User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Klonopin Review Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 100 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Klonopin to treat Anxiety

"Good medicine."

Sill April 26, 2014

"Clonazepam is a wonderful medicine that stops all the bad feelings like, anxiety, feeling of impending doom or just nervous but you don't know why, its in the pit of your stomach, a nauseated twisted feeling in your gut that won't go away. Good news clonazepam is wonderful for these feelings, 2 mg 4 times a day and maybe a Halcion for sleep, you won't get so nervous and you will feel comfortable in your own skin."

lue Cypher (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 24, 2014

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This is a miracle for me. I have experienced abrupt withdrawal, but that was my fault and all that happened was my vision was extremely blurred and I was in bed a few days. Do not drink with this medication, take it AS needed instead of all the time, then you won't have withdrawals if you forget to take it. I don't understand why this old trusted medication isn't prescribed more often, it never produced "euphoria" or anything like that for me or anyone I know on it - but it's dangerous with alcohol I guess and so many people drink. I've been on 6mg a day - which I found way too much and went down to 2mg on my own."

Takenitall1234 April 16, 2014

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Started this medicine a month ago and I have to say the low dose of 0.5mg has changed my day to day life!"

sarag1977 April 8, 2014

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I began getting severe panic attacks in the middle of the night every night. Not just regular sleep pattern problems. But waking up wanting to be dead. This went on for a couple years until I could not bare it anymore. My doctor prescribed me Klonopin and it has done the trick. Previous to Klonopin I tried Ambien, Ambien XL, and Seroquel. I personally think it's a good idea to follow your doctors instructions and start with the more mild medicine. But to those who warn of the withdrawal symptoms of Klonopin. I have to say that opinion does not apply to all. Not wanting to die in the middle of the night every night for 2 years is such a benefit to me that I will risk the withdrawal symptoms that may come with stopping later down the road."

WendyDee April 2, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"For the past few years I have been suffering from severe anxiety and depression, when my Doctor put me on 0.5 mg I didn't know if it would help or not, but in just a month or 2, my life has changed a lot for the better. I've been more self confident, and going out more. It really does help. As people have mentioned before take the lowest dosage that suits you. It really is a great treatment for anxiety. Though everyone is different, if you're running out of options you should definitely ask your Doctor about it!"

Alayska March 22, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Klonopin has been a wonderful medication for me. I'm a young male who gets social anxiety, and overall anxious feelings about situational matters that I just couldn't stop. Well, I take 0.5 mg of Klonopin once daily and haven't had a hint of social nor general anxiety since. I can now focus on school, interact with others with confidence, sleep well at night, and enjoy my life again.The medication gives you a steady sense of calm and tranquility WITHOUT making you feel sedated (at least it does for me), and its effects lasts between 6-8 hours! Xanax worked as well, but it made me too sedated to adequately perform my daily schedules, plus didn't last as long. "

JohnnyEuro1 March 21, 2014

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've had anxiety for over 30 years, I'm in my 50's. I've been on Effexor and a few other antidepressants, which helped some, but sexual side effects were weird. I reluctantly started Klonopin about 6 months ago but was afraid of the addictive properties of it. So I started on a real low dose 0.125 mg, once a day. And some days I take the another 0.125 mg. totaling 0.25mg per day. I'll admit it helps a lot. It makes me feel like myself again. It doesn't stop the scary thoughts and stupid fears that I have, but I don't react as poorly to them. I'm hoping I don't have to increase my dosage, but figure I have a lot of room to go up if I do. Still wish I didn't have to take them but this winter was rough and I needed some help until the sun shines again."

willingtotry March 20, 2014

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Klonopin definitely has a smoother onset and longer duration than Xanax. Some tolerance can develop on long term usage so try to keep the dose as low as possible. Great benzodiazepine, wipes out anxiety once you figure out the right dosage for you."

Nick Gehringer (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 15, 2014

"Started low dose of 0.25mg and it has changed my life! Only take lowest dose needed and work with a therapist because medicine doesn't do all the work..YOU have to as well."

sarag7977 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2014

"I take this for anxiety and only a low dose of 0.25mg (half of a 0.5mg) and it works wonders and I am VERY sensitive to medicines. Only take the lowest dose you need and you won't experience side effects."

sag34mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2014

"Works great for my anxiety but I have bad cases of diarrhea. I take 1mg twice a day, also on Seroquel 400 mg."

playboybuddyrose (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2014

"You can take it during any anxiety issue within 20mins I noticed the difference it made. In seven yrs I've been able to do so much more. I would call it the miracle pill."

TaraBolduc February 27, 2014

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've had GAD for 30 years. The last 5 years it's gotten worse, my normal techniques weren't working anymore and I needed help. I take the smallest amount of Klonopin 0.25 mg once per day and it level's things out. "

bil123 January 13, 2014

"A very effective medicine, that needs to be used with care and caution. I wouldn't take more than 1mg per day, and my doctor will not prescribe any higher dose. I take it in combination with Lexapro, and my anxiety is nearly obliterated. I would say be very careful, though, about dosage."

mrdjm365 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2013

"It is wonderful. I only wish I knew about it sooner."

lady38 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2013

"Klonopin is a great, I went through trial and error to get it but my doctor finally prescribed it! Been on it for 2 months and it's been great, but people you still need to learn to cope while on it, it's not just a miracle pill. I give it a 9/10."

KlonopinInfo (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2013

"I was placed on 150mg x2 a day Wellbutrin & 0.5mg Klonopin X 2 a day. Wellbutrin gave me the initial energy I needed to stay awake. At one point I didn't have enough Klonopin to get me through so I cut my dosage in 1/2 for the Klonopin to 0.5mg. Wellbutrin was overpowering it made me too hyperactive and made my anxiety rage so I stopped taking it and it helped calm me down. My depression disappeared and my anxiety leveled out. Since, I%u2019ve been back on 0.5mg x 2 a day, extra as needed and stayed off the Wellbutrin. The depression hasn't come back yet. If I forget to take Klonopin for more than a day I start losing my thoughts mid-sentence and I forget everything that I%u2019m trying to say. Then my anxiety comes back and I%u2019m a mess until I take it."

Ashes2ashes December 14, 2013

"Panic attacks and anxiety run in my family, and this helped me big time. I was scared to take any medicines after having a bad experience with another anxiety medication, but I took it finally and day three of my panic attack/no sleep was over! I could eat again and finally crack a smile. It did make me sleepy, and it felt a tad funny to walk. I only took them before bed to sleep unless I really needed it. It restored my confidence that I could be happy again and made me feel comfy just knowing I had them on me. I am off of them for now and on a different anxiety pill, because my doc didn't want me to become dependent on them. I do keep one or two in my purse for emergencies."

Gjgbjug December 12, 2013

"Klonopin works pretty well at low doses (2-4 mg). I'm 46 6'4' 260 lbs. Higher doses just make me drool and shuffle, and cause horribly painful foot cramps if I miss a dose or two. Low dose, no problems. One wicked side effect is memory loss and speed of comprehension. Sleep is better. Withdrawal is pretty easy at low doses. Taper from high doses. It also was a major asset discontinuing opiates, and their various temporary-but-forever withdrawal effects."

WhiteRook (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 26, 2013

"I take 2mg Klonopin 4-5 times daily along with Adderall XR 20mg 2 each morning. The combination of the two works great. I suffer from BiPolar disorder, Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and ADHD. I would get so bad I would lock myself in my room at home and cry my eyeballs out, afraid to speak to people, just full blown terrible anxiety. Klonopin is very effective if taken properly. Its a miracle medicine. I used to just be on Xanax 1mg 5 times daily and it started making me angry and aggressive. Some people react different to medications. Klonopin controls my mood, stops the worst anxiety you ever experienced in its tracks. Wonderful medication with just drowsiness as a side effect."

Anonomys23 November 26, 2013

"Please, please, please do your research before ever taking Klonopin or any drug in the benzodiazepine family. Klonopin has caused me great hardship and nearly cost me my life. And I am not alone - thousands of people have had horrific experiences with this drug. Please search "benzo withdrawal" or similar to educate yourself. Looking back, my original anxiety was nothing compared to the torture I went through once I was addicted to klonopin. And I am not through it yet. Words can not explain the horror I went through. That is why I beg you to do your own research. Most doctors don't know or are in denial about the withdrawal effects of benzodiazepines. The stories you will find are not lies or exaggerations. Buyer beware! Please!!"

Gary321 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 9, 2013

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Anxiety disorder runs in my family, and Klonopin has done us wonders. I suffered a severe car accident 10/2012. Quit my job, quit fall-term, and became paralyzed from Anxiety. Initial dose was 0.5mg 2X a day. I discovered, LESS IS MORE. Now I only take 0.5 mg 2X a day, and it helps me be Andy. Klonopin is addictive. 20mg is max dose for epilepsy. 4mg/ day max for anxiety. 1mg/day in studies is shown to be most effective for anxiety. Take it as prescribed. DON'T, TAKE MORE. If you don't have epilepsy. BELIEVE ME! Benzodiazepines should be used with caution."

Andy (19 years old) (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 28, 2013

"I think Klonopin is the bottom-of-the-barrel of benzodiazepine anti-anxiety/anti-panic medicines. This is from personal experience with it & other benzodiazepines. Klonopin, for one thing, lacks the muscle-relaxant effect that's an additonal benefit of other benzodizepines such as Valium (diazepam). But what's worse is that Klonopin caused me to lose 2 jobs. It has this strange effect of prompting me to 'speak my mind' -- a little too much! Not the case with Valium, which has a much more pleasant effect. With further research I found out that Klonopin was intially marketed for seizure disorders *only*. But, because it didn't sell well for that, the company basically pushed into the anti-anxiety market. There's much better out there."

ExperienceSpeaking (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 26, 2013

"im 25yrs of age and have been on prescription benzodiazepines since the age of 16, mostly for panic attacks and GAD. I started on klonopin 0.5 BID and in the last nine years you could imagine the roller coaster ride it has been. Xanax 2mg po qid. Ativan 2mg po tid. valium 10mg po tid.(all at separate times) and the valium I was on 2 years up until 2 months ago. it started to quit working. I hated the Xanax and Ativan but the valium saved my life, it was a bitter sweet ending. and 2 months in now on klonopin 1mg qam. then 2mg qhs. miracle medicine!!!! highly recommend this medication for severe to chonic GAD, panic attacks, insomnia associated with stress and I could just go on and on. cant say enough about this medicine that gave hope!"

J.M. Carson JR. (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2013