User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Klonopin review summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 100 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Klonopin to treat Anxiety

Review by slightlynervy (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

I am so grateful to find other's who actually are thankful to this medicine. I have been beating myself up over taking it for the past two years, due to this new medication free obsession (which is good advice for some), but this is the ONLY medication that has made me feel better. Instead of going up in dosage, after being diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder two years ago, I have gone down (without even trying). This is an amazing and life saving medication to those who actually need it. I have suffered all my life and nothing else ever worked. Just a tip: if people tell you that you don't need this medication, think back to before you ever took it. 100 % satisfaction with this medicine!

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 25, 2012 10:17 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I have had a great experience with Klonopin. It has really saved my life. I tried Buspar and other SSRIs to help with my Anxiety but they never really took care of it. I was in a really bad funk about 6 months ago and the anxiety just kept building up. I went to my psych doc and she prescribed me Klonopin as needed at about 0.5mg a day. It makes me feel good through most days but with increased stress at work I feel I have to take a little more. I say, if it works take it. 10 out of 10 for me. It has given me back my life.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 7, 2012 5:10 PM
Review by Seattlemama (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

I was prescribed 2mg of Klonopin following my sons traumatic birth and the PTSD that followed. It was a lifesaver. I continue to take it as-needed and find it hugely beneficial. I have been on many other meds in the past for depression and anxiety and Klonopin is the only thing that works perfectly for me. Seems a small miracle to be able to treat my anxiety and maintain my weight and sex drive at the same time.

November 20, 2012 3:07 AM
Review by Yanks27 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

This is the best medicine for anxiety I have been on it for a year and my doctor recently increased my dosage to 1mg 3 times a day. It had absolutely been a life saver. I would recommend it to anyone who suffers from anxiety or panic attacks.

October 24, 2012 7:57 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

It works without side effects.

October 16, 2012 12:16 PM
Review by JenLynn1013 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

I have had an extremely good experience with this medication. It works so well for my anxiety and panic disorder.

October 12, 2012 8:04 AM
Review by D-man (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

I was initially prescribed Klonopin (Clonazepam) for generalized anxiety disorder. It works very well, not Quite as Quick as Xanax, However It is well worth the wait. I also have panic disorder. It prevents them from happening in the first place. I developed a tolerance to the sedative effect after A month or two. 2 years strong. I take 1-8mgs a day. Use it sparingly. It has a long half life and stays in your body longer than alprazalam. I feel like Xanax lasts a few hours then rebounds.

September 26, 2012 4:51 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Sleep well at night.

September 18, 2012 1:24 PM
Review by Emackay690 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I had been prescribed Klonopin in the past to treat severe anxiety until my appointment with a psychiatrist who deemed that such an approach to my anxiety issues was heavy handed. He took me off of them and since then I've been on Lexapro, Buspar, Seroquel, Zoloft, Pristiq, Paxil, Atarax all to little or no avail. I moved to a different area and got a new Psychiatrist who diagnosed me with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. The original course of treatment for that was Ativan 0.5mg three times daily. I was switched to Xanax 1mg twice a day as needed. A couple of months passed by without substantial improvement and I was bumped to Xanax 1mg 3x day Doctor decided Klonopin would be a better approach earlier today. So far so good.

September 10, 2012 9:06 PM
Review by female/ 21 yr old (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Initially I started on citalopram 20 mg once a day. It was great for anxiety and my depression but I had no sex drive at all. My doctor changed me to Effexor 75 mg once a day for long term and was taking lorazepam 1mg as needed. My anxiety was not controlled. I had to take my lorazepam up to 3 times a day. Spoke to my doctor and I stayed on the Effexor but he switched me over to clonazepam 1 mg twice daily as needed. Lorazepam has a short life but clonazepam stays in your system way longer. Ever since I started on the clonazepam I feel so much better. There are days I only take 1mg at night and that's all I need.

September 10, 2012 7:01 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Great and effective medication while taking .25 to .50 mg once per day. I'm in Law Enforcement and have a tough time shutting off my mind now and then. Klonopin works very well at taking away the negative thinking and unrealistic worries. Cops tend to role play alot in their minds, with everything. What if this, what if that?? Sometimes it gets out of hand and the horrible feelings that come from that sort of continuous thinking can really take its toll. Klonopin takes that away for a much longer time than Xanax. I also take 20mg of Lexapro a day, been taking for about three months. It has helped to some degree as well and keeps me from having to take a higher dose of the Klonopin. But overall, I give Klonopin a 10.

September 5, 2012 8:26 PM
Review by chertheluv (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Klonopin has absolutely saved my life in more than one way, with it treating my anxiety and panic attacks. Before I was prescribed Klonopin I had severely withdrawn from almost every aspect of every day life. I was always a very outgoing positive and happy woman before my anxiety and isolation took over every aspect of my life. I just could not face the "real world" before Klonopin and now I have been completely able to live a normal, happy and productive life. It has helped with social anxiety which was what caused me to withdraw from every day life. I cannot praise enough the benefits to me personally. I can again live a happy existence and will never have a bad thing to say about it from own my personal experience.

August 29, 2012 4:22 AM
Review by julvanv (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Very good results and treatment outcomes for anxiety, and "social phobia."

August 11, 2012 3:24 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I'm a 48 year-old male, 6-2, 230lbs. I've been taking Klonopin off and on now for the last year. It works pretty well for anxiety and takes about 40 minutes to kick in. I take 0.25mg twice daily. I just started taking Lexapro 20mg and have been on it for about four weeks. Not sure if it's doing much. We'll see in about another 4 weeks if I can stop the Klonopin. I have to agree with others, Xanax works well and quickly, but leaves your system quicker and leaves you more anxious. Klonopin seems to be a little bit smoother and longer lasting about 3-4 hours at 0.25mg. This medicine gets a bad rap due to the people who abuse it. I'm in Law Enforcement and I see it every day who abuse these.

July 18, 2012 8:57 PM
Review by 420potsmoker420 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Works great.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 11, 2012 2:20 PM
Review by Jaylynn (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

I have had nothing but excellent results with this medication! Without any side effects! I would definitely recommend Klonopin to/for anybody having anxiety!

July 10, 2012 7:53 AM
Review by downtowncop (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I am a new user to Klonopin and wanted to share my experience because I know that people come to the net to figure out what's going to happen. I have generalized anxiety disorder and obsessive compulsive stress disorder and things were getting a little more out of hand than normal. I was on Citalopram, and finally got switched to Viibryd which I'm looking forward to seeing the benefits. Klonopin taken at night lowers the brain activity and allows me to sleep. Finished my third night on it and slept through 2 nights, not woken up once. Hasn't happened in 6 months. Its not a sleeping pill...its a calm the brain pill. Very happy I'm getting back to normal.

May 5, 2012 8:54 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I feel like Klonopin has turned my life around. I suffer from social anxiety. It has given me confidence in my job and in my everyday life. I feel in control and relaxed when I am on this medicine. It's similar to Xanax but it takes about 40 minutes to an hour to kick in and it lasts a lot longer. Being in crowds doesn't bother me as much. It sort of slows things down and doesn't make things so hectic and crazy. Although things may be going on around you, you seem to not notice it as much. It's unbelievable how different I feel. My dosage is 1mg total a day (super low). I found 0.5mg to be too much so I take 0.25 mg four times a day. I feel like myself again. I've had zero side effects with the exception of 0.5mg making me very drowsy.

May 3, 2012 7:24 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Klonopin (Clonazepam) was unique compared to Valium, Xanax & Ativan in its ability to remove rather than mask the symptoms and do so at a relatively small dose that remained effective (2 mg. once a day in the morning) without any need to increase the dosage, and without causing sedation or mental impairment. In fact - though I wasn't depressed per se - I subjectively experienced the lessening of my anxiety as positive and consequently my mood improved. This is an important medicine; its benefits are increased by open and honest communication between doctor and patient; thus avoiding the imposition of arbitrary time limits on the length of treatment.

April 21, 2012 6:29 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

I took Klonopin for ten years. Worked great for a few years but I developed a tolerance and over time, I developed worse anxiety and panic while on a steady dose.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 18, 2012 11:01 PM
Review by Happyface Chick: User Rating:

I have GAD, social phobia, and panic disorder. I'm prescribed 1 mg, 3x a day of Klonopin. Even after 2 years it still works very well for me. It lasts much longer than Xanax or Ativan, so I don't get that dreaded wearing off feeling. It's quite calming but you can still function normally. The drowsiness side effect wears off after a few weeks. Just be very careful to take it as prescribed as it definitely has a potential for abuse. Also, if you decide to stop taking it, wean yourself off slowly to avoid feeling horrible.

April 10, 2012 10:50 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Great for panic attacks. And helps to stop my mind from racing at bedtime. Been on it for almost 6 yrs.

March 25, 2012 9:20 PM

It works really well.

March 20, 2012 1:39 PM
Review by amelia036: User Rating:

I have panic attacks and I stress myself to no end about everything, just can't seem to be calm down or assured about anything. Sometimes I don't even want to be around people or have conversations. This medicine is the best, its quick, calming and I feel warm cozy and happy again. Sleep really awesome too. No bad side effects. I take 2mg.

March 6, 2012 10:05 PM
Review by music453: User Rating:

I was crying all the time and sad a lot.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate