Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Klonopin review summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 101 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Klonopin to treat Anxiety

Review by sag34mom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I take this for anxiety and only a low dose of 0.25mg (half of a 0.5mg) and it works wonders and I am VERY sensitive to medicines. Only take the lowest dose you need and you won't experience side effects.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 9, 2014 1:03 PM

Review by playboybuddyrose (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Works great for my anxiety but I have bad cases of diarrhea. I take 1mg twice a day, also on Seroquel 400 mg.

February 28, 2014 4:55 PM

Review by TaraBolduc:

You can take it during any anxiety issue within 20mins I noticed the difference it made. In seven yrs I've been able to do so much more. I would call it the miracle pill.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2014 12:41 PM

Review by bil123:

I've had GAD for 30 years. The last 5 years it's gotten worse, my normal techniques weren't working anymore and I needed help. I take the smallest amount of Klonopin 0.25 mg once per day and it level's things out.

January 13, 2014 11:22 AM

Review by mrdjm365 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

A very effective medicine, that needs to be used with care and caution. I wouldn't take more than 1mg per day, and my doctor will not prescribe any higher dose. I take it in combination with Lexapro, and my anxiety is nearly obliterated. I would say be very careful, though, about dosage.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 26, 2013 4:17 PM

Review by lady38 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

It is wonderful. I only wish I knew about it sooner.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 18, 2013 9:11 PM

Review by KlonopinInfo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin is a great, I went through trial and error to get it but my doctor finally prescribed it! Been on it for 2 months and it's been great, but people you still need to learn to cope while on it, it's not just a miracle pill. I give it a 9/10.

December 14, 2013 7:15 PM

Review by Ashes2ashes:

I was placed on 150mg x2 a day Wellbutrin & 0.5mg Klonopin X 2 a day. Wellbutrin gave me the initial energy I needed to stay awake. At one point I didn't have enough Klonopin to get me through so I cut my dosage in 1/2 for the Klonopin to 0.5mg. Wellbutrin was overpowering it made me too hyperactive and made my anxiety rage so I stopped taking it and it helped calm me down. My depression disappeared and my anxiety leveled out. Since, I%u2019ve been back on 0.5mg x 2 a day, extra as needed and stayed off the Wellbutrin. The depression hasn't come back yet. If I forget to take Klonopin for more than a day I start losing my thoughts mid-sentence and I forget everything that I%u2019m trying to say. Then my anxiety comes back and I%u2019m a mess until I take it.

December 14, 2013 1:33 PM

Review by Gjgbjug:

Panic attacks and anxiety run in my family, and this helped me big time. I was scared to take any medicines after having a bad experience with another anxiety medication, but I took it finally and day three of my panic attack/no sleep was over! I could eat again and finally crack a smile. It did make me sleepy, and it felt a tad funny to walk. I only took them before bed to sleep unless I really needed it. It restored my confidence that I could be happy again and made me feel comfy just knowing I had them on me. I am off of them for now and on a different anxiety pill, because my doc didn't want me to become dependent on them. I do keep one or two in my purse for emergencies.

December 12, 2013 10:19 PM

Review by WhiteRook (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin works pretty well at low doses (2-4 mg). I'm 46 6'4' 260 lbs. Higher doses just make me drool and shuffle, and cause horribly painful foot cramps if I miss a dose or two. Low dose, no problems. One wicked side effect is memory loss and speed of comprehension. Sleep is better. Withdrawal is pretty easy at low doses. Taper from high doses. It also was a major asset discontinuing opiates, and their various temporary-but-forever withdrawal effects.

November 26, 2013 9:53 PM

Review by Anonomys23:

I take 2mg Klonopin 4-5 times daily along with Adderall XR 20mg 2 each morning. The combination of the two works great. I suffer from BiPolar disorder, Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and ADHD. I would get so bad I would lock myself in my room at home and cry my eyeballs out, afraid to speak to people, just full blown terrible anxiety. Klonopin is very effective if taken properly. Its a miracle medicine. I used to just be on Xanax 1mg 5 times daily and it started making me angry and aggressive. Some people react different to medications. Klonopin controls my mood, stops the worst anxiety you ever experienced in its tracks. Wonderful medication with just drowsiness as a side effect.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 26, 2013 6:51 AM

Review by Gary321 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Please, please, please do your research before ever taking Klonopin or any drug in the benzodiazepine family. Klonopin has caused me great hardship and nearly cost me my life. And I am not alone - thousands of people have had horrific experiences with this drug. Please search "benzo withdrawal" or similar to educate yourself. Looking back, my original anxiety was nothing compared to the torture I went through once I was addicted to klonopin. And I am not through it yet. Words can not explain the horror I went through. That is why I beg you to do your own research. Most doctors don't know or are in denial about the withdrawal effects of benzodiazepines. The stories you will find are not lies or exaggerations. Buyer beware! Please!!

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2013 12:39 PM

Review by Andy (19 years old) (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Anxiety disorder runs in my family, and Klonopin has done us wonders. I suffered a severe car accident 10/2012. Quit my job, quit fall-term, and became paralyzed from Anxiety. Initial dose was 0.5mg 2X a day. I discovered, LESS IS MORE. Now I only take 0.5 mg 2X a day, and it helps me be Andy. Klonopin is addictive. 20mg is max dose for epilepsy. 4mg/ day max for anxiety. 1mg/day in studies is shown to be most effective for anxiety. Take it as prescribed. DON'T, TAKE MORE. If you don't have epilepsy. BELIEVE ME! Benzodiazepines should be used with caution.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 28, 2013 8:06 AM

Review by ExperienceSpeaking (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I think Klonopin is the bottom-of-the-barrel of benzodiazepine anti-anxiety/anti-panic medicines. This is from personal experience with it & other benzodiazepines. Klonopin, for one thing, lacks the muscle-relaxant effect that's an additonal benefit of other benzodizepines such as Valium (diazepam). But what's worse is that Klonopin caused me to lose 2 jobs. It has this strange effect of prompting me to 'speak my mind' -- a little too much! Not the case with Valium, which has a much more pleasant effect. With further research I found out that Klonopin was intially marketed for seizure disorders *only*. But, because it didn't sell well for that, the company basically pushed into the anti-anxiety market. There's much better out there.

October 26, 2013 4:49 PM

Review by J.M. Carson JR. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

im 25yrs of age and have been on prescription benzodiazepines since the age of 16, mostly for panic attacks and GAD. I started on klonopin 0.5 BID and in the last nine years you could imagine the roller coaster ride it has been. Xanax 2mg po qid. Ativan 2mg po tid. valium 10mg po tid.(all at separate times) and the valium I was on 2 years up until 2 months ago. it started to quit working. I hated the Xanax and Ativan but the valium saved my life, it was a bitter sweet ending. and 2 months in now on klonopin 1mg qam. then 2mg qhs. miracle medicine!!!! highly recommend this medication for severe to chonic GAD, panic attacks, insomnia associated with stress and I could just go on and on. cant say enough about this medicine that gave hope!

October 23, 2013 10:54 PM

Review by Jules1925:

I was put on Klonopin about 8 months ago...My bp would not come down with lisipril so the Dr put me on Klons, Valium, and Lexapro to stop whatever was going on... She stopped the valium but im still on the lexapro and klons...Im prescribed 90 klons 1mg a month and 60 10mgs lexapros a month...Well those didnt work but the lexapro and klons did with my anxiety but now im on Azor 10/40 again to try to get it down...Anxiety sucks and I dont wish it on my worst enemy... Well maybe...lol

October 21, 2013 10:40 PM

Review by Smitty85:

Helps me have less panic attacks which helps me be less violent. No more non-stop fighting.

October 2, 2013 10:37 PM

Review by Claytz86 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I took this for social anxiety disorder. During my time on clonazepam, I felt like I could go out and do things and enjoy things to a higher degree, and not feel afraid that others might judge or criticize me. Overall, I felt calmer as a person. Sadly, it is expensive and I am not on it anymore and the severe anxiety has come back.

September 25, 2013 11:42 AM

Review by maggenpie:

I have been on Klonopin for 20 years. I've only had to up the dosage once, from 0.5mg to 1 mg per day. Before I took it I started having uncontrollable panic attacks, loss of appetite, lack of concentration. Klonopin worked instantly. I went from no appetite, to being able to eat normally again. There has only been one short period in my life during those 20 years, when my circumstances were so overwhelming that the panic attacks re-occurred, and I would sometimes take an extra dose. This medicine has been a life saver for me. In all those years I have only lost 2 days of work because of anxiety related illness. I thank the doctor who put me on this and who keeps monitoring me to see that I am OK.

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 11, 2013 10:53 PM

Review by OCD and anxiety (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I had a health issue that printed severe anxiety 2 plus years ago. I tried a couple of SSRI's. They made me feel worse. This is the ONLY medication that helps me to feel normal. Also battled insomnia for 15 years and took nothing for it. Now with Klonopin I sleep. I also have a fear of medication /building up tolerance but physical impact of stress I have been told is worse for my mind and body. The life saving plus no side effect profile of this medicine is amazing. I just hope I can continue to take it long term because without it I would be in far worse shape. Thank you for all the rave reviews nice to know I am not alone in my love for this medicine. And this is from a medication averse, workout everyday, eat right person.

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2013 2:28 PM

Review by jeric (taken for 1 to 6 months):

It really works for my anxiety.

August 27, 2013 3:19 AM

Review by emotional-problems:

I've suffered with depression, anxiety and panic along with various health problems. I have tried just about most medicines that claim to help with these problems. Nothing, until I tried Klonopin and it just changed so much about me. Although I will say in the beginning I felt very cheery and super friendly. Though that particular feeling has decreased it still controls my anxiety. And no side effects, only thing is that it doesn't help with sleep so I take a Seroquel instead at night.It also helps keep me calm when worrying over my bad health conditions. Found deep belly breathing can help while in the midst of a panic. I plan on staying on it. Take care.

August 13, 2013 10:29 AM

Review by CPep (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin has been instrumental in getting my anxiety disorder under control. I take 0.25 milligrams three times a day...taking 0.5mg at once is too much and causes me to be a space cadet. It doesn't work as well on my rare panic attacks, but I have found other ways to cope with breathing exercises and such. Without it I was nearly non-functioning and about to slip into a deep depression. It has leveled my mood swings and just made life much more bearable (even joyful!). I would much rather have dependency on this medicine and be happy than feel that I am constantly in crisis (and occasionally suicidal).

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2013 9:36 PM

Review by Richard, CPA, MBA (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Not sure if this qualifies as an anxiety attack, but not sure what else to call it. I'm 60 years old and have never suffered from anxiety or depression in the past. I'm active, lift weights, and train (a lot) to race competitively on bicycles. Almost every morning, driving to work (I'm a CFO), when I get about 20 to 15 minutes away, I break out in an uncontrollable sweat. I'll turn the AC on to 60 degrees turn all the vents on me. Still, by the time I get to work, my clothes are soaked! Doc said it seems reasonable to consider this an anxiety attack, regarding my work situation (it can be stressful). The sweating happens with incredible regularity. Klonopin made this go away.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 19, 2013 11:22 AM

Review by Jules1010 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I have very high anxiety which makes my blood pressure go sky high and my pulse rate stay in the 120's. My Dr prescribed Klonopin and Valium at the same time to try to bring down my blood pressure and pulse rate. My breathing was bad and I hated being in the small waiting room. My biggest fear is driving but since she has put me on 1mg 4 times a day I feel amazing. I sometimes still don't want to leave the house though.

July 15, 2013 3:57 PM