User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Klonopin review summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 64 medications used in the treatment of Bipolar Disorder.

Reviews for Klonopin to treat Bipolar Disorder

Review by bigbie (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Helped with the manic episode

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 29, 2014 11:31 AM

Review by stable gucurious (taken for 10 years or more):

It seemed to work well for the first year or so but I have been on it and am at the maximum dosage and now I have been on it for 10 years and it does not seem to help now.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 14, 2014 3:57 AM

Review by hollylaine:

I've been taking it for 2-3 years now and is the only thing that helps my panic attacks, consoling and other things just don't work for me. I was taking 1mg 3x a day but I'm down to 2x a day.

May 14, 2014 6:29 PM

Review by Mr/Gettin/By (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Like night and day. My Wife Loves my change in moods. I have also been able to stay on tasks 100% better.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2014 11:12 AM

Review by Strashine:

It really calms me down when I get acute panic attacks. Dr. allows me to take up to one 2 mg tab as needed during day. I do find myself taking up to 2 tabs a day and 1 at night to help with sleep. Nothing else seems to work.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 1, 2014 11:20 AM

Review by Jackie100480 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

It helps with my anxiety

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2014 1:19 AM

Review by big Jimmy long:

Takes away anxiety fast.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 20, 2014 12:24 AM

Review by BiPolar Bob (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Since I was 13 years old. Anxiety has been a severely debilitating issue in my life. It's destroyed most of the relationships in my life and stopped me from maturing as a person in terms of moving up in the job field. A lot of people would consider me weird, because of becoming Very reclusive due to my anxiety disorder. When I am on Klonopin... IT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! I have a lot of energy, motivation and I'm anxiety free. The most I've taken consecutively was 2mg for about 2 weeks and after stopping for about 2-3 days after that I'd never feel any withdrawal effects. This is usually the cycle I use. The quality of my life is drastically better on Benzodiazapine medication.

January 30, 2014 1:58 PM

Review by BPoppe (taken for 10 years or more):

I've used it on and off for 15 years. It works fast for my anxiety. While I only use it infrequently, it has always been safe and effective.

October 13, 2013 10:08 PM

Review by sweeetdee:

I started taking Klonopin recently, and I'm mixing it with Vybriid and Lamictal. It helps so much. At night it takes the edge off. I take 0.5mg, sometimes 1mg to help me out more. I haven't had as bad of racing thoughts while I'm trying to fall asleep and I end up sleeping like a baby. The after effects is a little bit of groggyness but it's worth it. The only thing that bothers me is that I feel like smoking cigarettes after I take it. Overall, it's great and stops the mania as well as depression.

September 29, 2013 2:38 AM

Review by blairhmn (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Great.

September 27, 2013 9:03 PM

Review by ohio*buckeyes (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder about 6 years ago and had my share of trying different medications to get it under control. After multiple trials with medicines my doctor finally found the right combination for me (Lexapro, lithium, (Depakote had sexual side effects), Synthroid, trazodone at night, multivitamins and B-1 vitamin). This combination worked great to get my mood swings under control. Once my mood swings were under control, I started having extreme anxiety attacks. I was then diagnosed with anxiety disorder as well. My doctor prescribed 0.75 mg Klonopin 3 times a day, as needed and it is a lifesaver. Klonopin knocks my anxiety down within 15 min. I have been taking it for 3 yrs with great results.

April 20, 2013 8:47 AM

Review by Wkumomma (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I am bipolar on 500mg Lamictal, 1200mg gabapentin and prescribed Klonopin. I am prescribed to take it 1.0 two times a day but don't need to often. When I am hysterical or very angry in which I want to hit someone or tell them off which happens sometimes you take half usually and it works. I take a whole one if its too much to handle. I don't use it all the time sometimes not even for a week. It's wonderful for those out if control moments! Klonopin is much better for bipolar, to use than Xanax. Xanax had no effect in me at all!

April 13, 2013 1:35 PM

Review by SunshineEmmy:

Started taking this med for bipolar disorder and it's been working for 6 months it helps me rest at night. I have tried many other medicines but inconjunction with Wellbutrin antidepressant it seems to be great. I hope I never have another episode again and this will continue to work for me.

March 3, 2013 12:30 AM

Review by Paullan:

Initially found I would wake up groggy but after a few days this really helped calm me. I take it in combination with Seroquel, Buspar and Wellbutrin. Coming off Effexor due to the sexual side effects and up to 75gm/day. Also on Adderall twice a day and find the combination helps me concentrate and feel much better about myself. Before this combination I was suicidal. Now, I even look forward to the next day. I can't guarantee this combination works for everyone but I've tried MANY with limited success so it's refreshing to know something is working and if I could help another person feel the way I feel.

February 15, 2013 9:37 PM

Review by Ori (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Stops panic attacks dead in their tracks at a high enough dose, but even my prescribed dose is enough to calm things down after about 40 minutes so I can think. Doesn't help when I'm manic/hypomanic, but has stopped me from doing more than a couple of silly things while depressed.

January 19, 2013 7:45 PM

Review by anakinskyy (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Helps balance anti-depressants with sleeplessness and twitching and stuff. Helps me calm down, take the edge off the other medicines. This is not to be used by itself for bipolar disorder. It's used in combination so don't take Klonopin and think it's going to help you that much. It works best with other medications.

January 19, 2013 6:06 PM

Review by kristten (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Love them they take anxiety and the bipolar away and I can finally sleep.

January 19, 2013 11:57 AM

I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar disorder and through the years extreme anxiety came along with it. I did not care for all the other bipolar medications. Mixing Prozac and Klonopin to treat the bipolar helps dramatically. I didn't even realize Klonopin is used for bipolar until I was on this site, and now I know that this is the right medication for my symptoms.

September 19, 2012 5:57 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Keeps you in the middle (not depressed or manic). No side effects other than being tired in the beginning. Helps with other medicines like lithium and Wellbutrin.

August 12, 2012 12:04 AM

Review by jason84 (taken for 10 years or more):

For me Klonopin 1mg 4x daily, has helped me from my social and overall anxiety with that being said for my nerves its a great medicine. In combination with my Lamictal 200mg it also helps keep my moods at a more even level especially my mania which I seem to have much more than depression.

May 28, 2012 8:01 AM

Review by astigmatism:

I've been taking clonazepam off and on for 20 years at the lowest dose: 0.5 Mg. The script is take 1 up to 3 times a day, as needed. I take lamotrigine, 100mg twice a day as my primary mood stabilizer. But there are times when stress starts to overload my already noisy brain and that's when I take the clonazepam. There are side effects. If I've been taking it on a more or less daily basis for a while I get constipation, dry mouth and lack of coordination (I get wobbly a d bump into things or list to one side like a boat in a swell. It's momentary, though! Despite these side effects I continue to take it because it really helps me. Bipolar disorder is bad and this helps me function "normally".

April 4, 2012 1:53 AM

Review by Aladdinsane:

Clonazepam is very effective in controlling agitation and providing much needed rest for bipolar disorder. It takes away the racing thoughts and irritability associated with mania. I also suffer from very intense anxiety and 1mg to 2mg/day allow me to be functional without clouding my mind. I prefer Klonopin to Xanax or Ativan because it lasts longer (up to 12 hours) and I don't feel the craving between doses. Withdrawal from clonazepam is not as hard as some people say, it must be gradual. If that doesn't work, ask your physician to switch clonazepam to its equivalent in diazepam. I found it easier to reduce my clonazepam doses from 3mg/day to 1mg than to stop taking 200mg quetiapine/day.

August 2, 2011 3:10 PM

Review by lilwayne:

I've been on 2mg Klonopins for 5 years now and it works great for my mood swings caused from bipolar disorder and it also works great for my anxiety and paranoia. It relaxes you and works good for stress also Klonopin works really good for several different things.

July 23, 2011 8:22 AM

I have a very high stress job. My anxiety got to the point of me hating my job and ending up crying in the bathroom at work most days. I am now on 1mg a day and this is a miracle for my anxiety. No panic attacks and no anxiety at work. I can now function normally at work.

June 18, 2011 10:33 AM