User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Panic Disorder 90 reviews 19 medications

8.1
Summary of Klonopin reviews 348 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Klonopin

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Panic Disorder: This medication helps me to function and feel sane!

October 11, 2012 3:35 PM

Review by ILoveklonopin:

For Panic Disorder: I have massive panic attacks due to loss of close family and life problems. Klonopin is awesome I take 2mg tabs 3 times a day. Hope this is helpful

October 11, 2012 1:39 PM

Review by D-man (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: I was initially prescribed Klonopin (Clonazepam) for generalized anxiety disorder. It works very well, not Quite as Quick as Xanax, However It is well worth the wait. I also have panic disorder. It prevents them from happening in the first place. I developed a tolerance to the sedative effect after A month or two. 2 years strong. I take 1-8mgs a day. Use it sparingly. It has a long half life and stays in your body longer than alprazalam. I feel like Xanax lasts a few hours then rebounds.

September 26, 2012 4:51 PM

For Bipolar Disorder: I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar disorder and through the years extreme anxiety came along with it. I did not care for all the other bipolar medications. Mixing Prozac and Klonopin to treat the bipolar helps dramatically. I didn't even realize Klonopin is used for bipolar until I was on this site, and now I know that this is the right medication for my symptoms.

September 19, 2012 5:57 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: Sleep well at night.

September 18, 2012 1:24 PM

For Panic Disorder: It has helped me a lot

September 13, 2012 5:29 PM

Review by Emackay690 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I had been prescribed Klonopin in the past to treat severe anxiety until my appointment with a psychiatrist who deemed that such an approach to my anxiety issues was heavy handed. He took me off of them and since then I've been on Lexapro, Buspar, Seroquel, Zoloft, Pristiq, Paxil, Atarax all to little or no avail. I moved to a different area and got a new Psychiatrist who diagnosed me with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. The original course of treatment for that was Ativan 0.5mg three times daily. I was switched to Xanax 1mg twice a day as needed. A couple of months passed by without substantial improvement and I was bumped to Xanax 1mg 3x day Doctor decided Klonopin would be a better approach earlier today. So far so good.

September 10, 2012 9:06 PM

Review by female/ 21 yr old (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: Initially I started on citalopram 20 mg once a day. It was great for anxiety and my depression but I had no sex drive at all. My doctor changed me to Effexor 75 mg once a day for long term and was taking lorazepam 1mg as needed. My anxiety was not controlled. I had to take my lorazepam up to 3 times a day. Spoke to my doctor and I stayed on the Effexor but he switched me over to clonazepam 1 mg twice daily as needed. Lorazepam has a short life but clonazepam stays in your system way longer. Ever since I started on the clonazepam I feel so much better. There are days I only take 1mg at night and that's all I need.

September 10, 2012 7:01 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: Great and effective medication while taking .25 to .50 mg once per day. I'm in Law Enforcement and have a tough time shutting off my mind now and then. Klonopin works very well at taking away the negative thinking and unrealistic worries. Cops tend to role play alot in their minds, with everything. What if this, what if that?? Sometimes it gets out of hand and the horrible feelings that come from that sort of continuous thinking can really take its toll. Klonopin takes that away for a much longer time than Xanax. I also take 20mg of Lexapro a day, been taking for about three months. It has helped to some degree as well and keeps me from having to take a higher dose of the Klonopin. But overall, I give Klonopin a 10.

September 5, 2012 8:26 PM

Review by chertheluv (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: Klonopin has absolutely saved my life in more than one way, with it treating my anxiety and panic attacks. Before I was prescribed Klonopin I had severely withdrawn from almost every aspect of every day life. I was always a very outgoing positive and happy woman before my anxiety and isolation took over every aspect of my life. I just could not face the "real world" before Klonopin and now I have been completely able to live a normal, happy and productive life. It has helped with social anxiety which was what caused me to withdraw from every day life. I cannot praise enough the benefits to me personally. I can again live a happy existence and will never have a bad thing to say about it from own my personal experience.

August 29, 2012 4:22 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: Keeps you in the middle (not depressed or manic). No side effects other than being tired in the beginning. Helps with other medicines like lithium and Wellbutrin.

August 12, 2012 12:04 AM

Review by julvanv (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: Very good results and treatment outcomes for anxiety, and "social phobia."

August 11, 2012 3:24 PM

For Seizure Prevention: Good

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2012 11:23 AM

Review by Pill Pharmer (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Insomnia: I have severe and chronic insomnia that has caused me little (if any) sleep per night, leading to confusion and irritability in the morning, leading to delirium, if prolonged exposure to sleep deprivation was to happen to me. My doctor first prescribed me Seroquel (quetiapine) for my insomnia, which worked a little bit TOO well, as it was too heavily sedating, and left me with too many "morning-after" effects. At my doctor's reluctance (due to substance abuse history in not me, but my family) I was given a prescription to a starting dose of 1 mg a night of Klonopin. This was amazing. As opposed to being forced to sleep by Seroquel, Klonopin lulled me to sleep. It's a wonderful medicine.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2012 4:19 PM

For Anxiety: I'm a 48 year-old male, 6-2, 230lbs. I've been taking Klonopin off and on now for the last year. It works pretty well for anxiety and takes about 40 minutes to kick in. I take 0.25mg twice daily. I just started taking Lexapro 20mg and have been on it for about four weeks. Not sure if it's doing much. We'll see in about another 4 weeks if I can stop the Klonopin. I have to agree with others, Xanax works well and quickly, but leaves your system quicker and leaves you more anxious. Klonopin seems to be a little bit smoother and longer lasting about 3-4 hours at 0.25mg. This medicine gets a bad rap due to the people who abuse it. I'm in Law Enforcement and I see it every day who abuse these.

July 18, 2012 8:57 PM

Review by 420potsmoker420 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety: Works great.

July 11, 2012 2:20 PM

Review by Jaylynn (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: I have had nothing but excellent results with this medication! Without any side effects! I would definitely recommend Klonopin to/for anybody having anxiety!

July 10, 2012 7:53 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Panic Disorder: Had some very severe persistent anxiety pop up. I have been on this for 10 years and its an amazing medication for people with anxiety.

June 29, 2012 6:05 PM

Review by Tough Guy:

For Panic Disorder: After 20 years in denial, I could not take the agony any longer. This is the only medication that's ever helped me. I don't take it everyday, only for those occasions feeling "it" coming on. There were times I could not even venture out of my office at work or perform simple tasks; went by ambulance twice for symptoms of a "heart attack"; nothing wrong with my heart. Driving a car on the expressway for any distance was impossible. Finally a doctor prescribed Klonopin about 2 years ago. There's no way I'd take this 3x daily, just as needed maybe 2-3 days a week.

June 9, 2012 7:12 AM

For Seizure Prevention: Clonazepam is the only medicine that will take away a seizure or cluster of seizures within 15 minutes. I have tried a variety-a large variety of other medications but unfortunately none of them had worked.

June 8, 2012 9:44 AM

Review by jason84 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Bipolar Disorder: For me Klonopin 1mg 4x daily, has helped me from my social and overall anxiety with that being said for my nerves its a great medicine. In combination with my Lamictal 200mg it also helps keep my moods at a more even level especially my mania which I seem to have much more than depression.

May 28, 2012 8:01 AM

For Panic Disorder: For the past 5 years I have witnessed my brother abuse heroin. Every day there was another lie! I love my brother and grew up admiring him. As a result, I fell into a deep depression. No antidepressant worked. When the panic attacks began while witnessing my brother, my doctor prescribed Xanax. It helped tremendously, but it wore off too fast. I was switched to Klonopin, and it has been a God send! It's a long lasting medicine that allows my mind to slow down, relax, and focus on my blessings in life.

May 14, 2012 11:01 PM

Review by downtowncop (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I am a new user to Klonopin and wanted to share my experience because I know that people come to the net to figure out what's going to happen. I have generalized anxiety disorder and obsessive compulsive stress disorder and things were getting a little more out of hand than normal. I was on Citalopram, and finally got switched to Viibryd which I'm looking forward to seeing the benefits. Klonopin taken at night lowers the brain activity and allows me to sleep. Finished my third night on it and slept through 2 nights, not woken up once. Hasn't happened in 6 months. Its not a sleeping pill...its a calm the brain pill. Very happy I'm getting back to normal.

May 5, 2012 8:54 AM

For Anxiety: I feel like Klonopin has turned my life around. I suffer from social anxiety. It has given me confidence in my job and in my everyday life. I feel in control and relaxed when I am on this medicine. It's similar to Xanax but it takes about 40 minutes to an hour to kick in and it lasts a lot longer. Being in crowds doesn't bother me as much. It sort of slows things down and doesn't make things so hectic and crazy. Although things may be going on around you, you seem to not notice it as much. It's unbelievable how different I feel. My dosage is 1mg total a day (super low). I found 0.5mg to be too much so I take 0.25 mg four times a day. I feel like myself again. I've had zero side effects with the exception of 0.5mg making me very drowsy.

May 3, 2012 7:24 PM

For Restless Legs Syndrome: Worked pretty well for restless legs syndrome, but when I started on it, I also had undiagnosed sleep apnea. Since using it with the CPAP, I have never slept better!

April 24, 2012 12:01 AM