User Reviews for Anafranil

Learn more about Anafranil.

Anafranil review summary

8.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Anafranil to treat Panic Disorder

Review by dandalion: User Rating:

Have been on Anafranil for 5 weeks now. Prior to starting this medication I tried Lexapro (horrible panic attacks no sleep), Zoloft (made me depressed, worsened anxiety), Cymbalta (dreamlike state, made me totally dysfunctional), dothiepin (slightly alleviated anxiety but not much). I have only taken Anafranil for 5 weeks and it has already cured me of chronic anxiety, panic attacks. Took 4 weeks to really start working but turned out to be a surprisingly effective medicine. I feel great for the first time in years and am starting to get my life back. It has also helped my agoraphobia a great deal, magical stuff.

January 19, 2013 5:24 PM
Review by kmaverikaz: User Rating:

Outstanding medication for obsessive compulsive stress disorder, Panic, Agoraphobia. I have been on this medicine for 15 years and it has eliminated my panic attacks, anxiety and am able to leave the house without fear. Side effects include rapid heart rate, dry mouth and sexual dysfunction and hypotension. I take Anafranil at night. There is absolutely no weight gain, in fact I lost 50lbs. I did switch to Zoloft with no success and am back on Anafranil. There were no withdrawal symptoms when tapered off. This is one of the best meds in the TCA class and works better than the new SSRIs for me.

February 24, 2012 10:06 AM
Review by EliteGirl: User Rating:

I had a bad weekend and couldn't control my emotions when on Librium alone. But with Geodon, a medication I've been experiencing serious side effects with, I am a lot calmer. So basically, it works but with something extra.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate