Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam review summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 101 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

Review by Pops91 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): Was warned about benzo's by my first psychiatrist but in all fairness I haven't seen a (major) dosage increase. I first started with .25mg when I needed it. Mostly at night to .5mg again mostly at night. To then routinely taking .5mg in the morning and at night. Never straying to take it any more doses per day because of said addiction warnings. I have had some lapses in taking the prescribed amount for a couple days of which I paid for with loss of sleep but with any negatives I've found for this drug the positives have outweighed the negatives significantly. The biggest negative for me is the controlled substance and the hoops one must go through in order to maintain a routine for the medication.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2015 2:42 AM

Review by Natashaxo:

I was prescribed 0.5 mgs twice a day as needed. Usually take it in the morning around 8 or 9 am and take the other around 7 or 8 pm. Klonopin is a life saver!! I was on Xanax before, but found that it made me zombie like and no matter how little or how much I would take, it didn't help my social anxiety like I needed, which is what I needed help for the most. I've been on klonopin for a few months and have never felt better since my anxiety started to emerge (about 3 1/2 years ago, I'm 21 now) it's definitely boosted my confidence especially in social situations. I'm also been prescribed 60mg of adderall a day, have been for over 10 years. Both combined definitely help when working.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2015 1:12 PM

Review by Spokenwurds (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Before this pill I had taken a many different anti-depressant as my family doctor stated that this would with my anxiety as well. This is BS! Anti-depressants only stunted my ability to do, act and everything else good about life. Yah sure it subdued my anxiety but over a long period and never consistent. I finally saw a psychiatrist and she prescribed Clonazepam and within a week my anxiety was at bay. My creative side returned, my libido came roaring back, all in all I was myself again, without the debilitating effects of my anxiety.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2015 12:30 PM

Review by Tamerlane10:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I have suffered panic attacks and anxiety since I was 14 and was always an anxious child, I am 62 now. I have tried just about every medication on the market and none of them worked. I was lucky enough to find a Dr that said a new drug Klonopin that was a seizure med may help my attacks. I haven't had an attack in years. Although I still take it now I am having pvc's. Klonopin will most of the time stop them. I have always taken it at night but I am gonna try a half during the day. I will be seeing a Cardiologist

April 15, 2015 11:29 AM

Review by Mama Cass (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I was prescribed clonazepam, 2mg, 3 times a day for 6 years. I was dropped because my doctor moved out of state. It is The only one that has ever helped to calm my anxiety. I need a new doctor that understands.

April 12, 2015 6:20 AM

Review by ATLien (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): Hi, Almost two years ago, I started on a dose of 0.5mg of Klonopin twice a day (or as needed) along with 20 mg of Celexa (citalopram). I would say Klonopin is an effective drug and useful for treating anxiety and panic attacks. However, my advice would be to make sure that you are working with your doctor if deciding to cut down on/taper off of Klonopin. I weaned my dose off without talking to my doc a few times. Mostly OK (days of some side effects notwithstanding), however, once it was pretty bad. I recall feeling -- edgy -- all day at work, and then later that night feeling horrible. I didn't want to eat, I cried, and I kept having anxious thoughts. I would not recommend leaving Klonopin cold turkey unless you really feel ready.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2015 9:05 PM

Review by laloloooo (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): FINALLY relief of life long anxiety

April 11, 2015 12:38 PM

Review by angie19860905:

When I was young I used to suffer from anxiety. After the years its stop on its own. Now that I am living alone all my anxiety came back. I been taking them for 8 months and let me tell you is the only thing that works. I can now sleep and love to come home. Before I used to get so scared thinking of death all the time. I used to wake up my two kids at 2 in the morning thinking I was dying and I will drive to my moms house. Now I feel like I am living a Normal life.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 7, 2015 6:13 PM

Review by Illcomm (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I have been on this anxiolytic longer than any other, & I feel that it works the best at controlling my panic attacks.

April 5, 2015 4:52 AM

Review by Christy4533:

Klonopin (clonazepam): Helped my anxiety. Was already taking Lexapro added 0.5 mg of Klonopin no more anxiety attacks.

March 27, 2015 8:51 PM

Review by Gelly (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): Works great. As soon as I take it my anxiety its gone.

March 26, 2015 12:36 PM

Review by Anon-:

Klonopin (clonazepam): This medicine helped with my anxiety a lot. I tend to get very anxious during the night and it can keep me up at times. I'm on 0.5 mg and its works great! I finally get to sleep and not constantly worry about things. Although one downside is when I wake up. I still feel sedated and tired for about 3 hours but overall a very good medicine.

March 26, 2015 10:58 AM

Review by :-):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I am a very outgoing college student.. The type of person who can literally talk to anyone. However, when you put me on the spot or if I have to give a 10 minute presentation I can hardly think straight. My doctor was soo sweet and prescribed me 0.5 mg Clonazepam. I use it for situation anxiety. (Twice a month) and it has given me so much more assurance in myself. I also avoid caffiene when taking it before a presentation and I walk in the class way more focused on what I am going to say instead of worrying about my nerves!

March 19, 2015 11:12 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam): Klonopin is the best benzodiazepine in my opinion for any sort of anxiety disorders. It helps me the most I have SAD GAD and PTSD. This medicine lets me feel calm, at ease, and I can speak my mind. .5mg is all one needs and it lasts about 8 hours for me, and the long half life keeps my anxiety levels lower than usual If I don't take it the next day.

March 8, 2015 12:47 PM

Review by mikey0909 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): It's the only medication that works for my social anxiety, and I have tried a lot of medications.

March 5, 2015 12:36 AM

Review by orion2000912:

Klonopin helps me sleep, stop my mind from racing, stop my chest pains and tremors. I have had severe anxiety for years. I have taken Xanax. Although Xanax is faster acting Klonopin lasts longer.

March 4, 2015 10:31 AM

Review by nervous1:

Have had anxiety disorder since teenage years, now 50 years old. Had major attack about 3 years ago, went to ER with heart palpitations and felt like I was loosing grasp. After no sleep for about a week started on 0.50 milligram Klonopin felt relief within 15 minutes. Have been taking it ever since. I find low doses to work best for me but have no desire to stop taking the medicine.

February 22, 2015 5:56 PM

Review by JeffinMD:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I take as needed .5mg, more if needed. Works great, no side effects. Just knowing I have this 'safety net' gives me piece of mind.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 15, 2015 11:36 AM

Review by 1mg 3 daily (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam): Calm, sleep good, eat good, been on 5 years doing great.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 11, 2015 2:36 PM

Review by Takahn:

I've suffered from severe anxiety and panic disorder since I was very young. Through the years I've taken many different medications prescribed by my physicians and have seen little relief. Those that have helped don't last very long and then the symptoms return. I've wish I didn't require any medication, however Clonazepam is the only one that provides the relief I need when life gets difficult.

January 27, 2015 6:03 PM

Review by smariedddd (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam): I have severe panic attacks and bipolar. I used to be on Xanax for six years. Now my Obamacare new Dr refuses. Klonopin doesn't help my panic attacks. A little calm but makes me very angry and mean. Not as strong as Xanax. Doesn't help anxiety attacks, takes too long. My heart still races.

January 23, 2015 1:30 AM

Klonopin (clonazepam): Makes me feel very depressed and anxious and agitated . It makes me feel suicidal and I can't sleep.

December 27, 2014 5:08 AM

Review by proselytise (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I use it for social anxiety and continuous thoughts, it works well and now I am far away from continuously thinking about things which are of no importance, but it makes me dizzy too, taking it for months 0.5 mg at night with 0.5 mg alprazolam at day time and 20 mg escitalopram.

December 24, 2014 4:49 AM

Review by Hman2552 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam): Recently I had a rough bout with anxiety. From out of nowhere I just lost faith in myself due to some life circumstances and an overload of work. I was losing sleep and spiraling downward at an amazing rate. I decided to talk to my doctor who prescribed Klonopin. With the first dose I felt immediate relief and to avoid dependency I only took 0.25 mg at night until I was started on an SSRI. My doctor favored the SSRI approach as better in the long run. After three months on Klonopin every day, and after the SSRI kicked in, I stepped off the Klonopin without any withdrawals like you read about on the internet. I think the key is to take the lowest dose you can or only as prescribed. The medicine worked wonders for me!

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2014 8:30 PM

Review by dirtypaws:

Klonopin (clonazepam): Reply to reviewer bjsd - I can't believe what you said in your post. I have experienced jolts and jerking of my right leg for 12 years. It took 11 years to find a doctor to take it seriously. My neurologist is going to start me on Klonopin so I enjoy reading the reviews. I have been on Ativan which helps but not much. Just knowing that I am not crazy helps so much. Thank you.

December 12, 2014 10:07 AM