User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 1 reviews 13 medications

Summary of Clonazepam reviews 556 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Clonazepam

Review by Rickb9960 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

clonazepam for Panic Disorder: I have social anxiety disorder and panic attacks. I have been on Xanax for about 12 years, and it was a lifesaver. My new psych dr gave me 0.5 mg of Klonopin and it isn't helping at all.

April 13, 2014 4:16 PM
Review by sarag1977: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Started this medicine a month ago and I have to say the low dose of 0.5mg has changed my day to day life!

April 8, 2014 4:33 PM
Review by calm cate (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

clonazepam for Anxiety: Panic attacks, severe. Once on medication haven't had any. Anxiety is in check. Can function as normal or maybe better looking back over my whole life.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 6, 2014 10:06 PM
Review by WendyDee:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I began getting severe panic attacks in the middle of the night every night. Not just regular sleep pattern problems. But waking up wanting to be dead. This went on for a couple years until I could not bare it anymore. My doctor prescribed me Klonopin and it has done the trick. Previous to Klonopin I tried Ambien, Ambien XL, and Seroquel. I personally think it's a good idea to follow your doctors instructions and start with the more mild medicine. But to those who warn of the withdrawal symptoms of Klonopin. I have to say that opinion does not apply to all. Not wanting to die in the middle of the night every night for 2 years is such a benefit to me that I will risk the withdrawal symptoms that may come with stopping later down the road.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 2, 2014 12:07 AM
Review by Dandawolf: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I recently switched from Xanax to Klonopin for panic disorder. Klonopin does help me get through the day but doesn't totally eliminate my anxiety. I like the fact that I don't get heavy rebound anxiety on Klonopin (as I did on Xanax) due to its longer half life. Overall quite long lasting, pretty effective, but in the crisis of a panic attack a Xanax is 1000X better for getting through it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 1, 2014 8:22 AM
Review by wop (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

clonazepam for Anxiety: I take 1 tablet (1mg) 3 times a day. Helped me so much. It lasts a lot longer than Ativan, Xanax and doesn't make me like a zombie like Valium.

March 31, 2014 6:17 PM
Review by Animegirl: User Rating:

clonazepam for Seizure Prevention: I started this pill last Saturday and it is so helpful. It has helped my seizures and literally stopped them in one day. It is so nice and it makes me happier; I had gotten off Keppra and within a week it seems like I'm back to my old self maybe even better. Try this medication.

March 29, 2014 8:33 PM
Review by BIPOLar1whatfun: User Rating:

clonazepam for Bipolar Disorder: I have bipolar type 1. I was on many medications over the years. None of them very effective. I've been hospitalized on many different occasions. I was in a outpatient program. At that time Seroquel had just come out. It did half or less of the Seroquel XR, this was a major game changer for me. Clonazepam has been literally a life saver for me. It stops my thoughts from going out of control. When a major situation happens I'm able to stay calm and not act on impulse. When driving if someone is going too slow and catch a red light it takes away a lot of the anger I would feel I would say be %85 but flare ups can happen on a MUCH lower scale. One more medicine that can help is lamotrigine.

March 28, 2014 11:43 AM
Review by Jackie100480 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: It helps with my anxiety

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 26, 2014 1:19 AM
Review by huskybreed (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

clonazepam for Night Terrors: Works for what I needed to.

March 25, 2014 2:59 AM
Review by Alayska: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: For the past few years I have been suffering from severe anxiety and depression, when my Doctor put me on 0.5 mg I didn't know if it would help or not, but in just a month or 2, my life has changed a lot for the better. I've been more self confident, and going out more. It really does help. As people have mentioned before take the lowest dosage that suits you. It really is a great treatment for anxiety. Though everyone is different, if you're running out of options you should definitely ask your Doctor about it!

March 22, 2014 10:21 PM
Review by JohnnyEuro1: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin has been a wonderful medication for me. I'm a young male who gets social anxiety, and overall anxious feelings about situational matters that I just couldn't stop. Well, I take 0.5 mg of Klonopin once daily and haven't had a hint of social nor general anxiety since. I can now focus on school, interact with others with confidence, sleep well at night, and enjoy my life again.The medication gives you a steady sense of calm and tranquility WITHOUT making you feel sedated (at least it does for me), and its effects lasts between 6-8 hours! Xanax worked as well, but it made me too sedated to adequately perform my daily schedules, plus didn't last as long.

March 21, 2014 9:48 AM
Review by willingtotry: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I've had anxiety for over 30 years, I'm in my 50's. I've been on Effexor and a few other antidepressants, which helped some, but sexual side effects were weird. I reluctantly started Klonopin about 6 months ago but was afraid of the addictive properties of it. So I started on a real low dose 0.125 mg, once a day. And some days I take the another 0.125 mg. totaling 0.25mg per day. I'll admit it helps a lot. It makes me feel like myself again. It doesn't stop the scary thoughts and stupid fears that I have, but I don't react as poorly to them. I'm hoping I don't have to increase my dosage, but figure I have a lot of room to go up if I do. Still wish I didn't have to take them but this winter was rough and I needed some help until the sun shines again.

March 20, 2014 12:27 PM
Review by KrissieD: User Rating:

clonazepam for Night Terrors: I had been taking anti-anxiety medication for a very long time due to my severe anxiety and panic attack disorder I have and the last resort after trying a few others was to take klonopin 1 mg 4 times a day.. After starting taking the medication, I didn't notice any bad side effects, but then I slowly started to have nightmares and night terrors, even when I just took small cat naps! It was absolutely horrible, I couldn't stand it but I didn't think about Klonopin being the cause until after a while it stopped working for my anxiety and I went back to Xanax which started to work better for me again and all of a sudden, my night terrors have disappeared and no longer afraid to fall asleep! They've gone away ever since I stopped Klonopin.

March 18, 2014 6:10 PM
Review by Nick Gehringer (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin definitely has a smoother onset and longer duration than Xanax. Some tolerance can develop on long term usage so try to keep the dose as low as possible. Great benzodiazepine, wipes out anxiety once you figure out the right dosage for you.

March 15, 2014 6:16 PM
Review by 44oakrdr (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

clonazepam for Anxiety: Definitely helps with anxiety and panic attacks, all side effects have subsided. I do keep mednotes on all medications I take for interactions just because I've had some scares with some medications that have interacted with each other but the pharmacist or doctors have not caught onto.

March 14, 2014 10:39 AM
Review by Jpal1397: User Rating:

clonazepam for Anxiety: I have been taking Klonopin for generalized anxiety disorder for 18 years now. I am 52 years old and this medicine saved my quality of life. I have ranged between 2.5 and 3.5 mg for 18 years now. No side effects at all. Psychiatrist told me I could use it the rest of my life. Felt it was an older but best proven remedy for dealing with GAD on the market. No pharmaceutical kickbacks involved so not as popular as other medicines being prescribed. No pharmaceutical incentives to sell. Not addictive but could be dependency forming. Lesser of evils versus anxiety. I highly recommend it in proper circumstances.

March 12, 2014 6:28 PM
Review by sarag7977 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Started low dose of 0.25mg and it has changed my life! Only take lowest dose needed and work with a therapist because medicine doesn't do all the work..YOU have to as well.

March 10, 2014 3:57 PM
Review by sag34mom (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I take this for anxiety and only a low dose of 0.25mg (half of a 0.5mg) and it works wonders and I am VERY sensitive to medicines. Only take the lowest dose you need and you won't experience side effects.

March 9, 2014 1:03 PM
Review by playboybuddyrose (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Works great for my anxiety but I have bad cases of diarrhea. I take 1mg twice a day, also on Seroquel 400 mg.

February 28, 2014 4:55 PM
Review by saram234 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

clonazepam for Anxiety: This has saved my anxiety! Was on Buspar and it helped but wasn't strong enough...low dose of clonazepam 0.25mg once a day is all I need.

February 28, 2014 8:07 AM
Review by TaraBolduc: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: You can take it during any anxiety issue within 20mins I noticed the difference it made. In seven yrs I've been able to do so much more. I would call it the miracle pill.

February 27, 2014 12:41 PM
Review by big Jimmy long: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: Takes away anxiety fast.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 20, 2014 12:24 AM
Review by K64 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

clonazepam for Restless Legs Syndrome: I was prescribed this for anxiety and to help me sleep at night. Within an hour of taking the medicine I had horrible restless legs syndrome and after the first few days bad insomnia too, in addition to upper respiratory congestion. I am seeing my doctor later this week to see about changing medication.

February 18, 2014 5:44 AM
Review by Outshineyourself (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

clonazepam for Insomnia: I'm 25, female, full-time student and full-time worker, living in NYC. I've been fighting insomnia triggered by anxiety my entire life, but it was never an issue until I reached my mid-twenties. When I lay down, I get a series of panic attacks that can keep me awake the entire night. Lately, I've been going three days on ~5 hours of total sleep. I quit my job and my focus for school was diminished. I became scared and a total mess. I need proper sleep to be able to function the next day. I was recently prescribed Clonazepam through my psychiatrist and it is, seriously, a blessing from the universe. I take .5 mg when I start feeling sleepy and, within an hour, I'm in dreamland. I don't have to fight for sleep or get anxious about sleeping.

February 14, 2014 9:34 AM
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next

Learn how medication, diet, and exercise are key to managing Multiple Sclerosis. Click Here