User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Clonazepam review summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 100 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety

Review by sarag1977: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): Started this medicine a month ago and I have to say the low dose of 0.5mg has changed my day to day life!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 8, 2014 4:33 PM
Review by calm cate (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

clonazepam: Panic attacks, severe. Once on medication haven't had any. Anxiety is in check. Can function as normal or maybe better looking back over my whole life.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 6, 2014 10:06 PM
Review by WendyDee:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I began getting severe panic attacks in the middle of the night every night. Not just regular sleep pattern problems. But waking up wanting to be dead. This went on for a couple years until I could not bare it anymore. My doctor prescribed me Klonopin and it has done the trick. Previous to Klonopin I tried Ambien, Ambien XL, and Seroquel. I personally think it's a good idea to follow your doctors instructions and start with the more mild medicine. But to those who warn of the withdrawal symptoms of Klonopin. I have to say that opinion does not apply to all. Not wanting to die in the middle of the night every night for 2 years is such a benefit to me that I will risk the withdrawal symptoms that may come with stopping later down the road.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 2, 2014 12:07 AM
Review by wop (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

clonazepam: I take 1 tablet (1mg) 3 times a day. Helped me so much. It lasts a lot longer than Ativan, Xanax and doesn't make me like a zombie like Valium.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 31, 2014 6:17 PM
Review by Alayska: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): For the past few years I have been suffering from severe anxiety and depression, when my Doctor put me on 0.5 mg I didn't know if it would help or not, but in just a month or 2, my life has changed a lot for the better. I've been more self confident, and going out more. It really does help. As people have mentioned before take the lowest dosage that suits you. It really is a great treatment for anxiety. Though everyone is different, if you're running out of options you should definitely ask your Doctor about it!

March 22, 2014 10:21 PM
Review by JohnnyEuro1: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): Klonopin has been a wonderful medication for me. I'm a young male who gets social anxiety, and overall anxious feelings about situational matters that I just couldn't stop. Well, I take 0.5 mg of Klonopin once daily and haven't had a hint of social nor general anxiety since. I can now focus on school, interact with others with confidence, sleep well at night, and enjoy my life again.The medication gives you a steady sense of calm and tranquility WITHOUT making you feel sedated (at least it does for me), and its effects lasts between 6-8 hours! Xanax worked as well, but it made me too sedated to adequately perform my daily schedules, plus didn't last as long.

March 21, 2014 9:48 AM
Review by willingtotry: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I've had anxiety for over 30 years, I'm in my 50's. I've been on Effexor and a few other antidepressants, which helped some, but sexual side effects were weird. I reluctantly started Klonopin about 6 months ago but was afraid of the addictive properties of it. So I started on a real low dose 0.125 mg, once a day. And some days I take the another 0.125 mg. totaling 0.25mg per day. I'll admit it helps a lot. It makes me feel like myself again. It doesn't stop the scary thoughts and stupid fears that I have, but I don't react as poorly to them. I'm hoping I don't have to increase my dosage, but figure I have a lot of room to go up if I do. Still wish I didn't have to take them but this winter was rough and I needed some help until the sun shines again.

March 20, 2014 12:27 PM
Review by Nick Gehringer (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): Klonopin definitely has a smoother onset and longer duration than Xanax. Some tolerance can develop on long term usage so try to keep the dose as low as possible. Great benzodiazepine, wipes out anxiety once you figure out the right dosage for you.

March 15, 2014 6:16 PM
Review by 44oakrdr (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

clonazepam: Definitely helps with anxiety and panic attacks, all side effects have subsided. I do keep mednotes on all medications I take for interactions just because I've had some scares with some medications that have interacted with each other but the pharmacist or doctors have not caught onto.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 14, 2014 10:39 AM
Review by Jpal1397: User Rating:

clonazepam: I have been taking Klonopin for generalized anxiety disorder for 18 years now. I am 52 years old and this medicine saved my quality of life. I have ranged between 2.5 and 3.5 mg for 18 years now. No side effects at all. Psychiatrist told me I could use it the rest of my life. Felt it was an older but best proven remedy for dealing with GAD on the market. No pharmaceutical kickbacks involved so not as popular as other medicines being prescribed. No pharmaceutical incentives to sell. Not addictive but could be dependency forming. Lesser of evils versus anxiety. I highly recommend it in proper circumstances.

March 12, 2014 6:28 PM
Review by sarag7977 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): Started low dose of 0.25mg and it has changed my life! Only take lowest dose needed and work with a therapist because medicine doesn't do all the work..YOU have to as well.

March 10, 2014 3:57 PM
Review by sag34mom (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I take this for anxiety and only a low dose of 0.25mg (half of a 0.5mg) and it works wonders and I am VERY sensitive to medicines. Only take the lowest dose you need and you won't experience side effects.

March 9, 2014 1:03 PM
Review by playboybuddyrose (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): Works great for my anxiety but I have bad cases of diarrhea. I take 1mg twice a day, also on Seroquel 400 mg.

February 28, 2014 4:55 PM
Review by saram234 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

clonazepam: This has saved my anxiety! Was on Buspar and it helped but wasn't strong enough...low dose of clonazepam 0.25mg once a day is all I need.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 28, 2014 8:07 AM
Review by TaraBolduc: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): You can take it during any anxiety issue within 20mins I noticed the difference it made. In seven yrs I've been able to do so much more. I would call it the miracle pill.

February 27, 2014 12:41 PM
Review by zook:

clonazepam: I have bad anxiety, panic attacks since 18yrs old. 45 now. I give it a 10. I take 3mg to 6mg a day. Nothing else works with my other medicines. Some days I don't take any, no problems with it. Not a vegetable eater, I'm an avid outdoorsman but every medicine is different for every person.

February 2, 2014 12:23 AM
Review by bil123: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I've had GAD for 30 years. The last 5 years it's gotten worse, my normal techniques weren't working anymore and I needed help. I take the smallest amount of Klonopin 0.25 mg once per day and it level's things out.

January 13, 2014 11:22 AM
Review by Haloflower: User Rating:

clonazepam: One month my doctor gave me 90 pills instead of 120 and I didn't bother to read the label, and he didn't tell me either. So, for the last week before my next apt I was going through severe withdrawals. I could not sleep at all. My pulse was over 100 (Usually 60). My blood pressure was high too. I've been taking these for over 1 year now, so I don't know why he went to 90 instead of 120. I have VERY high anxiety, and it was not cutting it for me not being on it for a week. When I went back on it, I was just fine. I would for sure give this a 9.9 rating. Best medicine for anxiety I have ever taken!

December 30, 2013 11:57 AM
Review by Anxiety & Insomnia Problems in PA (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

clonazepam: I have been on Clonezepam for 2 different reasons. 1 for Anxiety 1mg pill 3xs a day, and then 1mg at bedtime to help Insomnia. It REALLY helps with the anxiety part with me losing both parents & dealing with my own rheumatoid arthritis at age 26. To those worried about becoming addicted or physically dependent on this medicine, I wouldn't worry about it too much as I been on it for 3 yrs now and I haven't had to had to up my dose at all and have been on steady 4mg daily. There were a few times where my doctor went on vacation & it was my fault for not getting my script early. My Anxiety was bad for 3-4 days BUT I felt NO WITHDRAWALS or SICKNESS at all from lack of the clonazepam.

December 27, 2013 8:58 PM
Review by mrdjm365 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): A very effective medicine, that needs to be used with care and caution. I wouldn't take more than 1mg per day, and my doctor will not prescribe any higher dose. I take it in combination with Lexapro, and my anxiety is nearly obliterated. I would say be very careful, though, about dosage.

December 26, 2013 4:17 PM
Review by lady38 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): It is wonderful. I only wish I knew about it sooner.

December 18, 2013 9:11 PM
Review by KlonopinInfo (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): Klonopin is a great, I went through trial and error to get it but my doctor finally prescribed it! Been on it for 2 months and it's been great, but people you still need to learn to cope while on it, it's not just a miracle pill. I give it a 9/10.

December 14, 2013 7:15 PM
Review by Ashes2ashes: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): I was placed on 150mg x2 a day Wellbutrin & 0.5mg Klonopin X 2 a day. Wellbutrin gave me the initial energy I needed to stay awake. At one point I didn't have enough Klonopin to get me through so I cut my dosage in 1/2 for the Klonopin to 0.5mg. Wellbutrin was overpowering it made me too hyperactive and made my anxiety rage so I stopped taking it and it helped calm me down. My depression disappeared and my anxiety leveled out. Since, I%u2019ve been back on 0.5mg x 2 a day, extra as needed and stayed off the Wellbutrin. The depression hasn't come back yet. If I forget to take Klonopin for more than a day I start losing my thoughts mid-sentence and I forget everything that I%u2019m trying to say. Then my anxiety comes back and I%u2019m a mess until I take it.

December 14, 2013 1:33 PM
Review by Gjgbjug: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): Panic attacks and anxiety run in my family, and this helped me big time. I was scared to take any medicines after having a bad experience with another anxiety medication, but I took it finally and day three of my panic attack/no sleep was over! I could eat again and finally crack a smile. It did make me sleepy, and it felt a tad funny to walk. I only took them before bed to sleep unless I really needed it. It restored my confidence that I could be happy again and made me feel comfy just knowing I had them on me. I am off of them for now and on a different anxiety pill, because my doc didn't want me to become dependent on them. I do keep one or two in my purse for emergencies.

December 12, 2013 10:19 PM
Review by WhiteRook (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam): Klonopin works pretty well at low doses (2-4 mg). I'm 46 6'4' 260 lbs. Higher doses just make me drool and shuffle, and cause horribly painful foot cramps if I miss a dose or two. Low dose, no problems. One wicked side effect is memory loss and speed of comprehension. Sleep is better. Withdrawal is pretty easy at low doses. Taper from high doses. It also was a major asset discontinuing opiates, and their various temporary-but-forever withdrawal effects.

November 26, 2013 9:53 PM