User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Panic Disorder 93 reviews 19 medications

8.1
Summary of Klonopin reviews 368 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Klonopin

Review by rkya2121 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Panic Disorder: Honestly this medication is amazing. The only draw back is that some Dr.'s don't want to prescribe it because it is a controlled substance. I feel so normal when I take this. I deal with heavy anxiety. My panic attacks are an everyday battle. From the heart attack feeling, sweaty palms, closed throat, difficulty breathing, feeling like I'm dying and unable to work, drive, or get out of my bed this medication has given me my life back. I have 3 small children to care for and they need me! I am a much calmer mother. I have anger issues too. This medication helped me deal with my infuriating anxiety. I was so sick of feeling doomed and I hated feeling so weak. I have been on it for 6 Years. No complaints.

141 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2013 2:03 AM

Review by SunshineEmmy:

For Bipolar Disorder: Started taking this med for bipolar disorder and it's been working for 6 months it helps me rest at night. I have tried many other medicines but inconjunction with Wellbutrin antidepressant it seems to be great. I hope I never have another episode again and this will continue to work for me.

March 3, 2013 12:30 AM

Review by messy jessy:

For Anxiety: It helped with my anxiety more then any other medicine.

March 1, 2013 9:01 AM

Review by Paullan:

For Bipolar Disorder: Initially found I would wake up groggy but after a few days this really helped calm me. I take it in combination with Seroquel, Buspar and Wellbutrin. Coming off Effexor due to the sexual side effects and up to 75gm/day. Also on Adderall twice a day and find the combination helps me concentrate and feel much better about myself. Before this combination I was suicidal. Now, I even look forward to the next day. I can't guarantee this combination works for everyone but I've tried MANY with limited success so it's refreshing to know something is working and if I could help another person feel the way I feel.

February 15, 2013 9:37 PM

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: I take this for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder. It works but I have a hard time waking up in the morning. I tried to take it earlier in the evening and it still was hard to wake up. I don't feel like I got a good night sleep because I am groggy most of the day. I will talk to my doctor about different options. If it wasn't for this side effect, it works great for PLMD.

January 28, 2013 12:29 AM

Review by JAMIE J:

For Anxiety: This is the only medicine that has really taken my generalized anxiety disorder away with so many less side effects. I've had GAD just about all my life and am now 36. I have tried Celexa, Lexepro, Zoloft, Cymblata, Effexor, Wellbutrin, Buspar and find most of them are too stimulating or make me so tired with no ambition, or feel like I'm going crazy. I would self medicate and made my life even worse. I have been on Paxil on and off trying to get something that would work but the Paxil is the best for me for anxiety but I lost all my ambition, creativity, interest in just about everything. I would get so tired it's crazy. I would lose my sex drive.

January 25, 2013 10:44 AM

Review by Ori (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: Stops panic attacks dead in their tracks at a high enough dose, but even my prescribed dose is enough to calm things down after about 40 minutes so I can think. Doesn't help when I'm manic/hypomanic, but has stopped me from doing more than a couple of silly things while depressed.

January 19, 2013 7:45 PM

Review by anakinskyy (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: Helps balance anti-depressants with sleeplessness and twitching and stuff. Helps me calm down, take the edge off the other medicines. This is not to be used by itself for bipolar disorder. It's used in combination so don't take Klonopin and think it's going to help you that much. It works best with other medications.

January 19, 2013 6:06 PM

Review by kristten (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Bipolar Disorder: Love them they take anxiety and the bipolar away and I can finally sleep.

January 19, 2013 11:57 AM

Review by Quaalude (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Panic Disorder: After trying gobs of anti-depressants, Xanax and the like, Klonopin along with both Effexor and Inderal has obliterated ANY and ALL anxiety and disabling symptoms plaguing my life for YEARS. I am so happy to have found a sympathetic physician who listens to my strife and actually cares about my welfare as a patient. This combination has made me a NEW person with SO MANY opportunities in life. This medicine has been a lifesaver and so very happy I'm finally squared with my emotional and anxiety-ridden baggage. Not a SINGLE panic attack or anxiety attack since starting Klonopin. It's really a God send after so many years of struggling and would recommend to anyone a frank discussion with his/her physician for at least a trial.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2013 4:54 PM

Review by slightlynervy (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: I am so grateful to find other's who actually are thankful to this medicine. I have been beating myself up over taking it for the past two years, due to this new medication free obsession (which is good advice for some), but this is the ONLY medication that has made me feel better. Instead of going up in dosage, after being diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder two years ago, I have gone down (without even trying). This is an amazing and life saving medication to those who actually need it. I have suffered all my life and nothing else ever worked. Just a tip: if people tell you that you don't need this medication, think back to before you ever took it. 100 % satisfaction with this medicine!

125 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 25, 2012 10:17 AM

Review by charschu (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: Klonopin was great for helping me manage anxiety and panic attacks. Almost all medicines carry warnings about alcohol consumption, so many people like me and assume that moderate alcohol consumption is okay, and that warnings are just to limit liabilities of the manufacturers if someone drinks and has an incident. WARNING: DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE TAKING THIS MEDICATION. I did, and had what I now consider to be a near-death experience!" I found myself in a public restroom stall, and literally UNABLE TO MOVE for what seemed like hours. I remember feeling my heart beating what seemed like once every 4-5 seconds, and I couldn't even call out for help because I literally could not speak. I now feel very lucky to have survived.

December 18, 2012 10:58 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: Excellent finally some relief!

December 13, 2012 12:14 AM

Review by sergeantmama (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Panic Disorder: It did stop the uncontrollable panic from post traumatic stress disorder, but the side effects were unbearable for me. I had loss of appetite, uncontrollable weight loss, stomach pain, memory loss, headaches, dizziness, urinary pain, thinning hair, bad acne, depression, and constipation. It was so difficult to taper without severe withdrawals that I needed a 6 month tapering schedule. My dose was 1mg twice daily. I find that Valium or Xanax have less side effects.

December 11, 2012 5:19 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety: I have had a great experience with Klonopin. It has really saved my life. I tried Buspar and other SSRIs to help with my Anxiety but they never really took care of it. I was in a really bad funk about 6 months ago and the anxiety just kept building up. I went to my psych doc and she prescribed me Klonopin as needed at about 0.5mg a day. It makes me feel good through most days but with increased stress at work I feel I have to take a little more. I say, if it works take it. 10 out of 10 for me. It has given me back my life.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 7, 2012 5:10 PM

Review by Paul H. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: After suffering from anxiety and depression for over 30 years, I finally found a medication that helps me feel better. No side effects or weight gain.

November 23, 2012 11:52 PM

Review by Seattlemama (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: I was prescribed 2mg of Klonopin following my sons traumatic birth and the PTSD that followed. It was a lifesaver. I continue to take it as-needed and find it hugely beneficial. I have been on many other meds in the past for depression and anxiety and Klonopin is the only thing that works perfectly for me. Seems a small miracle to be able to treat my anxiety and maintain my weight and sex drive at the same time.

November 20, 2012 3:07 AM

Review by Yanks27 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety: This is the best medicine for anxiety I have been on it for a year and my doctor recently increased my dosage to 1mg 3 times a day. It had absolutely been a life saver. I would recommend it to anyone who suffers from anxiety or panic attacks.

October 24, 2012 7:57 PM

Review by anxiety panick girl (taken for 10 years or more):

For Panic Disorder: I have been taking Klonopin for MANY years. I started having weird feelings, like I was going to die, I kept ending up in the ER. The doctors kept telling me it was Anxiety. I DIDN'T understand why anxiety would make me feel this way. When the Anxiety would kick in, I literally thought I was dying. My heart would race, my body would get tingles and I would feel chokingness. It was scary and still is. I have tried many, many anxiety medicines, Paxil, Effexor, Xanax, Lamictal, Geodon, and many more. NONE have worked the way Klonopin works. With Klonopin I feel safe and I do not get the jittery feelings. I am so grateful to have a medication that actually works for me. If I miss a dose I will get severe anxiety and a panic attack.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 17, 2012 11:08 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: It works without side effects.

October 16, 2012 12:16 PM

Review by JenLynn1013 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Anxiety: I have had an extremely good experience with this medication. It works so well for my anxiety and panic disorder.

October 12, 2012 8:04 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Panic Disorder: This medication helps me to function and feel sane!

October 11, 2012 3:35 PM

Review by ILoveklonopin:

For Panic Disorder: I have massive panic attacks due to loss of close family and life problems. Klonopin is awesome I take 2mg tabs 3 times a day. Hope this is helpful

October 11, 2012 1:39 PM

Review by D-man (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: I was initially prescribed Klonopin (Clonazepam) for generalized anxiety disorder. It works very well, not Quite as Quick as Xanax, However It is well worth the wait. I also have panic disorder. It prevents them from happening in the first place. I developed a tolerance to the sedative effect after A month or two. 2 years strong. I take 1-8mgs a day. Use it sparingly. It has a long half life and stays in your body longer than alprazalam. I feel like Xanax lasts a few hours then rebounds.

September 26, 2012 4:51 PM

For Bipolar Disorder: I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar disorder and through the years extreme anxiety came along with it. I did not care for all the other bipolar medications. Mixing Prozac and Klonopin to treat the bipolar helps dramatically. I didn't even realize Klonopin is used for bipolar until I was on this site, and now I know that this is the right medication for my symptoms.

September 19, 2012 5:57 PM