User Reviews for Klonopin (Page 7)

Learn more about Klonopin.

Panic Disorder 111 reviews 19 medications

Periodic Limb Movement Disorder 11 reviews 13 medications

8.1
Summary of Klonopin reviews 434 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Klonopin

For Anxiety "Started low dose of 0.25mg and it has changed my life! Only take lowest dose needed and work with a therapist because medicine doesn't do all the work..YOU have to as well."

sarag7977 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2014

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I take this for anxiety and only a low dose of 0.25mg (half of a 0.5mg) and it works wonders and I am VERY sensitive to medicines. Only take the lowest dose you need and you won't experience side effects."

sag34mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2014

For Anxiety "Works great for my anxiety but I have bad cases of diarrhea. I take 1mg twice a day, also on Seroquel 400 mg."

playboybuddyrose (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2014

For Anxiety "You can take it during any anxiety issue within 20mins I noticed the difference it made. In seven yrs I've been able to do so much more. I would call it the miracle pill."

TaraBolduc February 27, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Takes away anxiety fast."

big Jimmy long February 20, 2014

For Panic Disorder "I suffer from Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia and Generalized Anxiety Disorder and some Social Anxiety. I have severe panic attacks and they come on out of no where with no warning. Ill get the derealization in my head and wont know whats going on or feel out of body, dizzy, heart will race, extreme feeling of dying. It will actually physically make me sick. My dr. put me on Klonopin 2mg 1 tab 5 times daily when I was 19 and its a wonder drug. I'm 23 now and I'm not panic free completely but when I feel it coming I take a tablet and the fear is all gone in 20 minutes. I'm 23 now and if you take it properly it will help you greatly. Anxiety runs in my family and its a terrible thing. My life is normal thanks to Klonopin."

IamNOTgoingCRAZY90 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 4, 2014

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Since I was 13 years old. Anxiety has been a severely debilitating issue in my life. It's destroyed most of the relationships in my life and stopped me from maturing as a person in terms of moving up in the job field. A lot of people would consider me weird, because of becoming Very reclusive due to my anxiety disorder. When I am on Klonopin... IT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! I have a lot of energy, motivation and I'm anxiety free. The most I've taken consecutively was 2mg for about 2 weeks and after stopping for about 2-3 days after that I'd never feel any withdrawal effects. This is usually the cycle I use. The quality of my life is drastically better on Benzodiazapine medication."

BiPolar Bob (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 30, 2014

For Anxiety "I've had GAD for 30 years. The last 5 years it's gotten worse, my normal techniques weren't working anymore and I needed help. I take the smallest amount of Klonopin 0.25 mg once per day and it level's things out. "

bil123 January 13, 2014

For Anxiety "A very effective medicine, that needs to be used with care and caution. I wouldn't take more than 1mg per day, and my doctor will not prescribe any higher dose. I take it in combination with Lexapro, and my anxiety is nearly obliterated. I would say be very careful, though, about dosage."

mrdjm365 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2013

For Anxiety "It is wonderful. I only wish I knew about it sooner."

lady38 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2013

For Anxiety "Klonopin is a great, I went through trial and error to get it but my doctor finally prescribed it! Been on it for 2 months and it's been great, but people you still need to learn to cope while on it, it's not just a miracle pill. I give it a 9/10."

KlonopinInfo (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2013

For Anxiety "I was placed on 150mg x2 a day Wellbutrin & 0.5mg Klonopin X 2 a day. Wellbutrin gave me the initial energy I needed to stay awake. At one point I didn't have enough Klonopin to get me through so I cut my dosage in 1/2 for the Klonopin to 0.5mg. Wellbutrin was overpowering it made me too hyperactive and made my anxiety rage so I stopped taking it and it helped calm me down. My depression disappeared and my anxiety leveled out. Since, I%u2019ve been back on 0.5mg x 2 a day, extra as needed and stayed off the Wellbutrin. The depression hasn't come back yet. If I forget to take Klonopin for more than a day I start losing my thoughts mid-sentence and I forget everything that I%u2019m trying to say. Then my anxiety comes back and I%u2019m a mess until I take it."

Ashes2ashes December 14, 2013

For Anxiety "Panic attacks and anxiety run in my family, and this helped me big time. I was scared to take any medicines after having a bad experience with another anxiety medication, but I took it finally and day three of my panic attack/no sleep was over! I could eat again and finally crack a smile. It did make me sleepy, and it felt a tad funny to walk. I only took them before bed to sleep unless I really needed it. It restored my confidence that I could be happy again and made me feel comfy just knowing I had them on me. I am off of them for now and on a different anxiety pill, because my doc didn't want me to become dependent on them. I do keep one or two in my purse for emergencies."

Gjgbjug December 12, 2013

For Anxiety "Klonopin works pretty well at low doses (2-4 mg). I'm 46 6'4' 260 lbs. Higher doses just make me drool and shuffle, and cause horribly painful foot cramps if I miss a dose or two. Low dose, no problems. One wicked side effect is memory loss and speed of comprehension. Sleep is better. Withdrawal is pretty easy at low doses. Taper from high doses. It also was a major asset discontinuing opiates, and their various temporary-but-forever withdrawal effects."

WhiteRook (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 26, 2013

For Anxiety "I take 2mg Klonopin 4-5 times daily along with Adderall XR 20mg 2 each morning. The combination of the two works great. I suffer from BiPolar disorder, Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and ADHD. I would get so bad I would lock myself in my room at home and cry my eyeballs out, afraid to speak to people, just full blown terrible anxiety. Klonopin is very effective if taken properly. Its a miracle medicine. I used to just be on Xanax 1mg 5 times daily and it started making me angry and aggressive. Some people react different to medications. Klonopin controls my mood, stops the worst anxiety you ever experienced in its tracks. Wonderful medication with just drowsiness as a side effect."

Anonomys23 November 26, 2013

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Please, please, please do your research before ever taking Klonopin or any drug in the benzodiazepine family. Klonopin has caused me great hardship and nearly cost me my life. And I am not alone - thousands of people have had horrific experiences with this drug. Please search "benzo withdrawal" or similar to educate yourself. Looking back, my original anxiety was nothing compared to the torture I went through once I was addicted to klonopin. And I am not through it yet. Words can not explain the horror I went through. That is why I beg you to do your own research. Most doctors don't know or are in denial about the withdrawal effects of benzodiazepines. The stories you will find are not lies or exaggerations. Buyer beware! Please!!"

Gary321 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 9, 2013

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Anxiety disorder runs in my family, and Klonopin has done us wonders. I suffered a severe car accident 10/2012. Quit my job, quit fall-term, and became paralyzed from Anxiety. Initial dose was 0.5mg 2X a day. I discovered, LESS IS MORE. Now I only take 0.5 mg 2X a day, and it helps me be Andy. Klonopin is addictive. 20mg is max dose for epilepsy. 4mg/ day max for anxiety. 1mg/day in studies is shown to be most effective for anxiety. Take it as prescribed. DON'T, TAKE MORE. If you don't have epilepsy. BELIEVE ME! Benzodiazepines should be used with caution."

Andy (19 years old) (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 28, 2013

For Anxiety "I think Klonopin is the bottom-of-the-barrel of benzodiazepine anti-anxiety/anti-panic medicines. This is from personal experience with it & other benzodiazepines. Klonopin, for one thing, lacks the muscle-relaxant effect that's an additonal benefit of other benzodizepines such as Valium (diazepam). But what's worse is that Klonopin caused me to lose 2 jobs. It has this strange effect of prompting me to 'speak my mind' -- a little too much! Not the case with Valium, which has a much more pleasant effect. With further research I found out that Klonopin was intially marketed for seizure disorders *only*. But, because it didn't sell well for that, the company basically pushed into the anti-anxiety market. There's much better out there."

ExperienceSpeaking (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 26, 2013

For Anxiety "im 25yrs of age and have been on prescription benzodiazepines since the age of 16, mostly for panic attacks and GAD. I started on klonopin 0.5 BID and in the last nine years you could imagine the roller coaster ride it has been. Xanax 2mg po qid. Ativan 2mg po tid. valium 10mg po tid.(all at separate times) and the valium I was on 2 years up until 2 months ago. it started to quit working. I hated the Xanax and Ativan but the valium saved my life, it was a bitter sweet ending. and 2 months in now on klonopin 1mg qam. then 2mg qhs. miracle medicine!!!! highly recommend this medication for severe to chonic GAD, panic attacks, insomnia associated with stress and I could just go on and on. cant say enough about this medicine that gave hope!"

J.M. Carson JR. (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2013

For Anxiety "I was put on Klonopin about 8 months ago...My bp would not come down with lisipril so the Dr put me on Klons, Valium, and Lexapro to stop whatever was going on... She stopped the valium but im still on the lexapro and klons...Im prescribed 90 klons 1mg a month and 60 10mgs lexapros a month...Well those didnt work but the lexapro and klons did with my anxiety but now im on Azor 10/40 again to try to get it down...Anxiety sucks and I dont wish it on my worst enemy... Well maybe...lol"

Jules1925 October 21, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I've used it on and off for 15 years. It works fast for my anxiety. While I only use it infrequently, it has always been safe and effective."

BPoppe (taken for 10 years or more) October 13, 2013

For Anxiety "Helps me have less panic attacks which helps me be less violent. No more non-stop fighting."

Smitty85 October 2, 2013

For Panic Disorder "I slept great but I became extremily sad and disconnected. I developed cold like symptoms; sore throat, congestion, dry mouth. I had to stop taking it. I was only prescribed 0.5 mg."

jules49 October 1, 2013

For Panic Disorder "I struggled with anxiety and panic disorder most of my life. As a child, I was unable to eat in the cafeteria or read aloud because I hated to be watched by others. Progressively it got worse, peaking when I graduated from college and got my real job. Having tried Buspar, Effexor and Lexapro with no progress but a whole lot of weight gain, I gave up. Finally my doctor offered me 0.5 mg Klonopin prescription and it has been life changing. I have been taking it for about 8 months. My only issue is that he is still suggesting another SSRI which I'm tired of trying. Now he's suggesting Paxil which I don't want. I just want to stick with what I know works right now which is 0.5 mg Klonopin as needed."

Virginia27 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 29, 2013

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "I started taking Klonopin recently, and I'm mixing it with Vybriid and Lamictal. It helps so much. At night it takes the edge off. I take 0.5mg, sometimes 1mg to help me out more. I haven't had as bad of racing thoughts while I'm trying to fall asleep and I end up sleeping like a baby. The after effects is a little bit of groggyness but it's worth it. The only thing that bothers me is that I feel like smoking cigarettes after I take it. Overall, it's great and stops the mania as well as depression."

sweeetdee September 29, 2013