User Reviews for Clopidogrel

Also known as: Plavix

Learn more about Clopidogrel.

Acute Coronary Syndrome, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 1 medications

Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 66 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clopidogrel reviews 31 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Clopidogrel

Review by Clifford Churchill: User Rating:

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Ischemic Stroke: Was using generic clopidogrel and after having nose bleeds etc. Am now back on Plavix and have had no problems since. Will continue to use Plavix. I now receive the Plavix brand thanks to the card I received from the company.

July 25, 2013 7:44 PM
Review by Day-Nee (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Platelet Aggregation Inhibition: A ruptured brain aneurysm; placement of 10 coils and a stent, 75mg Plavix 325mg aspirin. Bruise like a peach and will get 3 dimensional bruising if I hit hard enough. Possibly some dizziness.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 18, 2013 9:49 AM
Review by Mickey_76 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Ischemic Stroke: I switched from Crestor to Plavix after my doctors guidance and couldnt be happier with results.

April 4, 2013 3:43 AM
Review by Mike1950: User Rating:

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Peripheral Arterial Disease: I've been taking Plavix 75 and a baby aspirin for 9 months now after stent placement in the back of my heart. So far no side effects except bruising. I am 65 yrs old, Male with heart disease. Can't take any statins because they cause too much leg muscle pain.

February 8, 2013 3:29 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

clopidogrel for Peripheral Arterial Disease: I believe I'm allergic. Itching and rash onset after taking for over l Week .

February 4, 2013 3:09 PM
Review by 11tilt68 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Ischemic Stroke: Fatigue, weakness, bad bruising, bleeding, stomach pain, diarrhea, headache.

October 25, 2012 11:40 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: Have been on Plavix since 1/11 following ant. myocardial infarction with stents. Experienced moderate bruising. Have been taking generic medicine for the past 2 months but I am experiencing severe bruising. Will be seeing cardiologist in Oct. to get medically necessary prescription for brand Plavix.

September 20, 2012 11:42 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: I am 30 yrs old, I had a mild heart attack in the first week of May 2012 had 95% blockage. Had stent put in taking 75 mgs of Plavix and aspirin regimen. I bruise really easy but no side effects I know of yet.

July 14, 2012 10:00 PM

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Acute Coronary Syndrome: 2004 single bypass followed by seven stents over 6 years, I've been on Plavix since the start and remain on it today. After 8 years, no problems from the medication. Now at 64 I continue to golf and ride bicycle, all at a moderate pace.

July 13, 2012 11:21 PM
Review by Dustoff: User Rating:

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Peripheral Arterial Disease: After two stents and medication right leg (least obstructed) improvement in 48 hrs. Left leg pain drastically reduced and mobility returning. Sleeping better. Have been on this medication (with aspirin) for one week. Very optamistic, haven't felt this good in years.

February 12, 2012 2:47 PM
Review by 193408:

Plavix (clopidogrel): I believe Plavix caused me anemia after less than 3 months. No bleeding, inside or out (confirmed by colonoscopy and endoscopy) but severely lowered Fe, Hb, hct levels. Started taking iron; in 15 days anemia disappeared and ENERGY returned in abundance.

February 5, 2012 2:43 PM
Review by Timeless: User Rating:

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: I have been taking PLAVIX from the day it came on the market because of my unique clotting problem. My heart doctor has me on both PLAVIX and 325 Mg of aspirin once daily. When I developed atrial fibrillation, they put me on warfarin also. Then I started having bleeding problems. They took me off the warfarin and I was fine on the PLAVIX and aspirin, no clot problems encountered.

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 13, 2011 10:04 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: It has helped me a lot as I had a mini stroke not to long ago. It has been a life saver for me.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 2, 2011 3:49 PM
Review by Buddy H: User Rating:

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: I have been on Plavix 75mg one a day since September 2008. I have not experienced any problems that I can identify.

May 28, 2011 3:55 PM

clopidogrel for Platelet Aggregation Inhibition: Use of Plavix following a partial occlusion of a branch artery in left retina. Other than having to be careful not to scrape or cut myself in the garden, my main side effect is occasional bleeding in the white of my right eye. I had glaucoma surgery in my right eye. I have asked my internist if it would be okay to discontinue use of Plavix and the answer was no. Not based on my history of a clot in my left eye which I was told could have caused a stroke. My doctor says that Plavix has the least side effects of the available blood thinner medications.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 9, 2011 3:11 PM
Review by FOOTGOO: User Rating:

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: I didn't have a heart attack, but was getting ready for one when I had an angiogram and and then had 3 stents put in my right coronary artery. I have been taking Plavix for the last month with no problems. The doctors tell me I will be on Plavix for the rest of my life. At this point in my life (64) I have a cast iron stomach. Because of the aspirin I have been taking for years (perhaps the reason I didn't have a heart attack) I bruise easily and bleed profusely. Different bodies, different results. I'll try to check back in a year and update my experience.

138 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 23, 2011 3:13 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: I was a heavy smoker and ate all the 'bad' foods and then, one year ago this month (April 2011) I had a heart attack. Now, one stent later, and after one year of Plavix, I have had no recurrence. Of course, I also quit smoking (hard to do but I figured my life was worth it), changed my diet (also a hard change to make), and started exercising. I guess I will be on Plavix for the rest of my natural but, thanks to the Plavix, that natural may just be a lot longer than I had hoped for last year. As for side effects. I feel the cold a little more due to the blood thinning properties of Plavix but I don't think I bruise any easier than I used to, and I am not a 'bleeder' so all in all it's good.

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 4, 2011 4:24 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Plavix (clopidogrel): Don't like the tendency to bruise and bleed but this keeps me alive. Had an ischemic clot in my small intestine and had a bowel resection. Docs found a hole between chambers in my heart that was allowing small clots to circulate. Choices were open heart surgery or go on Plavix and Asprin. Price is a bit steep and keeps going up.

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 16, 2011 1:43 PM
Review by jtic: User Rating:

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: Suffered heart attack 12 years ago, then 2 weeks ago suffered severe angina, got scared went to the ER, they ran tests and told me my arteries were severely clogged, need stents put in me, had the stents put in, they put me on Plavix told me I would be on it for life. Well it's been 3 weeks now on the Plavix, love it, so far no side effects.

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 9, 2011 1:38 PM
Review by old geezer: User Rating:

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: I have been on Plavix for a little over 5 years. It was prescribed by my Cardioligst following a vascular blockage and placement of a stent. Other than bruising and bleeding at the slightest contact, I have had no known side effects. I give Plavix a 10 because I am still kicking at 73.

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 7, 2011 5:51 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: RCA blockage of 95% in 2007. 2 stents (medicated). Took Plavix for 8 months then discontinued on doctor orders. 8 months later I suffered stent thrombosis and the 2 doctors I saw in the hospital seemed surprised I had discontinued Plavix. Another stent was inserted and I have been on Plavix since. I jog or bike at least an hour a day, usually more. My GERD has gotten worse lately and I just switched from Plavix to Effient along with proton pump inhibitors in morning and evening.

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 14, 2010 12:47 PM
Review by holycow: User Rating:

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: I had a heart attack July 7th this year. What a surprise that was. I had wonderful doctors and they prescribed Plavix. I was told I will need to take it for the rest of my life. I had two stents and damage to the back of my heart. I feel much better now and will for sure take my Plavix.

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 20, 2010 3:32 AM
Review by bronko:

Plavix (clopidogrel): I had ischemic strokes 5-6 times, twelve years ago. My doctor prescribed Plavix 75 mg. Mini strokes are gone and I am doing fine.

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 29, 2010 7:01 PM
Review by johnnik: User Rating:

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Acute Coronary Syndrome: Makes me tired sometimes and bleed a lot when cut but a necessary drug for me. 6 heart attacks and quadruple bypass surgery all in 1 day. That was Easter of 2008. Still alive...but not the man I used to be.

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 29, 2010 3:28 AM
Review by librasue: User Rating:

Plavix (clopidogrel) for Heart Attack: I have severe bruising on my arms from very thin skin. I have debated for a long time about taking Plavix. I started taking it 9 years ago when I had a very mild heart attack and a stent in a 90% blocked artery. There was another artery that was 60% blocked which they told me should be watched. 6 months ago , I had a heart catheter and they said the blockage was gone, and they didn't know why. My Doctor said that I should continue taking Plavix, and that stopping probably wouldn't help the bruising and thin skin. So that is what I will do.

137 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 30, 2010 7:11 PM