User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Klonopin review summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 100 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Klonopin to treat Anxiety

Review by jdswanberg (taken for 10 years or more):

After decades of debilitating anxiety, a psychiatrist put me on Klonopin. I have now been on this medication for about 15 years, and my anxiety rarely affects me anymore. Unlike other anxiety meds, I have not had to increase my dosage, and have absolutely no side effects. This medicine has been a life saver for me.

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 16, 2013 8:55 PM

Review by lunarchyld (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I suffer severe anxiety disorder and post traumatic stress disorder. These pills (1mg 3x daily) keep me calm enough to not worry about full blown panic attacks all the time. I take this in addition to a mild antidepressant. I take a low dose of Celexa and Buspar with this and it really keeps this under control for me.

April 23, 2013 2:52 PM

Review by Raanin (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Used to take 2 mgs three times per day with my old doctor, stopped for a year, and now I'm on 0.5mg three times a day. I built up a tolerance quickly, but when I have a panic attack 4 mgs stops it dead. I love Klonopin, it lasts longer than Xanax and doesn't give me a crazy hangover feeling the next day!

April 19, 2013 8:58 PM

Review by Gentlebreeze (taken for 10 years or more):

This medication opened up a whole new world for me. I developed a very bad anxiety & panic disorder and lived with it for years. Therapy and many other medications did not help! Didn't notice much of a difference initially but by the time I was up to 1mg 3 times a day my life so greatly improved. I currently take another medication (Xanax). I was taken off the medication because I became an alcoholic. When I detoxed from alcohol I was immediately taken of Klonopin. My only concern for people that are taking it is that if they decide to stop, please withdraw from it properly by a gradual reduction over a period of time. The hospital took me off of it without gradually reducing it. The withdrawal was horrible!

April 7, 2013 9:09 PM

Review by juicyjo4:

I have been diagnosed with having panic & anxiety disorders and being bipolar. Klonopin helps me deal with that stress which is the greatest thing because I get to play with my kids a lot more now and take them places in large groups of people. Its helped my life improve, only take as directed.

March 31, 2013 12:59 AM

Review by savannie:

Okay so I have been on Klonopin for about 3 months and might I say it's AWESOME. I have severe anxiety and get panic attacks quite often which are bad and it finally got to point where I couldn't eat or sleep I basically couldn't function. When I first started taking it I was zonked out. They made me so tired but my tolerance has gone up so much and 3 doesn't even do anything to me now so that's the downside. On the up side when the dosage does work your anxiety is completely gone and you just feel so chill yet able to function (at least for me). Hopefully my dosage will be upped and I'll be happy again. I definitely recommend Klonopin as always be careful and have a wonderful day.

March 29, 2013 12:20 AM

Review by angelalala:

Works for me

March 24, 2013 3:26 AM

Review by jen.t (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I am 30yrs old. I have been taking Klonopin for 6 years, for severe anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder and bipolar disorder. Since I have been taking it for so long I have gotten a little immune to it. I started taking 0.5mg today I use 2mg 3x daily. When I first started taking it the effects were very strong. So I recommend you start at a lower dose. This medicine has been a life changer for me because now I finally feel like human. I have 2 small kids to look after and with this medicine I can function better in my daily life.

March 22, 2013 10:37 AM

Review by messy jessy:

It helped with my anxiety more then any other medicine.

March 1, 2013 9:01 AM

Review by JAMIE J:

This is the only medicine that has really taken my generalized anxiety disorder away with so many less side effects. I've had GAD just about all my life and am now 36. I have tried Celexa, Lexepro, Zoloft, Cymblata, Effexor, Wellbutrin, Buspar and find most of them are too stimulating or make me so tired with no ambition, or feel like I'm going crazy. I would self medicate and made my life even worse. I have been on Paxil on and off trying to get something that would work but the Paxil is the best for me for anxiety but I lost all my ambition, creativity, interest in just about everything. I would get so tired it's crazy. I would lose my sex drive.

January 25, 2013 10:44 AM

Review by slightlynervy (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I am so grateful to find other's who actually are thankful to this medicine. I have been beating myself up over taking it for the past two years, due to this new medication free obsession (which is good advice for some), but this is the ONLY medication that has made me feel better. Instead of going up in dosage, after being diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder two years ago, I have gone down (without even trying). This is an amazing and life saving medication to those who actually need it. I have suffered all my life and nothing else ever worked. Just a tip: if people tell you that you don't need this medication, think back to before you ever took it. 100 % satisfaction with this medicine!

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 25, 2012 10:17 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have had a great experience with Klonopin. It has really saved my life. I tried Buspar and other SSRIs to help with my Anxiety but they never really took care of it. I was in a really bad funk about 6 months ago and the anxiety just kept building up. I went to my psych doc and she prescribed me Klonopin as needed at about 0.5mg a day. It makes me feel good through most days but with increased stress at work I feel I have to take a little more. I say, if it works take it. 10 out of 10 for me. It has given me back my life.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 7, 2012 5:10 PM

Review by Seattlemama (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I was prescribed 2mg of Klonopin following my sons traumatic birth and the PTSD that followed. It was a lifesaver. I continue to take it as-needed and find it hugely beneficial. I have been on many other meds in the past for depression and anxiety and Klonopin is the only thing that works perfectly for me. Seems a small miracle to be able to treat my anxiety and maintain my weight and sex drive at the same time.

November 20, 2012 3:07 AM

Review by Yanks27 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

This is the best medicine for anxiety I have been on it for a year and my doctor recently increased my dosage to 1mg 3 times a day. It had absolutely been a life saver. I would recommend it to anyone who suffers from anxiety or panic attacks.

October 24, 2012 7:57 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

It works without side effects.

October 16, 2012 12:16 PM

Review by JenLynn1013 (taken for 10 years or more):

I have had an extremely good experience with this medication. It works so well for my anxiety and panic disorder.

October 12, 2012 8:04 AM

Review by D-man (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I was initially prescribed Klonopin (Clonazepam) for generalized anxiety disorder. It works very well, not Quite as Quick as Xanax, However It is well worth the wait. I also have panic disorder. It prevents them from happening in the first place. I developed a tolerance to the sedative effect after A month or two. 2 years strong. I take 1-8mgs a day. Use it sparingly. It has a long half life and stays in your body longer than alprazalam. I feel like Xanax lasts a few hours then rebounds.

September 26, 2012 4:51 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Sleep well at night.

September 18, 2012 1:24 PM

Review by Emackay690 (taken for less than 1 month):

I had been prescribed Klonopin in the past to treat severe anxiety until my appointment with a psychiatrist who deemed that such an approach to my anxiety issues was heavy handed. He took me off of them and since then I've been on Lexapro, Buspar, Seroquel, Zoloft, Pristiq, Paxil, Atarax all to little or no avail. I moved to a different area and got a new Psychiatrist who diagnosed me with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. The original course of treatment for that was Ativan 0.5mg three times daily. I was switched to Xanax 1mg twice a day as needed. A couple of months passed by without substantial improvement and I was bumped to Xanax 1mg 3x day Doctor decided Klonopin would be a better approach earlier today. So far so good.

September 10, 2012 9:06 PM

Review by female/ 21 yr old (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Initially I started on citalopram 20 mg once a day. It was great for anxiety and my depression but I had no sex drive at all. My doctor changed me to Effexor 75 mg once a day for long term and was taking lorazepam 1mg as needed. My anxiety was not controlled. I had to take my lorazepam up to 3 times a day. Spoke to my doctor and I stayed on the Effexor but he switched me over to clonazepam 1 mg twice daily as needed. Lorazepam has a short life but clonazepam stays in your system way longer. Ever since I started on the clonazepam I feel so much better. There are days I only take 1mg at night and that's all I need.

September 10, 2012 7:01 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Great and effective medication while taking .25 to .50 mg once per day. I'm in Law Enforcement and have a tough time shutting off my mind now and then. Klonopin works very well at taking away the negative thinking and unrealistic worries. Cops tend to role play alot in their minds, with everything. What if this, what if that?? Sometimes it gets out of hand and the horrible feelings that come from that sort of continuous thinking can really take its toll. Klonopin takes that away for a much longer time than Xanax. I also take 20mg of Lexapro a day, been taking for about three months. It has helped to some degree as well and keeps me from having to take a higher dose of the Klonopin. But overall, I give Klonopin a 10.

September 5, 2012 8:26 PM

Review by chertheluv (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin has absolutely saved my life in more than one way, with it treating my anxiety and panic attacks. Before I was prescribed Klonopin I had severely withdrawn from almost every aspect of every day life. I was always a very outgoing positive and happy woman before my anxiety and isolation took over every aspect of my life. I just could not face the "real world" before Klonopin and now I have been completely able to live a normal, happy and productive life. It has helped with social anxiety which was what caused me to withdraw from every day life. I cannot praise enough the benefits to me personally. I can again live a happy existence and will never have a bad thing to say about it from own my personal experience.

August 29, 2012 4:22 AM

Review by julvanv (taken for 10 years or more):

Very good results and treatment outcomes for anxiety, and "social phobia."

August 11, 2012 3:24 PM

I'm a 48 year-old male, 6-2, 230lbs. I've been taking Klonopin off and on now for the last year. It works pretty well for anxiety and takes about 40 minutes to kick in. I take 0.25mg twice daily. I just started taking Lexapro 20mg and have been on it for about four weeks. Not sure if it's doing much. We'll see in about another 4 weeks if I can stop the Klonopin. I have to agree with others, Xanax works well and quickly, but leaves your system quicker and leaves you more anxious. Klonopin seems to be a little bit smoother and longer lasting about 3-4 hours at 0.25mg. This medicine gets a bad rap due to the people who abuse it. I'm in Law Enforcement and I see it every day who abuse these.

July 18, 2012 8:57 PM