User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Review Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 100 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

"my doctor originally only prescribed lexapro 10mg/day which never really helped. After my first checkup I told him this and then gave me clonazepam .5mg 2x/day as needed added to my lexapro. It has helped tremendously and I can finally feel like myself again. I generally still have to take at least one a day but at even such a low dosage it helps! And best part about it is is that I don't feel doped up and/or fatigued like I was afraid of."

Jdub23 July 17, 2015

"Day 1 on clonazepam.... this drug is awesome! I know there are tons of side effects but not being able to sleep good for a year is worth the possible risk. I was on it before and nothing happened so I should be good. I also only need .25mg of it because my body absorbs it really good. And the wellbutrin I'm on seems to help kick the major fatigue that I remember from last time.First night and i got 7 hrs of straight sleep for the first time in years. I really hope it continues to help me. I know it can be addictive so I'm going to try only taking it until the wellbutrin I just started is fully in my system. We will see how this goes, but so far so good."

panickyprincess (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Have been taking 2 to 2.5 mg per day for many years. The only med that has alleviated my anxiety. Am 67 and have had the problem since childhood. Don't know why but it's too late to unravel. Suspect I'm wired that way or its hereditary. Was very successful but life was a constant struggle until I got help at age 48. Would not want to be without it despite the docs concerns about addiction. The horror stories about withdrawal are over blow. I wean off once in 6 weeks. No re-occuring issues. Therapy never had any lasting effect. Too late to consider stopping now and I don't know why I should. The trend against these meds is unfortunate. "

Fritzsommer (taken for 10 years or more) July 15, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I'm writing this in case anyone else is in my position of being afraid of takings this out of the fear of it making you high, since so many people have voiced strong opposing opinions about Klonopin. I was in the same exact position of being afraid of taking it, even though those around me (which is part of something I have to learn..accepting that people know what they're talking about when it comes to anxiety) were telling me that nothing would happen. It took me a spur of the moment gather of courage to take Klonopin..and now I can say that *when needed*, I love Klonopin. It melts away anxiety and leaves a dent in depersonalization (if you struggle) and allows you to function and level off for a few days afterwards."

R R July 14, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I went through severe panic and anxiety that debilitated my life. I experienced shakes, suicidal thoughts, fear for no reason, fast throbbing heart beat, no sleep for ten days because of fear my body was dying, 38lb weight loss in 1month, vomiting, foggy mind, couldn't speak, and so much more. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I visited hospitals over 6 times with no answers but the doctor telling me I'm crazy smh. Went through gastic procedures and nothing was found but gerd which is a symptom of anxiety. I finally broke down and took the meds prescribed to me. Xanax was the only one that worked for a short time, and I had taken many medications. Clonazepam is working amazing with no side effects. I feel great along with Zoloft."

Resse July 14, 2015

"Must be the only person who does not think this is a wonder drug. Had a nervous breakdown of sorts while already taking zoloft for anxiety. Was prescribed clonazepam and didnt touch the sides. Avanza was added and i felt good for a month. Still take it 2 years later 3mg per day but am not a happy person"

mark11356 July 13, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I take 1 mg at nite to sleep. It works for about 6 hrs. However, I am having hair loss so I'm upset about that. I also take 20 mg Celexa."

wannaBBetter (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks since I was 7. I'm currently 33 and just discovered Klonopin. I was on Paxil for 12 years and it was a miracle pill until I built tolerance to it and it stopped working. I've recently switched to Zoloft and it's been a rough road. However my psychiatrist put me on klonopin to help ease the anxiety and it has been amazing. I only need .25 mg 2 to 3 times a day, but it gave me the ability to function. Even with withdrawal from Paxil and start up side effects from Zoloft, I can still keep my head straight. Anxiety and panic are dibilatating and when I weigh my options, I'd pick klonopin everytime."

Amangi06 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "My daily medicine is actually Effexor for severe combat PTSD but I have a high dose of klonopin as a PRN take as needed and in bad cases once my triggers are set off. It does a good job at helping me refocus and calm down. My doses have increased over time due to me apparently getting used to it but it is still effective"

ZArmitage (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 4, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Have taken 2.5 mg a day for 20 years without side effects. Weaned off once in 6 weeks. Convinced I suffered anxiety due to hereditary or deep rooted experienced too deep to ever unravel through therapy. Was successful business exec but was always constrained and my personal life didn't exist. Suffered and suffered! Went to an Ivy League school and never spoke to a woman. The dependency is over blown. I weaned off once in 6 weeks. The drug made my life bearable otherwise I would chose not to be here."

FritzG! July 3, 2015

"I have taken Klonopin for 10 years for anxiety. Dr. started me at 0.5mg/day. Because of increased anxiety, my dosage was increased slowly to (3) 2mg doses per day. I was at 6mg/day for several years. It calmed my anxiety and helped me to sleep very well. I went on a 2 day trip 3 years ago and forgot my medication. I was up all night and realized that I was dependent on Klonopin. In the past 3 years I have slowly decreased my dosage to 1mg at night and 1mg in the morning. I have been at this dosage for 1 year. If I forget to take this Klonopin dosage, I get very anxious. I want to decrease dosage more, 1/4 mg at a time. Klonopin absolutely helps with my anxiety, I just didn't know I shouldn't have taken the high dosage that I was on."

kitty999 (taken for 10 years or more) June 27, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have been on klonopin for 2 months in my anxiety has been bad but when I started it I have been doing great better then ever!!!!can't believe how much better I'm doing now!!!!"

bulldog27 June 22, 2015

"Been amazing for me"

jrh420 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 16, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "The Klonopin helped my anxiety very much, probably to a level of 8 or 9 out of ten. However, after a few years, trying to taper off of it is proving to be a living nightmare and I am experiencing Benzo Withdrawal Syndrome. It's absolutely awful and I can see why some people are never able to stop taking it,"

aleksandi June 14, 2015

"I was prescribed Klonopin by my family Doc in October of 2014 at 0.5 mg 2x a day as needed. It comes in 15 tabs per bottle, I refilled it once but after 7 months, I practically still have 12 pills remaining. I take an extremely extremely low dose (0.125 mg - 1/4 of an orange tablet) as needed. I cannot explain how amazing this drug has been for me. I get silent anxiety - not necessarily panic although I did recall getting 1x or 2x. For me, I know my anxiety creeps up when I have metallic taste in my mouth, nausea and loss of appetite which literally lasts a month if I don't take Klonopin. Now, when I experience the above symptoms, I immediately take 1/4 of a pill and 30 minutes later, I'm back to normal."

PsychGradStudent (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2015

"I've been on Klonopin for over 15 years now at low dose. I have actually decreased my dose over time, and yes, I am dependent on it...not addicted. This drug gave me my life back. I have/had severe panic disorder since age 16 and was declared legally disable to it because of how bad and frequent the attacks were along with severe agoraphobia. Since starting the Klonopin I have been able to go into grocery store, sit in a movie theater, walk more than half a block from my home, go to a gym, drive a car, etc. I still may have some days where I can't do everything I want, but the change has been dramatic. I have always had Xanax as a rescue med and am down to using it only a half a dozen times per year. This drug has been a miracle for me."

JenJCA June 12, 2015

"Much like the other posters have said, this drug is a life-saver. Dealing with crippling anxiety was impacting my life and work. Once I got placed on it everything just kinda fell into place. I did not worry about everything, sleep came easier, and the over all feeling was that I was normalized and could carry on. One caveat to this is that the feeling it does give is beautiful but it has a strong appeal to stay at that level. Probably be on this drug for life."

SunlessSquid (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2015

"Best med for those who suffer from constant anxiety. It helps me a lot with my social anxiety in particular. I take 1 mg 3x daily. Been on that dosage for 2 years now. Have had no bad side effects. This drug has been a lifesaver for me. I've had anxiety for as long as I can remember. I think I will probably be on this med for life. Never stop taking it cold turkey or you will go through a nasty withdrawal. It happened to me once several years ago when the doctor suddenly had me stop it with no warning or taper schedule. It's best to slowly taper off."

Ya-Ya (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 1, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I started taking Klonopin a few years ago 0.5 mg twice a day and prn as needed for anxiety. The drug works great for me keeps my anxiety away and I feel more on a normal level. It also helps me sleep . I only take it prn now and I feel it saved my life anxiety is a terrible thing to deal with."

David5962 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 19, 2015

"Clonazepam (Klonopin) works wonderfully for anxiety. I love that it is nonaddictive, there's not need to take it everyday for it to work. Having a stressful day that you can't handle, (with my boarderline personality disorder this happens a lot), just take a pill or two to ease the edge. The feelings of anger are still there, but it relaxes the tension in your mind and body to rid the potency of the anger, so it is more tolerable. it is also 100% covered by medicaid, but without insurance, the cost for a prescription of .5mg for 90 pills a month is less than $3"

TK23 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 14, 2015

"I was on Klonopin for 16 yrs. now side effects. Been off for three years now going through life changes I am experiencing a lot of panic attacks and anxiety racing thoughts scared to be alone and running to try to avoid these feeling. But, it wouldn't stop. Now I am on Klonopin again for a little help to get through this tough time so I can think. Klonopin is my choice because I have been on it for so long I know what it does for me. When I need it and when I don't. Like I said before I haven't had a side effect and after I take just on pill I feel great clear thinking and focused. A lot of people can't take Klonopin but for me it's my life savor."

Hardly (taken for 10 years or more) May 14, 2015

"Positive. Though variations in different generic companies product. i notice difference in effectivnes. And potency vary from one generic verses Another generic manufacturer So patient really should understand there are subtle differences that can be noticed with attention to detail. And careful analysis."

John doe 1 May 13, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Anger. Anxiety. Stomach in a knot. Wanting to die. Then I take my Klonopin and a warm feeling envelops me. I'm suddenly calm. I'm reasonable and rational. The violence in my heart temporarily melts away. I'm not angry anymore. I take a short vacation from misery. Then I blissfully drift off to sleep. I won't take it often because I don't want to become addicted. But when things get unbearable, my Klonopin soothes my racing mind."

Auntie Depressant (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2015

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Helps for a while but then seems to decrease in effectiveness over time"

ihatesupercenters (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 8, 2015

"This has been the ONLY medication that has completely put a stop to my severe social anxiety/panic attacks. I've been on it for about a week. I am on .5 mg twice a day and I am able to actually leave my house and get stuff done without that cloud of anxiety over my head. About and hour to kick in and it lasts me usually 6 hours. Then I take another around 3pm. If I find it hard to sleep I take a 3rd one right before bed and snooze away like a baby. Never have I been able to wake before 7am with no anxiety and energy for the day. I have had no side effects and I am VERY sensitive to medication. I have no plans of stopping because this med changed my life in just one day"

krale4 (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2015