User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Review Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Seizure Prevention.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Seizure Prevention

"I have been on Clonazepam 2mg twice daily for about 23 years. I have had partial seizures since age 14 after a serious head injury. I was also on Dilantin, however I wanted children so after 10 years on Dilantin it was discontinued slowly and I remained on Clonazepam. I have been seizure free for 22 years except for some myoclonus activity during sleep. I have not had to increase my dosage and the only time I had a seizure was the two times my doctors tried to decrease my dose to see if I could come off. Apparently, that is not in the cards. I have no side effects at this point in time, do not find it sedating. I have always taken as prescribed and also maintain a healthy lifestyle."

shrink51 (taken for 10 years or more) May 22, 2014

"I started this pill last Saturday and it is so helpful. It has helped my seizures and literally stopped them in one day. It is so nice and it makes me happier; I had gotten off Keppra and within a week it seems like I'm back to my old self maybe even better. Try this medication."

Animegirl March 29, 2014

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have taken Klonopin for at least 20 years now and it is the only medication that prevents absences and myocloptic seizures. Sometimes I have breakthroughs but not often. I vary in my doses from 1 mg a day to 3 mg at times due to needing a little more or less. Since I have been on it for so long I am able to do this. I take it at nighttime because I cannot function during the day if I take it in the morning. I think I have been on every seizure medicine there is and have had nightmare stories concerning them but Klonopin works the best for me. I believe every person is different and what works for one may not work for another. I do have to put up with occasional side effects like bouts of insomnia and breakthrough optical migraines."

singingmeadow (taken for 10 years or more) September 19, 2013

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam): "Only thing that stopped me from having seizures"

Newt6398 May 7, 2013

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was prescribed this 6 months ago by an ER doctor after my first ever tonic clonic seizure. I'd been taking it for about 6 weeks before I could get an appointment with a neuro Dr. I was working, had no problems at all with it - actually was helping me sleep better and I didn't have any other seizures. The Dr took me off them & said it wasn't the right medicine. I tried 2 medicines by his suggestions and changed Dr's after bad reactions. The new doctor had me on 3 others that also gave me bad reactions - GUESS WHAT - now I'm back on them and I'm feeling like myself again & I'm not having any trouble at all. I just wish they would've listened to me to begin with."

sallymaebooth (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2013

"I am on 4 different seizure medications (now 5 with this) and suffer from Startle Seizures which come on from any frights (horns, bangs, example. music) and anxiety is a big trigger of this as to be as calm as possible really helps. Since being put on Clonazepam my anxiety is so much better therefore so are my seizures. I can also vary small amounts when needed for example if travelling. Now aiming to drop slowly some of the other."

Guinea Pig lol (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 3, 2013

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Good"

Anonymous August 7, 2012

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Clonazepam is the only medicine that will take away a seizure or cluster of seizures within 15 minutes. I have tried a variety-a large variety of other medications but unfortunately none of them had worked. "

Anonymous June 8, 2012

"It helps with my seizures and anxiety."

Anonymous April 19, 2012

"Seizures I was suffering resulted with me going on Rivotril(clonazepam). This was after trying plenty other type of medications. I take 2 x 2mg daily and my condition is fine now. "

Anonymous October 20, 2011

"Excellent. Haven't had one seizure since I was switched to Klonopin(Clonazepam). It helps with my car accident injuries which I did not expect and not only with the broken bones but almost as an antidepressant, better than Paxil, that I was given and didn't make me fell more relaxed. I sleep well again because I don't take pain medicines even though the doctors prescribe it. Highly worked for me. Start out at a low and comfortable dose if you can't afford to be drowsy at work, etc. Tell your doctor and slowly he will bump your dosage up until you are comfortable."

Yohan Jourgemsen October 3, 2010

"I was prescribed 2 mg Klonopin 4 x daily since October 09. It has worked wonders for controlling my anxiety and as a bonus I've had no seizures since being on the medication. I take Tegretol for seizures which helped cut down the frequency but not stopped. Since I combined taking the Klonopin with Tegretol I've been seizure free for 8 months. The longest period since 2002 and also am completely anxiety free. Thanks."

batista June 11, 2010

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Great!"

Anonymous November 29, 2009

"I have used Clonazepam for about a year now. I am more relaxed and can concentrate better, with better sleep patterns. The only side effect I have had has been waking up in the morning feeling "stiff" (as if I slept too soundly). This disappears once I get up and move around. Note: I am a multi-tasker and find it hard to lay down at night and "shut everything OFF". I hope this helps someone."

chips1930 November 20, 2009

"Clonazapam (1-3 mg daily, mainly at bedtime) benefits me in many ways. Since it was added to my daily medicines 5 years ago, it has helped to completely eliminate my noctural Grand Mal seizures, anxiety and panic disorders, bipolar and ADHD (with an emphasis on the Hyper). I have not developed a tolerance (although I can see how that could happen), have no withdrawal symptoms when I miss doses. It provides subtle yet effective relief with no noticeable side effects. Thanks to Clonazapam I fall sleep without fear of seizures."

Rx2009 October 27, 2009

"I don't think I would be here today if it were not for Klonopin (Clonazepam). Not only for the seizures but for my panic disorder. "

Mitziandco August 15, 2009

"Klonopin was originally prescribed for anxiety 4 years ago with Zoloft. I've been on them ever since; Now I take it to control Epilepsy along with another drug, Tegretol. It work wonders."

anthone September 8, 2008

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I also take Klonopin for Bipolar and Panic Disorders."

seizing the day June 25, 2008

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I had a problem with biting my tonuge while asleep. Dr. said it was some type of seizure. I've been taking Klonopin for 15yrs and only had to increase the dosage from 0.5mg to 1.5mg over this period. I take it at night and have no side effects that I can tell. Hope it keeps working as it does now."

Sleeping again April 11, 2008

Klonopin (clonazepam): "It helps control break thru seizures and the anxiety I get with mine. However; it makes you feel feel very dopey and tired."

Anonymous March 9, 2008