User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Panic Disorder

"Wonder drug. I can't emphasis that enough. This was the best decision I have made. I had tried over 12 different medications for my extreme panic disorder and depression and some medications would help but give me horrible depression and others were vice versa. There was always break through of one of my conditions. My life has been unmanageable for 16 years and this is the first drug I can literally thank God for. It's saved my life and I can finally function normally. I am on 1mg daily and able to live a normal life at last. It's only been a month on this but I've already had such great success."

Taylorlynnee (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2016

"I felt shaking and anxiety still if I'm taking rivotril 2 mg"

yohannajohn May 2, 2016

"It has helped alleviate fear and provide comfort and care when taken moderation. With you and your doctor's agreement"

Sakisuzy22W April 21, 2016

"I have had panic disorder for years, thanks in large part to a serious medical condition that has since been addressed. Klonopin has helped tremendously even at a fairly low dose (1mg daily). I would add that this is not a drug to stop cold turkey; having tried, I can tell you that it worsens the anxiety and panic. I'm also not thrilled that I still take it after so many years. But, it has greatly improved my quality of life and for that I am grateful."

BBRM (taken for 10 years or more) March 27, 2016

"Wonderful pill. My doc put on 2mg once a day before bed. In one week, this medication turned my life around. I was suffering from extreme manic/depressive episodes, depression, irritability and panic crisis. and Seroquel 50mg was worsening everything up, horrible drug for me. I am now on 4mg of clonazepam, and doing fine. Brought me back to life thank God."

corvohunter (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was taken off of ativan 1mg x3 per day and switched to klonopin. This drug made me ache all over and my joints, had crying bouts and sever depression with very dark thoughts. I finally got switched back. I hate this drug. Made me want to sleep all the time as well zero energy and aggressive."

indigogirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 25, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have PTSD, OCD, severe bipolar and severe borderline personality disorder along with severe panic attacks and constant anxiety. I was taken off of 0.5 mg Xanax taken four times a day over 25 years which enabled me to live a "normal" life. I was prescribed klonopin instead. While it does help tremendously with the panic and anxiety, for me anyway, Xanax worked much better. I am on a slew of other meds for the other disorders I have. Just commenting on klonopin"

Didi1986 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 21, 2016

"what can I say? has anyone seen the movie "Shutter Island"? imagine a veteran instead of a US Marshal (in this case me), diagnosed with PTSD and related "panic attacks" along with epilepsy. The VA has yet another lab rat for pharmaceutical testing. and just like poor Leo's character, who is going to believe me when I say that the VA wants to see how much Clonazepam it will take for me to kill myself (one way to shut me up about stuff that happened in my unit during the cold war huh?). to be honest I refused to take even one dose because I value my life ALOT more than the VA does."

Oliver Larch (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Have had anxiety all my life!-40 years. During one very long 3 week period of being in what my psychologist called a "panic state," I absolutely had to ask my doctor for something that would help me begin to function again. I don't prefer to medicate unless it is absolutely necessary, and while taking this is not exactly something that I wanted my situation to come to, I eventually decided that if I did not opt for some type of pharmaceutical intervention, I might have had a stroke from the insane physical stress, which was bringing me to the brink of insanity. ONE pill before bed one evening did the trick for me. It was like hitting the reset button, and I woke up rested, calm, and totally fine again. Haven't needed another pill yet."

2BAnnonymous February 11, 2016

"I started this drug at about 12 years old, used it for about 7 years. Very effective for anxiety/panic attacks, but much too powerful. While on it, I was so drowsy I could barely stay awake, my mental performance suffered, I became an emotionless zombie, and suffered severe chronic constipation that made me late everywhere I'd go. Also true hell to get off of, even with a slow taper--worst panic attacks of my life, felt like I couldn't bear it, failed several times. And the worst part? I'm still suffering disabling cognitive impairment and chronic constipation to this day--about 7 years after STOPPING the drug. For all I know, I'm stuck with these now forever. My advice? Run--like hell--from benzodiazepines. They may just ruin your life."

Ex-Clonazepam User (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 13, 2016

"A life saver, I am bipolar with panic disorder, also without this medication I would not be able drive, go out in public as I have developed agoraphobia and social phobia in my early twenties, mostly from the shame and fear of losing control or having attacks in public. I would not have any form of normal life or even be able to hold a job. Believe me I have been on every medication or combinations out there. I had no side affects while on this medication. Only reason I am not giving this it a 10 is because it is highly addictive. It is HELL to get off of - don't even try going cold turkey, your anxiety will return double than before, speak to your doctor and taper off it slowly. This medication was kind of a last resort. It helps."

yollawp (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 7, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I highly recommend this medication for panic attacks. Without Klonopin, I could not function in life...I couldn't hold a job, go on trips, even go to the store without having wave after wave of panic. It works quickly, too, because with panic attacks, we want them gone or at least minimized. I only use when needed as the body does become adjusted to them and its not as effective. Thank goodness for this medication!"

Denisenini (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 31, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I started having anxiety or panic attacks 30 years ago and "suffered" through them for almost 10 years. My psyc wanted me to experience the anxiety to show how it wasn't harmful and I'd get over it. We'll guess what, I never got over them and a I had my GP wrote me out a prescription for Klonopin to take as needed and it has worked out great. Although I am not "cured" of my illness, I am able to function, enjoy life and do things I didn't think would be possible without it. All without any physical side effects. Btw, numerous times I've had skin cancer removed from my face while sitting in a chair for 4-5 hours. I've had dental implants in my mouth, which went on for 2-3 hours. All this was possible with Klonopin."

Rickysllc123 December 29, 2015

"I have experienced several forms of anxiety/PTSD from childhood. I had a very crazy childhood, watching my mom being beaten, seeing a lot of blood, dealing with alcoholics all around me and moving related to abusive man that was literally "hunting" my mother down for a good 3 years. I have blank parts in my memories of my childhood and most of the memories I do have are not good. When you are 4-5 years old and are awakened to an ax tearing down your front-door and having to flee for your life, it kinda ruins you. Also watching so much abuse toward my mother and even her friend, the blood, the guns etc., I basically grew up in a war zone. My flight or flight response is hyperactive and I think it always will be. I take 4-6 mgs a day."

CaliFlower68 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 29, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I had continually worsening panic attacks a couple days after having an MRI for an unrelated issue. The MRI brought up some claustrophobia issues I didn't know where there. Two days later I had a nightmare about claustrophobia and then is spiralled down from there...started having phobias and panics about other things. Doctor put me on generic version of Klonopin and it immediately took the panic away -- seriously in about 5 minutes. I now take it once a day and will see doctor in a couple weeks to see what to do then. Has worked great for me."

Recent taker of Klonopin December 28, 2015

"I've been getting panic attacks for 3 years now since I lost my father which I was very close to ... At the begining I was prescribed 2mg clonazepam ( rivotril ) 3 X every day . I was on it for 2 weeks and found myself with absolutely no anxiety at all but the dosage was too much and I was basically feeling like a plant ... I stopped abrubtly for 6 months and now I'm occasionally using it . I am sure given I live a very stressfull life that I have built up a tolerance pretty strong. Sometimes I take another 2 mg of clonazepam in between 4 hours or 5 hours even though I took one already . It still helps with anxiety but I feel I have to take more and more and I don't want to do that ... any help ? thank you"

Baki December 19, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I used to have panic and anxiety very bad, for many years I self medictaed with illegal drugs. Finally, at 29 yrs old I wearily went to a doctor who gave me klonopin and an anti-depressant. In one hour I gradually felt all the panic go away, anxiety was gone. I really smiled for the first time, the world was great. I was contemplating suicide a day before I was prescribed klonopin, this drug saved my life. I continue to take it 1mg twice a day with lexapro 20mg. My life is good and I am happy, but now my mental health doctor reads that benzo medication "may" lead to dementia,etc. So now she wants me to stop taking it, she says she does not want her name on anything linked to her prescribing benzos. Now I must detox? Find another Doctor!!"

Antibenzo December 15, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I started suffering with panic disorder for 3 years and was not using any treatment. It got to the point to where I was agoraphobic and wouldn't leave my house I was scared for my life and felt like I wasn't even a human being anymore I suffered dramatically from what is called derealization I ended up turning myself into a hospital that had a mental health outpatient program which put me on klonopin 0.5 mg twice a day and it literally changed my life I finally have a life again and can move around and do things, I can go to work I still once in awhile start to have panic but the Klonopin doesn't allow me to actually have a panic attack. My general anxiety is now down to nothing and I can feel like I can live again. The first month had its ups and downs"

Hotastrology (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "On generic clonezapam for 9 years. Work great GAD, panic attack, however it is now wearing off. I cannot get off of it due oppositional tolerance. Most doctors know little about this drug. Orginally, meant for short term use. It is very difficult for taper. It does serve its purpose. Just do you research."

jab453 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 28, 2015

"I am diagnosed with PTSD, panic attacks and OCD. I have been on this drug for 2 days and I think it's great. I am again able to drive without getting into panic attack. It frees my mind from OCD thoughts however it does make me tired. I take .25 mg in am and .25 mg at night. I am hoping the tiredness will go away with time."

janda40269 October 23, 2015

"I have had panic attacks for over 20 years, I been using clonazepam for over 10 years. I found this medicine to be very helpful it saved my life, but I do hate that I need it just to live a normal life, but glad I do have something to help me to obtain my goals. I have started and stopped with this medication prior to recently starting it up again. I used to use 1mg 3x a day, so, I am low dosing for now, 0.5mg. But it is a wonder drug. One thing people did not write about this drugs is that it keeps you from over thinking which helps for anxiety a great deal.Love this medicine - just do NOT abuse it . I have safely used it for over 10 years."

StaffordLOVEME October 17, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have a frontal Lobe injury along with PTSD and Panic Disorders. I took 1 mg of Xanax QID (4) per day as directed for 16 years. I asked to be removed while in the Hospital. And put on K-pin. I have suffered for two years now on K-pin TID (3) per day. Not good. I have a very bad Doctor, that I feel that shouldn't practice Medicine. He won't listen to concerns and has never given me a physical."

Barry Rose October 1, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I would not be alive now if not for Klonopin, nor would I have been able to complete Graduate school. Anyone who has had panic disorder that literally freezes your mind and body into a state of never ending terror know. You are sure you will die. Mine started at age 28. I have been taking a low dose; 1 mg per day - 0.5 morning and before bed. If I feel one coming on I take 1 mg of Ativan - happens a few x a month. Those who say it's as horrible and addictive as Heroin? Likely using it for generalized anxiety and increase irresponsibly .Those of us who suffer from the physical and mental terror of panic disorder and take the medication carefully - it's hard to hear others saying how dangerous it is. Anything misused is dangerous."

DaisyARiley September 30, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This medication is magic. The first few times you take it (if you take it before bed, I usually do because that's when a majority of my panic attacks occur), then you might wake up feeling zombie-ish for a few times in the beginning. For me, that side effect passed. Now, it's amazing for me. My best friend was on Xanax and she said it would just knock her out and by the time she woke up, it would be worn off and she would then panic all over again. Klonopin has not been like that for me because it has a longer half life, which means it stays in your system in effect for a longer period of time. I will say this - be careful. Honestly, I took 1/2 of a .5mg pill for a while and it did me well. Be safe with your usage and you'll love it."

Samanthaalucas (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 29, 2015

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam): "I have PDSD and it's the only thing that helps me"

Bella lynn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 22, 2015