User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Panic Disorder 90 reviews 19 medications

Periodic Limb Movement Disorder 8 reviews 13 medications

Summary of Klonopin reviews 333 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Klonopin

Review by 420potsmoker420 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: Works great.

July 11, 2012 2:20 PM

Review by Jaylynn (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: I have had nothing but excellent results with this medication! Without any side effects! I would definitely recommend Klonopin to/for anybody having anxiety!

July 10, 2012 7:53 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Panic Disorder: Had some very severe persistent anxiety pop up. I have been on this for 10 years and its an amazing medication for people with anxiety.

June 29, 2012 6:05 PM

Review by Tough Guy:

For Panic Disorder: After 20 years in denial, I could not take the agony any longer. This is the only medication that's ever helped me. I don't take it everyday, only for those occasions feeling "it" coming on. There were times I could not even venture out of my office at work or perform simple tasks; went by ambulance twice for symptoms of a "heart attack"; nothing wrong with my heart. Driving a car on the expressway for any distance was impossible. Finally a doctor prescribed Klonopin about 2 years ago. There's no way I'd take this 3x daily, just as needed maybe 2-3 days a week.

June 9, 2012 7:12 AM

For Seizure Prevention: Clonazepam is the only medicine that will take away a seizure or cluster of seizures within 15 minutes. I have tried a variety-a large variety of other medications but unfortunately none of them had worked.

June 8, 2012 9:44 AM

Review by jason84 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Bipolar Disorder: For me Klonopin 1mg 4x daily, has helped me from my social and overall anxiety with that being said for my nerves its a great medicine. In combination with my Lamictal 200mg it also helps keep my moods at a more even level especially my mania which I seem to have much more than depression.

May 28, 2012 8:01 AM

For Panic Disorder: For the past 5 years I have witnessed my brother abuse heroin. Every day there was another lie! I love my brother and grew up admiring him. As a result, I fell into a deep depression. No antidepressant worked. When the panic attacks began while witnessing my brother, my doctor prescribed Xanax. It helped tremendously, but it wore off too fast. I was switched to Klonopin, and it has been a God send! It's a long lasting medicine that allows my mind to slow down, relax, and focus on my blessings in life.

May 14, 2012 11:01 PM

Review by downtowncop (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I am a new user to Klonopin and wanted to share my experience because I know that people come to the net to figure out what's going to happen. I have generalized anxiety disorder and obsessive compulsive stress disorder and things were getting a little more out of hand than normal. I was on Citalopram, and finally got switched to Viibryd which I'm looking forward to seeing the benefits. Klonopin taken at night lowers the brain activity and allows me to sleep. Finished my third night on it and slept through 2 nights, not woken up once. Hasn't happened in 6 months. Its not a sleeping pill...its a calm the brain pill. Very happy I'm getting back to normal.

May 5, 2012 8:54 AM

For Anxiety: I feel like Klonopin has turned my life around. I suffer from social anxiety. It has given me confidence in my job and in my everyday life. I feel in control and relaxed when I am on this medicine. It's similar to Xanax but it takes about 40 minutes to an hour to kick in and it lasts a lot longer. Being in crowds doesn't bother me as much. It sort of slows things down and doesn't make things so hectic and crazy. Although things may be going on around you, you seem to not notice it as much. It's unbelievable how different I feel. My dosage is 1mg total a day (super low). I found 0.5mg to be too much so I take 0.25 mg four times a day. I feel like myself again. I've had zero side effects with the exception of 0.5mg making me very drowsy.

May 3, 2012 7:24 PM

For Restless Legs Syndrome: Worked pretty well for restless legs syndrome, but when I started on it, I also had undiagnosed sleep apnea. Since using it with the CPAP, I have never slept better!

April 24, 2012 12:01 AM

For Anxiety: Klonopin (Clonazepam) was unique compared to Valium, Xanax & Ativan in its ability to remove rather than mask the symptoms and do so at a relatively small dose that remained effective (2 mg. once a day in the morning) without any need to increase the dosage, and without causing sedation or mental impairment. In fact - though I wasn't depressed per se - I subjectively experienced the lessening of my anxiety as positive and consequently my mood improved. This is an important medicine; its benefits are increased by open and honest communication between doctor and patient; thus avoiding the imposition of arbitrary time limits on the length of treatment.

April 21, 2012 6:29 PM

For Anxiety: I took Klonopin for ten years. Worked great for a few years but I developed a tolerance and over time, I developed worse anxiety and panic while on a steady dose.

April 18, 2012 11:01 PM

Review by Happyface Chick:

For Anxiety: I have GAD, social phobia, and panic disorder. I'm prescribed 1 mg, 3x a day of Klonopin. Even after 2 years it still works very well for me. It lasts much longer than Xanax or Ativan, so I don't get that dreaded wearing off feeling. It's quite calming but you can still function normally. The drowsiness side effect wears off after a few weeks. Just be very careful to take it as prescribed as it definitely has a potential for abuse. Also, if you decide to stop taking it, wean yourself off slowly to avoid feeling horrible.

April 10, 2012 10:50 PM

For Insomnia: Klonopin is the only medication that works for my insomnia. I've been on pretty much every medicine for insomnia at one point or another. I have OCD and the reason I can't sleep is because the obsessive thoughts won't stop ruminating in my head. When I take Klonopin, the thoughts are no longer intrusive.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 10, 2012 12:03 AM

Review by astigmatism:

For Bipolar Disorder: I've been taking clonazepam off and on for 20 years at the lowest dose: 0.5 Mg. The script is take 1 up to 3 times a day, as needed. I take lamotrigine, 100mg twice a day as my primary mood stabilizer. But there are times when stress starts to overload my already noisy brain and that's when I take the clonazepam. There are side effects. If I've been taking it on a more or less daily basis for a while I get constipation, dry mouth and lack of coordination (I get wobbly a d bump into things or list to one side like a boat in a swell. It's momentary, though! Despite these side effects I continue to take it because it really helps me. Bipolar disorder is bad and this helps me function "normally".

April 4, 2012 1:53 AM

For Anxiety: Great for panic attacks. And helps to stop my mind from racing at bedtime. Been on it for almost 6 yrs.

March 25, 2012 9:20 PM

Review by Sleepytime1234:

For Insomnia: I have had insomnia for over 20 years. It had caused my overall health to decline, including chronic migraines, and depression. I have tried several medications but nothing worked. Other medicines would either make me anxious, groggy during the day, or have no affect. Finally, six years ago I was prescribed Klonopin. It was a miracle, finally I felt rested and happy. I was no longer tired, anxious or depressed. It also helped with my migraines and seizures. I know many people worry about staying on it long term, but to me the benefits out way any side effects (none found). To me, I'd rather take Klonopin the rest of my life, just like those who take aspirins daily for their heart, because it allows me to live a happy, productive life.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 22, 2012 2:47 PM

For Anxiety: It works really well.

March 20, 2012 1:39 PM

Review by amelia036:

For Anxiety: I have panic attacks and I stress myself to no end about everything, just can't seem to be calm down or assured about anything. Sometimes I don't even want to be around people or have conversations. This medicine is the best, its quick, calming and I feel warm cozy and happy again. Sleep really awesome too. No bad side effects. I take 2mg.

March 6, 2012 10:05 PM

Review by music453:

For Anxiety: I was crying all the time and sad a lot.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2012 11:33 AM

For Insomnia: I have chronic insomnia, have had for years. I think Klonopin does a good job for primary insomnia, I take 2 mg an hour before bed.

February 28, 2012 9:28 PM

Review by Anti Clonzapam:

For Panic Disorder: Clonazepam makes me dizzy, sick, chilled, headache, constipation, depressed, antisocial and constant nasal drip from my nose to throat. Not to mention starving all the time. I asked my dr because I go into fits of rage if there was something that she could give me to instantly calm me down. I've been on several mood stabilizors and they just arent working like they used to. So she prescribed me this.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2012 3:07 PM

Review by vhee:

For Panic Disorder: I've been on many medicines, from Depakote, Geodon, Lamictal, Wellbutrin, Buspar, Adderall, etc. and Klonopin has been the best hands down. Mind you I am 23 yrs old and a girl, my new doctor was appalled on all the medicines others put me on. The Klonopin works very well for me.

January 27, 2012 2:13 PM

Review by rocky0514:

For Panic Disorder: I had my first panic attack in college and it changed my life forever. I was initially put on Xanax to combat my anxiety, but it eventually took more and more doses to achieve the same affect. Another doctor took me off of Xanax and put me on Klonopin, he explained that it is not as addictive and does not have the peaks and valleys that the prior drug has. I would not get on highways, left hand turning lanes, big open spaces, or want to walk far away from my home. Klonopin gave me my life back and allows me to function as normally as possible. I still have some issues but for the most part I can lead a productive life. I take 2 half milligrams a day and that works for me. Thank goodness for the researchers that created Klonopin!

January 25, 2012 6:28 PM

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: Klonopin works WAY better for me, and with little to no side effects, unlike Requip or Mirapex.

January 23, 2012 9:36 PM