User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Klonopin review summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 64 medications used in the treatment of Bipolar Disorder.

Reviews for Klonopin to treat Bipolar Disorder

Review by Jackie100480 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

It helps with my anxiety

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 26, 2014 1:19 AM
Review by big Jimmy long: User Rating:

Takes away anxiety fast.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 20, 2014 12:24 AM
Review by BiPolar Bob (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Since I was 13 years old. Anxiety has been a severely debilitating issue in my life. It's destroyed most of the relationships in my life and stopped me from maturing as a person in terms of moving up in the job field. A lot of people would consider me weird, because of becoming Very reclusive due to my anxiety disorder. When I am on Klonopin... IT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! I have a lot of energy, motivation and I'm anxiety free. The most I've taken consecutively was 2mg for about 2 weeks and after stopping for about 2-3 days after that I'd never feel any withdrawal effects. This is usually the cycle I use. The quality of my life is drastically better on Benzodiazapine medication.

January 30, 2014 1:58 PM
Review by BPoppe (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

I've used it on and off for 15 years. It works fast for my anxiety. While I only use it infrequently, it has always been safe and effective.

October 13, 2013 10:08 PM
Review by sweeetdee: User Rating:

I started taking Klonopin recently, and I'm mixing it with Vybriid and Lamictal. It helps so much. At night it takes the edge off. I take 0.5mg, sometimes 1mg to help me out more. I haven't had as bad of racing thoughts while I'm trying to fall asleep and I end up sleeping like a baby. The after effects is a little bit of groggyness but it's worth it. The only thing that bothers me is that I feel like smoking cigarettes after I take it. Overall, it's great and stops the mania as well as depression.

September 29, 2013 2:38 AM
Review by blairhmn (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Great.

September 27, 2013 9:03 PM
Review by ohio*buckeyes (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder about 6 years ago and had my share of trying different medications to get it under control. After multiple trials with medicines my doctor finally found the right combination for me (Lexapro, lithium, (Depakote had sexual side effects), Synthroid, trazodone at night, multivitamins and B-1 vitamin). This combination worked great to get my mood swings under control. Once my mood swings were under control, I started having extreme anxiety attacks. I was then diagnosed with anxiety disorder as well. My doctor prescribed 0.75 mg Klonopin 3 times a day, as needed and it is a lifesaver. Klonopin knocks my anxiety down within 15 min. I have been taking it for 3 yrs with great results.

April 20, 2013 8:47 AM
Review by Wkumomma (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

I am bipolar on 500mg Lamictal, 1200mg gabapentin and prescribed Klonopin. I am prescribed to take it 1.0 two times a day but don't need to often. When I am hysterical or very angry in which I want to hit someone or tell them off which happens sometimes you take half usually and it works. I take a whole one if its too much to handle. I don't use it all the time sometimes not even for a week. It's wonderful for those out if control moments! Klonopin is much better for bipolar, to use than Xanax. Xanax had no effect in me at all!

April 13, 2013 1:35 PM
Review by SunshineEmmy: User Rating:

Started taking this med for bipolar disorder and it's been working for 6 months it helps me rest at night. I have tried many other medicines but inconjunction with Wellbutrin antidepressant it seems to be great. I hope I never have another episode again and this will continue to work for me.

March 3, 2013 12:30 AM
Review by Paullan: User Rating:

Initially found I would wake up groggy but after a few days this really helped calm me. I take it in combination with Seroquel, Buspar and Wellbutrin. Coming off Effexor due to the sexual side effects and up to 75gm/day. Also on Adderall twice a day and find the combination helps me concentrate and feel much better about myself. Before this combination I was suicidal. Now, I even look forward to the next day. I can't guarantee this combination works for everyone but I've tried MANY with limited success so it's refreshing to know something is working and if I could help another person feel the way I feel.

February 15, 2013 9:37 PM
Review by Ori (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Stops panic attacks dead in their tracks at a high enough dose, but even my prescribed dose is enough to calm things down after about 40 minutes so I can think. Doesn't help when I'm manic/hypomanic, but has stopped me from doing more than a couple of silly things while depressed.

January 19, 2013 7:45 PM
Review by anakinskyy (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Helps balance anti-depressants with sleeplessness and twitching and stuff. Helps me calm down, take the edge off the other medicines. This is not to be used by itself for bipolar disorder. It's used in combination so don't take Klonopin and think it's going to help you that much. It works best with other medications.

January 19, 2013 6:06 PM
Review by kristten (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Love them they take anxiety and the bipolar away and I can finally sleep.

January 19, 2013 11:57 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar disorder and through the years extreme anxiety came along with it. I did not care for all the other bipolar medications. Mixing Prozac and Klonopin to treat the bipolar helps dramatically. I didn't even realize Klonopin is used for bipolar until I was on this site, and now I know that this is the right medication for my symptoms.

September 19, 2012 5:57 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Keeps you in the middle (not depressed or manic). No side effects other than being tired in the beginning. Helps with other medicines like lithium and Wellbutrin.

August 12, 2012 12:04 AM
Review by jason84 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

For me Klonopin 1mg 4x daily, has helped me from my social and overall anxiety with that being said for my nerves its a great medicine. In combination with my Lamictal 200mg it also helps keep my moods at a more even level especially my mania which I seem to have much more than depression.

May 28, 2012 8:01 AM
Review by astigmatism: User Rating:

I've been taking clonazepam off and on for 20 years at the lowest dose: 0.5 Mg. The script is take 1 up to 3 times a day, as needed. I take lamotrigine, 100mg twice a day as my primary mood stabilizer. But there are times when stress starts to overload my already noisy brain and that's when I take the clonazepam. There are side effects. If I've been taking it on a more or less daily basis for a while I get constipation, dry mouth and lack of coordination (I get wobbly a d bump into things or list to one side like a boat in a swell. It's momentary, though! Despite these side effects I continue to take it because it really helps me. Bipolar disorder is bad and this helps me function "normally".

April 4, 2012 1:53 AM
Review by Aladdinsane: User Rating:

Clonazepam is very effective in controlling agitation and providing much needed rest for bipolar disorder. It takes away the racing thoughts and irritability associated with mania. I also suffer from very intense anxiety and 1mg to 2mg/day allow me to be functional without clouding my mind. I prefer Klonopin to Xanax or Ativan because it lasts longer (up to 12 hours) and I don't feel the craving between doses. Withdrawal from clonazepam is not as hard as some people say, it must be gradual. If that doesn't work, ask your physician to switch clonazepam to its equivalent in diazepam. I found it easier to reduce my clonazepam doses from 3mg/day to 1mg than to stop taking 200mg quetiapine/day.

August 2, 2011 3:10 PM
Review by lilwayne: User Rating:

I've been on 2mg Klonopins for 5 years now and it works great for my mood swings caused from bipolar disorder and it also works great for my anxiety and paranoia. It relaxes you and works good for stress also Klonopin works really good for several different things.

July 23, 2011 8:22 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I have a very high stress job. My anxiety got to the point of me hating my job and ending up crying in the bathroom at work most days. I am now on 1mg a day and this is a miracle for my anxiety. No panic attacks and no anxiety at work. I can now function normally at work.

June 18, 2011 10:33 AM
Review by kemikalboi: User Rating:

I have been on Klonopin for over 6 yrs now. Has been working great. I take it for Bipolar Disorder and Panic Disorder without agoraphobia. I have had my times off of it, but also experiencing Epilepsy. I usually have seizures within 48 hrs of being off Klonopin. Needless to say I'm still taking it (0.5mg tabs 4 times daily). Works great, and it was the first benzodiazepine I've been prescribed and only one that works for me. I've tried Ativan, Xanax, Valium and Restoril. They all work great, but I'll always prefer Klonopin.

May 31, 2011 4:23 PM

Klonopin is great. It controls my anxiety and my moods. It was the only medicine that could control my anxiety without making me want to fall asleep.

November 14, 2010 8:24 PM
Review by collinscj2009: User Rating:

I could stop using it without withdrawals and it didn't have the extreme highs and lows of most benzodiazepines.

October 4, 2010 8:11 AM
Review by PAULinVA: User Rating:

This is a wonder drug!

December 26, 2009 2:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Just started trying Klonopin, really helps me to feel less anxious and relaxed. Not as stressed as I usually am. Hope this lasts. I get great night sleep as well.

December 16, 2009 1:48 PM