User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam review summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 100 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

Review by JeffinMD:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I take as needed .5mg, more if needed. Works great, no side effects. Just knowing I have this 'safety net' gives me piece of mind.

February 15, 2015 11:36 AM

Review by 1mg 3 daily (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): Calm, sleep good, eat good, been on 5 years doing great.

February 11, 2015 2:36 PM

Review by Takahn:

I've suffered from severe anxiety and panic disorder since I was very young. Through the years I've taken many different medications prescribed by my physicians and have seen little relief. Those that have helped don't last very long and then the symptoms return. I've wish I didn't require any medication, however Clonazepam is the only one that provides the relief I need when life gets difficult.

January 27, 2015 6:03 PM

Review by smariedddd (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I have severe panic attacks and bipolar. I used to be on Xanax for six years. Now my Obamacare new Dr refuses. Klonopin doesn't help my panic attacks. A little calm but makes me very angry and mean. Not as strong as Xanax. Doesn't help anxiety attacks, takes too long. My heart still races.

January 23, 2015 1:30 AM

Klonopin (clonazepam): Makes me feel very depressed and anxious and agitated . It makes me feel suicidal and I can't sleep.

December 27, 2014 5:08 AM

Review by proselytise (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I use it for social anxiety and continuous thoughts, it works well and now I am far away from continuously thinking about things which are of no importance, but it makes me dizzy too, taking it for months 0.5 mg at night with 0.5 mg alprazolam at day time and 20 mg escitalopram.

December 24, 2014 4:49 AM

Review by Hman2552 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam): Recently I had a rough bout with anxiety. From out of nowhere I just lost faith in myself due to some life circumstances and an overload of work. I was losing sleep and spiraling downward at an amazing rate. I decided to talk to my doctor who prescribed Klonopin. With the first dose I felt immediate relief and to avoid dependency I only took 0.25 mg at night until I was started on an SSRI. My doctor favored the SSRI approach as better in the long run. After three months on Klonopin every day, and after the SSRI kicked in, I stepped off the Klonopin without any withdrawals like you read about on the internet. I think the key is to take the lowest dose you can or only as prescribed. The medicine worked wonders for me!

December 14, 2014 8:30 PM

Review by dirtypaws:

Klonopin (clonazepam): Reply to reviewer bjsd - I can't believe what you said in your post. I have experienced jolts and jerking of my right leg for 12 years. It took 11 years to find a doctor to take it seriously. My neurologist is going to start me on Klonopin so I enjoy reading the reviews. I have been on Ativan which helps but not much. Just knowing that I am not crazy helps so much. Thank you.

December 12, 2014 10:07 AM

Review by Doctorproctor:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I was originally prescribed 0.5 mg of Klonopin once a day with Zoloft 50mg once a day. It worked for a while but stopped and soon after, my doctor prescribed me to Klonopin 1mg once a day and Zoloft 100mg once a day.. After just three days I felt amazing results and like a changed person. No more stress, anxiety, panic or depression. Wonderful medicine to take. Just remember to meditate, walk, and stay outdoors to also help. You've got to also help yourself without relying on the medicines but they still work.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2014 3:03 PM

Review by JuztaGirl:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I suffer from Tinnitus, which causes me great anxiety. My doctor put me on Klonopin 3 times a day 0.5 mg along with Ambien and Celexa once a day. I feel so much better. I am able to ignore the noise, and when I do hear it...it don't go into panic mode. I am sleeping better than ever.

November 23, 2014 12:44 PM

Review by lxm21 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Clonazepam is the best medicine I've ever taken. I've been dealing with anxiety most of my life. Clonazepam makes me more relaxed, eliminates my racing, worrying thoughts, and lets me get back to enjoying life again. It even gets rid of my dizziness brought on by stress.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 16, 2014 12:56 PM

Review by blonddraider (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I was prescribed 3mg a day but don't want to take that much so I am trying hard to tapper to 2mg I am at 2.25mg. I still sometimes feel a little bit of anxiety not real bad but catch myself starting to get in my head and then I will breath and talk myself out of my head but why can't the medicine just keep me out of my head all the time. I never had any anxiety or panic disorder, I have always had manageable obsessive compulsive disorder. Will I ever feel like me again? I know if I am not careful I would become home bound and just sit and waste. I have a young daughter and it is not fair for her. The Klonopin does work but I feel like I can feel it wear off or that it is coming time for my next dose, or is that all in my crazy head.

November 13, 2014 10:07 PM

Review by kamoroj (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): Many people are unreasonably scared of Klonopin's bad withdrawal dramas. Well... It is true. It is a painful process to get away from Klonopin once you stepped into its comfortable zone, but I want to say I would rather feel relaxed and comfortable than struggling with unnecessary anxiety caused by Neurotransmitter unbalances. This medication truly gave me a freedom from fear and agitation and get back to my life.

167 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2014 8:33 PM

Review by EricaMora:

Klonopin (clonazepam): Made me EXTREMELY sleepy/Drowsy and didn't really feel a difference in my anxiety. Still searching.

October 29, 2014 9:38 PM

Review by 81:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I've been through a lot of loss in my life. Not quite sure if that's why but all of a sudden horrible panic attacks ! I also have equilibrium problems I can work and do most normal things but it's still a pain. My primary care prescribed this to me about 4 yrs ago. I love it. It definitely helps but now instead of a half milligram I am taking a whole once a day. But I guess my body has built a tolerance.

October 29, 2014 10:27 AM

Review by Joey Castle:

Works Amazingly! Obliterated ALL my anxiety's

October 26, 2014 10:24 PM

Review by creepynoona (taken for 1 to 6 months):

It's almost as if I'm a new person, or the person I'm meant to be. My mind used to be filled with sad, negative, anxious thoughts but now they don't exist thanks to this pill. I still have some social anxiety but it's definitely not as bad as it used to be. I never wanted to admit that I needed medicine to help me, because seeing the way other pills made my friends act turned me off. Clonazepam really does work wonders for me, some say it makes them tired but it doesn't happen like that for me (just don't take it while drinking alcohol, found that out the hard way).

October 26, 2014 10:24 PM

Review by Joe Shoe (taken for less than 1 month):

Klonopin (clonazepam): This medicine obliterated my social anxiety,anxiety ,fear,phobia,paranoia,panic,worrying and racing thoughts! I can actually function again thanks to a little green pill. I feel like superman now! I'm no longer chained downed by my own mind! I've been battling through it for years and now it's finally gone! I can be outgoing again! I feel calm now.

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2014 8:24 PM

Review by Galieness615 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I have social anxiety & take this medication on an as needed basis. I have noticed a huge change in myself once I got the dosage right. I wouldn't be able to function in social situations without it.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2014 11:50 AM

Review by bjsd:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I am 60 & have been on Klonopin for over 20 yrs. I have tried every thing under the sun, no kidding. I have not only anxiety, but chronic depression, bi-polar disorder, limb jerking, panic attacks to the extreme. I am so sensitive to meds, it's scary. So when I find something that works I stick with it. I usually only take "Brand Name", good insurance, or I couldn't. I'll tell you from experience, if you stick with an exact time line on taking it, rather than as needed, you will do a lot better. I have never had any side effects from it, a blessing. It helps with all of the above. I took myself off of about 17 medications a doc, had me on. I call them stackers. For a while I did not even know who I was. Now, I am stable, doing the best I ever have.

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 18, 2014 5:04 AM

Review by Seahorse 69 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Excellent for long lasting relief on minimal dosage. Rarely causes weakness/sleepiness, but does not give the user euphoria.

October 10, 2014 8:33 PM

Review by Rickyt7:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I take 4mg of Klonopin per day. I have done so for more than two years. I went to a clinic where a "no benzo" policy was established and I was taken off the medicine. I went through two years of agony. Neurontin was given as a substitute...it made me depressed, and nauseous. I finally had to go to a private doctor to be put back on my Klonopin and am returning to normal. The only issue I would mention is that it is not a fast acting medicine.

October 3, 2014 2:49 PM

Review by almostcrazy (taken for less than 1 month):

Klonopin (clonazepam): My anxiety came out of the blue. I had been suffering from depression and waited until I was close to rock bottom before seeing a psychiatrist. He put me on Zoloft and for about 10 days I convinced myself it was all getting better...then WHAM! I started waking up with panic that was overtaking my entire body! I took Xanax just to go to sleep for an hour. A counselor tried to get me to do breathing and muscle relaxation exercises but I was too anxious to concentrate. I had to take off work because I ABSOLUTELY COULD NOT FUNCTION! My Psychiatrist just put me on Klonopin 1mg 3x a day. That's a lot but hopefully I can taper off soon & the Zoloft can do it's job. I can now think clearly and not panic at the simple thought of bathing!

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2014 8:10 PM

Review by kjdmeTX (taken for 2 to 5 years):

I had become so nervous driving or riding in a car. My doc prescribed 2 mg Klonopin/Clonazepam and it worked wonders. No side effects and only take it at bedtime.

September 9, 2014 10:34 PM

Review by Dnz (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I started getting anxiety about a year ago out of the blue. I had to go to the ER because I thought I was dying or something. All my tests came back negative. The doctor told me it was an anxiety attack. I got sent home with nothing. A few days later I had another one. I went to my PHP and put me on clonazepam. I try not to take them if I don't need it, but you never know when it may manifest. So I try to take half doses to make my script stretch and to also not be as dependent. I noticed that it works but to a less degree. I commute to school and work a full time job so my mind is always running. In a nutshell, this medication works.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 8, 2014 12:38 PM