User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Clindamycin review summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 367 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Clindamycin to treat Sinusitis

Review by zohair (taken for less than 1 month):

For my sinus infection they originally gave me penicillin which landed me in the ER. Apparently the ER doctor said penicillin wasn't strong enough to combat it. So she prescribed me this clindamycin but told me that I will feel relief in 48 hours. Now being bedridden for 5 days on penicillin I was excited and 2 days later I can finally breath through my nose. Didn't have to worry about dry mouths since I had to breath through my mouth even when I TRIED sleeping.

July 15, 2014 1:31 PM

Review by raiders25:

I get terrible sinus infections at least once a year. The doctor use to give me amoxicillin and it got to a point were it did no good at all, I went to another doctor and she gave clindamycin and it worked like magic in 2 days I felt so much better.

January 23, 2014 10:25 PM

Review by Took for chronic sinus infection (taken for less than 1 month):

I've had this ongoing sinus infection for 2 months (or more) and been given 2 different prescriptions that didn't work. It felt like my head would explode. I took this and my pain started to subside after 24 hours and after 48 hours I felt like a normal human being again for the first time in a long time. I can't believe how great this worked. Took the entire dose, 4 times a day for 9 days. No side effects either. I guess some people get heartburn, but I didn't.

April 28, 2013 4:29 AM

I have had trouble with a sinus infection, literally, for years. Repeated use of Augmentin did nothing to help. Finally, my doc sent me to an ENT. He said the infection was "stuck" behind/in scar tissue that I have from sinus surgery 20 years ago. So, he prescribed Clindamycin. I have been taking it for 9 days now. I finish it tomorrow. For the first time in years, I can breathe through my nose, I can smell, I can taste. The body aches that I have had for too long to remember when they started, are gone. It took several days, but I feel so much better. And, I didn't have a single side effect. This medicine has been GREAT for me. If I ever need an antibiotic again, I will definitely ask for this one.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2012 2:09 AM

I have been taking this for a little over a week and I got results in about 48 hours. My only concern was the horrific heartburn its giving me. I was originally told that I could not take with milk, but have since got other medical opinions to the contrarey. Every pharmacist told me that this drug is VERY potent so it was just a side effect, and nothing more serious. I too like many others found out the hard way that laying down after taking this is a big no-no. Take with food, have plenty to drink and it gets better. Also it's a good idea to have a source of probiotic (yogurt, or pill form) as this medicine destroys some of the good bacteria in your stomach which causes the pooping problems! Lots of instructions, but it works.

March 14, 2012 2:03 PM

Review by jobock:

Cleocin (clindamycin): It is the only drug that works for me. I am allergic to many antibiotics but have had no problem with this one.

February 22, 2010 11:36 PM

Review by works....:

I had a infection from my tooth and it made two big knots in my face and it was leading to my sinusitis I had all kinds of medicines prescribed and nothing worked until I got the clindamycin.

February 10, 2010 3:36 PM

I was given this medication for a sinus infection and was on it for 10 days at which time I was admitted to the hospital for a severe reaction. Hospital staff, ENT doctor, and nurses had never seen anything like it. I have a major burn rash ALL over my body that included very large "clear liquid" pockets. It has been two weeks and I still have the rash, but it has started fading.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 6, 2009 11:23 PM

Review by misslegg:

Cleocin (clindamycin): Was perscribed this to cure my sinus infection. Took one pill and about an hour or so later broke out in hives ended up back in the ER.

June 11, 2009 8:13 PM

Review by small one:

On this medicine my infection (sinus) got worse before it got better, but it did do the job.

March 9, 2009 12:47 PM

Review by jrichards06:

Cleocin (clindamycin): When I get a sinus infection my Dr. prescribes this. IT works awesome. No nausea, No diarrhea, no yucky taste in my mouth. It is the only anti-biotic that I don't mind taking at all.

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 16, 2008 10:02 PM

Review by rashaaaaaaaaaa:

Cleocin (clindamycin): the only drug that works with me in my chronic sinusitis

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 29, 2008 8:38 AM