User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Clindamycin Review Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 336 medications used in the treatment of Sinusitis.

Reviews for Clindamycin to treat Sinusitis

"Had sinus surgery last tuesday and was prescribed Amox. My surgeons office called me at home that night , I believe to change my medication to Clindamycin because some matter that was removed from sinus tested positive for MRSA Wonderful!!! Anyhow, my medical team gave me a prescription for Clindamycin taken 3x daily 300mg On the recommendation of a Scientist friend of mine and the medical staff, I bought softgel Probiotic which I take a half hour before my first Clindamycin in the morning. Only one Probiotic is needed per day. I have had no side effects of the Clindamycin at all so far on my fifth day of use!!!! Taking the Softgel Probiotic is highly recommended. Hopefully the Clindamycin works as well as the Probiotic"

Joey57 April 11, 2015

"For my sinus infection they originally gave me penicillin which landed me in the ER. Apparently the ER doctor said penicillin wasn't strong enough to combat it. So she prescribed me this clindamycin but told me that I will feel relief in 48 hours. Now being bedridden for 5 days on penicillin I was excited and 2 days later I can finally breath through my nose. Didn't have to worry about dry mouths since I had to breath through my mouth even when I TRIED sleeping."

zohair (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2014

"I get terrible sinus infections at least once a year. The doctor use to give me amoxicillin and it got to a point were it did no good at all, I went to another doctor and she gave clindamycin and it worked like magic in 2 days I felt so much better."

raiders25 January 23, 2014

"I've had this ongoing sinus infection for 2 months (or more) and been given 2 different prescriptions that didn't work. It felt like my head would explode. I took this and my pain started to subside after 24 hours and after 48 hours I felt like a normal human being again for the first time in a long time. I can't believe how great this worked. Took the entire dose, 4 times a day for 9 days. No side effects either. I guess some people get heartburn, but I didn't. "

Took for chronic sinus infection (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2013

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have had trouble with a sinus infection, literally, for years. Repeated use of Augmentin did nothing to help. Finally, my doc sent me to an ENT. He said the infection was "stuck" behind/in scar tissue that I have from sinus surgery 20 years ago. So, he prescribed Clindamycin. I have been taking it for 9 days now. I finish it tomorrow. For the first time in years, I can breathe through my nose, I can smell, I can taste. The body aches that I have had for too long to remember when they started, are gone. It took several days, but I feel so much better. And, I didn't have a single side effect. This medicine has been GREAT for me. If I ever need an antibiotic again, I will definitely ask for this one."

Anonymous April 8, 2012

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have been taking this for a little over a week and I got results in about 48 hours. My only concern was the horrific heartburn its giving me. I was originally told that I could not take with milk, but have since got other medical opinions to the contrarey. Every pharmacist told me that this drug is VERY potent so it was just a side effect, and nothing more serious. I too like many others found out the hard way that laying down after taking this is a big no-no. Take with food, have plenty to drink and it gets better. Also it's a good idea to have a source of probiotic (yogurt, or pill form) as this medicine destroys some of the good bacteria in your stomach which causes the pooping problems! Lots of instructions, but it works."

Anonymous March 14, 2012

Cleocin (clindamycin): "It is the only drug that works for me. I am allergic to many antibiotics but have had no problem with this one."

jobock February 22, 2010

"I had a infection from my tooth and it made two big knots in my face and it was leading to my sinusitis I had all kinds of medicines prescribed and nothing worked until I got the clindamycin."

works.... February 10, 2010

"I was given this medication for a sinus infection and was on it for 10 days at which time I was admitted to the hospital for a severe reaction. Hospital staff, ENT doctor, and nurses had never seen anything like it. I have a major burn rash ALL over my body that included very large "clear liquid" pockets. It has been two weeks and I still have the rash, but it has started fading."

Anonymous October 6, 2009

Cleocin (clindamycin): "Was perscribed this to cure my sinus infection. Took one pill and about an hour or so later broke out in hives ended up back in the ER."

misslegg June 11, 2009

"On this medicine my infection (sinus) got worse before it got better, but it did do the job."

small one March 9, 2009

Cleocin (clindamycin): "When I get a sinus infection my Dr. prescribes this. IT works awesome. No nausea, No diarrhea, no yucky taste in my mouth. It is the only anti-biotic that I don't mind taking at all."

jrichards06 March 16, 2008

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Cleocin (clindamycin): "the only drug that works with me in my chronic sinusitis"

rashaaaaaaaaaa February 29, 2008