User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam review summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Seizure Prevention.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Seizure Prevention

Review by shrink51 (taken for 10 years or more):

I have been on Clonazepam 2mg twice daily for about 23 years. I have had partial seizures since age 14 after a serious head injury. I was also on Dilantin, however I wanted children so after 10 years on Dilantin it was discontinued slowly and I remained on Clonazepam. I have been seizure free for 22 years except for some myoclonus activity during sleep. I have not had to increase my dosage and the only time I had a seizure was the two times my doctors tried to decrease my dose to see if I could come off. Apparently, that is not in the cards. I have no side effects at this point in time, do not find it sedating. I have always taken as prescribed and also maintain a healthy lifestyle.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 22, 2014 3:57 PM

Review by Animegirl:

I started this pill last Saturday and it is so helpful. It has helped my seizures and literally stopped them in one day. It is so nice and it makes me happier; I had gotten off Keppra and within a week it seems like I'm back to my old self maybe even better. Try this medication.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 29, 2014 8:33 PM

Review by singingmeadow (taken for 10 years or more):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I have taken Klonopin for at least 20 years now and it is the only medication that prevents absences and myocloptic seizures. Sometimes I have breakthroughs but not often. I vary in my doses from 1 mg a day to 3 mg at times due to needing a little more or less. Since I have been on it for so long I am able to do this. I take it at nighttime because I cannot function during the day if I take it in the morning. I think I have been on every seizure medicine there is and have had nightmare stories concerning them but Klonopin works the best for me. I believe every person is different and what works for one may not work for another. I do have to put up with occasional side effects like bouts of insomnia and breakthrough optical migraines.

September 19, 2013 1:28 PM

Review by Newt6398:

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam): Only thing that stopped me from having seizures

May 7, 2013 11:01 PM

Review by sallymaebooth (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I was prescribed this 6 months ago by an ER doctor after my first ever tonic clonic seizure. I'd been taking it for about 6 weeks before I could get an appointment with a neuro Dr. I was working, had no problems at all with it - actually was helping me sleep better and I didn't have any other seizures. The Dr took me off them & said it wasn't the right medicine. I tried 2 medicines by his suggestions and changed Dr's after bad reactions. The new doctor had me on 3 others that also gave me bad reactions - GUESS WHAT - now I'm back on them and I'm feeling like myself again & I'm not having any trouble at all. I just wish they would've listened to me to begin with.

April 26, 2013 4:15 PM

Review by Guinea Pig lol (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I am on 4 different seizure medications (now 5 with this) and suffer from Startle Seizures which come on from any frights (horns, bangs, example. music) and anxiety is a big trigger of this as to be as calm as possible really helps. Since being put on Clonazepam my anxiety is so much better therefore so are my seizures. I can also vary small amounts when needed for example if travelling. Now aiming to drop slowly some of the other.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 3, 2013 9:29 PM

Klonopin (clonazepam): Good

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2012 11:23 AM

Klonopin (clonazepam): Clonazepam is the only medicine that will take away a seizure or cluster of seizures within 15 minutes. I have tried a variety-a large variety of other medications but unfortunately none of them had worked.

June 8, 2012 9:44 AM

It helps with my seizures and anxiety.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2012 12:57 AM

Seizures I was suffering resulted with me going on Rivotril(clonazepam). This was after trying plenty other type of medications. I take 2 x 2mg daily and my condition is fine now.

October 20, 2011 8:25 PM

Review by Yohan Jourgemsen:

Excellent. Haven't had one seizure since I was switched to Klonopin(Clonazepam). It helps with my car accident injuries which I did not expect and not only with the broken bones but almost as an antidepressant, better than Paxil, that I was given and didn't make me fell more relaxed. I sleep well again because I don't take pain medicines even though the doctors prescribe it. Highly worked for me. Start out at a low and comfortable dose if you can't afford to be drowsy at work, etc. Tell your doctor and slowly he will bump your dosage up until you are comfortable.

October 3, 2010 5:33 PM

Review by batista:

I was prescribed 2 mg Klonopin 4 x daily since October 09. It has worked wonders for controlling my anxiety and as a bonus I've had no seizures since being on the medication. I take Tegretol for seizures which helped cut down the frequency but not stopped. Since I combined taking the Klonopin with Tegretol I've been seizure free for 8 months. The longest period since 2002 and also am completely anxiety free. Thanks.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 11, 2010 1:45 PM

Klonopin (clonazepam): Great!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2009 12:09 AM

Review by chips1930:

I have used Clonazepam for about a year now. I am more relaxed and can concentrate better, with better sleep patterns. The only side effect I have had has been waking up in the morning feeling "stiff" (as if I slept too soundly). This disappears once I get up and move around. Note: I am a multi-tasker and find it hard to lay down at night and "shut everything OFF". I hope this helps someone.

November 20, 2009 1:33 PM

Review by Rx2009:

Clonazapam (1-3 mg daily, mainly at bedtime) benefits me in many ways. Since it was added to my daily medicines 5 years ago, it has helped to completely eliminate my noctural Grand Mal seizures, anxiety and panic disorders, bipolar and ADHD (with an emphasis on the Hyper). I have not developed a tolerance (although I can see how that could happen), have no withdrawal symptoms when I miss doses. It provides subtle yet effective relief with no noticeable side effects. Thanks to Clonazapam I fall sleep without fear of seizures.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 27, 2009 1:04 AM

Review by Mitziandco:

I don't think I would be here today if it were not for Klonopin (Clonazepam). Not only for the seizures but for my panic disorder.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 15, 2009 11:43 PM

Review by anthone:

Klonopin was originally prescribed for anxiety 4 years ago with Zoloft. I've been on them ever since; Now I take it to control Epilepsy along with another drug, Tegretol. It work wonders.

September 8, 2008 11:06 AM

Review by seizing the day:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I also take Klonopin for Bipolar and Panic Disorders.

June 25, 2008 1:39 PM

Review by Sleeping again:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I had a problem with biting my tonuge while asleep. Dr. said it was some type of seizure. I've been taking Klonopin for 15yrs and only had to increase the dosage from 0.5mg to 1.5mg over this period. I take it at night and have no side effects that I can tell. Hope it keeps working as it does now.

April 11, 2008 8:54 AM

Klonopin (clonazepam): It helps control break thru seizures and the anxiety I get with mine. However; it makes you feel feel very dopey and tired.

March 9, 2008 1:17 PM