User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Review Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 100 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam): "most potent and reliable prefer over xanax.... xanax is for sometimes.. only klonopin end up stronger each dose it gets a little stronger so you don't always need another pill"

DJDALTY (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 24, 2015

"Clonazepam is very effective for anxiety.I had been on Xanax for years,then became ineffective.Some in Medical community tried to get me on Visterol,Paxil,Remeron,all useless garbage if you have extreme panic.If used safely Clonazepam quells the bad symptoms."

Panicgal August 22, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have severe panic and anxiety attacks and have for over 20 years. When I tried to go off this medication, lowering my dosage slowly because of a pregnancy, I ended up with the bad anxiety again. Needless to say I ended up going back on and my son was born perfectly ( at the time 20 years ago they were not sure of long term effects) if anything he is smarter than my other 2 children. I also take an anti depresent that works very well with it. I definitely recommend this medication. I am on a higher dose probably more than most I take 2mg in the morning and 2mg at night. Probably because my depression is worse than it was but the anxiety is finally under control"

aalana August 21, 2015

"This is a wonderful drug for anxiety. I received immediate help...20 years ago! Since my initial dosage of 0.5 mg/day increased to 4 mg/day. This drug almost ruined my life and marriage. I became completely oblivious to my surroundings and to the people close to me. I did not know what was happening. Fortunately my wife pointed out to me how damaging Clonazepam had become. Beware: The withdrawal side effects are far worse than the original problems I started taking the drug for. It's ironic that the withdrawal side effects mimic what I was being treated for: anxiety, head/neck brain "zaps", inability to sleep, inability to care, complete detachment from my surroundings, etc. This drug should not be used long term. Withdrawal: Very slow."

zionfrost (taken for 10 years or more) August 16, 2015

"Great medication for anxiety! I've been on clonazepam for about 3 weeks now and my anxiety has subsided immensely. I take .5mg twice a day along with 3mg of Lunesta at night and never have I felt better in my entire life! I can finally live and sleep and be happy. Changed my life for the better. :)"

desert emoji August 12, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have had anxiety for as long as I can remember, but just had a horrible Doctor. My anxiety turned me to abusing drugs, alcohol, opiates, and even Benzos. I finally got clean and still had anxiety, but thought I would never get this script with my history. I finally found a Dr. who took a chance and trusted me. Clonazopam on a regular dose has helped me in so many ways. I'm prescribes 4 1 mg tabs a day, even though I don't usually take that much, along with wellbutrin. I'm no longer experiencing anxiety or panic attacks and best of all don't feel the need to get high in order to get rid of it. clonazepam has saved my life along with suboxone. Any Dr who thinks these 2 drugs shouldn't be mixed is stopping the best opiate recovery."

EnemyTortoise (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I am on Zoloft 200mg. a day. Have been taking Xanax 1mg. 3 or 4 x day. My Dr. wants to switch me to Klonopin .5 2x day instead, but it does not seem to be helping. I don't seem to feel any relief from the Klonopin."

Seada68 August 7, 2015

"works great the only thing is it makes me sleepy so if I was working or driving it would not bearable to do it...."

L.A August 7, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Started with an SSRI for anxiety and it just didn't work. Finally got prescribed this benzo Klonopin and it's perfect! I take 0.5mg, but when I take it, my anxiety goes away. I feel like I can do anything, with a clear mind of course. I don't have to hide away anymore. I thought this drug might make me "stoned" or something, but really all I experience is, after about 15 min, a general clear-minded sense of well-being and it works for a while. Good stuff."

GoJoGoJo August 7, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was on this medication for approximately 5 years. The last couple of years, I had increasing anxiety and depression. I never increased my initial dose of 2 mg. at night to help with sleep. My PDoc continued to insist that it was not the Klonopin that was causing my anxiety and depression. Who knows? I weaned myself off of the medication SLOWWLY over 4 months. It really took me that amount of time, even that may have been too fast for me. When it works, it's a helpful me. Problem is that many people tend to build a tolerance to the med and will likely need to increase the dose to get the same effect, hence feelings of withdrawal that can come on automatically. I know everyone has his/her own opinion about this drug."

Zack33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 6, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have been on kolonopin for almost a year now & it has been an absolute life saver! I had horrible panic attacks, scared to drive, couldn't even go shopping without getting dizzy and anxious. Anxiety has taken over my life, the panic attacks are so scary I thought I was going to die. I'm very greatful to have this medicine. I've heard of problems with dependency but I don't know what I'd do without it, I'm also on zoloft & I feel like I have my life back!"

mamaluv (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2015

"Iv'e been on clonazopam for several years now and let me tell ya, i dont leave home without it. It's almost more important to know that i have some readily available or have some at all, than it is to take it. I guess that's the fear of the fear syndrome...hehehe. iv'e had anxiety/panic disorder ever sinse I ret from the Army and quit drinking alcohol. I reckon all my held down by addiction emotions decided to come to the surface. It was terrible with all the panic attacks and ive been on every Anti depressant thats ever been manufactured, some worked , some didnt. But then there was clonazopam, my knightess in shining armor hehehe. Yes, i'm on 2.5mg twice dailyand a lttle more if needed, but i rarely have panic attacks anymore. Love it."

Sgtrockie (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 29, 2015

"I was prescribed Paxil when I was 25 for panic attacks and took it for a few years. It helped but gave me sexual side effects. It was making me have a hard time to ejaculate. I changed to citalopram 20mg when I was 28. It has been workin well until now, Im 35. Two ago I stopped taking it an I was doing fine. A month ago I had a few drinks and decided to do a little cocaine. Bad move. My anxiety exploded. Started taking 30mg of citalopram daily since then. It still doesnt work after a month so my doctor prescribed me .5 Clonazepam when needed. When I feel really anxious, I take .25 and it wards off any anxiety. I feel back to normal. I hope the citalopram will start its effect soon and I dont have to take Clonazepam anyone but it helps."

Mermaniel July 29, 2015

"my doctor originally only prescribed lexapro 10mg/day which never really helped. After my first checkup I told him this and then gave me clonazepam .5mg 2x/day as needed added to my lexapro. It has helped tremendously and I can finally feel like myself again. I generally still have to take at least one a day but at even such a low dosage it helps! And best part about it is is that I don't feel doped up and/or fatigued like I was afraid of."

Jdub23 July 17, 2015

"Day 1 on clonazepam.... this drug is awesome! I know there are tons of side effects but not being able to sleep good for a year is worth the possible risk. I was on it before and nothing happened so I should be good. I also only need .25mg of it because my body absorbs it really good. And the wellbutrin I'm on seems to help kick the major fatigue that I remember from last time.First night and i got 7 hrs of straight sleep for the first time in years. I really hope it continues to help me. I know it can be addictive so I'm going to try only taking it until the wellbutrin I just started is fully in my system. We will see how this goes, but so far so good."

panickyprincess (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Have been taking 2 to 2.5 mg per day for many years. The only med that has alleviated my anxiety. Am 67 and have had the problem since childhood. Don't know why but it's too late to unravel. Suspect I'm wired that way or its hereditary. Was very successful but life was a constant struggle until I got help at age 48. Would not want to be without it despite the docs concerns about addiction. The horror stories about withdrawal are over blow. I wean off once in 6 weeks. No re-occuring issues. Therapy never had any lasting effect. Too late to consider stopping now and I don't know why I should. The trend against these meds is unfortunate. "

Fritzsommer (taken for 10 years or more) July 15, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I'm writing this in case anyone else is in my position of being afraid of takings this out of the fear of it making you high, since so many people have voiced strong opposing opinions about Klonopin. I was in the same exact position of being afraid of taking it, even though those around me (which is part of something I have to learn..accepting that people know what they're talking about when it comes to anxiety) were telling me that nothing would happen. It took me a spur of the moment gather of courage to take Klonopin..and now I can say that *when needed*, I love Klonopin. It melts away anxiety and leaves a dent in depersonalization (if you struggle) and allows you to function and level off for a few days afterwards."

R R July 14, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I went through severe panic and anxiety that debilitated my life. I experienced shakes, suicidal thoughts, fear for no reason, fast throbbing heart beat, no sleep for ten days because of fear my body was dying, 38lb weight loss in 1month, vomiting, foggy mind, couldn't speak, and so much more. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I visited hospitals over 6 times with no answers but the doctor telling me I'm crazy smh. Went through gastic procedures and nothing was found but gerd which is a symptom of anxiety. I finally broke down and took the meds prescribed to me. Xanax was the only one that worked for a short time, and I had taken many medications. Clonazepam is working amazing with no side effects. I feel great along with Zoloft."

Resse July 14, 2015

"Must be the only person who does not think this is a wonder drug. Had a nervous breakdown of sorts while already taking zoloft for anxiety. Was prescribed clonazepam and didnt touch the sides. Avanza was added and i felt good for a month. Still take it 2 years later 3mg per day but am not a happy person"

mark11356 July 13, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I take 1 mg at nite to sleep. It works for about 6 hrs. However, I am having hair loss so I'm upset about that. I also take 20 mg Celexa."

wannaBBetter (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks since I was 7. I'm currently 33 and just discovered Klonopin. I was on Paxil for 12 years and it was a miracle pill until I built tolerance to it and it stopped working. I've recently switched to Zoloft and it's been a rough road. However my psychiatrist put me on klonopin to help ease the anxiety and it has been amazing. I only need .25 mg 2 to 3 times a day, but it gave me the ability to function. Even with withdrawal from Paxil and start up side effects from Zoloft, I can still keep my head straight. Anxiety and panic are dibilatating and when I weigh my options, I'd pick klonopin everytime."

Amangi06 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "My daily medicine is actually Effexor for severe combat PTSD but I have a high dose of klonopin as a PRN take as needed and in bad cases once my triggers are set off. It does a good job at helping me refocus and calm down. My doses have increased over time due to me apparently getting used to it but it is still effective"

ZArmitage (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 4, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Have taken 2.5 mg a day for 20 years without side effects. Weaned off once in 6 weeks. Convinced I suffered anxiety due to hereditary or deep rooted experienced too deep to ever unravel through therapy. Was successful business exec but was always constrained and my personal life didn't exist. Suffered and suffered! Went to an Ivy League school and never spoke to a woman. The dependency is over blown. I weaned off once in 6 weeks. The drug made my life bearable otherwise I would chose not to be here."

FritzG! July 3, 2015

"I have taken Klonopin for 10 years for anxiety. Dr. started me at 0.5mg/day. Because of increased anxiety, my dosage was increased slowly to (3) 2mg doses per day. I was at 6mg/day for several years. It calmed my anxiety and helped me to sleep very well. I went on a 2 day trip 3 years ago and forgot my medication. I was up all night and realized that I was dependent on Klonopin. In the past 3 years I have slowly decreased my dosage to 1mg at night and 1mg in the morning. I have been at this dosage for 1 year. If I forget to take this Klonopin dosage, I get very anxious. I want to decrease dosage more, 1/4 mg at a time. Klonopin absolutely helps with my anxiety, I just didn't know I shouldn't have taken the high dosage that I was on."

kitty999 (taken for 10 years or more) June 27, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have been on klonopin for 2 months in my anxiety has been bad but when I started it I have been doing great better then ever!!!!can't believe how much better I'm doing now!!!!"

bulldog27 June 22, 2015