User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: Cleocin, Cleocin HCl, Cleocin Pediatric, Cleocin Phosphate, Cleocin Phosphate ADD-Vantage

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Clindamycin review summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Bacterial Vaginitis.

Reviews for Clindamycin to treat Bacterial Vaginitis

Review by BV… again (taken for less than 1 month):

I have done Flagyl 4 times in the past year. Clearly, it hasn't been able to clear up my bacterial vaginitis. Trying this as an alternative. Haven't finished, but my initial impression is that it is much gentler on my stomach. I DREAD taking Flagyl, this is not bad. Slight nausea. Much better if taken with a meal.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 27, 2014 12:29 PM

Review by DennyP:

I just started and noticed that it works faster than most other bacterial vaginitis meds but the side effects are nausea, red spots on my arm, and a little joint pain and some dizziness. I am a runner as well, I got very dizzy while running and on this pill.

March 9, 2013 2:27 PM

Review by caloha:

I read so many scary reviews that I was quite hesitant to take clindamycin. But, it really seemed to work with no strange side effects other than more bowel motions (but that may have also been from increasing my probiotics). Main point is: It worked for me, minimal side effects. I wish you the best of luck.

February 12, 2013 12:09 AM

Review by Too Through:

Clindamycin works for bacterial vaginitis, but the side effects definitely didn't work for me. I was prescribed Clindamycin 2 per day for 7 days and on the 2nd day I developed an itch. Two days later I learned the antibiotics had given me an yeast infection, on top of the severe heartburn I was suffering from another side effect of clindamycin. It will kill the infection its prescribed for.

October 18, 2011 6:58 PM

I agree this is better then Flagyl. I started taking this today and noticed the biggest symptom improvement within a couple hours so far I am more impressed with this then the other option that never worked for me.

June 8, 2010 5:44 PM

I am using this medication as an alternative to Flagyl. I found out about this medication on the internet to treat trichomoniasis and it definitely beats Flagyl's metallic taste. Started working within minutes of first dose. Wish the doctor would have told me sooner. I am experiencing some mild itching and more frequency in bowel movements.

May 4, 2010 9:52 PM

Anything beats the taste of the Flagyl pills and it really works.

December 14, 2009 4:51 PM