User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Panic Disorder 87 reviews 19 medications

7.9
Summary of Klonopin reviews 319 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Klonopin

Review by astigmatism:

For Bipolar Disorder: I've been taking clonazepam off and on for 20 years at the lowest dose: 0.5 Mg. The script is take 1 up to 3 times a day, as needed. I take lamotrigine, 100mg twice a day as my primary mood stabilizer. But there are times when stress starts to overload my already noisy brain and that's when I take the clonazepam. There are side effects. If I've been taking it on a more or less daily basis for a while I get constipation, dry mouth and lack of coordination (I get wobbly a d bump into things or list to one side like a boat in a swell. It's momentary, though! Despite these side effects I continue to take it because it really helps me. Bipolar disorder is bad and this helps me function "normally".

April 4, 2012 1:53 AM

For Anxiety: Great for panic attacks. And helps to stop my mind from racing at bedtime. Been on it for almost 6 yrs.

March 25, 2012 9:20 PM

Review by Sleepytime1234:

For Insomnia: I have had insomnia for over 20 years. It had caused my overall health to decline, including chronic migraines, and depression. I have tried several medications but nothing worked. Other medicines would either make me anxious, groggy during the day, or have no affect. Finally, six years ago I was prescribed Klonopin. It was a miracle, finally I felt rested and happy. I was no longer tired, anxious or depressed. It also helped with my migraines and seizures. I know many people worry about staying on it long term, but to me the benefits out way any side effects (none found). To me, I'd rather take Klonopin the rest of my life, just like those who take aspirins daily for their heart, because it allows me to live a happy, productive life.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 22, 2012 2:47 PM

For Anxiety: It works really well.

March 20, 2012 1:39 PM

Review by amelia036:

For Anxiety: I have panic attacks and I stress myself to no end about everything, just can't seem to be calm down or assured about anything. Sometimes I don't even want to be around people or have conversations. This medicine is the best, its quick, calming and I feel warm cozy and happy again. Sleep really awesome too. No bad side effects. I take 2mg.

March 6, 2012 10:05 PM

Review by music453:

For Anxiety: I was crying all the time and sad a lot.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2012 11:33 AM

For Insomnia: I have chronic insomnia, have had for years. I think Klonopin does a good job for primary insomnia, I take 2 mg an hour before bed.

February 28, 2012 9:28 PM

Review by Anti Clonzapam:

For Panic Disorder: Clonazepam makes me dizzy, sick, chilled, headache, constipation, depressed, antisocial and constant nasal drip from my nose to throat. Not to mention starving all the time. I asked my dr because I go into fits of rage if there was something that she could give me to instantly calm me down. I've been on several mood stabilizors and they just arent working like they used to. So she prescribed me this.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2012 3:07 PM

Review by vhee:

For Panic Disorder: I've been on many medicines, from Depakote, Geodon, Lamictal, Wellbutrin, Buspar, Adderall, etc. and Klonopin has been the best hands down. Mind you I am 23 yrs old and a girl, my new doctor was appalled on all the medicines others put me on. The Klonopin works very well for me.

January 27, 2012 2:13 PM

Review by rocky0514:

For Panic Disorder: I had my first panic attack in college and it changed my life forever. I was initially put on Xanax to combat my anxiety, but it eventually took more and more doses to achieve the same affect. Another doctor took me off of Xanax and put me on Klonopin, he explained that it is not as addictive and does not have the peaks and valleys that the prior drug has. I would not get on highways, left hand turning lanes, big open spaces, or want to walk far away from my home. Klonopin gave me my life back and allows me to function as normally as possible. I still have some issues but for the most part I can lead a productive life. I take 2 half milligrams a day and that works for me. Thank goodness for the researchers that created Klonopin!

January 25, 2012 6:28 PM

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: Klonopin works WAY better for me, and with little to no side effects, unlike Requip or Mirapex.

January 23, 2012 9:36 PM

Review by sara12345:

For Anxiety: Klonopin has totally eliminated my irrational anxiety attacks. It has been prescribed for me for my myoclonus, a condition in which my body jerks uncontrollably the more relaxed that I get. So I take it every night. It is addictive, but I need it to sleep and with it has been this remarkable change with my anxiety. It's worth it.

January 22, 2012 3:40 AM

Review by N3GU:

For Panic Disorder: Tried many of the medicines for panic and severe anxiety. Klonopin works very well and doesn't make doing day to day things difficult by being "out of it". I have no side effects that I know of and I have taken it for 10 years now.

January 22, 2012 3:21 AM

For Anxiety: Klonopin is truly the best medication for anxiety and panic attacks! I just started taking 0.5mg yesterday and for the first time in years I am so happy and even smiling again. The anxiety is gone as well. Thank you for making this medicine!

January 17, 2012 7:52 PM

Review by Still restless:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I have suffered with restless legs for years and after trying many different drugs my Dr came across this one. I was reluctant as nothing else had worked. It was a miracle how well it worked. Finally I was able to sleep at night without the aching which I refereed to as Chinese torture. Then my Dr of 39 yrs decides to retire and the new Dr refuses to give it to me. There should be a law against a Dr retiring without a replacement and leaving you to just hope that the next Dr you get will give you refills on your medicines that you need.

January 16, 2012 7:12 PM

For Insomnia: I am a 48 year old woman and for the past couple of years I either never went to sleep or only slept a couple of hours each night. I am not a person who likes to take medication but found myself desperate because lack of sleep was interfering with the quality of my life. I am a teacher and mother so being sleep deprived was hard. I tried melatonin with little luck. A Dr. prescribed Ambien but I felt so groggy the next morning. Finally, a Dr. prescribed Klonopin 0.5 mg and even though I was reluctant, I was desperate and tried it. It worked the first night. I am able to get up in the middle of the night with my children if I need to. I awake feeling refreshed. It has changed my life. I do worry about long term use but will continue for now.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 15, 2012 6:36 PM

Review by Average guy:

For Anxiety: Also I forgot to mention in a previous review that timing is the key to these types of drugs. 1.5 hours is the time it takes to work for me but may vary with different people. Sometimes I get to my night class early and take a Klonopin well in advance so I wont be under the influence when I'm driving to class. Basically you have to experiment at first with the timing to get a feel of works best for you.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 27, 2011 11:10 AM

For Anxiety: It helps my anxiety 100%! Now I can be social and feel a lot better.

December 23, 2011 8:03 PM

Review by lovelife26:

For Panic Disorder: I've been taking Klonopin 0.5mg at bedtime for about 8 years. I'm only 108lbs so I don't need a huge dose. I've had no side effects and no panic attacks. There has been a handful of times that I have felt any generalized anxiety and I have been under extreme amounts of stress.

December 16, 2011 3:05 AM

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: I suffered from burning mouth syndrome (BMS), I was given prescription mouthwash. When that didn't work, the physician treated me for thrush. Nothing worked and I was miserable. At the time, the trials for Clonazepam (Klonopin) were under way but the results had not been published. I wrote to one of the people involved in the trial. They wrote me back and I gave the letter to my physician. He prescribed 1 MG of Clonazepam daily. I have taken this for many years now and have had no further bouts with BMS.

December 14, 2011 9:00 PM

For Panic Disorder: I've been diagnosed with panic disorder and post traumatic stress disorder. Two years ago my panic attacks got so bad that I'd wake up feeling like I was suffocating, dizzy, nauseated, with heart palpitations, numbness, and a sense of doom. I finally went to see a psychiatrist who, unlike my regular doctor, gave me a proper diagnosis and put me on Zoloft and Klonopin. I have gone from several attacks a day to none. It's a great medication.

December 9, 2011 10:38 PM

Review by Worried son:

For Anxiety: My mom was put on o.25 mg nightly Klonopin after having likely withdrawal and memory issues from Ambien. She experienced anxiety, panic attacks and random episodes of fright/panic and memory loss. The doctors of course raised the dose to 0.5mg given the anxiety and the symptoms got worse - more anxiety, random attacks and withdrawal symptoms in the morning. So they raised it to 0.75mg and she got even worse. I had to take control of the situation and spread the medicine out to 3x 0.25. This helped significantly but nervousness continued. The doctor not understanding her sensitivity decided to reduce the frequency, not the dose and this resulted in terrible withdrawal symptoms. Now using dissolved 0.125mg rapid dissolve tablets to titrate off.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 9, 2011 6:47 PM

Review by jamesjamin1986:

For Panic Disorder: This medicine is wonderful for people who suffer from panic attacks, any type of anxiety, or seizures. It has a double life. So its always in your system to help control the panic/anxiety attacks. It doesn't give you a high feeling. It just calms you down. It's a long acting benzodiazepine.

November 27, 2011 5:28 PM

For Anxiety: I find clonazepam makes me want to sleep and I have gained weight on it. I don't like it but just used for interim between antidepressants.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 31, 2011 8:16 PM

Review by Nightynight:

For Insomnia: I've been taking 0.5 mg of Klonopin for 1 1/2 years at bedtime. I've tried so many things to help me sleep. Most medicines never helped, some helped for awhile then stopped working. Klonopin is the best medicine for helping me get to sleep, stay asleep and not feel groggy or drugged in the morning. Being sleep deprived wreaks havoc on the body, mind and life in general.

October 26, 2011 4:29 PM