User Reviews for Clorazepate

Also known as: Tranxene, Tranxene SD, Tranxene T-Tab

Learn more about Clorazepate.

Alcohol Withdrawal 1 reviews 19 medications

9.4
Anxiety 14 reviews 60 medications

8.3
Seizure Prevention 1 reviews 34 medications

Summary of Clorazepate reviews 16 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Clorazepate

Review by Holly25372537:

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: I have been on this medicine over thirty yrs. Back then it was a "new trendy medicine" to help people with panic disorder. This has worked for me so I can live a normal life.. actually a MORE then Normal life! I had tried Xanax and many others with NO avail. This medicine has been extremely effective due to the long shelf life it works for me great! I was able to be a great mother, friend, and work my way up at work. I feel so many would benefit from this wonderful medicine as long as they take as Dr. orders it. Yes, over a time.. your body needs more of it. I have never experience any bad side effects from this medicine. I wish more Dr's were informed of this medicine truly being a "medicine"! Please docs, help your patients!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 10, 2014 5:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: I've taken this for years (3.75mg.) only as needed and it has always worked well and never given me that "high" feeling. It just brings me back to being myself.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 28, 2014 12:17 PM

Review by LMK1910:

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: I was on several different more common anxiety medicines and they would wear off to quickly. Tranxene seams to be more stable and consistent levels in my body. Very helpful.

January 2, 2014 4:53 AM

Review by Severe Anxiety/Panic Attacks (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: I on Klonopin 2mg 3xdaily, for many yrs. I don't know if others have experienced the same thing or not. But, I felt I, either had been on it so long it lost some of it's effectiveness, or my anxiety and panic attacks got worse due to a tragedy. But I switched to Clorazepate and I cannot believe how much better I feel. I took it before, yrs ago, for a couple of months, and I do urge you not to start out on an extreme high dose, until you know how it works for you, and if you need to increase it, you can. A true lifesaver for me. Good luck to you others out there.

October 3, 2013 1:34 PM

Review by Grumpygirl (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: My doctor put me on this for agoraphobia. Due to high levels of stress associated with having 3 teenagers in the house, as well as one of them with behavioral problems and another with medical problems, my dose has to be upped. It seems to have NO effect whatsoever once the anxiety hits high levels (and then take it). If I take my dose of 15mg about 20 minutes BEFORE I know something will happen (such as leaving the house) my anxiety is much lower.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 2, 2013 8:50 PM

Review by Beverly Anne:

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: Traxene is one of the older medicines. I like it much better than Klonopin. I am on the second dose of 7.5. I do not take it every day, only as needed. It has no side effects like the newer medicines. It relives anxiety in about one hour, not as fast as others, but longer acting. It even takes away my sadness, which is probably caused from anxiety. I hope they never remove this medicine from the market. It is a wonderful stabilizer. Hope this helps others who read this.

July 23, 2013 10:12 PM

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Alcohol Withdrawal: Kept me calm and less stressed and less irritable.

June 12, 2013 3:28 AM

Review by Daveguess:

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Anxiety: Worked well for my panic attacks, not as fast as Xanax but worked!

January 13, 2012 4:47 AM

For Anxiety: Have used as needed for anxiety. 7.5 mg 2-4 times a day. Not habit forming nor no withdrawal problems if I stop taking. Does not make me drowsy.

November 21, 2011 11:44 PM

Review by alankay:

For Anxiety: Similar to Valium except no active metabolites. Was a very good anti-anxiety medicine for me.

September 5, 2011 7:34 PM

Review by boobo123:

For Anxiety: I've taken Valium and Xanax but the side effects were to strong. Clorazepate works just fine. No side effects and it is a calmer medicine than the rest. I strongly recommend clorazepate for anyone with anxiety troubles.

August 29, 2011 12:56 PM

Review by Merkman:

For Anxiety: I have just been prescribed clorazapate after trying Zoloft for anxiety which did not help me at all for anxiety. My doctor decided to put me on this after I told him that and it has seemed to control my anxiety and panic attacks to a certain extent. I am glad that I finally found a medication that actually gives me a noticeable change rather than something you must take in order for it to build up in your system for its full effects. The only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is because it doesn't seem to completely eliminate my symptoms as I had hoped it would. The medicine however does do a very good job controlling my symptoms to a point where I can live a normal life again as I had been doing prior to this onset of chronic anxiety.

May 13, 2010 12:09 PM

Review by Streaker:

For Anxiety: I have been taking it for twenty years with no known side effects. On days I forget to take it I experience anxiety and then realize I forgot to take it. My Doctor wants to weene me off it by taking half the dosage but I'm not comfortable with that idea.

December 16, 2009 6:46 PM

Review by Rx2009:

Tranxene (clorazepate) for Seizure Prevention: Tranxene provided a tolerable transition from Valium dependency (for Grand Mal seizures) to less addictive options: Lamictal and clonazapam work for me at fairly low doses. Save the Valium for status epilepticus and such. Nothing works better, but the risks outweigh the benefits when you're talking everyday/lifetime seizure control.

October 27, 2009 2:28 AM

For Anxiety: My doctor prescribed this because of severe dizziness that other medications did not help. It knocked it out within 3 days, so I am very pleased. One thing about it for me was I could not stay awake after I took it, knocked me right out.

March 6, 2009 10:45 PM

Review by Doctor Kyle:

Tranxene SD (clorazepate) for Anxiety: Tranxene-SD (Clorazepate-Single Dose) has helped immensely for my worry, anxiety, and major panic disorder! I take 22.5mg in the morning (2x 11.25 tablets) and Klonopin (Clonazepam) for my major panic disorder. The Tranxene-SD helps keep the all day anxiety and worry from erupting into a panic attack to where I have to take the Klonopin. It keeps me calm until I feel the need I have to take the Klonopin. It's been around since 1972, and it works great. I recommend it for all day anxiety!

April 29, 2008 6:24 AM