User Reviews for Clonazepam

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 1 reviews 43 medications

Cluster-Tic Syndrome 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 589 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Clonazepam

Review by Guinea Pig lol (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Seizure Prevention: I am on 4 different seizure medications (now 5 with this) and suffer from Startle Seizures which come on from any frights (horns, bangs, example. music) and anxiety is a big trigger of this as to be as calm as possible really helps. Since being put on Clonazepam my anxiety is so much better therefore so are my seizures. I can also vary small amounts when needed for example if travelling. Now aiming to drop slowly some of the other.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 3, 2013 9:29 PM

Review by SunshineEmmy:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: Started taking this med for bipolar disorder and it's been working for 6 months it helps me rest at night. I have tried many other medicines but inconjunction with Wellbutrin antidepressant it seems to be great. I hope I never have another episode again and this will continue to work for me.

March 3, 2013 12:30 AM

Review by messy jessy:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: It helped with my anxiety more then any other medicine.

March 1, 2013 9:01 AM

Review by Paullan:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: Initially found I would wake up groggy but after a few days this really helped calm me. I take it in combination with Seroquel, Buspar and Wellbutrin. Coming off Effexor due to the sexual side effects and up to 75gm/day. Also on Adderall twice a day and find the combination helps me concentrate and feel much better about myself. Before this combination I was suicidal. Now, I even look forward to the next day. I can't guarantee this combination works for everyone but I've tried MANY with limited success so it's refreshing to know something is working and if I could help another person feel the way I feel.

February 15, 2013 9:37 PM

Review by Lstacy:

For Migraine Prevention: I was having severe right sided headaches for the past couple of years that started in the evening and wouldn't let me go to sleep. I would push on my eye with my hand until it would weep because the pain was so bad. My neurologist gave me a vessel medication which didn't change anything. He gave me Klonopin and they were gone by the next day. I just have to make sure I take the medicine before I get the headache. (On a side note I have partial seizures from meningitis damage in my brain when I was two and take Lamictal and Keppra for that).

February 5, 2013 1:14 PM

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: I take this for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder. It works but I have a hard time waking up in the morning. I tried to take it earlier in the evening and it still was hard to wake up. I don't feel like I got a good night sleep because I am groggy most of the day. I will talk to my doctor about different options. If it wasn't for this side effect, it works great for PLMD.

January 28, 2013 12:29 AM

Review by JAMIE J:

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: This is the only medicine that has really taken my generalized anxiety disorder away with so many less side effects. I've had GAD just about all my life and am now 36. I have tried Celexa, Lexepro, Zoloft, Cymblata, Effexor, Wellbutrin, Buspar and find most of them are too stimulating or make me so tired with no ambition, or feel like I'm going crazy. I would self medicate and made my life even worse. I have been on Paxil on and off trying to get something that would work but the Paxil is the best for me for anxiety but I lost all my ambition, creativity, interest in just about everything. I would get so tired it's crazy. I would lose my sex drive.

January 25, 2013 10:44 AM

Review by Ori (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: Stops panic attacks dead in their tracks at a high enough dose, but even my prescribed dose is enough to calm things down after about 40 minutes so I can think. Doesn't help when I'm manic/hypomanic, but has stopped me from doing more than a couple of silly things while depressed.

January 19, 2013 7:45 PM

Review by anakinskyy (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: Helps balance anti-depressants with sleeplessness and twitching and stuff. Helps me calm down, take the edge off the other medicines. This is not to be used by itself for bipolar disorder. It's used in combination so don't take Klonopin and think it's going to help you that much. It works best with other medications.

January 19, 2013 6:06 PM

Review by kristten (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: Love them they take anxiety and the bipolar away and I can finally sleep.

January 19, 2013 11:57 AM

Review by sly12b:

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: I have had burning mouth syndrome for almost a year. I have tried everything- thrush medicine, Neurontin, mouth wash and clonazepam. I'm afraid I have had no relief, even with the clonazepam.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 15, 2013 7:19 PM

Review by KapilaPatient:

For Anxiety: I've taken a variety of benzo's in the past - Valium, Librium, Ativan, Xanax, Tranxene - all of these medicines produced pretty strong sedation side effects. Have been on Klonopin (clonazepam) for about 3 years now for severe anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder. I am prescribed 1mg three times a day. Unlike other benzo's I've taken in the past, I feel no urge to increase the dose at all. The Klonopin "covers" me all day long without feeling high or disoriented or mentally clouded. I believe Klonopin is unique among benzodiazepines - because it takes a while to "kick in" there is no calming rush after taking it. The effects come on gradually, which in my opinion lessens the potential for abuse. I have little to no sedation from taking Klonopin.

January 14, 2013 8:55 AM

Review by Maelia:

For Panic Disorder: Clonazepam 0.5 mg. worked for me better than diazepam or Librium in relieving panic/anxiety and helping me to dose into a mild sleep. I am satisfied with this treatment, works well along with Effexer XR for me.

January 13, 2013 9:55 PM

Review by Christine C. (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: This has been a lifesaver for me. Due to a genetic problem that doesn't allow me to metabolize almost all SSRIs, I'm really limited in terms of what I can take to help with my panic disorder. I was on clonazepam about 13 years ago for 6 months. I went to therapy, got better, and weaned off without issue. I just started back on this medicine because of health issues, I've had a relapse of panic disorder. I take 0.25mg once per day, and I am no longer panicking and agitated all day long.

January 10, 2013 9:17 PM

Review by Quaalude (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: After trying gobs of anti-depressants, Xanax and the like, Klonopin along with both Effexor and Inderal has obliterated ANY and ALL anxiety and disabling symptoms plaguing my life for YEARS. I am so happy to have found a sympathetic physician who listens to my strife and actually cares about my welfare as a patient. This combination has made me a NEW person with SO MANY opportunities in life. This medicine has been a lifesaver and so very happy I'm finally squared with my emotional and anxiety-ridden baggage. Not a SINGLE panic attack or anxiety attack since starting Klonopin. It's really a God send after so many years of struggling and would recommend to anyone a frank discussion with his/her physician for at least a trial.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2013 4:54 PM

Review by slightlynervy (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I am so grateful to find other's who actually are thankful to this medicine. I have been beating myself up over taking it for the past two years, due to this new medication free obsession (which is good advice for some), but this is the ONLY medication that has made me feel better. Instead of going up in dosage, after being diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder two years ago, I have gone down (without even trying). This is an amazing and life saving medication to those who actually need it. I have suffered all my life and nothing else ever worked. Just a tip: if people tell you that you don't need this medication, think back to before you ever took it. 100 % satisfaction with this medicine!

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 25, 2012 10:17 AM

Review by charschu (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: Klonopin was great for helping me manage anxiety and panic attacks. Almost all medicines carry warnings about alcohol consumption, so many people like me and assume that moderate alcohol consumption is okay, and that warnings are just to limit liabilities of the manufacturers if someone drinks and has an incident. WARNING: DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE TAKING THIS MEDICATION. I did, and had what I now consider to be a near-death experience!" I found myself in a public restroom stall, and literally UNABLE TO MOVE for what seemed like hours. I remember feeling my heart beating what seemed like once every 4-5 seconds, and I couldn't even call out for help because I literally could not speak. I now feel very lucky to have survived.

December 18, 2012 10:58 AM

Review by M4gill (taken for less than 1 month):

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I have had restless legs syndrome for 10 years now and it has got to the stage I feel as if I am going insane. It has just been diagnosed as RLS after all these years. I am against taking medication unless absolutely necessary, but have got to the stage I would try anything. I have been prescribed many different medications to no avail and have only been prescribed clonazepam this week. I have for the last 3 nights had the best sleep I've had in years and I hope it continues to work so that I can get back to some semblemce of a life. I'll keep you informed. Fingers crossed.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 16, 2012 10:57 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Periodic Limb Movement Disorder: Excellent finally some relief!

December 13, 2012 12:14 AM

Review by sergeantmama (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: It did stop the uncontrollable panic from post traumatic stress disorder, but the side effects were unbearable for me. I had loss of appetite, uncontrollable weight loss, stomach pain, memory loss, headaches, dizziness, urinary pain, thinning hair, bad acne, depression, and constipation. It was so difficult to taper without severe withdrawals that I needed a 6 month tapering schedule. My dose was 1mg twice daily. I find that Valium or Xanax have less side effects.

December 11, 2012 5:19 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I have had a great experience with Klonopin. It has really saved my life. I tried Buspar and other SSRIs to help with my Anxiety but they never really took care of it. I was in a really bad funk about 6 months ago and the anxiety just kept building up. I went to my psych doc and she prescribed me Klonopin as needed at about 0.5mg a day. It makes me feel good through most days but with increased stress at work I feel I have to take a little more. I say, if it works take it. 10 out of 10 for me. It has given me back my life.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 7, 2012 5:10 PM

Review by 2shyshy (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety: Very effective at treating social anxiety (while also receiving therapy), keeps you in a more balanced state than with other benzo's, minimal side effects. I was started on 0.5mg 3 times a day but after 3 years I'm down to 0.25mg once a day. I have seen many patients started on too high a dose, I think 0.25mg twice a day is sufficient for most cases and be aware that once you start taking them you will find it hard to stop and will have to wean yourself off them gradually as is the case with most medicines.

December 3, 2012 4:23 AM

Review by Rushchick1113 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Panic Disorder: Wouldn't be able to function without it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 25, 2012 10:18 PM

Review by Paul H. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: After suffering from anxiety and depression for over 30 years, I finally found a medication that helps me feel better. No side effects or weight gain.

November 23, 2012 11:52 PM

Review by Seattlemama (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: I was prescribed 2mg of Klonopin following my sons traumatic birth and the PTSD that followed. It was a lifesaver. I continue to take it as-needed and find it hugely beneficial. I have been on many other meds in the past for depression and anxiety and Klonopin is the only thing that works perfectly for me. Seems a small miracle to be able to treat my anxiety and maintain my weight and sex drive at the same time.

November 20, 2012 3:07 AM