User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Panic Disorder 80 reviews 19 medications

7.7
Summary of Klonopin reviews 293 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Klonopin

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Hyperekplexia: Hyperplexia also known as autonomic dysreflexia. Works well with quadriplegics along with Valium for muscle spasms. Doses may very from person to person.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 17, 2011 9:31 PM
Review by Bdorsey63: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I've had severe panic/anxiety disorder for 15 years. Was prescribed Xanax 1mg 3xday for 15 yrs. It worked for panic attacks, but not for constant anxiety. Psychiatrist prescribed Klonopin 3 months ago, 1mg 2 x day. It has been the best medicine I've taken for the daily anxiety, but does not stop panic attacks. Talked to him about increasing to 3 x day and he refused to listen! I'm stuck with 2xday. It is the best medicine I've taken because lasts about 6-7 hours. I've been participating in life again, but anxiety is still ever-present. I wouldn't have to take Xanax for panic attacks if my dosage were increased to 3 x day, but he prefers to prescribe 15 Xanax/month on top of Klonopin rather than stick with Klonopin alone. Overall great medicine.

October 9, 2011 12:20 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: Panic disorder patients should look into a low dose of Klonopin.

October 2, 2011 9:29 AM
Review by Sleep!: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Insomnia: I've had chronic, unmanageable insomnia for almost 7 years. It took my life from me. I never thought it would reach the point where my doctor--who I no longer see--gave me HUGE amounts of medicine and put me in a mental hospital for 3 days! I found a sleep specialist who confirmed I am NOT CRAZY, he tried me on a few medicines that didn't work--I was getting roughly 2-4 hours per night for YEARS--and finally, he tried this medicine. WOW. It's not perfect because my illness iS an illness that I will struggle with for a long time, but I've been getting better. My life was a disaster for so long that I cried every single day. Now, I'm beginning to feel like myself again. I hope you all do too.

September 28, 2011 1:26 PM
Review by kennym_42: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Night Terrors: I have night terrors and after this medication was prescribed I rarely EVER have night terrors anymore.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 17, 2011 5:39 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Insomnia: I take 1 mg every night and I am finally able to sleep well and wake without feeling drugged.

September 9, 2011 10:10 AM

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I took Klonopin for about 10 years, to deal with the anxiety associated with a cancer diagnosis/treatment. It did a great job of limiting the anxiety, but I started having 'blackouts" where I would have no memory of events or some behaviors. I ended up being charged with DUI, after I had no memory of a fender bender. Quit using the medicine 3 years ago and now take hydroxyzine, which works fine without the side effects.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 29, 2011 8:38 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: My first prescription of this medicine changed my opinion of anxiety treatment. I had hope. That was in 2003, I am still on it and it has helped me have a "normal" life.

August 27, 2011 5:25 AM
Review by Gizz: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin is a very effective medicine for people such as myself that suffer from debilitating panic disorder and/or PTSD. This medicine saved me from becoming institutionalized after returning home from the Gulf War back in 1991. When I first took the medicine, I felt as if I had awoken from a hellish nightmare. It served me quite well for nearly 20 years because I NEVER abused this medicine. Be extremely careful and mindful when using Klonopin, take it only as directed by your Doctor.

August 16, 2011 8:34 PM
Review by serenity0322: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I struggled with severe anxiety and panic attacks since I was in early adolescence. I have also been through almost all the SSRI's which make my depression worse and did nothing for my anxiety. I had lost all hope until my Doctor suggested I start on clonazepam 1mg x 2 daily and it was finally something that worked. He increased to 1mg x 3 daily and have been doing great on it.

August 10, 2011 11:28 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I started to have severe panic attacks out of nowhere 3 weeks ago. I didn't even want to leave the house, and I started to self isolate. My friends started to wonder why I was acting weird, and I honestly thought there was no hope. My doctor prescribed me 0.5 mg twice a day of klonopin, and it has worked GREAT. I have only taken two doses, and I am starting to feel normal. I am tired, but my doctor told me that I would feel sleepy for the first couple of days. But this medicine has worked wonders for me already, now I can focus on moving on from my anxiety attacks!

August 6, 2011 5:17 PM
Review by BiziLady: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: At 42 years old I noticed a definite increase in anxiety and in certain social situations, I felt like I "had to get out of there". Especially with my church work which I dearly loved, playing piano, teaching Bible Class, etc. Panic attacks ruled my life. It got worse. I couldn't take long car trips (60 miles), buy groceries. Finally I couldn't leave the house and I was having one panic attack upon another every 15 min. I was a capable person, well educated (Masters Degree), and did well at most things I tried. My husband took me to our family Doctor who promptly put me on Clonazepam 2 mg. I was relieved immediately and 23 yrs later am greatful for this miracle I take daily for panic attacks.

August 5, 2011 11:15 PM
Review by Aladdinsane: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: Clonazepam is very effective in controlling agitation and providing much needed rest for bipolar disorder. It takes away the racing thoughts and irritability associated with mania. I also suffer from very intense anxiety and 1mg to 2mg/day allow me to be functional without clouding my mind. I prefer Klonopin to Xanax or Ativan because it lasts longer (up to 12 hours) and I don't feel the craving between doses. Withdrawal from clonazepam is not as hard as some people say, it must be gradual. If that doesn't work, ask your physician to switch clonazepam to its equivalent in diazepam. I found it easier to reduce my clonazepam doses from 3mg/day to 1mg than to stop taking 200mg quetiapine/day.

August 2, 2011 3:10 PM
Review by Dr. Kathi: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Very effective. Same dose for 20 years. Lasts 15 to 18 hours. Used Lorazepam (Ativan) previously, but the effect faded within 8 hours.

July 31, 2011 10:15 PM
Review by lilwayne: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: I've been on 2mg Klonopins for 5 years now and it works great for my mood swings caused from bipolar disorder and it also works great for my anxiety and paranoia. It relaxes you and works good for stress also Klonopin works really good for several different things.

July 23, 2011 8:22 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: It did not work for me at all. I felt no difference and it did not bring my anxiety down.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 15, 2011 12:21 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: I have a very high stress job. My anxiety got to the point of me hating my job and ending up crying in the bathroom at work most days. I am now on 1mg a day and this is a miracle for my anxiety. No panic attacks and no anxiety at work. I can now function normally at work.

June 18, 2011 10:33 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Puts the kabosh on anxiety pretty well indeed. Nice because you can dissolve this medicine under your tongue (even with the "normal" type pill) if you get into a situation where you need it's effect quickly. Very potent anti-anxiety medicine.

June 6, 2011 9:00 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I was prescribed Klonopin for anxiety several months ago. The dose was 0.5 mg up to twice daily. Never having had it, I quartered a 0.5 mg tablet first dose. Seemed okay until a few hours later and I began coughing like mad. I have asthma. Klonopin made me cough and increased the thickness of the mucus in my lungs until it was almost impossible to cough it up. Just to be SURE it was the Klonopin and not something else, I have given it two other tries 1/4 of a 0.5 mg tablet. Each time the same results. I looked it up and "cough" is the 2nd most common side effect. FYI Naproxen and ibuprofen have the same effect on me.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 3, 2011 3:30 PM
Review by aislyn1960: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I have been on 1.5mgs of Klonopin for 17 years and it has given me a life. I have had panic disorder, OCD, depression, Tourettes and social phobias since birth. I gave the first 34 years of my life to these conditions, unable to work, raise my kids properly or leave an abusive marriage. While I agree that this is not a medicine for those who have an addictive personality, for those of us who merely want relief from panics, it is a miracle.

June 3, 2011 12:44 PM
Review by kemikalboi: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: I have been on Klonopin for over 6 yrs now. Has been working great. I take it for Bipolar Disorder and Panic Disorder without agoraphobia. I have had my times off of it, but also experiencing Epilepsy. I usually have seizures within 48 hrs of being off Klonopin. Needless to say I'm still taking it (0.5mg tabs 4 times daily). Works great, and it was the first benzodiazepine I've been prescribed and only one that works for me. I've tried Ativan, Xanax, Valium and Restoril. They all work great, but I'll always prefer Klonopin.

May 31, 2011 4:23 PM
Review by volynn: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I have been taking Klonopin for almost 3 years now. I take this medication for panic disorder, but I also suffer from bipolar disorder type I. Before this medication, I was very close to committing suicide because I was having horrible anxiety attacks that lasted for hours at a time and sometimes carried over into the next day/morning. Klonopin has eliminated my panic attacks. I still feel anxiety from time to time and that's when I take 1mg. I take half if I feel anxious at work and don't want to feel too tired. A dose of 1mg makes me tired most of the time. I've taken 2mg when necessary, never needing more than that.

May 14, 2011 9:29 PM
Review by ArIckP: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin has improved my quality of life exponentially. I feel as though it opened up this new world around me -- one that was always there, but I was just too nervous to experience it. It's also the only medication that helps me fall asleep fast without feeling groggy the next morning. That being said, it is a benzodiazepine, so taking it every day isn't a good idea, and the potential for addiction and tolerance is there. In combination with talk therapy, this medication can help you live a life free of fear and worry.

May 11, 2011 3:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Works great for anxiety.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 6, 2011 2:10 PM
Review by southernbell:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I have 4 children, a large family, full time jobs, pets, the works. I was taking it before the passing of my Dad and brother recently, and it works. It works quick, it is effective. I take 2mg about 1 hour before bedtime. It knocks me out to sleep (and I have to be knocked out) and it lasts over through the following day. It's been a life saver for me.

March 11, 2011 1:04 PM