User Reviews for Clopidogrel

Also known as: Plavix

Learn more about Clopidogrel.

Acute Coronary Syndrome, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 1 medications

6.5
Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clopidogrel reviews 37 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Clopidogrel

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Ischemic Stroke: "Problems: Nose bleed Significant Memory Loss and confusion Extreme Constipation"

Danost (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2015

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Platelet Aggregation Inhibition: "I've been taking omeprazole for quite a time prior to being prescribed Plavix but NONE of the health professionals involved in my treatment have advised me to cease the Omeprazole even though it's regarded as unwise to. This worries me and I have ceased of my own accord until I can access my GP!"

fortee January 22, 2015

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: "Been on Plavix for 3 yrs, since I had a quad CABG surgery. Just had two additional stents put in on January 6, 2015. The first two stents were open no clots, no tissue build up, I do have some bruising but not extensive bleeding when I receive a cut. Thankful to stay alive"

luvliving (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 13, 2015

For Transient Ischemic Attack: "I took ibuprofen (2 caps at night for severe back pain) while taking this medicine and woke in the morning with a severe nose bleed."

Patso (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 29, 2014

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: "I've had 2 stents and have been on Plavix for 12 years and apart from bruising easily and a bit more bleeding then normal it's been good."

borrisbb (taken for 10 years or more) December 26, 2014

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: "It was 2 1/2 years now and 14 total stents, Just had my last 3 placed 2 weeks ago. Been on Plavix from the first one, this medicine they say is what is keeping me alive, I am 42 a smoker, and trying to change everything. I feel like I have 3 to 4 heart attacks a day. If not for this medicine I would not be here. Not sure if any real side effects due to my health and other medicines so I feel it has saved my life."

rnrdr68752 April 21, 2014

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Ischemic Stroke: "Was using generic clopidogrel and after having nose bleeds etc. Am now back on Plavix and have had no problems since. Will continue to use Plavix. I now receive the Plavix brand thanks to the card I received from the company."

Clifford Churchill July 25, 2013

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Platelet Aggregation Inhibition: "A ruptured brain aneurysm; placement of 10 coils and a stent, 75mg Plavix 325mg aspirin. Bruise like a peach and will get 3 dimensional bruising if I hit hard enough. Possibly some dizziness."

Day-Nee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2013

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Ischemic Stroke: "I switched from Crestor to Plavix after my doctors guidance and couldnt be happier with results."

Mickey_76 (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2013

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Peripheral Arterial Disease: "I've been taking Plavix 75 and a baby aspirin for 9 months now after stent placement in the back of my heart. So far no side effects except bruising. I am 65 yrs old, Male with heart disease. Can't take any statins because they cause too much leg muscle pain."

Mike1950 February 8, 2013

For Peripheral Arterial Disease: "I believe I'm allergic. Itching and rash onset after taking for over l Week ."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2013

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Ischemic Stroke: "Fatigue, weakness, bad bruising, bleeding, stomach pain, diarrhea, headache."

11tilt68 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2012

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: "Have been on Plavix since 1/11 following ant. myocardial infarction with stents. Experienced moderate bruising. Have been taking generic medicine for the past 2 months but I am experiencing severe bruising. Will be seeing cardiologist in Oct. to get medically necessary prescription for brand Plavix."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2012

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: "I am 30 yrs old, I had a mild heart attack in the first week of May 2012 had 95% blockage. Had stent put in taking 75 mgs of Plavix and aspirin regimen. I bruise really easy but no side effects I know of yet."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 14, 2012

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Acute Coronary Syndrome: "2004 single bypass followed by seven stents over 6 years, I've been on Plavix since the start and remain on it today. After 8 years, no problems from the medication. Now at 64 I continue to golf and ride bicycle, all at a moderate pace."

Anonymous July 13, 2012

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Peripheral Arterial Disease: "After two stents and medication right leg (least obstructed) improvement in 48 hrs. Left leg pain drastically reduced and mobility returning. Sleeping better. Have been on this medication (with aspirin) for one week. Very optamistic, haven't felt this good in years."

Dustoff February 12, 2012

Plavix (clopidogrel) for : "I believe Plavix caused me anemia after less than 3 months. No bleeding, inside or out (confirmed by colonoscopy and endoscopy) but severely lowered Fe, Hb, hct levels. Started taking iron; in 15 days anemia disappeared and ENERGY returned in abundance. "

193408 February 5, 2012

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: "I have been taking PLAVIX from the day it came on the market because of my unique clotting problem. My heart doctor has me on both PLAVIX and 325 Mg of aspirin once daily. When I developed atrial fibrillation, they put me on warfarin also. Then I started having bleeding problems. They took me off the warfarin and I was fine on the PLAVIX and aspirin, no clot problems encountered."

Timeless September 13, 2011

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: "It has helped me a lot as I had a mini stroke not to long ago. It has been a life saver for me."

Anonymous June 2, 2011

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: "I have been on Plavix 75mg one a day since September 2008. I have not experienced any problems that I can identify."

Buddy H May 28, 2011

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Platelet Aggregation Inhibition: "Use of Plavix following a partial occlusion of a branch artery in left retina. Other than having to be careful not to scrape or cut myself in the garden, my main side effect is occasional bleeding in the white of my right eye. I had glaucoma surgery in my right eye. I have asked my internist if it would be okay to discontinue use of Plavix and the answer was no. Not based on my history of a clot in my left eye which I was told could have caused a stroke. My doctor says that Plavix has the least side effects of the available blood thinner medications."

Anonymous May 9, 2011

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: "I didn't have a heart attack, but was getting ready for one when I had an angiogram and and then had 3 stents put in my right coronary artery. I have been taking Plavix for the last month with no problems. The doctors tell me I will be on Plavix for the rest of my life. At this point in my life (64) I have a cast iron stomach. Because of the aspirin I have been taking for years (perhaps the reason I didn't have a heart attack) I bruise easily and bleed profusely. Different bodies, different results. I'll try to check back in a year and update my experience."

FOOTGOO April 23, 2011

152 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: "I was a heavy smoker and ate all the 'bad' foods and then, one year ago this month (April 2011) I had a heart attack. Now, one stent later, and after one year of Plavix, I have had no recurrence. Of course, I also quit smoking (hard to do but I figured my life was worth it), changed my diet (also a hard change to make), and started exercising. I guess I will be on Plavix for the rest of my natural but, thanks to the Plavix, that natural may just be a lot longer than I had hoped for last year. As for side effects. I feel the cold a little more due to the blood thinning properties of Plavix but I don't think I bruise any easier than I used to, and I am not a 'bleeder' so all in all it's good."

Anonymous April 4, 2011

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Plavix (clopidogrel) for : "Don't like the tendency to bruise and bleed but this keeps me alive. Had an ischemic clot in my small intestine and had a bowel resection. Docs found a hole between chambers in my heart that was allowing small clots to circulate. Choices were open heart surgery or go on Plavix and Asprin. Price is a bit steep and keeps going up."

Anonymous January 16, 2011

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: "Suffered heart attack 12 years ago, then 2 weeks ago suffered severe angina, got scared went to the ER, they ran tests and told me my arteries were severely clogged, need stents put in me, had the stents put in, they put me on Plavix told me I would be on it for life. Well it's been 3 weeks now on the Plavix, love it, so far no side effects."

jtic January 9, 2011

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate