User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Panic Disorder 97 reviews 19 medications

Periodic Limb Movement Disorder 11 reviews 13 medications

8.1
Summary of Klonopin reviews 380 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Klonopin

For Seizure Prevention "I was prescribed this 6 months ago by an ER doctor after my first ever tonic clonic seizure. I'd been taking it for about 6 weeks before I could get an appointment with a neuro Dr. I was working, had no problems at all with it - actually was helping me sleep better and I didn't have any other seizures. The Dr took me off them & said it wasn't the right medicine. I tried 2 medicines by his suggestions and changed Dr's after bad reactions. The new doctor had me on 3 others that also gave me bad reactions - GUESS WHAT - now I'm back on them and I'm feeling like myself again & I'm not having any trouble at all. I just wish they would've listened to me to begin with."

sallymaebooth (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2013

For Anxiety "I suffer severe anxiety disorder and post traumatic stress disorder. These pills (1mg 3x daily) keep me calm enough to not worry about full blown panic attacks all the time. I take this in addition to a mild antidepressant. I take a low dose of Celexa and Buspar with this and it really keeps this under control for me."

lunarchyld (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 23, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder about 6 years ago and had my share of trying different medications to get it under control. After multiple trials with medicines my doctor finally found the right combination for me (Lexapro, lithium, (Depakote had sexual side effects), Synthroid, trazodone at night, multivitamins and B-1 vitamin). This combination worked great to get my mood swings under control. Once my mood swings were under control, I started having extreme anxiety attacks. I was then diagnosed with anxiety disorder as well. My doctor prescribed 0.75 mg Klonopin 3 times a day, as needed and it is a lifesaver. Klonopin knocks my anxiety down within 15 min. I have been taking it for 3 yrs with great results."

ohio*buckeyes (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2013

For Anxiety "Used to take 2 mgs three times per day with my old doctor, stopped for a year, and now I'm on 0.5mg three times a day. I built up a tolerance quickly, but when I have a panic attack 4 mgs stops it dead. I love Klonopin, it lasts longer than Xanax and doesn't give me a crazy hangover feeling the next day!"

Raanin (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 19, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I am bipolar on 500mg Lamictal, 1200mg gabapentin and prescribed Klonopin. I am prescribed to take it 1.0 two times a day but don't need to often. When I am hysterical or very angry in which I want to hit someone or tell them off which happens sometimes you take half usually and it works. I take a whole one if its too much to handle. I don't use it all the time sometimes not even for a week. It's wonderful for those out if control moments! Klonopin is much better for bipolar, to use than Xanax. Xanax had no effect in me at all!"

Wkumomma (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 13, 2013

For Anxiety "This medication opened up a whole new world for me. I developed a very bad anxiety & panic disorder and lived with it for years. Therapy and many other medications did not help! Didn't notice much of a difference initially but by the time I was up to 1mg 3 times a day my life so greatly improved. I currently take another medication (Xanax). I was taken off the medication because I became an alcoholic. When I detoxed from alcohol I was immediately taken of Klonopin. My only concern for people that are taking it is that if they decide to stop, please withdraw from it properly by a gradual reduction over a period of time. The hospital took me off of it without gradually reducing it. The withdrawal was horrible!"

Gentlebreeze (taken for 10 years or more) April 7, 2013

For Panic Disorder "In my opinion this medicine is great. It feels good to be able to go outdoors with confidence. No more anxiety dizziness, I can say hello to a nice girl at a coffee shop or even read a book without thinking everyone is looking and laughing at me. This medicine worked for me. I now go to the gym and have friends, and have a lively weekly routine. I slowly want to see if I can handle life without them but I always keep them around just in case I have an attack. Good luck guys."

Mo Jee April 2, 2013

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have been diagnosed with having panic & anxiety disorders and being bipolar. Klonopin helps me deal with that stress which is the greatest thing because I get to play with my kids a lot more now and take them places in large groups of people. Its helped my life improve, only take as directed."

juicyjo4 March 31, 2013

For Anxiety "Okay so I have been on Klonopin for about 3 months and might I say it's AWESOME. I have severe anxiety and get panic attacks quite often which are bad and it finally got to point where I couldn't eat or sleep I basically couldn't function. When I first started taking it I was zonked out. They made me so tired but my tolerance has gone up so much and 3 doesn't even do anything to me now so that's the downside. On the up side when the dosage does work your anxiety is completely gone and you just feel so chill yet able to function (at least for me). Hopefully my dosage will be upped and I'll be happy again. I definitely recommend Klonopin as always be careful and have a wonderful day."

savannie March 29, 2013

For Anxiety "Works for me"

angelalala March 24, 2013

For Anxiety "I am 30yrs old. I have been taking Klonopin for 6 years, for severe anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder and bipolar disorder. Since I have been taking it for so long I have gotten a little immune to it. I started taking 0.5mg today I use 2mg 3x daily. When I first started taking it the effects were very strong. So I recommend you start at a lower dose. This medicine has been a life changer for me because now I finally feel like human. I have 2 small kids to look after and with this medicine I can function better in my daily life."

jen.t (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 22, 2013

For Panic Disorder "Was totally lost, unable to work, even come out of my room. Still not perfect but a huge improvement. Able to even travel a little."

papadave March 19, 2013

For Panic Disorder "Honestly this medication is amazing. The only draw back is that some Dr.'s don't want to prescribe it because it is a controlled substance. I feel so normal when I take this. I deal with heavy anxiety. My panic attacks are an everyday battle. From the heart attack feeling, sweaty palms, closed throat, difficulty breathing, feeling like I'm dying and unable to work, drive, or get out of my bed this medication has given me my life back. I have 3 small children to care for and they need me! I am a much calmer mother. I have anger issues too. This medication helped me deal with my infuriating anxiety. I was so sick of feeling doomed and I hated feeling so weak. I have been on it for 6 Years. No complaints."

rkya2121 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 6, 2013

142 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Started taking this med for bipolar disorder and it's been working for 6 months it helps me rest at night. I have tried many other medicines but inconjunction with Wellbutrin antidepressant it seems to be great. I hope I never have another episode again and this will continue to work for me."

SunshineEmmy March 3, 2013

For Anxiety "It helped with my anxiety more then any other medicine."

messy jessy March 1, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "Initially found I would wake up groggy but after a few days this really helped calm me. I take it in combination with Seroquel, Buspar and Wellbutrin. Coming off Effexor due to the sexual side effects and up to 75gm/day. Also on Adderall twice a day and find the combination helps me concentrate and feel much better about myself. Before this combination I was suicidal. Now, I even look forward to the next day. I can't guarantee this combination works for everyone but I've tried MANY with limited success so it's refreshing to know something is working and if I could help another person feel the way I feel."

Paullan February 15, 2013

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder "I take this for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder. It works but I have a hard time waking up in the morning. I tried to take it earlier in the evening and it still was hard to wake up. I don't feel like I got a good night sleep because I am groggy most of the day. I will talk to my doctor about different options. If it wasn't for this side effect, it works great for PLMD."

Anonymous January 28, 2013

For Anxiety "This is the only medicine that has really taken my generalized anxiety disorder away with so many less side effects. I've had GAD just about all my life and am now 36. I have tried Celexa, Lexepro, Zoloft, Cymblata, Effexor, Wellbutrin, Buspar and find most of them are too stimulating or make me so tired with no ambition, or feel like I'm going crazy. I would self medicate and made my life even worse. I have been on Paxil on and off trying to get something that would work but the Paxil is the best for me for anxiety but I lost all my ambition, creativity, interest in just about everything. I would get so tired it's crazy. I would lose my sex drive. "

JAMIE J January 25, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "Stops panic attacks dead in their tracks at a high enough dose, but even my prescribed dose is enough to calm things down after about 40 minutes so I can think. Doesn't help when I'm manic/hypomanic, but has stopped me from doing more than a couple of silly things while depressed."

Ori (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 19, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "Helps balance anti-depressants with sleeplessness and twitching and stuff. Helps me calm down, take the edge off the other medicines. This is not to be used by itself for bipolar disorder. It's used in combination so don't take Klonopin and think it's going to help you that much. It works best with other medications."

anakinskyy (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 19, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "Love them they take anxiety and the bipolar away and I can finally sleep."

kristten (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 19, 2013

For Panic Disorder "After trying gobs of anti-depressants, Xanax and the like, Klonopin along with both Effexor and Inderal has obliterated ANY and ALL anxiety and disabling symptoms plaguing my life for YEARS. I am so happy to have found a sympathetic physician who listens to my strife and actually cares about my welfare as a patient. This combination has made me a NEW person with SO MANY opportunities in life. This medicine has been a lifesaver and so very happy I'm finally squared with my emotional and anxiety-ridden baggage. Not a SINGLE panic attack or anxiety attack since starting Klonopin. It's really a God send after so many years of struggling and would recommend to anyone a frank discussion with his/her physician for at least a trial."

Quaalude (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2013

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I am so grateful to find other's who actually are thankful to this medicine. I have been beating myself up over taking it for the past two years, due to this new medication free obsession (which is good advice for some), but this is the ONLY medication that has made me feel better. Instead of going up in dosage, after being diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder two years ago, I have gone down (without even trying). This is an amazing and life saving medication to those who actually need it. I have suffered all my life and nothing else ever worked. Just a tip: if people tell you that you don't need this medication, think back to before you ever took it. 100 % satisfaction with this medicine!"

slightlynervy (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 25, 2012

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Klonopin was great for helping me manage anxiety and panic attacks. Almost all medicines carry warnings about alcohol consumption, so many people like me and assume that moderate alcohol consumption is okay, and that warnings are just to limit liabilities of the manufacturers if someone drinks and has an incident. WARNING: DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE TAKING THIS MEDICATION. I did, and had what I now consider to be a near-death experience!" I found myself in a public restroom stall, and literally UNABLE TO MOVE for what seemed like hours. I remember feeling my heart beating what seemed like once every 4-5 seconds, and I couldn't even call out for help because I literally could not speak. I now feel very lucky to have survived."

charschu (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2012

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder "Excellent finally some relief!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 13, 2012