User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam Review Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 100 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I started taking Klonopin a few years ago 0.5 mg twice a day and prn as needed for anxiety. The drug works great for me keeps my anxiety away and I feel more on a normal level. It also helps me sleep . I only take it prn now and I feel it saved my life anxiety is a terrible thing to deal with."

David5962 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 19, 2015

"Clonazepam (Klonopin) works wonderfully for anxiety. I love that it is nonaddictive, there's not need to take it everyday for it to work. Having a stressful day that you can't handle, (with my boarderline personality disorder this happens a lot), just take a pill or two to ease the edge. The feelings of anger are still there, but it relaxes the tension in your mind and body to rid the potency of the anger, so it is more tolerable. it is also 100% covered by medicaid, but without insurance, the cost for a prescription of .5mg for 90 pills a month is less than $3"

TK23 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 14, 2015

"I was on Klonopin for 16 yrs. now side effects. Been off for three years now going through life changes I am experiencing a lot of panic attacks and anxiety racing thoughts scared to be alone and running to try to avoid these feeling. But, it wouldn't stop. Now I am on Klonopin again for a little help to get through this tough time so I can think. Klonopin is my choice because I have been on it for so long I know what it does for me. When I need it and when I don't. Like I said before I haven't had a side effect and after I take just on pill I feel great clear thinking and focused. A lot of people can't take Klonopin but for me it's my life savor."

Hardly (taken for 10 years or more) May 14, 2015

"Positive. Though variations in different generic companies product. i notice difference in effectivnes. And potency vary from one generic verses Another generic manufacturer So patient really should understand there are subtle differences that can be noticed with attention to detail. And careful analysis."

John doe 1 May 13, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Anger. Anxiety. Stomach in a knot. Wanting to die. Then I take my Klonopin and a warm feeling envelops me. I'm suddenly calm. I'm reasonable and rational. The violence in my heart temporarily melts away. I'm not angry anymore. I take a short vacation from misery. Then I blissfully drift off to sleep. I won't take it often because I don't want to become addicted. But when things get unbearable, my Klonopin soothes my racing mind."

Auntie Depressant (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 8, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Helps for a while but then seems to decrease in effectiveness over time"

ihatesupercenters (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 8, 2015

"This has been the ONLY medication that has completely put a stop to my severe social anxiety/panic attacks. I've been on it for about a week. I am on .5 mg twice a day and I am able to actually leave my house and get stuff done without that cloud of anxiety over my head. About and hour to kick in and it lasts me usually 6 hours. Then I take another around 3pm. If I find it hard to sleep I take a 3rd one right before bed and snooze away like a baby. Never have I been able to wake before 7am with no anxiety and energy for the day. I have had no side effects and I am VERY sensitive to medication. I have no plans of stopping because this med changed my life in just one day"

krale4 (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2015

"The medication itself works very well for nerve and anxiety, however, other people don't like me on it. I either am sleeping or nodding or just an ass. You can also black out on this med and do some seriously dumb potential hurt yourself. Be careful and take as little as you can get by with."

Sunshinr (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I took Klonopin daily for about a year due to a bout with anxiety and depression. I was put on an AD and added this after a few weeks as the AD was not helping my anxiety or depression. I took 0.25-0.5mg twice per day most of the time and had to change my AD twice over the first several months to get on the right one. Klonopin helped me alot during this time. I finally went back to Pristiq which had worked several years prior for me and after a few months was back to myself and with my Dr's OK I weaned off of the Klonopin and have been of it completely for almost two months now. I was terrified to stop it since I heard so many horror stories of benzo withdraw but I had no withdraw just as my Dr. had thought. Good luck!"

itsnotforever (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 29, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Was warned about benzo's by my first psychiatrist but in all fairness I haven't seen a (major) dosage increase. I first started with .25mg when I needed it. Mostly at night to .5mg again mostly at night. To then routinely taking .5mg in the morning and at night. Never straying to take it any more doses per day because of said addiction warnings. I have had some lapses in taking the prescribed amount for a couple days of which I paid for with loss of sleep but with any negatives I've found for this drug the positives have outweighed the negatives significantly. The biggest negative for me is the controlled substance and the hoops one must go through in order to maintain a routine for the medication."

Pops91 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Okay, here is the thing with Klonopin. It's a drug that works perfectly. There is literally no way to be anxious on a high enough dose, and benzos will be your saving grace if you are suffering from several panic attacks a day or even if you're catatonic. It's also got a pretty good record for being safe, far as I know. Here's the bad part. Any drug that works too well, that allows you to feel too good on it, runs a high risk of dependency. Not only that, withdrawal from this drug is miserable and painful if not done currently and under supervision. You'll be told this is "not abusable as Xanax" because Xanax is common among recreational drug users. That's a fallacy. Klonopin is very easy to double up on and abuse. Do not mix with alcohol."

Steve Stevenson (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 21, 2015

"I was prescribed 0.5 mgs twice a day as needed. Usually take it in the morning around 8 or 9 am and take the other around 7 or 8 pm. Klonopin is a life saver!! I was on Xanax before, but found that it made me zombie like and no matter how little or how much I would take, it didn't help my social anxiety like I needed, which is what I needed help for the most. I've been on klonopin for a few months and have never felt better since my anxiety started to emerge (about 3 1/2 years ago, I'm 21 now) it's definitely boosted my confidence especially in social situations. I'm also been prescribed 60mg of adderall a day, have been for over 10 years. Both combined definitely help when working."

Natashaxo April 16, 2015

"Before this pill I had taken a many different anti-depressant as my family doctor stated that this would with my anxiety as well. This is BS! Anti-depressants only stunted my ability to do, act and everything else good about life. Yah sure it subdued my anxiety but over a long period and never consistent. I finally saw a psychiatrist and she prescribed Clonazepam and within a week my anxiety was at bay. My creative side returned, my libido came roaring back, all in all I was myself again, without the debilitating effects of my anxiety."

Spokenwurds (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have suffered panic attacks and anxiety since I was 14 and was always an anxious child, I am 62 now. I have tried just about every medication on the market and none of them worked. I was lucky enough to find a Dr that said a new drug Klonopin that was a seizure med may help my attacks. I haven't had an attack in years. Although I still take it now I am having pvc's. Klonopin will most of the time stop them. I have always taken it at night but I am gonna try a half during the day. I will be seeing a Cardiologist"

Tamerlane10 April 15, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was prescribed clonazepam, 2mg, 3 times a day for 6 years. I was dropped because my doctor moved out of state. It is The only one that has ever helped to calm my anxiety. I need a new doctor that understands."

Mama Cass (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 12, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Hi, Almost two years ago, I started on a dose of 0.5mg of Klonopin twice a day (or as needed) along with 20 mg of Celexa (citalopram). I would say Klonopin is an effective drug and useful for treating anxiety and panic attacks. However, my advice would be to make sure that you are working with your doctor if deciding to cut down on/taper off of Klonopin. I weaned my dose off without talking to my doc a few times. Mostly OK (days of some side effects notwithstanding), however, once it was pretty bad. I recall feeling -- edgy -- all day at work, and then later that night feeling horrible. I didn't want to eat, I cried, and I kept having anxious thoughts. I would not recommend leaving Klonopin cold turkey unless you really feel ready."

ATLien (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "FINALLY relief of life long anxiety"

laloloooo (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2015

"When I was young I used to suffer from anxiety. After the years its stop on its own. Now that I am living alone all my anxiety came back. I been taking them for 8 months and let me tell you is the only thing that works. I can now sleep and love to come home. Before I used to get so scared thinking of death all the time. I used to wake up my two kids at 2 in the morning thinking I was dying and I will drive to my moms house. Now I feel like I am living a Normal life."

angie19860905 April 7, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Where to start? Anxiety kicked in back in my childhood from a mother who needed HRT but it was not readily available back then and she, well, she hurt us a lot. Then about 4 years ago my husband was in a near fatal car accident and a year after that we had to put our daughter into a psych ward for about 3 weeks. Long story there, but my anxiety was out of control. Pounding heart as soon as I woke up and all day long. The thought of taking a shower was almost overwhelming. A shower! So my Dr put me on Klonopin. Amazing. Helped me so much. Then his clinic couldn't prescribe it for a few months due to laws that were passed and then amended. So I was off of it for about a year. So very horrible. But back on and grateful!!"

TwinOfAlice (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I have been on this anxiolytic longer than any other, & I feel that it works the best at controlling my panic attacks."

Illcomm (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Best ever. I take very small amount and then a whole yellow pilll to sleep. It helps GAD, insomnia, and my RL S . I never and drive, nor do I use it work.Never make me high :) Works for me!!"

G$$ (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2015

"I was on clonazepam about 3/4 years ago for about 6-1 year.... Best moments in my life I was very socially active had many friends, went to school graduated from school. I was able to sleep very well. The reason I had to get on the medications in the first place is because my anxiety was acting up, I couldn't sleep, I would behave very wildly at times. I took 3 mg a day . 1 mg in the morning and 2 mg at night. I became a Christian and I tapered of the meds, I believe meds should be taken short term less than 6 months . I wanna get back on klonopin 2mgs at night 3 if they say so but just 2 is fine with me. I've been through much trauma I'm currently on gabapentin and it's not helpin as klonopin gabap is similar to klonopin."

YediDE March 30, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Helped my anxiety. Was already taking Lexapro added 0.5 mg of Klonopin no more anxiety attacks."

Christy4533 March 27, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Works great. As soon as I take it my anxiety its gone."

Gelly (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 26, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This medicine helped with my anxiety a lot. I tend to get very anxious during the night and it can keep me up at times. I'm on 0.5 mg and its works great! I finally get to sleep and not constantly worry about things. Although one downside is when I wake up. I still feel sedated and tired for about 3 hours but overall a very good medicine."

Anon- March 26, 2015