Thank God for the results. I am on the right track and had NO SIDE EFFECTS"

Thankful! September 27, 2015

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "I was diagnosed in April 2015. My VL was over a million and CD4 was down to 180. I seroconverted for 4 weeks. By the bad luck of timing every time I got to feeling worse I went to urgent care on the weekend. Saw intern after intern with no results and none of them asking the right questions. Finally saw my PCD and ran the viral load test. My dr started me on Stribild the same day. My VL went from over a million down to 700 in the first month and down to 200 two months after that. My CD4 rebounded right away and has remained over 800. 6 months into taking Stribild daily and I'm undetectable. I will say the side affects for the first two weeks were pretty tough. I was nauseous constantly, the awful heart burn. 2 weeks later, all is well!"

TomB15 September 20, 2015

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "Love this med. Switched after 6 years on Atripla and can already feel the depression lifting. Starting to sleep better after a couple of weeks on Stribild, too."

JJN September 17, 2015

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "I was diagnosed February 2013 from my VA doctor, and was to the point of suicide; My wife of 13 yrs at the time stood by me faithfully . I had a CD4 of 550 and a VL of 19,000. Not fully understanding what I had. My Dr. started me on Stribild and 3 months later in MAY 2013 , I had an undetectable VL under 20 copies and CD4 was at 800. Since then my VL has remained undetectable and CD4 remains in the upper 950's, even went to 1040. Thank God for Gilead . I have no side effects whatsoever, and my wife has been HIV-. "

epad June 29, 2015

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "Dignosed 9/5/13!! Boy that was hard. Started on Atipla but after three days with the most horrendous dreams and pains, let alone the fact that I once I awoke I couldn't fall asleep again.I talked to my doctor, she is a sweetheart, changed to Stribild. No side effects. I started with a CD4 of 192 and VL of 78K. At the end of the first three months, my CD4 had climbed over 200 and my VL was less than 20. Currently Cd4 is >300 and have been *undetectable* since Dec' 2013. Worry about its cost...."

Regular Joe... (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2015

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "Hi all, here's my 5 cents worth. Healthy and fit male, 24, Australian. I was infected late February 2015 and diagnosed 11th March. CD4 count at 470 and Viral Load 410,000. Doctor recommended waiting for the DNA test to show if I had resistance before beginning ART. Almost 3 weeks later, tests came back and shown no major mutations so I began Stribild that day. I've had absolutely no side effects since. I take the pill between 7-9pm every night immediately after a good wholesome meal with ~500mL of water. At the end of the day, I commenced ART at week 6 of Acute HIV Infection. For many, most are not diagnosed this early. I happen to find out by fluke at week 2 of infection. After 1 month my CD4 count was 570 and Viral Load 290. Cheers."

iamtheone May 13, 2015

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "Started Stribild with CD4 less than 20 and VL about 50k. in first two months on the medication VL dropped below 200 and CD4 over 100. Now at the 4 month mark, VL about 20 but CD4 dropped to 79. Dr is running a resistance test to consider switching away from Stribild. Many thanks for the Gilead copay assistance."

Grubs One (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2015

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "Diagnosed with HIV 6/25/2013 with a T cell count of 373 (36%) and viraload of 136,000... Started Stribild on 9/1/2013......Became undetectable after 3 months and stayed that way ever since. After almost 2 years of treatment my T cell count is 1,150 and has remained in the thousands for quite some time. Absolutely no Side Effects! I praise God everyday and even though there is no cure here on earth, I serve a Supernatural King whose still seated on the throne! My advice to anyone is start treatment as soon as possible regardless of your CD4 count. Stribild had very minimum side effects if any at all and very easy to adhere to. Live well without shame, guilt or condemnation. Living life to the fullest!!!"

JesusisLord!!!! March 30, 2015

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "I was newly diagnosed December 2014. My CD4 count was 720 then dropped to 601 within 2 weeks. My viral load was at 37,450. I started Stribild February 19, 2015. My lab that was drawn March 13, 2015 showed my CD4 count at 840 and my viral load at 20. I have no side effects. I feel great. I'm able to work 2 jobs, go to school, and raise my kids. Hope it stays this good."

TuRaul (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2015

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "Diagnosed with HIV in 1985 (30 years ago). Monitored CD4 levels decreased gradually until they reached 240 2 months ago. Decided to start medications. Took Atripla for one month (December 2014) but had too many side effects. Started Stribild 2 months ago and have tingling and numbness in feet and lower legs. Breathing seems changed. Rapid heart rate a few hours after taking it. Worried about lactic acidosis and liver/kidney damage. Reading lots of internet articles about HIV medications doing more harm than good. Have to wonder if starting meds was a good decision."

Stribild+ (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2015

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "Third day taking this med, I'm having aching in my fingers wrists and biceps."

jharp86 January 13, 2015

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "I'm very happy with this medicine, and I can only encourage anybody who's hesitating to start an HIV treatment to go for this one. After 5 years, I finally decided it was time to start taking medicine, as my CD4 were going down and my Viral load going higher and higher! There was no doubt, I was freaking out! I finally got offered with STRIBILD , as it is very practical to take one tablet per day. I must say that I almost didn't have ANY side effects, apart from the part that I was very worried. After 1 month and half, my VIRAL load became undetectable, it took more time for my CD4 to go back to normal, after 6 month, I am at 600 CD4. I feel very happy, relieved, much more energy, I have had no more gastric and diarrhea issues !"

Happyismylife December 9, 2014

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "I'm back to tell my progress with Stribild! I had labs done week ago and seen the doc yesterday. I've been on Stribild for at least 3 months got started late on them was diagnosed of having HIV in December 2012. My VL is at 90 and my CD4 dropped maybe because I wasn't on meds at the time for two years from 325 to 190 so now I'm considered having full blown Aids. He said once I'm at that stage I will always have Aids but the virus is coming down and CD4 coming up but I am healthy he said. He put me on Bactrim for Pneumonia. But I workout a lot and he said that really helps so that's all I got to say thanks Stribild."

gay steve (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2014

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "Well I got my labs report today my CD4 is 190 and viral load 90 now but I'm considered to have full blown AIDS. But am healthy and getting better with Stribild. Thanks to Stribild my viral load is coming down!"

Steve Texas November 12, 2014

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "I was diagnosed in January 2014 and I started this in March once I was able to get a tight schedule with my med times. I have little no no side effects. As long as you eat 350 calories and keep it No longer than 2 hours from doses you'll be fine. My T cell count wasn't low when I started but it was 680 now it's 950 and my viral load is undetectable! Don't delay on medication therapy start as soon as possible."

new to this (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 12, 2014

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): "I am back yet again to report on my findings. After speaking with my doctor and adjusting my dosage time, I was able to travel to Europe and back without any significant problems. I manage a hectic schedule and started to get a bit worried when I went in for my six month check up. I wondered if the medicine was still effective. It had been. All my liver kidney functions were right on the money. It is amazing what pharmaceuticals have done. The virus in itself changes a person, no doubt. However, I am satisfied that this medication is saving my life. Hopefully I will be able to report back for those who are afraid of starting treatment and might be apprehensive. In this case the cure is not worse than the virus."

Here and There (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2014