User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Review Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 100 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

Klonopin (clonazepam): "My daily medicine is actually Effexor for severe combat PTSD but I have a high dose of klonopin as a PRN take as needed and in bad cases once my triggers are set off. It does a good job at helping me refocus and calm down. My doses have increased over time due to me apparently getting used to it but it is still effective"

ZArmitage (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 4, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Have taken 2.5 mg a day for 20 years without side effects. Weaned off once in 6 weeks. Convinced I suffered anxiety due to hereditary or deep rooted experienced too deep to ever unravel through therapy. Was successful business exec but was always constrained and my personal life didn't exist. Suffered and suffered! Went to an Ivy League school and never spoke to a woman. The dependency is over blown. I weaned off once in 6 weeks. The drug made my life bearable otherwise I would chose not to be here."

FritzG! July 3, 2015

"I have taken Klonopin for 10 years for anxiety. Dr. started me at 0.5mg/day. Because of increased anxiety, my dosage was increased slowly to (3) 2mg doses per day. I was at 6mg/day for several years. It calmed my anxiety and helped me to sleep very well. I went on a 2 day trip 3 years ago and forgot my medication. I was up all night and realized that I was dependent on Klonopin. In the past 3 years I have slowly decreased my dosage to 1mg at night and 1mg in the morning. I have been at this dosage for 1 year. If I forget to take this Klonopin dosage, I get very anxious. I want to decrease dosage more, 1/4 mg at a time. Klonopin absolutely helps with my anxiety, I just didn't know I shouldn't have taken the high dosage that I was on."

kitty999 (taken for 10 years or more) June 27, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have been on klonopin for 2 months in my anxiety has been bad but when I started it I have been doing great better then ever!!!!can't believe how much better I'm doing now!!!!"

bulldog27 June 22, 2015

"Been amazing for me"

jrh420 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 16, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "The Klonopin helped my anxiety very much, probably to a level of 8 or 9 out of ten. However, after a few years, trying to taper off of it is proving to be a living nightmare and I am experiencing Benzo Withdrawal Syndrome. It's absolutely awful and I can see why some people are never able to stop taking it,"

aleksandi June 14, 2015

"I was prescribed Klonopin by my family Doc in October of 2014 at 0.5 mg 2x a day as needed. It comes in 15 tabs per bottle, I refilled it once but after 7 months, I practically still have 12 pills remaining. I take an extremely extremely low dose (0.125 mg - 1/4 of an orange tablet) as needed. I cannot explain how amazing this drug has been for me. I get silent anxiety - not necessarily panic although I did recall getting 1x or 2x. For me, I know my anxiety creeps up when I have metallic taste in my mouth, nausea and loss of appetite which literally lasts a month if I don't take Klonopin. Now, when I experience the above symptoms, I immediately take 1/4 of a pill and 30 minutes later, I'm back to normal."

PsychGradStudent (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2015

"I've been on Klonopin for over 15 years now at low dose. I have actually decreased my dose over time, and yes, I am dependent on it...not addicted. This drug gave me my life back. I have/had severe panic disorder since age 16 and was declared legally disable to it because of how bad and frequent the attacks were along with severe agoraphobia. Since starting the Klonopin I have been able to go into grocery store, sit in a movie theater, walk more than half a block from my home, go to a gym, drive a car, etc. I still may have some days where I can't do everything I want, but the change has been dramatic. I have always had Xanax as a rescue med and am down to using it only a half a dozen times per year. This drug has been a miracle for me."

JenJCA June 12, 2015

"Much like the other posters have said, this drug is a life-saver. Dealing with crippling anxiety was impacting my life and work. Once I got placed on it everything just kinda fell into place. I did not worry about everything, sleep came easier, and the over all feeling was that I was normalized and could carry on. One caveat to this is that the feeling it does give is beautiful but it has a strong appeal to stay at that level. Probably be on this drug for life."

SunlessSquid (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2015

"Best med for those who suffer from constant anxiety. It helps me a lot with my social anxiety in particular. I take 1 mg 3x daily. Been on that dosage for 2 years now. Have had no bad side effects. This drug has been a lifesaver for me. I've had anxiety for as long as I can remember. I think I will probably be on this med for life. Never stop taking it cold turkey or you will go through a nasty withdrawal. It happened to me once several years ago when the doctor suddenly had me stop it with no warning or taper schedule. It's best to slowly taper off."

Ya-Ya (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 1, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I started taking Klonopin a few years ago 0.5 mg twice a day and prn as needed for anxiety. The drug works great for me keeps my anxiety away and I feel more on a normal level. It also helps me sleep . I only take it prn now and I feel it saved my life anxiety is a terrible thing to deal with."

David5962 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 19, 2015

"Clonazepam (Klonopin) works wonderfully for anxiety. I love that it is nonaddictive, there's not need to take it everyday for it to work. Having a stressful day that you can't handle, (with my boarderline personality disorder this happens a lot), just take a pill or two to ease the edge. The feelings of anger are still there, but it relaxes the tension in your mind and body to rid the potency of the anger, so it is more tolerable. it is also 100% covered by medicaid, but without insurance, the cost for a prescription of .5mg for 90 pills a month is less than $3"

TK23 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 14, 2015

"I was on Klonopin for 16 yrs. now side effects. Been off for three years now going through life changes I am experiencing a lot of panic attacks and anxiety racing thoughts scared to be alone and running to try to avoid these feeling. But, it wouldn't stop. Now I am on Klonopin again for a little help to get through this tough time so I can think. Klonopin is my choice because I have been on it for so long I know what it does for me. When I need it and when I don't. Like I said before I haven't had a side effect and after I take just on pill I feel great clear thinking and focused. A lot of people can't take Klonopin but for me it's my life savor."

Hardly (taken for 10 years or more) May 14, 2015

"Positive. Though variations in different generic companies product. i notice difference in effectivnes. And potency vary from one generic verses Another generic manufacturer So patient really should understand there are subtle differences that can be noticed with attention to detail. And careful analysis."

John doe 1 May 13, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Anger. Anxiety. Stomach in a knot. Wanting to die. Then I take my Klonopin and a warm feeling envelops me. I'm suddenly calm. I'm reasonable and rational. The violence in my heart temporarily melts away. I'm not angry anymore. I take a short vacation from misery. Then I blissfully drift off to sleep. I won't take it often because I don't want to become addicted. But when things get unbearable, my Klonopin soothes my racing mind."

Auntie Depressant (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Helps for a while but then seems to decrease in effectiveness over time"

ihatesupercenters (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 8, 2015

"This has been the ONLY medication that has completely put a stop to my severe social anxiety/panic attacks. I've been on it for about a week. I am on .5 mg twice a day and I am able to actually leave my house and get stuff done without that cloud of anxiety over my head. About and hour to kick in and it lasts me usually 6 hours. Then I take another around 3pm. If I find it hard to sleep I take a 3rd one right before bed and snooze away like a baby. Never have I been able to wake before 7am with no anxiety and energy for the day. I have had no side effects and I am VERY sensitive to medication. I have no plans of stopping because this med changed my life in just one day"

krale4 (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2015

"The medication itself works very well for nerve and anxiety, however, other people don't like me on it. I either am sleeping or nodding or just an ass. You can also black out on this med and do some seriously dumb potential hurt yourself. Be careful and take as little as you can get by with."

Sunshinr (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I took Klonopin daily for about a year due to a bout with anxiety and depression. I was put on an AD and added this after a few weeks as the AD was not helping my anxiety or depression. I took 0.25-0.5mg twice per day most of the time and had to change my AD twice over the first several months to get on the right one. Klonopin helped me alot during this time. I finally went back to Pristiq which had worked several years prior for me and after a few months was back to myself and with my Dr's OK I weaned off of the Klonopin and have been of it completely for almost two months now. I was terrified to stop it since I heard so many horror stories of benzo withdraw but I had no withdraw just as my Dr. had thought. Good luck!"

itsnotforever (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Was warned about benzo's by my first psychiatrist but in all fairness I haven't seen a (major) dosage increase. I first started with .25mg when I needed it. Mostly at night to .5mg again mostly at night. To then routinely taking .5mg in the morning and at night. Never straying to take it any more doses per day because of said addiction warnings. I have had some lapses in taking the prescribed amount for a couple days of which I paid for with loss of sleep but with any negatives I've found for this drug the positives have outweighed the negatives significantly. The biggest negative for me is the controlled substance and the hoops one must go through in order to maintain a routine for the medication."

Pops91 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Okay, here is the thing with Klonopin. It's a drug that works perfectly. There is literally no way to be anxious on a high enough dose, and benzos will be your saving grace if you are suffering from several panic attacks a day or even if you're catatonic. It's also got a pretty good record for being safe, far as I know. Here's the bad part. Any drug that works too well, that allows you to feel too good on it, runs a high risk of dependency. Not only that, withdrawal from this drug is miserable and painful if not done currently and under supervision. You'll be told this is "not abusable as Xanax" because Xanax is common among recreational drug users. That's a fallacy. Klonopin is very easy to double up on and abuse. Do not mix with alcohol."

Steve Stevenson (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 21, 2015

"I was prescribed 0.5 mgs twice a day as needed. Usually take it in the morning around 8 or 9 am and take the other around 7 or 8 pm. Klonopin is a life saver!! I was on Xanax before, but found that it made me zombie like and no matter how little or how much I would take, it didn't help my social anxiety like I needed, which is what I needed help for the most. I've been on klonopin for a few months and have never felt better since my anxiety started to emerge (about 3 1/2 years ago, I'm 21 now) it's definitely boosted my confidence especially in social situations. I'm also been prescribed 60mg of adderall a day, have been for over 10 years. Both combined definitely help when working."

Natashaxo April 16, 2015

"Before this pill I had taken a many different anti-depressant as my family doctor stated that this would with my anxiety as well. This is BS! Anti-depressants only stunted my ability to do, act and everything else good about life. Yah sure it subdued my anxiety but over a long period and never consistent. I finally saw a psychiatrist and she prescribed Clonazepam and within a week my anxiety was at bay. My creative side returned, my libido came roaring back, all in all I was myself again, without the debilitating effects of my anxiety."

Spokenwurds (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have suffered panic attacks and anxiety since I was 14 and was always an anxious child, I am 62 now. I have tried just about every medication on the market and none of them worked. I was lucky enough to find a Dr that said a new drug Klonopin that was a seizure med may help my attacks. I haven't had an attack in years. Although I still take it now I am having pvc's. Klonopin will most of the time stop them. I have always taken it at night but I am gonna try a half during the day. I will be seeing a Cardiologist"

Tamerlane10 April 15, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was prescribed clonazepam, 2mg, 3 times a day for 6 years. I was dropped because my doctor moved out of state. It is The only one that has ever helped to calm my anxiety. I need a new doctor that understands."

Mama Cass (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 12, 2015