User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Review Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Panic Disorder

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Caution: this medication is highly effective for almost every anxiety disorder that exists, somewhat TOO helpful which is how it's easy to abuse it; but doing so will be life devastating. Using this drug responsibly at a reasonable dosage is highly effective managing anxiety disorders and I testify that it compliments antidepressants very well. Daily users need to be proven the benefits outweigh the risks. Taken daily for 5 years, still as effective and no need to 'up my dosage'."

Alexander-X (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 23, 2015

"Started having my first panic attacks when I was 40. They were a little scary, but not bad. At the age of 45, I had my first REAL one! I couldn't breath. I truly thought I was going to die. My husband took me to the hospital where instead of treating me for panic- they threw me in the Psychiatric hospital for two weeks where I could not speak to or see my family! Upon release I was diagnosed with a ... A...panic attack. I was given Klonapin to use as needed. Don't need to use it often.... But when I do, the 2 mg wafers save my life!"

KitKT (taken for 10 years or more) August 20, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Klonopin saved my life!!! I have been having panic attacks since I was 8 yrs old. Klonopin is the only benzodiazepine that helps take the panic away. Life saver!!! Don't worry about the sides it can't be worse thn the attacks."

Kennysus (taken for 10 years or more) August 15, 2015

"Started this about six months ago and was taking it as needed then started having panic attacks at night. I take 1 0.5 tablet before bed and I don't have racing thoughts or any panic attacks at all and if I do it knocks them out within 10 minutes. They were debilitating my life and this is the only med that saved me from daily panic attacks. I take this and Prozac and feel a thousand times better and am able to function"

Leayre July 28, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Klonopin helps my anxiety, panic disorder, and insomnia... I take it on an as needed basis and it's one mg tablet"

Cagney Crouch (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 28, 2015

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam): "Panic attacks literally make you face your own death in the face. Until using Klonopin, I spent a lot of time and money in the ER. I have taken Xanax and Ativan in the past, but nothing has helped me s much as Klonopin. The wafers are great, because they melt in your mouth and get into your system quickly. For me, they usually start having a positive, calming effect within 20 to 30 minutes."

Stickian (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "i started having panic attacks at the age of 15, i had no idea what they were until i was 32, i lived in a silent hell from 15 to 32, i was finally diagnosed at 32 with panic disorder without agorophobia. I was prescribed prozac and xanex but I also have a pill phobia and continued to battle this horror meds free until now , i am 44. I was at my witts end and my doctor begged me to try Klonopin, she even let me take it in the office ans wait, thank goodness, it felt like i finally had some help, i take 1 mg daily and I can live with some hope that if i have anxiety something can help me. I cant believe i lived without anything for so long. YES you can do it without meds but the damage your doing to your body is not worth it, Thanks Knpin"

Mark510 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Approximately twenty years ago, I was taken by ambulance twice and once by car to ER where they gave me something that calmed me. It was similar to a seizure. Nothing ever triggered these attacks. It just came upon me very fast. I was enjoying my career and life; I'm very social. My doctor finally sent me to a Psychologist and he diagnosed me with panic attacks. There was a name for this!! I was prescribed something similar to Klonopin and when Klonopin came on the market, he prescribed 0.5mg twice a day. I have had no adverse side effects, only positive. I have never had another panic attack and do not plan to ever stop taking Klonopin. I am the same person I was and live life to the fullest in a new phase of 'early retirement'!!"

janinpa (taken for 10 years or more) June 23, 2015

"Hi every1 . I would like to share some of my experiences , when i was 25 ( now im 27 ) my father passed away . He was my hero and always will be . After that life changing blow i started getting severe panic attacks in the form of severe nausia , sickness and eventually throwing up every 3-5 minutes and im not throwing up anything . I feel like i am truly going to die at that moment . The ONLY thing that has helped me is Rivotril or clonazepam they say its the same . The only problem is that when i have to take R while im having an attack i have to concentrate not to throw up again the medicine .. after 15 mins i feel like nothing happened except alittle drowsiness . i take it only precautinary when i know ill have a stressfull day ."

The one two (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 9, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Warning: This drug is highly addictive (think heroin- it’s so addictive) I went on it 5 years ago when i started using anti-depressants. The doctor prescribed them to me to sleep because the anti-depressants were keeping me up at night. This drug is a seriously dangerous med! I will say that it was the best medication for anxiety, but its side effects and addictive traits made it a horrible experience for me. I strongly recommend that people do not use this medication or any form anxiety medication. I also suggest people keep way from anti-depressants. I use exercise (cardio) 45 minutes a day to help me beat this issue. I also take 5000 mg of Niacinimide a day. Also keep off alcohol, and caffeine. Eat well."

P Christopher May 31, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I've had panic disorder for 36 years, in addition to ptsd, and ocd. Clonazepam 1mg twice daily has enabled me to have some sort of life. Panic disorder reduces quality of life, and I more or less live in a bubble. However, integrated with CBT, I am finding that my "bubble" is expanding. I'm able to go out of the house, drive, and function throughout the day. After taking it for several years with success, my new psych wants me to discontinue it due to addictive properties. So, back to living in my bubble, I guess. Why do they create a useful medication, and then tell you that you can't take it any longer? Drs overprescribe, FDA cracks down, and those that benefit from it are left in the dirt."

zepheringram (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2015

"For panic attacks, this drug works like a dream. Takes away the panic attack and the only side effect is a little drowsiness if you have to take more than a pill or two per day. Normally, .25 of clonazepam works for me, but over the years, I've found it to be less effective and need to take .50mg of it to knock out the panic attack. I only take it for emergency situations. It can be addictive/habit forming, but I have not had this problem with it. Usually takes about 20 - 30 mins. for it to work for me and then I feel just fine."

callisto9 (taken for 10 years or more) May 12, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This medication has done wonders for me and a lot of other people I know I swear I wouldn't ever wish panic anxiety disorder on my worst enemy's. It is the worst and I'm sure you all know that Klonopin has helped so very much. I Would have to say that it is definitely the best benzo and I have been on all of them at one point or another."

sactown916712 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 9, 2015

"I've been prescribed Klonopin (1mg twice daily) for literally years and have yet to encounter another panic attack as of this writing. It's effects are amazing and while my physician keeps close tabs on me, I've yet to encounter any tolerance to it's effect. Since my anxiety and panic are so debilitating, I'm prescribed it with both Effexor and propranolol and honestly couldn't feel more any more normal. I hate to be tied to the medicinal 'ball and chain' but I'm finally freed from years of worry and panic and can now proudly state that I'm back to normal and living the challenging life I was meant to confront without a single twinge of anxiety/panic. For me, it could not get any better! :)"

Jason G (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 7, 2015

"A life saver to say nonetheless. I am currently on two 1mg tablets of Clonazepam a day. I must say I haven't felt better and since my doctor prescribed it I haven't had any anxiety attacks or random out of the blue panic attacks. I was doing the lab rat routine for years. All the basic SSRI"s and trilicylic anti-depressants just weren't doing it. Now I take my two tablets (1mg) a day and I couldn't be better. Combined with my 50mg trazadone -for my insomnia disorder- one a night before bed I couldn't be better. My quality of life has undeniably, drastically, and fortunately improved."

sb1991 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 22, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I'm a 24 year old male. Panic disorder and severe anxiety runs in my family. It is hereditary. I seen a Dr at the age of 16 and started on Xanax 0.5mg and Xanax worked till I was 19. My friend gave me a klonopin 1mg tablet during a panic attack while I was with him and had no Xanax with me. I like how klonopin worked compared to Xanax, seen my Dr a week later and at the time was on Xanax XR 2mg 2 tablets twice daily. I asked to switch Klonopin and he put me on Klonopin 2mg 1 tablet taken 5 times daily and it's what I take currently now and keeps the anxiety away."

I'mpjyesimanxious23 (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 17, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was suffering with terrible panic attacks for a few years before the attacks became more and more severe and i was starting to have the panic attacks more often. I hope none of you ever have to go thru even one panic attack. I can't explain fully how they make you feel but I was sure during each time I had one of these attacks that I might actually die. So much starts to happen to my body during an atfack. My heart feels like it is going to literally explode. My breathing becomes hyperventalating. So finally I was prescribed 1mg of klonapin 2 x a day and it has worked wonders in helping stop attacks"

Donnie0315 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "It works. I have panic attacks and then I have severe full blown three days without sleeping panic attacks. I only take 1mg when I am having the severe attacks and I make sure I only take that much. I would say I take maybe 2 mg a month. The reason why is because this really should be used for worst case scenarios and not for moderate anxiety and panic. The withdraws are unbelievably monstrous, worse than anything else. Taking it everyday is a horrible idea because you will never get off unless you go to rehab. Klonopin needs to be used with extreme caution. Get cognitive behavioral therapy for you everyday moderate panic attacks and use klonopin for this emergency "can't get out if this" episodes. It is a tool, not a crutch"

sbeebop April 12, 2015

"I have suffered from anxiety since I was 17. I had a very traumatic experience and I believe that is what triggered my GAD. It got horribly bad while going through a custody battle and dealing with my ex. I was taken to the hospital during a severe attack and formally diagnosed for the second time with GAD. I was presecribed Clonazepam and it has worked wonders for me. I have been on it for a little over a year. Granted my doses do go up occasionally. I started at .25 and slowly moved to 1mg. I refuse to take Xanax because of an addiction I had when I was a teenager. I take my meds as prescribed. 1mg 2x daily. There are days I try to control my anxiety and do pretty well and won't need my meds and then other days where I definitely need it."

JaeW14 April 6, 2015

"I had started taking this medication after I slowly went of off lorazepam since it stopped working for my panic attacks. I found that Clonazepam took time in beginning to work since it long lasting one than after couple hours to days it started working for my panic attacks and insomnia issues. It helps my pins and needles issues too and my blood pressure is normal too. The only problem is it makes my depression sometimes worse. I also get little bit over sleepy like in daytime I feel a hangover of sleepiness and sometimes I feel bit dopey so I take two 5mg of it at night time but If I feel it too much I sometimes take 1 in a half to limit too much sleepiness. I also am afraid to lose my brain because I tend to forget where I put things at."

peppermintlightningpatty (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2015

"I have been on Klonipin for 15 years now 1mg up to 4 x day and this has been a godsend. It really works for me, I suffered from severe panic attacks, I couldn't leave the house, I just knew with every attack that this time "I really was dying" and then my family doctor said lets give this medicine a try and immediately I was in control again. None of the drowsiness or side effects as with Valium and Xanax, just no panic attacks. What a life changing, wonderful medicine this is. What I don't understand is when we have moved and had to change family doctors they always felt it was necessary to try and change my medication. The Dr. always ends up putting me back on the Klonipin because it works wonderfully. For me its a lifesaver."

bentlysmom February 26, 2015

"This is a MIRACLE med. for me. I've been on it close to 20 years. I've never abused my dosage. I'm 50 yrs old now, but All my life since I was a child I was taking pills. My Mom always called them Nerve Pills, but they never helped. I would try to explain to Dr's for Many yrs of how I was feeling. Finally I met my future husband who I told how I felt & he advised me to try Klonopins/Clonazepam. I did and my life completely changed for the better. Nothing else works for my Anxiety/Panic Attacks. "

Diane,Modesto,California (taken for 10 years or more) February 17, 2015

"I was prescribed this along with Cymbalta and Atarax to help with diagnosed Agoraphobia with panic disorder and depression. I have only been on 0.5mg twice daily for 5 days and I'm already noticing an improvement. Hoping some of the drowsiness goes away eventually, but I'm sure it will. So far it seems like a life saver. I have been searching for the right treatment and physician to help me for over 15 plus years and finally feel like some relief has finally arrived. Will have to see over time though, but so far very satisfied with Klonopins results."

jimmypop (taken for less than 1 month) November 24, 2014

"Took Klonopin first and I felt drunk. My speech was slurred and it was too strong for me. I took 4 tablets a day. Then switched to TEVA Clonzepam and panic attacks are gone shaking gone not being able to walk or talk gone able to drive once and a while at times I still suffer from panic in my sleep but not like before. I feel very confident on this medication The only real drawback is that it is a controlled substance and during a winter storm if I cannot get my medicines I start shaking and can't talk or walk. "

Guitarjudy (taken for 10 years or more) November 22, 2014