User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Klonopin review summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 100 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Klonopin to treat Anxiety

Review by Andy (19 years old) (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Anxiety disorder runs in my family, and Klonopin has done us wonders. I suffered a severe car accident 10/2012. Quit my job, quit fall-term, and became paralyzed from Anxiety. Initial dose was 0.5mg 2X a day. I discovered, LESS IS MORE. Now I only take 0.5 mg 2X a day, and it helps me be Andy. Klonopin is addictive. 20mg is max dose for epilepsy. 4mg/ day max for anxiety. 1mg/day in studies is shown to be most effective for anxiety. Take it as prescribed. DON'T, TAKE MORE. If you don't have epilepsy. BELIEVE ME! Benzodiazepines should be used with caution.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 28, 2013 8:06 AM

Review by ExperienceSpeaking (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I think Klonopin is the bottom-of-the-barrel of benzodiazepine anti-anxiety/anti-panic medicines. This is from personal experience with it & other benzodiazepines. Klonopin, for one thing, lacks the muscle-relaxant effect that's an additonal benefit of other benzodizepines such as Valium (diazepam). But what's worse is that Klonopin caused me to lose 2 jobs. It has this strange effect of prompting me to 'speak my mind' -- a little too much! Not the case with Valium, which has a much more pleasant effect. With further research I found out that Klonopin was intially marketed for seizure disorders *only*. But, because it didn't sell well for that, the company basically pushed into the anti-anxiety market. There's much better out there.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2013 4:49 PM

Review by J.M. Carson JR. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

im 25yrs of age and have been on prescription benzodiazepines since the age of 16, mostly for panic attacks and GAD. I started on klonopin 0.5 BID and in the last nine years you could imagine the roller coaster ride it has been. Xanax 2mg po qid. Ativan 2mg po tid. valium 10mg po tid.(all at separate times) and the valium I was on 2 years up until 2 months ago. it started to quit working. I hated the Xanax and Ativan but the valium saved my life, it was a bitter sweet ending. and 2 months in now on klonopin 1mg qam. then 2mg qhs. miracle medicine!!!! highly recommend this medication for severe to chonic GAD, panic attacks, insomnia associated with stress and I could just go on and on. cant say enough about this medicine that gave hope!

October 23, 2013 10:54 PM

Review by Jules1925:

I was put on Klonopin about 8 months ago...My bp would not come down with lisipril so the Dr put me on Klons, Valium, and Lexapro to stop whatever was going on... She stopped the valium but im still on the lexapro and klons...Im prescribed 90 klons 1mg a month and 60 10mgs lexapros a month...Well those didnt work but the lexapro and klons did with my anxiety but now im on Azor 10/40 again to try to get it down...Anxiety sucks and I dont wish it on my worst enemy... Well maybe...lol

October 21, 2013 10:40 PM

Review by Smitty85:

Helps me have less panic attacks which helps me be less violent. No more non-stop fighting.

October 2, 2013 10:37 PM

Review by Claytz86 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I took this for social anxiety disorder. During my time on clonazepam, I felt like I could go out and do things and enjoy things to a higher degree, and not feel afraid that others might judge or criticize me. Overall, I felt calmer as a person. Sadly, it is expensive and I am not on it anymore and the severe anxiety has come back.

September 25, 2013 11:42 AM

Review by maggenpie:

I have been on Klonopin for 20 years. I've only had to up the dosage once, from 0.5mg to 1 mg per day. Before I took it I started having uncontrollable panic attacks, loss of appetite, lack of concentration. Klonopin worked instantly. I went from no appetite, to being able to eat normally again. There has only been one short period in my life during those 20 years, when my circumstances were so overwhelming that the panic attacks re-occurred, and I would sometimes take an extra dose. This medicine has been a life saver for me. In all those years I have only lost 2 days of work because of anxiety related illness. I thank the doctor who put me on this and who keeps monitoring me to see that I am OK.

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 11, 2013 10:53 PM

Review by OCD and anxiety (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I had a health issue that printed severe anxiety 2 plus years ago. I tried a couple of SSRI's. They made me feel worse. This is the ONLY medication that helps me to feel normal. Also battled insomnia for 15 years and took nothing for it. Now with Klonopin I sleep. I also have a fear of medication /building up tolerance but physical impact of stress I have been told is worse for my mind and body. The life saving plus no side effect profile of this medicine is amazing. I just hope I can continue to take it long term because without it I would be in far worse shape. Thank you for all the rave reviews nice to know I am not alone in my love for this medicine. And this is from a medication averse, workout everyday, eat right person.

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2013 2:28 PM

Review by jeric (taken for 1 to 6 months):

It really works for my anxiety.

August 27, 2013 3:19 AM

Review by emotional-problems:

I've suffered with depression, anxiety and panic along with various health problems. I have tried just about most medicines that claim to help with these problems. Nothing, until I tried Klonopin and it just changed so much about me. Although I will say in the beginning I felt very cheery and super friendly. Though that particular feeling has decreased it still controls my anxiety. And no side effects, only thing is that it doesn't help with sleep so I take a Seroquel instead at night.It also helps keep me calm when worrying over my bad health conditions. Found deep belly breathing can help while in the midst of a panic. I plan on staying on it. Take care.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2013 10:29 AM

Review by CPep (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin has been instrumental in getting my anxiety disorder under control. I take 0.25 milligrams three times a day...taking 0.5mg at once is too much and causes me to be a space cadet. It doesn't work as well on my rare panic attacks, but I have found other ways to cope with breathing exercises and such. Without it I was nearly non-functioning and about to slip into a deep depression. It has leveled my mood swings and just made life much more bearable (even joyful!). I would much rather have dependency on this medicine and be happy than feel that I am constantly in crisis (and occasionally suicidal).

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2013 9:36 PM

Review by Richard, CPA, MBA (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Not sure if this qualifies as an anxiety attack, but not sure what else to call it. I'm 60 years old and have never suffered from anxiety or depression in the past. I'm active, lift weights, and train (a lot) to race competitively on bicycles. Almost every morning, driving to work (I'm a CFO), when I get about 20 to 15 minutes away, I break out in an uncontrollable sweat. I'll turn the AC on to 60 degrees turn all the vents on me. Still, by the time I get to work, my clothes are soaked! Doc said it seems reasonable to consider this an anxiety attack, regarding my work situation (it can be stressful). The sweating happens with incredible regularity. Klonopin made this go away.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 19, 2013 11:22 AM

Review by Jules1010 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I have very high anxiety which makes my blood pressure go sky high and my pulse rate stay in the 120's. My Dr prescribed Klonopin and Valium at the same time to try to bring down my blood pressure and pulse rate. My breathing was bad and I hated being in the small waiting room. My biggest fear is driving but since she has put me on 1mg 4 times a day I feel amazing. I sometimes still don't want to leave the house though.

July 15, 2013 3:57 PM

Review by Warchief (taken for 1 to 6 months):

This is the only medication that has ever taken away my anxiety completely. I was on it for 5 months and decided to try and quit the medication and it was the worst experience of my life. I now feel like I can't function anymore. My performance at work is slipping and I feel like I am losing my grip with my general anxiety disorder. I have tried Celexa, Zoloft, Lexapro and Remeron with no luck. This medication was a Godsend and when I was taking it I was only taking 0.5mg 1x a day. I did not feel like increasing the dose nor did I feel like I was addicted to it. I did not have a bad withdrawal coming off of it either, other than my anxiety has returned to the same levels it was prior to the medication. This medicine was a miracle for me.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 12, 2013 10:18 PM

Review by 29yr old man (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I have generalized anxiety disorder. Before I was prescribed Klonopin I was at the verge of losing my job, house, even my family. I couldn't stop worrying, stressing and overwhelming myself. I had no energy to even play with my kids. Once I started taking this medicine it brought me back to living and enjoying life, family, even performing better at work. I really recommend this medicine if you have generalized anxiety disorder, it works like a miracle.

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 9, 2013 7:12 AM

Review by Bashha (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Amazing, works well for panic attacks, etc.

July 4, 2013 10:24 PM

Review by healycat (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Been on Klonopin for 3 years. Lifesaver, have panic attacks due to congenital heart defect. They label it chronic life long health condition always feeling panic that something drastic was going to happen. Klonopin gave me back my life. Take 0.5mg in the morning and 2 mg at night. Wonderful. Hope this helps. I've tried it all.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2013 12:00 AM

Review by Alan45:

Excellent for dealing with stress/ anxiety disorder if taken in proper doage (ie dosage prescribed)

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2013 12:43 AM

Review by Christopher L:

This has single handedly eradicated my free floating anxiety/stress issues. I have experienced occasional fatigue/sleepiness as the sole side effect. I'm able to function without worry and anxiety about anything. I was weery about trying it but it has been a God send. I have not taken it for any other purposes other than to rid unwanted anxiety and would recommend to anyone suffering with anxiety issues.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 2, 2013 6:07 PM

Review by Carmel 58:

Took this medicine for 12 years, then stopped for 2 years. Those 2 years off it I had a hard time with panic, sleep and anxiety. It has improved my life. And, you can take it long term with no side effects. I take 2 to 3 1mg tablets daily. Some people need help with daily living. Mental helps the physical!

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 26, 2013 10:58 PM

Review by jen62:

I was switched from Xanax to Klonopin for anxiety by my doc because the Xanax was just making me feel ill and nauseated. The Klonopin is doing the same thing. I feel even more lethargic, weak, nauseated and tired during the day. The initial prescription is .25 per nite before bed. Since I wake up with the anxiety each morning, my doc agreed I could take it in the morning. On Mother's Day I had to take 2 pills and still didn't calm me down...for no reason! I had a great day planned and still had anxiety. I think after all these rave reviews I'll try it before bed again and see what happens in the morning. I just want to feel GOOD again!

May 20, 2013 9:39 PM

Review by jdswanberg (taken for 10 years or more):

After decades of debilitating anxiety, a psychiatrist put me on Klonopin. I have now been on this medication for about 15 years, and my anxiety rarely affects me anymore. Unlike other anxiety meds, I have not had to increase my dosage, and have absolutely no side effects. This medicine has been a life saver for me.

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 16, 2013 8:55 PM

Review by lunarchyld (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I suffer severe anxiety disorder and post traumatic stress disorder. These pills (1mg 3x daily) keep me calm enough to not worry about full blown panic attacks all the time. I take this in addition to a mild antidepressant. I take a low dose of Celexa and Buspar with this and it really keeps this under control for me.

April 23, 2013 2:52 PM

Review by Raanin (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Used to take 2 mgs three times per day with my old doctor, stopped for a year, and now I'm on 0.5mg three times a day. I built up a tolerance quickly, but when I have a panic attack 4 mgs stops it dead. I love Klonopin, it lasts longer than Xanax and doesn't give me a crazy hangover feeling the next day!

April 19, 2013 8:58 PM

Review by Gentlebreeze (taken for 10 years or more):

This medication opened up a whole new world for me. I developed a very bad anxiety & panic disorder and lived with it for years. Therapy and many other medications did not help! Didn't notice much of a difference initially but by the time I was up to 1mg 3 times a day my life so greatly improved. I currently take another medication (Xanax). I was taken off the medication because I became an alcoholic. When I detoxed from alcohol I was immediately taken of Klonopin. My only concern for people that are taking it is that if they decide to stop, please withdraw from it properly by a gradual reduction over a period of time. The hospital took me off of it without gradually reducing it. The withdrawal was horrible!

April 7, 2013 9:09 PM