User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Clindamycin Review Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 23 medications used in the treatment of Bacterial Vaginitis.

Reviews for Clindamycin to treat Bacterial Vaginitis

"On Day 2 of the Clindamycin Inserts and I have no side effects and my BV has already improved but will continue to take the remaining 5 inserts. The directions say each night do one insert for 7 nights."

TreatBV (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2015

"I was given clindamycin for bacterial vaginosis while pregnant. I had been on it once years before for something else and it made me vomit once and mildly uncomfortable the rest of the time. This time it has caused throat and chest pain and tightening, rash, horrible heartburn, and more. Doctor won't give me anything else, but I am beginning to think the BV is of less risk to baby than this is. Never again"

SofiM May 2, 2015

"Went through Flagyl first. Didn't clear it. This worked. I don't believe I had too many side effects. Some diarrhea. Be careful though, this is powerful. I ended up with C-Diff. TAKE PROBIOTIC with this!! Florastor - I highly recommend it."

TimeWasNeverReal (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2015

"I have seen results within the first day of using it. Flagyl causes allergic reactions to me. I would take this before Flagyl. A lot of doctors prescribe Flagyl before this for some reason."

Ann G January 22, 2015

"I have done Flagyl 4 times in the past year. Clearly, it hasn't been able to clear up my bacterial vaginitis. Trying this as an alternative. Haven't finished, but my initial impression is that it is much gentler on my stomach. I DREAD taking Flagyl, this is not bad. Slight nausea. Much better if taken with a meal."

BV… again (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2014

"I just started and noticed that it works faster than most other bacterial vaginitis meds but the side effects are nausea, red spots on my arm, and a little joint pain and some dizziness. I am a runner as well, I got very dizzy while running and on this pill."

DennyP March 9, 2013

"I read so many scary reviews that I was quite hesitant to take clindamycin. But, it really seemed to work with no strange side effects other than more bowel motions (but that may have also been from increasing my probiotics). Main point is: It worked for me, minimal side effects. I wish you the best of luck."

caloha February 12, 2013

"Clindamycin works for bacterial vaginitis, but the side effects definitely didn't work for me. I was prescribed Clindamycin 2 per day for 7 days and on the 2nd day I developed an itch. Two days later I learned the antibiotics had given me an yeast infection, on top of the severe heartburn I was suffering from another side effect of clindamycin. It will kill the infection its prescribed for."

Too Through October 18, 2011

"I agree this is better then Flagyl. I started taking this today and noticed the biggest symptom improvement within a couple hours so far I am more impressed with this then the other option that never worked for me."

Anonymous June 8, 2010

"I am using this medication as an alternative to Flagyl. I found out about this medication on the internet to treat trichomoniasis and it definitely beats Flagyl's metallic taste. Started working within minutes of first dose. Wish the doctor would have told me sooner. I am experiencing some mild itching and more frequency in bowel movements."

Anonymous May 4, 2010

"Anything beats the taste of the Flagyl pills and it really works."

Anonymous December 14, 2009