User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 190 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

"I absolutely love this medication. I am prescribed 1mg 4 times daily and it helps me so much with my anxiety. I was switched from lorazepam to Clonazepam, and the Clonazepam helps so much more than the lorazepam did. It truly helps me get by with everyday life.!"

Happy Bobby (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Takes time to come up, this is a problem when you have a panic attack, suicidal thoughts and anxiety go away within an hour but they go away, it's like a emergency button, it has saved my life from suicide. Dependence builds within months."

Rassnik (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Works perfectly for me keeps me calm."

HisWorld (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 27, 2016

"Best anti anxiety medication by far. It's Exactly like a Xanax + Valium combination. You get the potency, you get the long half life, you get the great muscle relaxing properties, you also get the best Maintnance Benzo, best for long term use . Etc etc. I tried Ativan, 7/10 rating. Valium, 8/10 rating, and Xanax, 6.5/10 rating. I finally got introduced to Klonopin, and I found exactly what I was looking for. 10/10!"

R35pill2mg (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "You don't need it. It helped at first. After about a year of regular use, it stopped helping, and instead made me very angry. By then, I was taking around 5mg/day, and had a long taper ahead of me to ease the hellish physical dependency. You don't want the taper. You don't want to numb your feelings with this horrible tranquilizer. You are worth more and you have more in you than you want to believe when you sign up for this cop-out nightmare."

davefromnorthjersey (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2016

"As an alternative to Clonazepam, I tried a natural anxiety remedy called Zenapin which was reviewed well by several sources. STAY AWAY FROM ZENAPIN. This 'natural' remedy made me dizzy with a constant headache. Don't belive the hype. This Product Is Bad For You!"

cdeangelo (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 19, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I've had panic attacks since I can remember. I recall my family DR.telling my mother that I would eventually need something for my nerves. I developed an irregular heartbeat around the age of 20. Of course, I am the last person who needed that symptom. I would go into a full blown panic attack and end up in the ER. My family Dr talked me into taking Xanax. I took .5 3 times a day like clockwork. Along with Tenormin for my afib.for 10 years . I then switched to Klonopin .5 3× daily. It was miracle. No side effects. After taking the same dose for 15 years, my new Dr dropped dropped it to twice daily. OK for about 6 months. I've been in the ER 5 times in the last 12 months. I need some good advice."

B.Steve (taken for 10 years or more) April 18, 2016

"Good"

Rajul April 18, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have been orally using Diazepam, (VALIUM) 10 mg. tabs- Qty: 90 monthly. 1 tab 3x a day q 8"

VICO DAN WATSON (taken for 10 years or more) April 14, 2016

"This medication worked perfectly. No side effects and it really helped with my anxiety and dystonia. This medication helped my sex life as I was more relaxed, and really helped me socially, as I was no longer anxious in social situations. Clonazepam stopped they dystonic movements completely and they have not returned. I would highly recommend this drug."

Anonj26 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "The doctor prescribe this for my anxiety not realizing what I was taking after taking for a year I decided to look up the clonazepam and found out what I was really taken and how hard it is to get off of it has been pure hell how can something be so good but so bad I tell everyone stay clear of this medication and go alternative because the withdrawals are evil it has been a total nightmare trying to get off of this pill and I am on a low dose .05 this pill was supposed to help my life not ruin it. The headaches are unbearable the nauseous is miserable and the dizziness is in sane everyone please stay clear of this medicine because when you try to get off of it is pure hell nightmare"

Pure Stupid (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 9, 2016

"Clonazepam has been a lifesaver for me. As an addiction counselor, I thankfully understand the risks and have used it PRN for years now with no issues. Unfortunately, I have treated many people who did not understand the risks involved with this (and any) medication. EDUCATE YOURSELVES!! Benzodiazepines are an amazing class of drugs, if used correctly."

rdopwm (taken for 10 years or more) April 8, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I took my first pill last night, and feel better already! I had never before suffered from anxiety, until I started a new and very stress-filled job. I held my own at first, but the past few months really took it's toll on my physical health. Yesterday, I truly believed I was having either a heart attack, or panic attack...I've never had a panic attack, never! Rushed to my doctor who looked at me and said- I've never seen you look like this before. After explaining how my job was affecting my life, and talking about different stress/anxiety relievers, and making time for me, he wrote the prescription. I was hesitant to take, but slept like a baby for the first time in months! I will check back as I continue with the medication."

Ihavenonickname April 8, 2016

"I started this Drug in 2004 because because of bad panic attacks and high anxiety anytime I was outside my house. In elevators, in crowds, in cars if there was a lot of traffic and a million other situations. I did no research on this drug, just assumed my doctor knew best. It definitely works, probably the best anti anxiety drug on the market, and longer lasting than Xanax, however it does come at costs. Depending how much you take, or how much anxiety relief you need it can really be debilitating. If you need higher doses it can make you drowsy, cannot drive. I highly recommend this drug for emergency usage only because its addictive and I didn't know this but stopped abruptly and had widthdrawls like a heroin addict when I stopped"

dontleavethehouse April 1, 2016

"I'm a 37 year old male and have suffered from Anxiety for as long as I can remember. I've tried tons of anti anxiety meds, including Diazepam, Lorazepam, Alprazolam, Oxazepam, Hydroxyzine, Gabapentin, SSRI's, SNRI's, etc etc. I finally got introduced to Clonazepam, what a MIRACLE of how good it works for me. I take 2mg 3x daily and I'm finally anxiety free. Living a perfect normal life now. Best medication I've ever used. Thank you KLONOPIN for giving me my life back."

Klonazepam2mgTEVA (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 31, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Been taking benzodiazepines for near 10 years now. Started with 1mg of Lorazepam once daily, but it stopped working after about 2 years. I got prescribed Clonazepam 1mg twice daily.Worked like a charm for 5 years, then stopped having any effect. Still, Clonazepam is amazing compared to Lorazepam. This is an amazing medication. I was prescribed an up-dose (2mg three times daily, but I usually only took one pill a day or two, because 2mg is very strong). I was also prescribed Xanax to take along with Clonazepam due to having a panic disorder as well as generalized anxiety, but after about a year I decided that the Xanax was pretty useless (and tasted like wet chalk) so asked my psychiatrist to stop prescribing it. Just clonazepam. It's great."

Renee33 (taken for 10 years or more) March 27, 2016

"A nurse at a psychologist put me on this drug along with Prozac over 3 years ago. She told me it would be a band-Aid until the Prozac start working. I went for a follow up appointment a month later and she said since it's working she didn't want to change anything. Months went by I still felt great no panic attacks, nothing. Started to gain weight and felt extremely sleepy during the day so I wanted to start weaning off-spent 1 1/2 yr trying to wean myself off only to start the withdrawal symptoms - electrical shocks, extreme night sweats and nightmares.Finally I weaned myself to .5 mg Klonopin and 10 mg of Prozac. Last Friday night (10 days today) I came home and flushed the pills. going through hell now. Don't start, get help naturally!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 27, 2016

"Indigogirl, Switching from Ativan to Klonopin is very common. Due to the fact that Klonopin is 2x more potent tand lasts much longer also. 2mg Ativan = 1mg Klonopin. Ativan has a 12-18 hour half life, while Klonopin has a 24-50 hour half life. Ativan peaks within 30 minutes, while Klonopin peaks within 2 hours. If you were too sleepy with the switch, your Klonopin dose was too much. For me, Klonopin is the best all around benzo. I've been on Xanax, Ativan, and Valium, Klonopin is the king of the class of Benzodiazepines."

KlonoPINme (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 22, 2016

"I don't know that it is clonazepam 1mg 1 mg per day, but I have electric like sensation from my head into my feet. Joints hurt, burning sensation in feet make it uncomfortable to walk.. Anxiety attacks are worse to the point of not wanting to go out especially alone.. I was taking trazodone, stopped at 25 mg. Dose last night, replaced with 5 HTP, 50 mg. Of sequel (which I have been taking. ) I slept fine, but when I awoke some problems with tingling, burning. When I took another 5 HTP and clonazepam, plus 2 mg. Of Tizanidine, I went back to sleep, but the burning, tingling and painful joints very bad upon awakening. Still going on. I thought the natural products would eliminate this. "

Babyjones42 March 19, 2016

"This med is a godsend, I only wish I was diagnosed earlier in life, so I wouldn't have lost so many years to anxiety and panic attacks!"

LuckyLarry777 March 13, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This "medicine" ruined my life. I took it just as the doctor prescribed Clonazepam.5mg every night before bed. He said I would probably need them for the rest of my life. He failed to tell me these are very powerful TRANQUILIZERS (all benzo are). We are only supposed to take these for no more than 2 weeks!! It worked well for many years until one day it quit working. Tolerance Withdrawal, Sick 24/7, med no longer works, sheer panic. Suffering all since that day and it's been one year off now.These meds also cause depression over the years. I had a great life until this med caused me to lose everything!!! Nightmare!!! Please, don't walk, run from this poison!!"

Hardwork56 (taken for 10 years or more) March 8, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This drug is great. Sure you can go med free, which I've done, to prove to yourself that anxiety can't hurt you and there is nothing to fear (blah blah blah) - BUT my life truly was misery with this approach. What's the point, I told myself, of proving I can tough it out. Left unchecked anxiety can spin you into fearing all kinds of silly stuff - doctor/dentist visits, flying, being stuck in traffic, shopping .... Klonopin kills the deep down anxiety. Oh - and if all you have is anxiety (no depression) - stay far far away from the antidepressants......some friendly advice."

JPinMD (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 6, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I started taking this drug 10 years ago because I was always stressed and was waking up at 3am. Started on 0.5mg at bedtime, combined with Trazadone, and it would knock me out within 15 minutes-I almost had to rush to the bed sometimes. It was prescribed to take another dose in the morning but I only did this once, as it made me very sleeping driving to work. I later discovered the Trazadone wasn't doing anything and now just take the Klonopin at 0.75mg at bedtime and it gradually puts me to sleep and keeps me there. If I wake in the middle of the night and would normally stress about stuff, I am able to fall back to sleep till morning. Helps with work anxiety during the day, too. It has been a miracle drug for me!"

MarcofromTropoja (taken for 10 years or more) March 4, 2016

"The absolute perfect benzo. The long half life is there, the potency is there, great muscle relaxing properties, great for sleep, I can go on and on with this. I'm prescribed 1mg 3x daily, and that's my perfect dose..I take 1 in the am, 1 in the afternoon, and 1 in the pm, and it works like magic. I've tried other benzos, Xanax, Valium, and Ativan..although those benzos were also very helpful, but Klonopin is my #1"

Teva834-2mg (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 27, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I love Klonopin. When I was going through an extremely hard custody case with my ex husband, my doctor prescribed the Klonopin. She scheduled it up to 3 times a day. I used it too. It helped me face my fears and stand up for myself for once. Once that was over she scheduled it on 1.0mg as needed up to.3 time's a day. I still have the script. I do use the Klonopin only when I'm in a situation that I need help relaxing. I know I need it at those times. When I take it, I would feel great. If I didn't need it but thought I did, all it would do is make me tired. It's been 3 years of PRN Klonopin & I know when I need it and when I don't. For those who feel this could be abused, my response is if the person really needs it, Misuse wouldn't happen"

Jo...Jo (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2016