User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam review summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Panic Disorder

Review by Sleepingbeautay (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I'm going through a custody battle right now and this is the ONLY thing getting me through the days with a clear head. My boyfriend after 20 years said if I leave him (he's abusive) that he'd take everything from me. He wasn't kidding. He knows I've suffered with panic disorder since I was 16. My dr put me on Prozac and that's helping a little bit to control crying. But the Klonopin is giving my heart and mind a chance to breathe again when I take it as needed. I take two 0.5/mg sometimes together or apart. Ativan & Xanax never worked on me before. I feel so present in the moment when I take my Klonopin.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 19, 2014 8:14 PM

Review by Untitled90 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I'm diagnosed with Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia. I started to see a doctor at the age of 16. I was on Xanax 1mg till 19-20 years old and it didn't do the trick anymore and made me mean. My doctor put me on Klonopin 2mg 1 tablet 4 times daily and its brought my life back.

May 26, 2014 9:24 PM

Review by Sapphirebeast:

I had been on Xanax for my severe panic disorder but it would wear off so fast I would find myself actually craving another one. I was honest with my doctor about the rising addiction to it and she put me on clonazepam. I stay calm and sleep better. I can go outside and go for a walk. I can hang out with my friend. I like it better than Xanax way more. G.J.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2014 3:59 PM

Review by sugargliderbaby (taken for 10 years or more):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I was born into the middle of WWII in England and have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Also was sexually assaulted at the age of 4 yrs. I came over here to the States at the age of 13 and it all went downhill from there. I have major depression and have been on Prozac for many, many years. I have also been taking Klonopin for as many years and it has given me some kind of normal life. I used to get the tremors so bad that the ambulance people thought it was a grand mal seizure attack. I still get these attacks once in a while but with the help of Klonopin I can actually calm myself back to a normal state of being. I wouldn't call it a wonder medicine but it certainly helps me.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 12, 2014 6:39 PM

Review by Rissa2207 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I have anxiety, bipolar disorder and panic disorder & this helped alot with all of those.

May 2, 2014 5:31 AM

Review by Rickb9960 (taken for less than 1 month):

I have social anxiety disorder and panic attacks. I have been on Xanax for about 12 years, and it was a lifesaver. My new psych dr gave me 0.5 mg of Klonopin and it isn't helping at all.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2014 4:16 PM

Review by Dandawolf:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I recently switched from Xanax to Klonopin for panic disorder. Klonopin does help me get through the day but doesn't totally eliminate my anxiety. I like the fact that I don't get heavy rebound anxiety on Klonopin (as I did on Xanax) due to its longer half life. Overall quite long lasting, pretty effective, but in the crisis of a panic attack a Xanax is 1000X better for getting through it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2014 8:22 AM

Review by IamNOTgoingCRAZY90 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I suffer from Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia and Generalized Anxiety Disorder and some Social Anxiety. I have severe panic attacks and they come on out of no where with no warning. Ill get the derealization in my head and wont know whats going on or feel out of body, dizzy, heart will race, extreme feeling of dying. It will actually physically make me sick. My dr. put me on Klonopin 2mg 1 tab 5 times daily when I was 19 and its a wonder drug. I'm 23 now and I'm not panic free completely but when I feel it coming I take a tablet and the fear is all gone in 20 minutes. I'm 23 now and if you take it properly it will help you greatly. Anxiety runs in my family and its a terrible thing. My life is normal thanks to Klonopin.

February 4, 2014 5:59 AM

Review by Feelmuchbetter55:

One thing I learned while taking 0.5mg of clonazepam as a sleep aid, it did help my panic attacks that I had for about 7 years. Side effects weren't bad at all. But one thing you might want to try if you take this medicine for panic attacks. I was told during this time that I was now a diabetic. For six months I did away with 98% of my normal sugar intake, and along with the clonazepam, it did wonders for my panic attacks. Sugar acts as brain fuel and to much of it puts the brain in overdrive (it doesn't take much) which puts you on edge for panic attacks. I recommend cutting out at least 50% of your sugar intake. Your notice a big difference. I also lost a huge amount of weight. Cost nothing to try. It worked for me. P.S., no sodas or Juices.

December 31, 2013 8:19 PM

Review by Crvman:

Having lived with my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and panic disorder. Klonopin seemed to be what I needed. It eliminated my issues by 95%. And it has a longer half life so it can be taken daily. It's given me my life back.

December 19, 2013 1:57 PM

Review by jules49:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I slept great but I became extremily sad and disconnected. I developed cold like symptoms; sore throat, congestion, dry mouth. I had to stop taking it. I was only prescribed 0.5 mg.

October 1, 2013 11:59 PM

Review by Virginia27 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I struggled with anxiety and panic disorder most of my life. As a child, I was unable to eat in the cafeteria or read aloud because I hated to be watched by others. Progressively it got worse, peaking when I graduated from college and got my real job. Having tried Buspar, Effexor and Lexapro with no progress but a whole lot of weight gain, I gave up. Finally my doctor offered me 0.5 mg Klonopin prescription and it has been life changing. I have been taking it for about 8 months. My only issue is that he is still suggesting another SSRI which I'm tired of trying. Now he's suggesting Paxil which I don't want. I just want to stick with what I know works right now which is 0.5 mg Klonopin as needed.

September 29, 2013 8:26 AM

Review by Strong mind (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): Been on Klonopin for 3 years. Started with 0.5mg twice a day, but only took it in the morning. Built up a tolerance and am now on 1mg every morning. Anxiety is back and doc wants me to take 1.5mg to 2mg every morning. Try to take an extra dose only when panic is close. Afraid to keep increasing this medicine because I want it to work when I really need it.

September 25, 2013 3:23 PM

Review by Joseph90210:

Excellent medication. It saved my life. I am a normal person again. The key to panic disorder is to find the adequate treatment for the severity of your condition. I took almost 5 years to find the adequate doctor and treatment, but I think that time and proper medications have cured this terrible disease.

September 23, 2013 6:16 AM

Review by Diesel7758:

Clonazepam makes it so I can leave the house in the morning. I always used to get bad panic attacks, shivering, throwing up, sweating, etc. But now I'm on 1 mg clonazepam twice a day and I'm much better.

September 7, 2013 12:14 AM

Review by Rickson (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): On it for almost 2 years. 8 mg's /day all taken in the morning. Sets me up for the day with no anxiety.

August 28, 2013 9:26 AM

Review by BioGuy (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Best medication I've tried to combat panic/anxiety attacks. Prescribed 1mg twice daily as needed and it's been a God send. I'm a relatively "big" guy, not overweight but tall and broad. It's been wonderful so far and have a very compassionate physician who listens and has me in his best interest. Yes, during the down times, it can make you a bit sleepy/drowsy but haven't had a single panic/anxiety attack since beginning the medicine. It's given my life back and that's priceless. I can now function at my optimal capacity. I hate to rely on pharmaceutical solutions but this one has changed my life for the ultimate best.

August 12, 2013 12:57 PM

Review by S3E3 (taken for less than 1 month):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I have post traumatic stress disorder and PCs. My psychiatrist switched me from Ativan to clonazepam a few weeks ago. It is powerful and effective. I am prescribed 0.5mg 3X daily (and 200mg of sertraline). It lasts a LONG time and can take up to 4 hours to peak, so if you take 0.5mg, wait a half hour, (decide its not working) and take another half. I now take a quarter of a pill (0.25mg) at a time and give it at LEAST 2 hours to kick in (because I like being able to leave the house once in a while).

August 7, 2013 8:34 PM

Review by heidibsmom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I take 0.5 mg twice daily - actually Xanax worked slightly better, but my doctor believes Klonopon has less risk of addiction, so he prescribed it for long term use, which I need to treat panic disorder. My panic disorder emerged as a young child and then went into remission from my twenties through my early forties, only to crop up again a few months ago. I take 100 mg of Zoloft for depression and the Klonopin for the panic and I have my life back. I do get a little tired each day, but my range of emotions are normal, not desperate, hopeless and fraught with terror of panic. These medicines area a God send and I thank God daily for them.

August 4, 2013 11:11 PM

Review by donaldeasterling (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): Completely changed my life for the better. I've had panic attacks for as long as I can remember, literally. I should have been diagnosed at a young age and who knows how things would have turned out, BUT it does help tremendously. I get that doctors are hesitant to prescribe it because it is scheduled and realistically you will be on benzocdiazepines forever if you have serious panic problems like I do, and I know many of you know how debilitating this disease is. But what is better; intractable panic all day with your teeth being ground down and your BP 200/120, or being on a relatively harmless controlled substance that can give you a life? Not a hard choice to me!

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2013 12:41 AM

Review by ash33112790:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I was diagnosed with bipolar at 12. Been on probably every medicine out there. At 20 got pregnant with my baby girl, after having her at 21 had crazy panic attacks and anxiety never in my life have I had that. I started on 2mg of Xanax 3x a day felt so doped. Went to Klonopins and they have even stopped my bipolar meds CRAZY! IT WORKS WONDERS, BEEN ON FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS.

June 24, 2013 8:42 AM

Review by LOARA71 (taken for 10 years or more):

Saved my life. I had panic attacks and didn't know it. I lived in CA where I was diagnosed by a psychiatrist. My anxiety and panic attacks also raise my blood pressure somewhat high. Unfortunately, I moved to WA and I had difficulty finding a doctor who would continue my medical dosage of it at all. I just found a doctor now who will prescribe it.

June 12, 2013 3:48 AM

Review by Animal46 (taken for less than 1 month):

Klonopin (clonazepam): 46 years old and suffered from untreated anxiety since I was 12. Last December had my first panic attack and everything went to hell after that. Doc put me on 0.05 mg Klonopin 1 x a day which I split up and take one half in the morning and half before bed. Also take 10 mg Celexa as well, which seems to work well together with the Klonopin. Needless to say the last week since I've started these I've been better, more motivated and not so anxious, not to mention sleeping all the way through the night. People say don't take Klonopin daily or watch out for withdrawal from long term use? Why stop using it if it has been working for years? Think about what your life was like before using it..cannot have been pleasant. It helps some people live better.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 23, 2013 11:07 AM

Review by liaa (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I have panic disorder....very effective.

May 6, 2013 11:08 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I've been on Clonazepam for anxiety and panic disorder for about 5-6 years. I am prescribed 1 mg 2 x a day. I don't take it that often, I take it as needed and usually only need 1/2 of one to get stop the panic attack, on rare occasion I take 1 whole if it's a really bad one but that isn't very often at all seems though I can stop them before they get extreme. It works GREAT for me, with no side effects at all. And even after being on them for such a long period of time, I've not had to up my dose ever. I still take the same amount I started with (as needed). This was a lifesaver for me, as I was too anxious to even take meds before them. I feel safe now and know that this will work. Recommend!

May 5, 2013 1:08 PM