User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Panic Disorder 101 reviews 19 medications

Periodic Limb Movement Disorder 11 reviews 13 medications

8.1
Summary of Klonopin reviews 400 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Klonopin

For Anxiety "I've suffered with depression, anxiety and panic along with various health problems. I have tried just about most medicines that claim to help with these problems. Nothing, until I tried Klonopin and it just changed so much about me. Although I will say in the beginning I felt very cheery and super friendly. Though that particular feeling has decreased it still controls my anxiety. And no side effects, only thing is that it doesn't help with sleep so I take a Seroquel instead at night.It also helps keep me calm when worrying over my bad health conditions. Found deep belly breathing can help while in the midst of a panic. I plan on staying on it. Take care."

emotional-problems August 13, 2013

For Panic Disorder "I have post traumatic stress disorder and PCs. My psychiatrist switched me from Ativan to clonazepam a few weeks ago. It is powerful and effective. I am prescribed 0.5mg 3X daily (and 200mg of sertraline). It lasts a LONG time and can take up to 4 hours to peak, so if you take 0.5mg, wait a half hour, (decide its not working) and take another half. I now take a quarter of a pill (0.25mg) at a time and give it at LEAST 2 hours to kick in (because I like being able to leave the house once in a while)."

S3E3 (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2013

For Anxiety "Klonopin has been instrumental in getting my anxiety disorder under control. I take 0.25 milligrams three times a day...taking 0.5mg at once is too much and causes me to be a space cadet. It doesn't work as well on my rare panic attacks, but I have found other ways to cope with breathing exercises and such. Without it I was nearly non-functioning and about to slip into a deep depression. It has leveled my mood swings and just made life much more bearable (even joyful!). I would much rather have dependency on this medicine and be happy than feel that I am constantly in crisis (and occasionally suicidal)."

CPep (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2013

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I take 0.5 mg twice daily - actually Xanax worked slightly better, but my doctor believes Klonopon has less risk of addiction, so he prescribed it for long term use, which I need to treat panic disorder. My panic disorder emerged as a young child and then went into remission from my twenties through my early forties, only to crop up again a few months ago. I take 100 mg of Zoloft for depression and the Klonopin for the panic and I have my life back. I do get a little tired each day, but my range of emotions are normal, not desperate, hopeless and fraught with terror of panic. These medicines area a God send and I thank God daily for them."

heidibsmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2013

"This med is usually prescribed for anxiety but I'm taking it for post-surgical nerve pain. It is truly a miracle. I take a tiny dose of 0.25mg and it lasts for 14-18 hours! The only downside to it is that it can cause dependency & you eventually get used to it and have to increase the dosage. For that reason alone I don't take it every day although I'd love to."

PattyP11 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2013

For Panic Disorder "Completely changed my life for the better. I've had panic attacks for as long as I can remember, literally. I should have been diagnosed at a young age and who knows how things would have turned out, BUT it does help tremendously. I get that doctors are hesitant to prescribe it because it is scheduled and realistically you will be on benzocdiazepines forever if you have serious panic problems like I do, and I know many of you know how debilitating this disease is. But what is better; intractable panic all day with your teeth being ground down and your BP 200/120, or being on a relatively harmless controlled substance that can give you a life? Not a hard choice to me!"

donaldeasterling (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 28, 2013

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Not sure if this qualifies as an anxiety attack, but not sure what else to call it. I'm 60 years old and have never suffered from anxiety or depression in the past. I'm active, lift weights, and train (a lot) to race competitively on bicycles. Almost every morning, driving to work (I'm a CFO), when I get about 20 to 15 minutes away, I break out in an uncontrollable sweat. I'll turn the AC on to 60 degrees turn all the vents on me. Still, by the time I get to work, my clothes are soaked! Doc said it seems reasonable to consider this an anxiety attack, regarding my work situation (it can be stressful). The sweating happens with incredible regularity. Klonopin made this go away. "

Richard, CPA, MBA (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have very high anxiety which makes my blood pressure go sky high and my pulse rate stay in the 120's. My Dr prescribed Klonopin and Valium at the same time to try to bring down my blood pressure and pulse rate. My breathing was bad and I hated being in the small waiting room. My biggest fear is driving but since she has put me on 1mg 4 times a day I feel amazing. I sometimes still don't want to leave the house though."

Jules1010 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 15, 2013

For Anxiety "This is the only medication that has ever taken away my anxiety completely. I was on it for 5 months and decided to try and quit the medication and it was the worst experience of my life. I now feel like I can't function anymore. My performance at work is slipping and I feel like I am losing my grip with my general anxiety disorder. I have tried Celexa, Zoloft, Lexapro and Remeron with no luck. This medication was a Godsend and when I was taking it I was only taking 0.5mg 1x a day. I did not feel like increasing the dose nor did I feel like I was addicted to it. I did not have a bad withdrawal coming off of it either, other than my anxiety has returned to the same levels it was prior to the medication. This medicine was a miracle for me."

Warchief (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2013

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I have generalized anxiety disorder. Before I was prescribed Klonopin I was at the verge of losing my job, house, even my family. I couldn't stop worrying, stressing and overwhelming myself. I had no energy to even play with my kids. Once I started taking this medicine it brought me back to living and enjoying life, family, even performing better at work. I really recommend this medicine if you have generalized anxiety disorder, it works like a miracle."

29yr old man (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 9, 2013

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Amazing, works well for panic attacks, etc."

Bashha (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 4, 2013

For Panic Disorder "I was diagnosed with bipolar at 12. Been on probably every medicine out there. At 20 got pregnant with my baby girl, after having her at 21 had crazy panic attacks and anxiety never in my life have I had that. I started on 2mg of Xanax 3x a day felt so doped. Went to Klonopins and they have even stopped my bipolar meds CRAZY! IT WORKS WONDERS, BEEN ON FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS. "

ash33112790 June 24, 2013

For Anxiety "Been on Klonopin for 3 years. Lifesaver, have panic attacks due to congenital heart defect. They label it chronic life long health condition always feeling panic that something drastic was going to happen. Klonopin gave me back my life. Take 0.5mg in the morning and 2 mg at night. Wonderful. Hope this helps. I've tried it all."

healycat (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 24, 2013

For Anxiety "Excellent for dealing with stress/ anxiety disorder if taken in proper doage (ie dosage prescribed)"

Alan45 June 9, 2013

For Anxiety "This has single handedly eradicated my free floating anxiety/stress issues. I have experienced occasional fatigue/sleepiness as the sole side effect. I'm able to function without worry and anxiety about anything. I was weery about trying it but it has been a God send. I have not taken it for any other purposes other than to rid unwanted anxiety and would recommend to anyone suffering with anxiety issues. "

Christopher L June 2, 2013

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Took this medicine for 12 years, then stopped for 2 years. Those 2 years off it I had a hard time with panic, sleep and anxiety. It has improved my life. And, you can take it long term with no side effects. I take 2 to 3 1mg tablets daily. Some people need help with daily living. Mental helps the physical!"

Carmel 58 May 26, 2013

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "46 years old and suffered from untreated anxiety since I was 12. Last December had my first panic attack and everything went to hell after that. Doc put me on 0.05 mg Klonopin 1 x a day which I split up and take one half in the morning and half before bed. Also take 10 mg Celexa as well, which seems to work well together with the Klonopin. Needless to say the last week since I've started these I've been better, more motivated and not so anxious, not to mention sleeping all the way through the night. People say don't take Klonopin daily or watch out for withdrawal from long term use? Why stop using it if it has been working for years? Think about what your life was like before using it..cannot have been pleasant. It helps some people live better."

Animal46 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2013

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I was switched from Xanax to Klonopin for anxiety by my doc because the Xanax was just making me feel ill and nauseated. The Klonopin is doing the same thing. I feel even more lethargic, weak, nauseated and tired during the day. The initial prescription is .25 per nite before bed. Since I wake up with the anxiety each morning, my doc agreed I could take it in the morning. On Mother's Day I had to take 2 pills and still didn't calm me down...for no reason! I had a great day planned and still had anxiety. I think after all these rave reviews I'll try it before bed again and see what happens in the morning. I just want to feel GOOD again!"

jen62 May 20, 2013

For Anxiety "After decades of debilitating anxiety, a psychiatrist put me on Klonopin. I have now been on this medication for about 15 years, and my anxiety rarely affects me anymore. Unlike other anxiety meds, I have not had to increase my dosage, and have absolutely no side effects. This medicine has been a life saver for me."

jdswanberg (taken for 10 years or more) May 16, 2013

For Panic Disorder "I have panic disorder....very effective."

liaa (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 6, 2013

For Seizure Prevention "I was prescribed this 6 months ago by an ER doctor after my first ever tonic clonic seizure. I'd been taking it for about 6 weeks before I could get an appointment with a neuro Dr. I was working, had no problems at all with it - actually was helping me sleep better and I didn't have any other seizures. The Dr took me off them & said it wasn't the right medicine. I tried 2 medicines by his suggestions and changed Dr's after bad reactions. The new doctor had me on 3 others that also gave me bad reactions - GUESS WHAT - now I'm back on them and I'm feeling like myself again & I'm not having any trouble at all. I just wish they would've listened to me to begin with."

sallymaebooth (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2013

For Anxiety "I suffer severe anxiety disorder and post traumatic stress disorder. These pills (1mg 3x daily) keep me calm enough to not worry about full blown panic attacks all the time. I take this in addition to a mild antidepressant. I take a low dose of Celexa and Buspar with this and it really keeps this under control for me."

lunarchyld (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 23, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder about 6 years ago and had my share of trying different medications to get it under control. After multiple trials with medicines my doctor finally found the right combination for me (Lexapro, lithium, (Depakote had sexual side effects), Synthroid, trazodone at night, multivitamins and B-1 vitamin). This combination worked great to get my mood swings under control. Once my mood swings were under control, I started having extreme anxiety attacks. I was then diagnosed with anxiety disorder as well. My doctor prescribed 0.75 mg Klonopin 3 times a day, as needed and it is a lifesaver. Klonopin knocks my anxiety down within 15 min. I have been taking it for 3 yrs with great results."

ohio*buckeyes (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2013

For Anxiety "Used to take 2 mgs three times per day with my old doctor, stopped for a year, and now I'm on 0.5mg three times a day. I built up a tolerance quickly, but when I have a panic attack 4 mgs stops it dead. I love Klonopin, it lasts longer than Xanax and doesn't give me a crazy hangover feeling the next day!"

Raanin (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 19, 2013

For Bipolar Disorder "I am bipolar on 500mg Lamictal, 1200mg gabapentin and prescribed Klonopin. I am prescribed to take it 1.0 two times a day but don't need to often. When I am hysterical or very angry in which I want to hit someone or tell them off which happens sometimes you take half usually and it works. I take a whole one if its too much to handle. I don't use it all the time sometimes not even for a week. It's wonderful for those out if control moments! Klonopin is much better for bipolar, to use than Xanax. Xanax had no effect in me at all!"

Wkumomma (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 13, 2013