User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Klonopin Review Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 49 medications used in the treatment of Bipolar Disorder.

Reviews for Klonopin to treat Bipolar Disorder

"I have been taking Wellbutrin SR for about 4 yrs. In combo with a few other different meds. I didn't think I would ever find my cocktail. But recently I do believe I finally have found it. So I'm on Wellbutrin SR, Seroquel, and Klonopin. I was taking Lamictal and Ativan before. But unfortunately got the Lamictal rash. I love the combo I have now. I have been sleeping like a baby. No more 100 miles an hour at bedtime."

JMarie Happy May 18, 2015

"Klonopin helps my social anxiety and generalized anxiety disorder associated with Bipolar Disorder I. I've been taking 1mg twice per day for 8 years and works great. I'm able to get things done without thinking something terrible is going to happen."

chrisbce (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 30, 2015

"I have bipolar 2 disorder and of course clonazepam remedies my anxious manic states with speed and grace."

Frozenaddict (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 20, 2015

"Prescribed 2mg 1x day take for sleep or rest for manic episodes. I had been going on 80 hours no sleep and no relief with current meds. Dr. Prescribed this immediately and within 90 minutes I was calmed down and able to sleep. Highly recommend for anyone who has had failure with other medications as I have."

moparguy (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2015

"Love this medicine. Great for bipolar and anxiety. I try not to use it all the time, it won't work the same if you take it all the time. This medicine is safe. I see some people have be on it for over 20 years!"

JakeFukk (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 22, 2014

"Helped with the manic episode"

bigbie (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 29, 2014

"It seemed to work well for the first year or so but I have been on it and am at the maximum dosage and now I have been on it for 10 years and it does not seem to help now."

stable gucurious (taken for 10 years or more) July 14, 2014

"I've been taking it for 2-3 years now and is the only thing that helps my panic attacks, consoling and other things just don't work for me. I was taking 1mg 3x a day but I'm down to 2x a day."

hollylaine May 14, 2014

"Like night and day. My Wife Loves my change in moods. I have also been able to stay on tasks 100% better."

Mr/Gettin/By (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 11, 2014

"It really calms me down when I get acute panic attacks. Dr. allows me to take up to one 2 mg tab as needed during day. I do find myself taking up to 2 tabs a day and 1 at night to help with sleep. Nothing else seems to work."

Strashine May 1, 2014

"It helps with my anxiety"

Jackie100480 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2014

"Takes away anxiety fast."

big Jimmy long February 20, 2014

"Since I was 13 years old. Anxiety has been a severely debilitating issue in my life. It's destroyed most of the relationships in my life and stopped me from maturing as a person in terms of moving up in the job field. A lot of people would consider me weird, because of becoming Very reclusive due to my anxiety disorder. When I am on Klonopin... IT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! I have a lot of energy, motivation and I'm anxiety free. The most I've taken consecutively was 2mg for about 2 weeks and after stopping for about 2-3 days after that I'd never feel any withdrawal effects. This is usually the cycle I use. The quality of my life is drastically better on Benzodiazapine medication."

BiPolar Bob (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 30, 2014

"I've used it on and off for 15 years. It works fast for my anxiety. While I only use it infrequently, it has always been safe and effective."

BPoppe (taken for 10 years or more) October 13, 2013

"I started taking Klonopin recently, and I'm mixing it with Vybriid and Lamictal. It helps so much. At night it takes the edge off. I take 0.5mg, sometimes 1mg to help me out more. I haven't had as bad of racing thoughts while I'm trying to fall asleep and I end up sleeping like a baby. The after effects is a little bit of groggyness but it's worth it. The only thing that bothers me is that I feel like smoking cigarettes after I take it. Overall, it's great and stops the mania as well as depression."

sweeetdee September 29, 2013

"Great."

blairhmn (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 27, 2013

"I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder about 6 years ago and had my share of trying different medications to get it under control. After multiple trials with medicines my doctor finally found the right combination for me (Lexapro, lithium, (Depakote had sexual side effects), Synthroid, trazodone at night, multivitamins and B-1 vitamin). This combination worked great to get my mood swings under control. Once my mood swings were under control, I started having extreme anxiety attacks. I was then diagnosed with anxiety disorder as well. My doctor prescribed 0.75 mg Klonopin 3 times a day, as needed and it is a lifesaver. Klonopin knocks my anxiety down within 15 min. I have been taking it for 3 yrs with great results."

ohio*buckeyes (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2013

"I am bipolar on 500mg Lamictal, 1200mg gabapentin and prescribed Klonopin. I am prescribed to take it 1.0 two times a day but don't need to often. When I am hysterical or very angry in which I want to hit someone or tell them off which happens sometimes you take half usually and it works. I take a whole one if its too much to handle. I don't use it all the time sometimes not even for a week. It's wonderful for those out if control moments! Klonopin is much better for bipolar, to use than Xanax. Xanax had no effect in me at all!"

Wkumomma (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 13, 2013

"Started taking this med for bipolar disorder and it's been working for 6 months it helps me rest at night. I have tried many other medicines but inconjunction with Wellbutrin antidepressant it seems to be great. I hope I never have another episode again and this will continue to work for me."

SunshineEmmy March 3, 2013

"Initially found I would wake up groggy but after a few days this really helped calm me. I take it in combination with Seroquel, Buspar and Wellbutrin. Coming off Effexor due to the sexual side effects and up to 75gm/day. Also on Adderall twice a day and find the combination helps me concentrate and feel much better about myself. Before this combination I was suicidal. Now, I even look forward to the next day. I can't guarantee this combination works for everyone but I've tried MANY with limited success so it's refreshing to know something is working and if I could help another person feel the way I feel."

Paullan February 15, 2013

"Stops panic attacks dead in their tracks at a high enough dose, but even my prescribed dose is enough to calm things down after about 40 minutes so I can think. Doesn't help when I'm manic/hypomanic, but has stopped me from doing more than a couple of silly things while depressed."

Ori (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 19, 2013

"Helps balance anti-depressants with sleeplessness and twitching and stuff. Helps me calm down, take the edge off the other medicines. This is not to be used by itself for bipolar disorder. It's used in combination so don't take Klonopin and think it's going to help you that much. It works best with other medications."

anakinskyy (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 19, 2013

"Love them they take anxiety and the bipolar away and I can finally sleep."

kristten (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 19, 2013

"I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar disorder and through the years extreme anxiety came along with it. I did not care for all the other bipolar medications. Mixing Prozac and Klonopin to treat the bipolar helps dramatically. I didn't even realize Klonopin is used for bipolar until I was on this site, and now I know that this is the right medication for my symptoms."

Anonymous September 19, 2012

"Keeps you in the middle (not depressed or manic). No side effects other than being tired in the beginning. Helps with other medicines like lithium and Wellbutrin."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 12, 2012