Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Clarithromycin

Also known as: Biaxin, Biaxin XL

Learn more about Clarithromycin.

Reviews for Clarithromycin to treat Helicobacter Pylori Infection

Review by happyredhead (taken for less than 1 month):

I have taken clarithromycin on two separate occasions for treatment of Helicobacter Pylori both times. One time was approximately 7 years ago and then again about 3 years ago. I am about to start another round along with amoxicillin and bismuth, which is Pepto Bismol. Clarithromycin leaves a horrible metallic taste in my mouth. I am not looking forward to taking it again. The only thing that seemed to relieve this momentarily was chocolate. I kept Hershey's kisses with me all the time. I would even have to get up in the middle of the night and eat one. The taste was so bad that I couldn't even go back to sleep. A nurse told me that she had heard this worked. After eradication, try Oregano oil, grapefruit seed extract, and tumeric daily.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 9, 2014 6:00 PM

Review by helpp mee:

My first day and I got nausea and runs and I got a little pain in my neck and shoulder.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2014 8:07 PM

Review by Tisha79:

Taking the PrevPak which is a mixture of clarithromycin, amoxicillin and Prevacid. When take the night time dose of the medications I experience metallic taste which lasts for awhile. In the morning I do not notice the metallic taste. I will start to try full meal and chocolate to see if the taste is not so obvious. Also going to get the big red gum cinnamon flavor and keep gum at my bedside when wake up to chew the gum. Grapefruit should not mixed with the antibiotic as it interacts with lots of antibiotics and medications.

January 2, 2012 7:05 AM

Review by doctorismail:

Excellent medicine for H-pylori eradication and lower respiratory tract related diseases.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 5, 2009 12:20 PM

Review by cmp:

10 day run to get rid of H-pylori. In that 10 days I seem to be one that experienced negative side effects but continued on for the eventual benefit "for me". I experienced extreme fatigue, ringing in ears, forgetfulness, migraine headaches, nasty taste/smell. Had thrush at day 7 and day 10 is here. Feel like I was hit by a truck. Have follow-up to see if H-pylori is gone, will come back to update.

August 6, 2009 3:21 PM