User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam review summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Panic Disorder

Review by sb1991 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

A life saver to say nonetheless. I am currently on two 1mg tablets of Clonazepam a day. I must say I haven't felt better and since my doctor prescribed it I haven't had any anxiety attacks or random out of the blue panic attacks. I was doing the lab rat routine for years. All the basic SSRI"s and trilicylic anti-depressants just weren't doing it. Now I take my two tablets (1mg) a day and I couldn't be better. Combined with my 50mg trazadone -for my insomnia disorder- one a night before bed I couldn't be better. My quality of life has undeniably, drastically, and fortunately improved.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 22, 2015 1:14 AM

Review by I'mpjyesimanxious23 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I'm a 24 year old male. Panic disorder and severe anxiety runs in my family. It is hereditary. I seen a Dr at the age of 16 and started on Xanax 0.5mg and Xanax worked till I was 19. My friend gave me a klonopin 1mg tablet during a panic attack while I was with him and had no Xanax with me. I like how klonopin worked compared to Xanax, seen my Dr a week later and at the time was on Xanax XR 2mg 2 tablets twice daily. I asked to switch Klonopin and he put me on Klonopin 2mg 1 tablet taken 5 times daily and it's what I take currently now and keeps the anxiety away.

April 17, 2015 6:11 PM

Review by Donnie0315 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I was suffering with terrible panic attacks for a few years before the attacks became more and more severe and i was starting to have the panic attacks more often. I hope none of you ever have to go thru even one panic attack. I can't explain fully how they make you feel but I was sure during each time I had one of these attacks that I might actually die. So much starts to happen to my body during an atfack. My heart feels like it is going to literally explode. My breathing becomes hyperventalating. So finally I was prescribed 1mg of klonapin 2 x a day and it has worked wonders in helping stop attacks

April 12, 2015 5:03 PM

Review by sbeebop:

Klonopin (clonazepam): It works. I have panic attacks and then I have severe full blown three days without sleeping panic attacks. I only take 1mg when I am having the severe attacks and I make sure I only take that much. I would say I take maybe 2 mg a month. The reason why is because this really should be used for worst case scenarios and not for moderate anxiety and panic. The withdraws are unbelievably monstrous, worse than anything else. Taking it everyday is a horrible idea because you will never get off unless you go to rehab. Klonopin needs to be used with extreme caution. Get cognitive behavioral therapy for you everyday moderate panic attacks and use klonopin for this emergency "can't get out if this" episodes. It is a tool, not a crutch

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 12, 2015 1:16 PM

Review by JaeW14:

I have suffered from anxiety since I was 17. I had a very traumatic experience and I believe that is what triggered my GAD. It got horribly bad while going through a custody battle and dealing with my ex. I was taken to the hospital during a severe attack and formally diagnosed for the second time with GAD. I was presecribed Clonazepam and it has worked wonders for me. I have been on it for a little over a year. Granted my doses do go up occasionally. I started at .25 and slowly moved to 1mg. I refuse to take Xanax because of an addiction I had when I was a teenager. I take my meds as prescribed. 1mg 2x daily. There are days I try to control my anxiety and do pretty well and won't need my meds and then other days where I definitely need it.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 6, 2015 12:17 AM

Review by peppermintlightningpatty (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I had started taking this medication after I slowly went of off lorazepam since it stopped working for my panic attacks. I found that Clonazepam took time in beginning to work since it long lasting one than after couple hours to days it started working for my panic attacks and insomnia issues. It helps my pins and needles issues too and my blood pressure is normal too. The only problem is it makes my depression sometimes worse. I also get little bit over sleepy like in daytime I feel a hangover of sleepiness and sometimes I feel bit dopey so I take two 5mg of it at night time but If I feel it too much I sometimes take 1 in a half to limit too much sleepiness. I also am afraid to lose my brain because I tend to forget where I put things at.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 31, 2015 11:47 PM

Review by Diane,Modesto,California (taken for 10 years or more):

This is a MIRACLE med. for me. I've been on it close to 20 years. I've never abused my dosage. I'm 50 yrs old now, but All my life since I was a child I was taking pills. My Mom always called them Nerve Pills, but they never helped. I would try to explain to Dr's for Many yrs of how I was feeling. Finally I met my future husband who I told how I felt & he advised me to try Klonopins/Clonazepam. I did and my life completely changed for the better. Nothing else works for my Anxiety/Panic Attacks.

February 17, 2015 2:17 PM

Review by jimmypop (taken for less than 1 month):

I was prescribed this along with Cymbalta and Atarax to help with diagnosed Agoraphobia with panic disorder and depression. I have only been on 0.5mg twice daily for 5 days and I'm already noticing an improvement. Hoping some of the drowsiness goes away eventually, but I'm sure it will. So far it seems like a life saver. I have been searching for the right treatment and physician to help me for over 15 plus years and finally feel like some relief has finally arrived. Will have to see over time though, but so far very satisfied with Klonopins results.

November 24, 2014 1:30 PM

Review by Guitarjudy (taken for 10 years or more):

Took Klonopin first and I felt drunk. My speech was slurred and it was too strong for me. I took 4 tablets a day. Then switched to TEVA Clonzepam and panic attacks are gone shaking gone not being able to walk or talk gone able to drive once and a while at times I still suffer from panic in my sleep but not like before. I feel very confident on this medication The only real drawback is that it is a controlled substance and during a winter storm if I cannot get my medicines I start shaking and can't talk or walk.

November 22, 2014 10:50 PM

Review by Joey Moley (taken for less than 1 month):

Works Amazingly!

October 26, 2014 10:25 PM

Review by Joe Shoe (taken for less than 1 month):

Klonopin (clonazepam): Works Amazingly!

October 26, 2014 10:20 PM

Review by Denise 10:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I've been in a trauma back in 1990 a week after I had no clue what was wrong I was guinea pigged with you name in then put on Klonopin 1 mg 9 times a day now was on 4 1 mg cut down to 3. It honesty is the only thing out of everything I've taken that gave me back a normal life it goes straight to my chest and takes ALL my anxiety and panic away. Better than 20 mg Xanax by far because its long lasting.

October 20, 2014 7:40 PM

Review by Swill75:

I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, major depression, and panic/anxiety attacks. I have had PTSD most of my life I just didn't know what it was. I have been in and out of therapy for 15 years now. My psychiatrist has put me on all kinds of combinations of medications. Right now I am on 40 mg of Celexa once a day and 2mg of clonazepam 4x a day. I have been on Lorazepam and Ativan but they only work a few days. I was on Xanax for many years and it worked great, my dosage kept going up, I was taking 2 mg 4x a day and still had anxiety attack. I am now on clonazepam and have been for most of the last 12 years. Occasionally they will stop working and I am put on Xanax after 2 months they stop working and I am put on clonazepam again and they work again.

October 9, 2014 5:30 PM

Review by cwburke:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I have very bad panic and anxiety attacks. Attack would last for up to 3 to 4 hours. It first started when I was 30 years old and was admitted to a mental institution for a month for my own protection. I am now 46 years old ,when I now feel an attack coming on I can basically control it now and take 1 mg of Klonopin. It does take some time to work, but when it kicks in, it works great. I did at one stage try go off it, but the withdrawals were so bad I had to go back on it. I take 1mg at night and then as needed. To all you people out there who think you are alone with this monster in your head, you are not. Think and say positive thoughts, its works.

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 1, 2014 10:40 PM

Review by PanicNoMore (taken for less than 1 month):

Pretty much a lifesaver. I've been struggling for years with panic/anxiety attacks and it has had a negative effect on my social life. Especially in school. I was always afraid to get up in class to speak class and found myself avoiding it all together if possible. My voice would shake, I'd trip over my own words, I'd start sweating and my heart would race so fast that you could practically hear it. Having social anxiety has been a nightmare. It stemmed from years of bullying and abuse growing up and never had any hope until my Dr prescribed 0.5mg of clonazepam twice a day. I take one in the morning and one at night. I can now go to class with confidence and wasn't anxious at all when I had to read aloud. I was completely calm. I love it.

September 25, 2014 1:23 AM

Review by SpazzySpazz (taken for less than 1 month):

Klonopin (clonazepam): A very good medication. I never felt so calm in my entire life. Withdrawals from it do suck though. I take it as needed

September 18, 2014 12:48 PM

Review by Anne-Ana:

Klonopin (clonazepam): Great for Panic disorder.

September 3, 2014 1:40 PM

Review by CheeTah51 (taken for 10 years or more):

Before I was prescribed clonazepam (2mg daily) Paxil (10mg daily) was prescribed (but there are many more I could list as time passed) for major depression. I was having scary nightmares, very disturbing to me. I think for myself this medicine is super, no side effects. I am currently off any antidepressant and have taken 2mg nightly. If I feel anxiety and can not stop the feeling, I will take 1mg. I plan to cut my dose to 1mg nightly. I feel, finally after 20 years of medicines I can handle my problems without medication per my doctors ok. Let's hope. I pray I can do this.

August 4, 2014 2:32 AM

Review by Pb600004:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I first started out on Lamictal and unfortunately got a rash from it. I then was moved onto Ativans and those worked but only for a short period of time. This is by far the best medication, but, it takes a little bit longer to kick in compared to the Ativan. My panic attacks come out of nowhere and it's unfortunate that it doesn't kick in as fast. That's why I gave it an 8.

August 1, 2014 5:56 AM

Review by Ian AC (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I've struggled with panic attacks, anxiety, and other symptoms stemming from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. First my Dr gave me Ativan which made me tired, and helped with my symptoms slightly. After a couple of days though, it just stopped working. I was then bumped up to low dose Xanax which worked slightly better but my dose kept needing to be increased because of the loss of effectiveness. The other problem I had with Xanax was that 15 minutes after I took it I felt like I had a piano dropped on my head, and then 2 hours later all effects were gone. Clonazepam, however, has been far more effective. It does not hit you all at once. It is steady, and long lasting. 1 MG 4x daily, and no need for a raise since I switched 6 months ago.

July 29, 2014 12:34 PM

Review by misty swamp:

Taken for "panic disorder" but also serves as anti-convulsant for Wellbutrin dosage. Taken various other meds with it ("mood stabilizers" and antipsychotics, lithium for bipolar) in various combinations (due to bipolar) that have affected the effectiveness of the medication, and have been at 4mg for 10ish years. It's never given me any side effects ever, has worked some with other meds, but found a good combination where it is really working so much better: 1mg 4x daily (one of those at bed time), Wellbutrin, Topomax ("mood stabilizer), Prozac. I am still trying to get over the semi-agoraphobia (can't get out alone, only with another person) that an antipsychotic caused with daily anxiety/panic attacks. But the clonazepam is working now.

July 28, 2014 2:50 PM

Review by Sleepingbeautay (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I'm going through a custody battle right now and this is the ONLY thing getting me through the days with a clear head. My boyfriend after 20 years said if I leave him (he's abusive) that he'd take everything from me. He wasn't kidding. He knows I've suffered with panic disorder since I was 16. My dr put me on Prozac and that's helping a little bit to control crying. But the Klonopin is giving my heart and mind a chance to breathe again when I take it as needed. I take two 0.5/mg sometimes together or apart. Ativan & Xanax never worked on me before. I feel so present in the moment when I take my Klonopin.

June 19, 2014 8:14 PM

Review by Untitled90 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I'm diagnosed with Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia. I started to see a doctor at the age of 16. I was on Xanax 1mg till 19-20 years old and it didn't do the trick anymore and made me mean. My doctor put me on Klonopin 2mg 1 tablet 4 times daily and its brought my life back.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 26, 2014 9:24 PM

Review by Sapphirebeast:

I had been on Xanax for my severe panic disorder but it would wear off so fast I would find myself actually craving another one. I was honest with my doctor about the rising addiction to it and she put me on clonazepam. I stay calm and sleep better. I can go outside and go for a walk. I can hang out with my friend. I like it better than Xanax way more. G.J.

May 13, 2014 3:59 PM

Review by sugargliderbaby (taken for 10 years or more):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I was born into the middle of WWII in England and have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Also was sexually assaulted at the age of 4 yrs. I came over here to the States at the age of 13 and it all went downhill from there. I have major depression and have been on Prozac for many, many years. I have also been taking Klonopin for as many years and it has given me some kind of normal life. I used to get the tremors so bad that the ambulance people thought it was a grand mal seizure attack. I still get these attacks once in a while but with the help of Klonopin I can actually calm myself back to a normal state of being. I wouldn't call it a wonder medicine but it certainly helps me.

May 12, 2014 6:39 PM