User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 1 reviews 13 medications

Chronic Myofascial Pain 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 557 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Clonazepam

Review by D-man (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I was initially prescribed Klonopin (Clonazepam) for generalized anxiety disorder. It works very well, not Quite as Quick as Xanax, However It is well worth the wait. I also have panic disorder. It prevents them from happening in the first place. I developed a tolerance to the sedative effect after A month or two. 2 years strong. I take 1-8mgs a day. Use it sparingly. It has a long half life and stays in your body longer than alprazalam. I feel like Xanax lasts a few hours then rebounds.

September 26, 2012 4:51 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar disorder and through the years extreme anxiety came along with it. I did not care for all the other bipolar medications. Mixing Prozac and Klonopin to treat the bipolar helps dramatically. I didn't even realize Klonopin is used for bipolar until I was on this site, and now I know that this is the right medication for my symptoms.

September 19, 2012 5:57 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Sleep well at night.

September 18, 2012 1:24 PM

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: It has helped me a lot

September 13, 2012 5:29 PM
Review by Emackay690 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I had been prescribed Klonopin in the past to treat severe anxiety until my appointment with a psychiatrist who deemed that such an approach to my anxiety issues was heavy handed. He took me off of them and since then I've been on Lexapro, Buspar, Seroquel, Zoloft, Pristiq, Paxil, Atarax all to little or no avail. I moved to a different area and got a new Psychiatrist who diagnosed me with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. The original course of treatment for that was Ativan 0.5mg three times daily. I was switched to Xanax 1mg twice a day as needed. A couple of months passed by without substantial improvement and I was bumped to Xanax 1mg 3x day Doctor decided Klonopin would be a better approach earlier today. So far so good.

September 10, 2012 9:06 PM
Review by female/ 21 yr old (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Initially I started on citalopram 20 mg once a day. It was great for anxiety and my depression but I had no sex drive at all. My doctor changed me to Effexor 75 mg once a day for long term and was taking lorazepam 1mg as needed. My anxiety was not controlled. I had to take my lorazepam up to 3 times a day. Spoke to my doctor and I stayed on the Effexor but he switched me over to clonazepam 1 mg twice daily as needed. Lorazepam has a short life but clonazepam stays in your system way longer. Ever since I started on the clonazepam I feel so much better. There are days I only take 1mg at night and that's all I need.

September 10, 2012 7:01 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Great and effective medication while taking .25 to .50 mg once per day. I'm in Law Enforcement and have a tough time shutting off my mind now and then. Klonopin works very well at taking away the negative thinking and unrealistic worries. Cops tend to role play alot in their minds, with everything. What if this, what if that?? Sometimes it gets out of hand and the horrible feelings that come from that sort of continuous thinking can really take its toll. Klonopin takes that away for a much longer time than Xanax. I also take 20mg of Lexapro a day, been taking for about three months. It has helped to some degree as well and keeps me from having to take a higher dose of the Klonopin. But overall, I give Klonopin a 10.

September 5, 2012 8:26 PM
Review by chertheluv (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Klonopin has absolutely saved my life in more than one way, with it treating my anxiety and panic attacks. Before I was prescribed Klonopin I had severely withdrawn from almost every aspect of every day life. I was always a very outgoing positive and happy woman before my anxiety and isolation took over every aspect of my life. I just could not face the "real world" before Klonopin and now I have been completely able to live a normal, happy and productive life. It has helped with social anxiety which was what caused me to withdraw from every day life. I cannot praise enough the benefits to me personally. I can again live a happy existence and will never have a bad thing to say about it from own my personal experience.

August 29, 2012 4:22 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

clonazepam for Anxiety: I have a high tolerance to medication, and recently had my dose increased to 1.5mg per day… Nothing. I still feel incredibly awkward in social situations. I don't drink, and would like to be able to live comfortably amongst others, but I haven't been able to, not even in front of my own family, and Clonazepam unfortunately has not offered any release from this.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 23, 2012 1:26 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: Keeps you in the middle (not depressed or manic). No side effects other than being tired in the beginning. Helps with other medicines like lithium and Wellbutrin.

August 12, 2012 12:04 AM
Review by julvanv (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

clonazepam for Anxiety: I had severe anxiety and "social phobia". Clonazepam has been a life saver for me. I have been taking clonazepam for over 10 years and expect to be on it perhaps the rest of my life. I'm 50 and also have Bipolar 2 disorder. I never feel the need to take more then my dosage of 2mg's at bedtime.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 11, 2012 3:35 PM
Review by julvanv (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Very good results and treatment outcomes for anxiety, and "social phobia."

August 11, 2012 3:24 PM

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Seizure Prevention: Good

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 7, 2012 11:23 AM
Review by Pill Pharmer (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Insomnia: I have severe and chronic insomnia that has caused me little (if any) sleep per night, leading to confusion and irritability in the morning, leading to delirium, if prolonged exposure to sleep deprivation was to happen to me. My doctor first prescribed me Seroquel (quetiapine) for my insomnia, which worked a little bit TOO well, as it was too heavily sedating, and left me with too many "morning-after" effects. At my doctor's reluctance (due to substance abuse history in not me, but my family) I was given a prescription to a starting dose of 1 mg a night of Klonopin. This was amazing. As opposed to being forced to sleep by Seroquel, Klonopin lulled me to sleep. It's a wonderful medicine.

July 30, 2012 4:19 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I'm a 48 year-old male, 6-2, 230lbs. I've been taking Klonopin off and on now for the last year. It works pretty well for anxiety and takes about 40 minutes to kick in. I take 0.25mg twice daily. I just started taking Lexapro 20mg and have been on it for about four weeks. Not sure if it's doing much. We'll see in about another 4 weeks if I can stop the Klonopin. I have to agree with others, Xanax works well and quickly, but leaves your system quicker and leaves you more anxious. Klonopin seems to be a little bit smoother and longer lasting about 3-4 hours at 0.25mg. This medicine gets a bad rap due to the people who abuse it. I'm in Law Enforcement and I see it every day who abuse these.

July 18, 2012 8:57 PM
Review by URwhatuknow33 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

clonazepam for Anxiety: My doctor does not like this medicine, although she had no problem until she had a patient with a bad experience, etc. I know that Klonopin has done many things for me, including helping the anxiety and panic attacks. It also soothes a lot of the side effects of my other seizure and neuropathy medications, while it does not mask the effects totally. This is good because you always want to be aware of side effects other medications have on you. I had the perfect balance of medications and was doing very good. I have read some of the ratings and I agree. It helped when nothing else could. The withdrawal symptoms are not good, but, they go away. The problems is that all the bad things about my disease are coming back since I stopped this.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 13, 2012 6:34 PM
Review by 420potsmoker420 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: Works great.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 11, 2012 2:20 PM
Review by Jaylynn (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I have had nothing but excellent results with this medication! Without any side effects! I would definitely recommend Klonopin to/for anybody having anxiety!

July 10, 2012 7:53 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: Had some very severe persistent anxiety pop up. I have been on this for 10 years and its an amazing medication for people with anxiety.

June 29, 2012 6:05 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

clonazepam for Panic Disorder: Clonazepam has drastically improved my life. I used to be afraid to go to sleep. I have seriously injured myself in my sleep in addition to harming others. After one night terror, I required surgery and decided it was time to see a sleep physician. A small dose of Clonazepam and I sleep great. Highly recommend.

June 20, 2012 3:46 PM
Review by Tough Guy: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: After 20 years in denial, I could not take the agony any longer. This is the only medication that's ever helped me. I don't take it everyday, only for those occasions feeling "it" coming on. There were times I could not even venture out of my office at work or perform simple tasks; went by ambulance twice for symptoms of a "heart attack"; nothing wrong with my heart. Driving a car on the expressway for any distance was impossible. Finally a doctor prescribed Klonopin about 2 years ago. There's no way I'd take this 3x daily, just as needed maybe 2-3 days a week.

June 9, 2012 7:12 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Seizure Prevention: Clonazepam is the only medicine that will take away a seizure or cluster of seizures within 15 minutes. I have tried a variety-a large variety of other medications but unfortunately none of them had worked.

June 8, 2012 9:44 AM
Review by jason84 (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: For me Klonopin 1mg 4x daily, has helped me from my social and overall anxiety with that being said for my nerves its a great medicine. In combination with my Lamictal 200mg it also helps keep my moods at a more even level especially my mania which I seem to have much more than depression.

May 28, 2012 8:01 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: For the past 5 years I have witnessed my brother abuse heroin. Every day there was another lie! I love my brother and grew up admiring him. As a result, I fell into a deep depression. No antidepressant worked. When the panic attacks began while witnessing my brother, my doctor prescribed Xanax. It helped tremendously, but it wore off too fast. I was switched to Klonopin, and it has been a God send! It's a long lasting medicine that allows my mind to slow down, relax, and focus on my blessings in life.

May 14, 2012 11:01 PM
Review by riceke (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

clonazepam for Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: It helped greatly in reducing my nerves after weaning off of Soma.

May 8, 2012 2:28 PM