User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam review summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Panic Disorder

Review by Guitarjudy (taken for 10 years or more):

Took Klonopin first and I felt drunk. My speech was slurred and it was too strong for me. I took 4 tablets a day. Then switched to TEVA Clonzepam and panic attacks are gone shaking gone not being able to walk or talk gone able to drive once and a while at times I still suffer from panic in my sleep but not like before. I feel very confident on this medication The only real drawback is that it is a controlled substance and during a winter storm if I cannot get my medicines I start shaking and can't talk or walk.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 10:50 PM

Review by Joey Moley (taken for less than 1 month):

Works Amazingly!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2014 10:25 PM

Review by Joe Shoe (taken for less than 1 month):

Klonopin (clonazepam): Works Amazingly!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2014 10:20 PM

Review by Swill75:

I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, major depression, and panic/anxiety attacks. I have had PTSD most of my life I just didn't know what it was. I have been in and out of therapy for 15 years now. My psychiatrist has put me on all kinds of combinations of medications. Right now I am on 40 mg of Celexa once a day and 2mg of clonazepam 4x a day. I have been on Lorazepam and Ativan but they only work a few days. I was on Xanax for many years and it worked great, my dosage kept going up, I was taking 2 mg 4x a day and still had anxiety attack. I am now on clonazepam and have been for most of the last 12 years. Occasionally they will stop working and I am put on Xanax after 2 months they stop working and I am put on clonazepam again and they work again.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 9, 2014 5:30 PM

Review by cwburke:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I have very bad panic and anxiety attacks. Attack would last for up to 3 to 4 hours. It first started when I was 30 years old and was admitted to a mental institution for a month for my own protection. I am now 46 years old ,when I now feel an attack coming on I can basically control it now and take 1 mg of Klonopin. It does take some time to work, but when it kicks in, it works great. I did at one stage try go off it, but the withdrawals were so bad I had to go back on it. I take 1mg at night and then as needed. To all you people out there who think you are alone with this monster in your head, you are not. Think and say positive thoughts, its works.

October 1, 2014 10:40 PM

Review by PanicNoMore (taken for less than 1 month):

Pretty much a lifesaver. I've been struggling for years with panic/anxiety attacks and it has had a negative effect on my social life. Especially in school. I was always afraid to get up in class to speak class and found myself avoiding it all together if possible. My voice would shake, I'd trip over my own words, I'd start sweating and my heart would race so fast that you could practically hear it. Having social anxiety has been a nightmare. It stemmed from years of bullying and abuse growing up and never had any hope until my Dr prescribed 0.5mg of clonazepam twice a day. I take one in the morning and one at night. I can now go to class with confidence and wasn't anxious at all when I had to read aloud. I was completely calm. I love it.

September 25, 2014 1:23 AM

Review by SpazzySpazz (taken for less than 1 month):

Klonopin (clonazepam): A very good medication. I never felt so calm in my entire life. Withdrawals from it do suck though. I take it as needed

September 18, 2014 12:48 PM

Review by Anne-Ana:

Klonopin (clonazepam): Great for Panic disorder.

September 3, 2014 1:40 PM

Review by CheeTah51 (taken for 10 years or more):

Before I was prescribed clonazepam (2mg daily) Paxil (10mg daily) was prescribed (but there are many more I could list as time passed) for major depression. I was having scary nightmares, very disturbing to me. I think for myself this medicine is super, no side effects. I am currently off any antidepressant and have taken 2mg nightly. If I feel anxiety and can not stop the feeling, I will take 1mg. I plan to cut my dose to 1mg nightly. I feel, finally after 20 years of medicines I can handle my problems without medication per my doctors ok. Let's hope. I pray I can do this.

August 4, 2014 2:32 AM

Review by Pb600004:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I first started out on Lamictal and unfortunately got a rash from it. I then was moved onto Ativans and those worked but only for a short period of time. This is by far the best medication, but, it takes a little bit longer to kick in compared to the Ativan. My panic attacks come out of nowhere and it's unfortunate that it doesn't kick in as fast. That's why I gave it an 8.

August 1, 2014 5:56 AM

Review by Ian AC (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I've struggled with panic attacks, anxiety, and other symptoms stemming from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. First my Dr gave me Ativan which made me tired, and helped with my symptoms slightly. After a couple of days though, it just stopped working. I was then bumped up to low dose Xanax which worked slightly better but my dose kept needing to be increased because of the loss of effectiveness. The other problem I had with Xanax was that 15 minutes after I took it I felt like I had a piano dropped on my head, and then 2 hours later all effects were gone. Clonazepam, however, has been far more effective. It does not hit you all at once. It is steady, and long lasting. 1 MG 4x daily, and no need for a raise since I switched 6 months ago.

July 29, 2014 12:34 PM

Review by misty swamp:

Taken for "panic disorder" but also serves as anti-convulsant for Wellbutrin dosage. Taken various other meds with it ("mood stabilizers" and antipsychotics, lithium for bipolar) in various combinations (due to bipolar) that have affected the effectiveness of the medication, and have been at 4mg for 10ish years. It's never given me any side effects ever, has worked some with other meds, but found a good combination where it is really working so much better: 1mg 4x daily (one of those at bed time), Wellbutrin, Topomax ("mood stabilizer), Prozac. I am still trying to get over the semi-agoraphobia (can't get out alone, only with another person) that an antipsychotic caused with daily anxiety/panic attacks. But the clonazepam is working now.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2014 2:50 PM

Review by Sleepingbeautay (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I'm going through a custody battle right now and this is the ONLY thing getting me through the days with a clear head. My boyfriend after 20 years said if I leave him (he's abusive) that he'd take everything from me. He wasn't kidding. He knows I've suffered with panic disorder since I was 16. My dr put me on Prozac and that's helping a little bit to control crying. But the Klonopin is giving my heart and mind a chance to breathe again when I take it as needed. I take two 0.5/mg sometimes together or apart. Ativan & Xanax never worked on me before. I feel so present in the moment when I take my Klonopin.

June 19, 2014 8:14 PM

Review by Untitled90 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I'm diagnosed with Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia. I started to see a doctor at the age of 16. I was on Xanax 1mg till 19-20 years old and it didn't do the trick anymore and made me mean. My doctor put me on Klonopin 2mg 1 tablet 4 times daily and its brought my life back.

May 26, 2014 9:24 PM

Review by Sapphirebeast:

I had been on Xanax for my severe panic disorder but it would wear off so fast I would find myself actually craving another one. I was honest with my doctor about the rising addiction to it and she put me on clonazepam. I stay calm and sleep better. I can go outside and go for a walk. I can hang out with my friend. I like it better than Xanax way more. G.J.

May 13, 2014 3:59 PM

Review by sugargliderbaby (taken for 10 years or more):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I was born into the middle of WWII in England and have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Also was sexually assaulted at the age of 4 yrs. I came over here to the States at the age of 13 and it all went downhill from there. I have major depression and have been on Prozac for many, many years. I have also been taking Klonopin for as many years and it has given me some kind of normal life. I used to get the tremors so bad that the ambulance people thought it was a grand mal seizure attack. I still get these attacks once in a while but with the help of Klonopin I can actually calm myself back to a normal state of being. I wouldn't call it a wonder medicine but it certainly helps me.

May 12, 2014 6:39 PM

Review by Rissa2207 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I have anxiety, bipolar disorder and panic disorder & this helped alot with all of those.

May 2, 2014 5:31 AM

Review by Rickb9960 (taken for less than 1 month):

I have social anxiety disorder and panic attacks. I have been on Xanax for about 12 years, and it was a lifesaver. My new psych dr gave me 0.5 mg of Klonopin and it isn't helping at all.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2014 4:16 PM

Review by Dandawolf:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I recently switched from Xanax to Klonopin for panic disorder. Klonopin does help me get through the day but doesn't totally eliminate my anxiety. I like the fact that I don't get heavy rebound anxiety on Klonopin (as I did on Xanax) due to its longer half life. Overall quite long lasting, pretty effective, but in the crisis of a panic attack a Xanax is 1000X better for getting through it.

April 1, 2014 8:22 AM

Review by IamNOTgoingCRAZY90 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I suffer from Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia and Generalized Anxiety Disorder and some Social Anxiety. I have severe panic attacks and they come on out of no where with no warning. Ill get the derealization in my head and wont know whats going on or feel out of body, dizzy, heart will race, extreme feeling of dying. It will actually physically make me sick. My dr. put me on Klonopin 2mg 1 tab 5 times daily when I was 19 and its a wonder drug. I'm 23 now and I'm not panic free completely but when I feel it coming I take a tablet and the fear is all gone in 20 minutes. I'm 23 now and if you take it properly it will help you greatly. Anxiety runs in my family and its a terrible thing. My life is normal thanks to Klonopin.

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2014 5:59 AM

Review by Feelmuchbetter55:

One thing I learned while taking 0.5mg of clonazepam as a sleep aid, it did help my panic attacks that I had for about 7 years. Side effects weren't bad at all. But one thing you might want to try if you take this medicine for panic attacks. I was told during this time that I was now a diabetic. For six months I did away with 98% of my normal sugar intake, and along with the clonazepam, it did wonders for my panic attacks. Sugar acts as brain fuel and to much of it puts the brain in overdrive (it doesn't take much) which puts you on edge for panic attacks. I recommend cutting out at least 50% of your sugar intake. Your notice a big difference. I also lost a huge amount of weight. Cost nothing to try. It worked for me. P.S., no sodas or Juices.

December 31, 2013 8:19 PM

Review by Crvman:

Having lived with my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and panic disorder. Klonopin seemed to be what I needed. It eliminated my issues by 95%. And it has a longer half life so it can be taken daily. It's given me my life back.

December 19, 2013 1:57 PM

Review by jules49:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I slept great but I became extremily sad and disconnected. I developed cold like symptoms; sore throat, congestion, dry mouth. I had to stop taking it. I was only prescribed 0.5 mg.

October 1, 2013 11:59 PM

Review by Virginia27 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I struggled with anxiety and panic disorder most of my life. As a child, I was unable to eat in the cafeteria or read aloud because I hated to be watched by others. Progressively it got worse, peaking when I graduated from college and got my real job. Having tried Buspar, Effexor and Lexapro with no progress but a whole lot of weight gain, I gave up. Finally my doctor offered me 0.5 mg Klonopin prescription and it has been life changing. I have been taking it for about 8 months. My only issue is that he is still suggesting another SSRI which I'm tired of trying. Now he's suggesting Paxil which I don't want. I just want to stick with what I know works right now which is 0.5 mg Klonopin as needed.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 29, 2013 8:26 AM

Review by Strong mind (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): Been on Klonopin for 3 years. Started with 0.5mg twice a day, but only took it in the morning. Built up a tolerance and am now on 1mg every morning. Anxiety is back and doc wants me to take 1.5mg to 2mg every morning. Try to take an extra dose only when panic is close. Afraid to keep increasing this medicine because I want it to work when I really need it.

September 25, 2013 3:23 PM