User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 102 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I noted marked decrease in intellectual ability and memory. I need to go off this med for Neoropych testing and 48 hour EEG, although I have high stressors in my life so I need to take it. When I wean down I get sinus tachycardia. Hr of 122 at rest. Taking Klonapin makes HR decrease to 80's."

MauiJan (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2016

"Clonazepam would be a great medicine if it wasn't addictive & known to cause dementia. Those are the reasons why my doctor removed me off of this medicine. When I took it it helped take the edge off my anxiety. I didn't have many side effects from it & I never became addicted to it. The only side effect I had was it would make me tired sometimes. That's it. Even with it being addictive & being known to cause dementia, I still give it a 7 out of 10 stars because it was very effective for me. It would have gotten 10 stars if it was safer to take & if it had ridded me of my anxiety completely."

~*Melanie*~ (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 2, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This drug works well "short term". As all of the literature you have read about it says. However, "Short Term" is ambiguous. For some people "Short Term" might mean it retains it's efficacy for 2 years without problem as it did for me. If it seems you have been on this for years and it's still working, don't fool yourself. 2 Important things to note. 1. Tolerance withdrawal - Doctors will never tell you about this, some don't even acknowledge that it exists. This means that when your body has developed tolerance to this medicine, even though you keep taking your steady dose, you will start to experience god awful withdrawal symptoms. Believe it. 2. Taking over 1.5-2mg per day does not provide any benefit."

ocdeed February 1, 2016

"I suffer from chronic, delbilitating anxiety 24/7 can't function, focus, family & friends withdraw from me as they don't understand the disorder or try to learn about it. I have been on 2mg of clonazapam for 12 years and when my anxiety gets to a certain point I take a pill and approx. 20 minutes later, my stomach stops hurting, my chest losens up, I breath normally, feel the fear fading away until finally I am relaxed and a totally different person.... my real self : )"

Joanna Hampton (taken for 10 years or more) January 28, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Increased depression at higher doses, which are needed as your system becomes tolerant and you always will need to increase the dosage to get relief of the anxiety, negative thoughts in general, fear of withdrawal, agoraphobia if you do run out before refill, severe memory problems the longer you are on it, tolerance develops quickly and what started out as 0.5 twice a day is now 3mg a day which leads to almost constant fatigue and a general feeling of hopelessness that doesn't go away."

flairsag1 January 23, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I started taking lorazapam (Adivan) when I was 16 (I'm 32 now) for panic attacks and anxiety, 2mg twice a day. They did work well but had a short half life. I had 3 grand mal seizures when I was trying to come off of them. I switched to klonopin 6 years ago because a new Dr said that they would keep me on a more even keel because of their longer half life and he was right!! But even on klonopin, which ARE addictive, I had a grand mal seizure when trying to ween off. So I just take my klonopin as directed, 1mg 3x a day and I feel normal. Some people try to say that benzo's aren't addictive, but that's a lie. So just be careful when u hear others say that they can take their medication only when they "need it"."

Jennieliz (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 20, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Love this med..it works!! I take it in conjunction with my antidepressant, Lexapro! I have never felt happier! My depression, panic attacks and anxiety started when I hit puberty and I never wanted to take meds.. I'm basically a "drug free" person..but this is an exception due to the fact depression/anxiety can literally kill you!! These meds were needed during and especially after a horrific abusive 4 1/2 yr "relationship", almost lost my life!! Had flashbacks and nightmares, but I got through with seroquel to sleep. When I wake up I take klonipin and Lexapro..about 4-5 hrs later I take .5 xanax, sometimes two 0.5's if needed!! DO NOT take klonipin and xanax at the same time due to the fact they are in the same class of meds!!"

LisaLeigh1763 January 16, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I take Klonopin for anxiety, 2 mg - 4 mg per day as situationally needed. It is not habit forming and I have no side effects. I can go several days without needing it, then when I do it's very helpful to bring calm and relaxation and significantly reduce depression. I think some people on here are confusing the side effects of Lexapro and other SSRIs commonly prescribed along with Klonopin. More than likely it's the SSRIs that are causing the nasty side effects and withdrawal symptoms, as I went through that myself when I stopped taking the anti-depressants. I find Klonopin by itself to be high effective without any negative effects, and I have stopped all other SSRIs because of their sexual side effects and worsening of depression."

SuperRyeGuy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This is much much better and get a much better calming feeling from even valium. My doctor had me on valium since I was 12-16- and I even took it into my 20s 5 mg 3 times per day I was never hooked on it and even took valium vacations so I wouldn't get hooked on it. But klonopin works so much better! it makes you feel happy and loved inside not the fake kind of loved either but really nice warm feelings of pure love and gentleness. My mom died 2 years ago and this is the only medicine that helps calm me down and come back to being happy again thank God for klonopin."

dreamgirl82 January 6, 2016

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam): "I have agoraphobia with panic attacks and severe anxiety. I have been switching between valium and klonopin for years. I recently starting taking 2mg klonopin wafers. I find they work extremely faster then the pill. I now feel relaxed almost immediately vs up to 30 minutes or longer with the pill which isn't helpful when having a panic attack. I can leave my house more often than before. I can go to the store with out dragging one of my kids with me. Still struggling but easier for sure. Before I would drive my kids to and from school and normally wait till picking them up to shop. It's difficult but I'm finding myself more often now going after dropping them off. There for saving them from torture of shopping."

Tmwjinks (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016

"I use everyday Paxil 20 mg. I use Cloanazepan .5 mg. in case of emergency, when I feel I will lose control. I like this combination."

Molu January 3, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I started off taking klonopin after developing severe panic attacks 20 yrs ago. It was a life saver for me! I took it for 15 years and weaned myself off of it with no problems. I am back on it now after 5 yrs of not taking it due to recent life events that started the anxiety back up. I take 1 MG tablets up to twice a day. I've never had any of the horrifying withdrawals that other people complain of. Klonopin definitely works for me."

Anonymous December 29, 2015

"I have great luck on clonazepam. Not only does it help with anxiety, it helps with my hand pain. As a result I am taking fewer narcos. I have had no luck with gabapentine and lorazapam. I take the clonazepam for 3 weeks then take xanax for the remaining week I have a huge tolerance and I am worried the clonazepam may stop wporking. Someone mentioned hydroxyzine. I found that it is only good for helping with mild allergies and contact dermititis. I am amazed dr. Prescribe this for anxiety Also, being on clonazepam has allowed me to cut back on my other medications, pain meds, muscle relaxers, nuerotin, and anti depressants. The clonazepam controls my anxiety which helps abate my pain easing my depression. Best of luck. "

bluerook December 24, 2015

"I started talking Clonazepam a week and a half ago for my Generalized Anxiety disorder.... let me tell you its is WONDERFUL, it took my anxiety almost from the first day, I take 0.5 in the morning and 0.5 at night and have not had any anxiety in a week and a half which is a miracle for me since I had anxiety since I was a teenager. Now the bad news is that its causing a lot of weight gain for me, 10 lb in week and a half,,,,, its not OK with me..... I have been struggling with my weight forever and had finally got to where I am a little comfortable with it, I am 39 and do not need to gain weight,,,,, its making me depressed. I really love having no anxiety but absolutely hate the weight gain..."

Summercox December 22, 2015

"Clonazepam works wonders for anxiety. However, it is extremely addictive. This medication is like booze in a pill and once you get addicted, it's very difficult getting off it. There are terrible withdrawal symptoms from this drug. After using Clonazepam for 4 years, I'm going through what's called "tolerance withdrawal" but of course there is no medical term for it. Doctors will tell you that there is no such thing as "tolerance withdrawal". "When tolerance develops, "withdrawal" symptoms can appear even though the user continues to take the drug. Thus the symptoms suffered by many long-term users are a mixture of adverse effects of the drugs and "withdrawal" effects due to to tolerance" "

Anonymous128914 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 18, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I am coming off of this med and it's freaking horrible. Number one: I said it did not work and was making my anxiety worse. My doc kept me on it 2 mg day plus 20mg lexapro. Never again. I have to say it is rubbish because you can't just stop. Going to a new therapist today. Thank God. Stay away from this pill."

Mykiea December 9, 2015

"When you start it is great! After time, if you take breaks this drug can work well. Clearly, if you take it each day it is as good as useless for anxiety. All medical evidence shows this."

ThatJames December 7, 2015

"Keep me calm and stress free. I don't fly off the handle over little things. This narcotic really does the trick. Only if you follow the prescribed INSTRUCTIONS. do not abuse."

Rondelaware (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 4, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I'm taking this in combination with Zoloft. I take 0.25 mg of Klonopin (half a pill) twice a day. It's a very low dose, but in combination with the Zoloft has been effective at managing my anxiety. I was originally taking 0.5 twice a day but that was making me too drowsy to concentrate on work. Overall this is a great med for anxiety, especially when waiting for an SSRI to start working."

frances123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2015

"After 2 months of my doctor giving me non addictive pills to try to treat anxiety, and them working to no avail he finally prescribed me a benzo, and this was the one. I quit my job, didn't leave my apartment for 2 years, was letting my health go. I take 0.5mg when needed, and it has allowed me to make appointments, leave my place, and get my life back. I have been taking it for about 2 months. 1 a day sometimes 2, some days none. Depends on what the day has in store for me. It is long lasting, and will put you in a zone of comfort and ease. It doesn't make me tired or dizzy like the hydroxyzine I was first given."

2 Bit Brutus (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2015

"Clonazepam probably saved my life. I've been on it for twelve years. It was originally prescribed to me because my antidepressant was not doing the job of suppressing panic attacks. Clonazepam worked incredibly well for me - for 12 years, .5 milligrams is all I need to stop the worst of panic attacks. I've never noticed any side effects, save for some drowsiness at times. The only downside that I've experienced is a mild physical dependence. If I go more than two days without a clonazepam, I start to feel kind of jittery, restless, and tense. These periods of physical dependence have been easily remedied though, by simply easing up on the dose over the course of a couple of weeks."

Rigoletto (taken for 10 years or more) November 17, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was prescribed Clonazepam 3 years ago at a dosage of 1mg SIX times/day. I weaned myself down to 1mg/twice daily within 6 months b/c my tolerance was rapidly building. Fast forward 2 years: I am PREGNANT. I was taken off the medication cold turkey. At first, I was convinced that if I didn't come off of this drug while pregnant, I was nothing more than evil and selfish. I tried to come off and simply couldn't, especially with work obligations. I had old pills that I used to help wean myself off. I got myself down to 1mg/day when I ran out. My doc just wrote me a lower dosage script, after making me feel like a murderer. I am 5 months and so far, the baby is healthy and developing normally. I'll continue to wean and pray for my baby."

Klono-DON'T! (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 11, 2015

"Put me in ICU loss of sense of danger and lots of black out, auditory hallucinations, loss of the ability to control my own movements (body made own actions without me even thinking of doing that) like being trapped in your own body but your body is a prison so you just watch your self doing all these things and you have no way to stop it was on 0.5 for five days"

Shamoooo November 10, 2015

"I was prescribed clonazepam 0.5mg twice a day for my anxiety and for restless leg syndrome. It works nice for anxiety and I feel it coming again and I don't wanna overdose on it. It doesn't help much with the RLS. I just went a week without it. Waiting for my refill to come in and then I take it for the first time in a week and I feel great. But once I start taking it every day, it won't work to it's full effect. Idk if I need a higher dose or a new brand but something has to change. Overall, it works. It really brings my heart rate down and calms me. It's just on some days I'll feel anxiety maybe twice a day and I don't wanna take double than I was prescribed. And for my RLS, I think I might need a whole new med for just that."

Jde94 November 5, 2015

"I'm 22/F have GAD & anxiety for a long time. Just in the last year I've developed panic attacks. I quit my job, never left the house. It caused me to basically fear life itself. Doctor recommended klonopin .05mg at night. Benzos make me very drowsy starting out. So I was told to take 1/4 of the pill (.25) & slowly increase every few days! I'm at a little over 1/2 & I'm seeing a major difference. I still have some anxiety but I'm also still on a low dose. But this medicine allows me to think more clearly. I developed nausea & excessive belching after eating everything, when I started getting panic attacks &I've seem to notice a difference in that as well. Considered about addiction though"

Tlmlove November 4, 2015