User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 1 reviews 43 medications

Cluster-Tic Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 614 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Clonazepam

Review by liaa (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: I have panic disorder....very effective.

May 6, 2013 11:08 PM

Review by Ouch (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I have had restless legs syndrome for years. In the beginning it was a problem at bedtime. Over time it started everytime I was sitting for more than a few minutes. I couldn't do anything comfortably. Driving, reading the paper, going to a movie, flying, church, watching TV. Clonazepam has worked well! At first it was perfect and then I started experiencing restless legs right after I took it at night. I still do usually, but it is not very intense and doesn't last long. The medication holds it off the rest of the time. Occasionally I'll have a mild attack while driving or something. It's not very often and not nearly the intensity it was before clonazepam.

May 5, 2013 9:48 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Panic Disorder: I've been on Clonazepam for anxiety and panic disorder for about 5-6 years. I am prescribed 1 mg 2 x a day. I don't take it that often, I take it as needed and usually only need 1/2 of one to get stop the panic attack, on rare occasion I take 1 whole if it's a really bad one but that isn't very often at all seems though I can stop them before they get extreme. It works GREAT for me, with no side effects at all. And even after being on them for such a long period of time, I've not had to up my dose ever. I still take the same amount I started with (as needed). This was a lifesaver for me, as I was too anxious to even take meds before them. I feel safe now and know that this will work. Recommend!

May 5, 2013 1:08 PM

Review by TOuimet:

For Anxiety: Just started taking this. Lost my husband not long ago, he had cancer and I was his caregiver for a year. Now I suffer with panic and anxiety because of what I saw and was so consumed with thoughts that I would get sick or constantly thinking I'd get sick. I shyed away from everything and just recently got up strength and go to get help. Dr I have is brilliant and prescribed this for me and I cried because for once in a year I felt me again. This truly is amazing.

May 4, 2013 1:36 AM

Review by sallymaebooth (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Seizure Prevention: I was prescribed this 6 months ago by an ER doctor after my first ever tonic clonic seizure. I'd been taking it for about 6 weeks before I could get an appointment with a neuro Dr. I was working, had no problems at all with it - actually was helping me sleep better and I didn't have any other seizures. The Dr took me off them & said it wasn't the right medicine. I tried 2 medicines by his suggestions and changed Dr's after bad reactions. The new doctor had me on 3 others that also gave me bad reactions - GUESS WHAT - now I'm back on them and I'm feeling like myself again & I'm not having any trouble at all. I just wish they would've listened to me to begin with.

April 26, 2013 4:15 PM

Review by lunarchyld (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I suffer severe anxiety disorder and post traumatic stress disorder. These pills (1mg 3x daily) keep me calm enough to not worry about full blown panic attacks all the time. I take this in addition to a mild antidepressant. I take a low dose of Celexa and Buspar with this and it really keeps this under control for me.

April 23, 2013 2:52 PM

Review by Yevgeniya:

For Bipolar Disorder: I've been on this medicine for about a month. I am currently on 1 mg 3x daily. There is no kick to it, in that it's so smooth I'm not sure it's working. I have less outbursts so I think it helps with that.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 23, 2013 1:14 PM

Review by Too Much Panic! (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: I hadn't had a panic attack in years, but I got sick with the stomach flu about 3 weeks ago which was a trigger for it to return. The past three weeks have been living hell. It took a such a toll on my daily life at home and work. I had an appointment for this coming Friday but woke up this morning in tears from waking up with a panic attack. I called my doctors and begged them to get me in today and the doctors prescribed me clonazepam to take as needed and within minutes of taking it, I felt like myself again. I'm new to this medication but so excited to finally just be able to breathe again.

April 23, 2013 2:31 AM

Review by ohio*buckeyes (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder about 6 years ago and had my share of trying different medications to get it under control. After multiple trials with medicines my doctor finally found the right combination for me (Lexapro, lithium, (Depakote had sexual side effects), Synthroid, trazodone at night, multivitamins and B-1 vitamin). This combination worked great to get my mood swings under control. Once my mood swings were under control, I started having extreme anxiety attacks. I was then diagnosed with anxiety disorder as well. My doctor prescribed 0.75 mg Klonopin 3 times a day, as needed and it is a lifesaver. Klonopin knocks my anxiety down within 15 min. I have been taking it for 3 yrs with great results.

April 20, 2013 8:47 AM

Review by Raanin (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Used to take 2 mgs three times per day with my old doctor, stopped for a year, and now I'm on 0.5mg three times a day. I built up a tolerance quickly, but when I have a panic attack 4 mgs stops it dead. I love Klonopin, it lasts longer than Xanax and doesn't give me a crazy hangover feeling the next day!

April 19, 2013 8:58 PM

Review by jpsousa (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Insomnia: I've been using Klonopin for about 4 years. I take it when I awake in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. 0.5 mg gives me about 3 hours sleep and much more if I've not been taking it for a few days. Recently, I've been weaning myself by reducing the dosage to 0.25 mg. This weaning would be more difficult if I weren't retired so that I can get more sleep just by staying in bed longer. Not sleeping is much more adverse to my health than taking a moderate dose of Klonopin.

April 13, 2013 1:38 PM

Review by Wkumomma (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: I am bipolar on 500mg Lamictal, 1200mg gabapentin and prescribed Klonopin. I am prescribed to take it 1.0 two times a day but don't need to often. When I am hysterical or very angry in which I want to hit someone or tell them off which happens sometimes you take half usually and it works. I take a whole one if its too much to handle. I don't use it all the time sometimes not even for a week. It's wonderful for those out if control moments! Klonopin is much better for bipolar, to use than Xanax. Xanax had no effect in me at all!

April 13, 2013 1:35 PM

For Anxiety: I'm 22 and allergic to peanuts so I would worry all the time about it and would just have panic attacks like at least 3-4 times a week then starting taking this and it just went away. Works great, I feel like a normal person again, no worries.

April 11, 2013 11:42 AM

Review by Gentlebreeze (taken for 10 years or more):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: This medication opened up a whole new world for me. I developed a very bad anxiety & panic disorder and lived with it for years. Therapy and many other medications did not help! Didn't notice much of a difference initially but by the time I was up to 1mg 3 times a day my life so greatly improved. I currently take another medication (Xanax). I was taken off the medication because I became an alcoholic. When I detoxed from alcohol I was immediately taken of Klonopin. My only concern for people that are taking it is that if they decide to stop, please withdraw from it properly by a gradual reduction over a period of time. The hospital took me off of it without gradually reducing it. The withdrawal was horrible!

April 7, 2013 9:09 PM

Review by Mo Jee:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: In my opinion this medicine is great. It feels good to be able to go outdoors with confidence. No more anxiety dizziness, I can say hello to a nice girl at a coffee shop or even read a book without thinking everyone is looking and laughing at me. This medicine worked for me. I now go to the gym and have friends, and have a lively weekly routine. I slowly want to see if I can handle life without them but I always keep them around just in case I have an attack. Good luck guys.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 2, 2013 7:43 PM

Review by juicyjo4:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I have been diagnosed with having panic & anxiety disorders and being bipolar. Klonopin helps me deal with that stress which is the greatest thing because I get to play with my kids a lot more now and take them places in large groups of people. Its helped my life improve, only take as directed.

March 31, 2013 12:59 AM

Review by savannie:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Okay so I have been on Klonopin for about 3 months and might I say it's AWESOME. I have severe anxiety and get panic attacks quite often which are bad and it finally got to point where I couldn't eat or sleep I basically couldn't function. When I first started taking it I was zonked out. They made me so tired but my tolerance has gone up so much and 3 doesn't even do anything to me now so that's the downside. On the up side when the dosage does work your anxiety is completely gone and you just feel so chill yet able to function (at least for me). Hopefully my dosage will be upped and I'll be happy again. I definitely recommend Klonopin as always be careful and have a wonderful day.

March 29, 2013 12:20 AM

Review by angelalala:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Works for me

March 24, 2013 3:26 AM

Review by green eyes2:

For Anxiety: The medication helps my anxiety, helps when I'm in public, around people.

March 22, 2013 11:29 AM

Review by jen.t (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I am 30yrs old. I have been taking Klonopin for 6 years, for severe anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder and bipolar disorder. Since I have been taking it for so long I have gotten a little immune to it. I started taking 0.5mg today I use 2mg 3x daily. When I first started taking it the effects were very strong. So I recommend you start at a lower dose. This medicine has been a life changer for me because now I finally feel like human. I have 2 small kids to look after and with this medicine I can function better in my daily life.

March 22, 2013 10:37 AM

Review by papadave:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: Was totally lost, unable to work, even come out of my room. Still not perfect but a huge improvement. Able to even travel a little.

March 19, 2013 3:49 PM

Review by dreamsofhealth (taken for less than 1 month):

For Night Terrors: Night Terrors have haunted me for the last several years on and off. My night terrors became something that occurred nightly and even if I napped. My family struggled to help me and I had no idea there was help for this. My family doc put me on Clonazepam for anxiety 0.5 at bedtime and I discover my night terrors are no longer there! I am free of night terrors! Feel like I have a new lease on life and hope that the doctor will renew the prescription, but I'm not sure if he will since it's a controlled substance.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2013 1:48 PM

Review by bobooooooo (taken for 10 years or more):

For Panic Disorder: Very good.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 16, 2013 1:28 AM

Review by Milan 4m india (taken for 10 years or more):

For Panic Disorder: From my childhood when I was in standard 10, one day I felt my head very hard like someone push my head and suddenly my heartbeat gain, tightness in chest, vertigo, gas, suddenly I went to doctor and gave me injection of acidity. Day by day everyday I had felt these type of symptoms. My all reports were normal. CT scan was normal. No one doctor found what was going on with me and till 6 years ago I suffered a lot within these symptoms. After suffering too much I consulted psychiatrist, finally they described my disease as (Panic anxiety Disorder). They gave me clonezapam 0.5mg twice daily and magic begun. I came back to my life.

March 8, 2013 4:52 AM

Review by rkya2121 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: Honestly this medication is amazing. The only draw back is that some Dr.'s don't want to prescribe it because it is a controlled substance. I feel so normal when I take this. I deal with heavy anxiety. My panic attacks are an everyday battle. From the heart attack feeling, sweaty palms, closed throat, difficulty breathing, feeling like I'm dying and unable to work, drive, or get out of my bed this medication has given me my life back. I have 3 small children to care for and they need me! I am a much calmer mother. I have anger issues too. This medication helped me deal with my infuriating anxiety. I was so sick of feeling doomed and I hated feeling so weak. I have been on it for 6 Years. No complaints.

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 6, 2013 2:03 AM