User Reviews for Celexa

7.5
Summary of Celexa reviews 384 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Celexa

Review by Burnsler:

For Depression: I had been on Zoloft for years and finally admitted to my doctor, it wasn't really helping. I'm half way switched over to Celexa and I just can't believe the difference. I sure hope this renewed optimism for life continues!

January 4, 2012 4:03 AM

For Anxiety and Stress: I began using Celexa for social anxiety and mild depression. I have been using it for three years, and while it helped my symptoms, it lowered my libido drastically.

December 28, 2011 5:00 PM

Review by kathybobathy:

For Anxiety and Stress: I liked this medication at first, lost about ten pounds, no appetite, very calm, anxiety and snappiness gone! But the bad side effects which ultimately made me get off this medicine were tranced feelings, like in a coma, felt beige, people asked why I was so melancholy, no sex drive and sleepiness.

December 27, 2011 8:47 PM

For Anxiety and Stress: Really helps with my anxiety, which is the main reason for going on it. However the underlying depression that was masked by anxiety is not being helped by Citalopram. So rate it for anxiety but find it makes me emotionless, totally apathetic and tired all time. So solves one problem but makes me feel even more depressed.

December 21, 2011 6:09 PM

For Anxiety and Stress: I started taking Celexa 3 months ago for social anxiety and depression. I've had depression since I was 7 and my parents were against me taking medication. My sophmore year of college my anxiety started controlling my life to the point that I never left my home to be with people and I wouldn't participate in anything where anyone would watch me or evaluate me. I finally got my mom to agree to take me to the Doctor and get some medicine. It's been 3 months and my life has completely changed. I go out to social events, I've learned how to make friends and I'm doing great in school. This medication has changed my life significantly. The only problem I've experienced is that it makes me tired, but it's worth it.

December 20, 2011 8:45 PM

For Anxiety and Stress: I am a newbie on this medicine. I went to the doctor because had been for months, in a state of constant terror, like the feeling you would get if you were driving down the road and a kid ran out in front of the car. That feeling was with me 24/7. I had terrible nightmares. Since the first day I took Celexa, my terror subsided by about 80%. Day 4, I am a bit edgy, but I took a half Xanax and am okay now. Before I was taking four Xanax a day and I was still not coping. My side effects have been being more tired than usual, although today I am just fine. I am constipated, but a stool softener worked that out. I just pray the bad feelings stay away and I don't become non-compliant, which is typical for me. I always find a reason to stop medicines.

December 19, 2011 4:05 PM

Review by Love it!!:

For Depression: I finally made the decision to seek professional help for my depression/major anxiety. After trying to self heal for 2 years, I realized that I couldn't beat the anxiety on my own. I cried the night before my Dr. appointment, due to feelings of failure because I couldn't cure it myself, and I also cried through my entire appointment. I was severely depressed from having to live with anxiety and fear. A horrible and embarrassing thing to live with. My Dr. perscribed me Celexa and I honestly didn't think it would work. I almost gave up taking Celexa because it took 3 weeks to kick in and I am impatient. After taking Celexa, I find that I am much calmer. I don't worry about things and I am happier and less fearful. Only side effect is grinding of teeth.

December 19, 2011 3:25 PM

For Depression: This is my 2nd week on Celexa. Works great, but now my hands are itching like crazy.

December 17, 2011 9:42 PM

Review by lookatmeboy:

For Depression: Celexa helped pull me out of my alcohol addiction while going to AA. After I had been sober and taken Celexa for 6 months here is where I had ended up: I was completely addicted to working out (positive addiction thank God, I also have an addictive personality) slight erectile dysfunction, didn't really want to clean my apartment, and slept about 10-11 hours a day. Celexa gave me more energy than Zoloft. I still had a GREAT deal of anxiety though. Coming off any SSRI is going to be bad but Celexa pulled me out of the hole.

December 16, 2011 11:04 AM

For Depression: I have been dealing with anxiety and depression for a few years. Got prescribed Xanax and Celexa. I was doing really well taking the Xanax but as soon as I would take the Celexa I started getting really sick. Real bad migraines, dizziness, fever with sweating. I am now being switched to Paxil, hopefully it will work for me.

December 13, 2011 1:08 AM

For Anxiety and Stress: Couldn't ask for anything more. I wanted friends and a better relationship, and that's what I got, and so much more. I have my life, energy and happiness back. I've been taking Celexa for about a month now, and I feel so much better.

December 3, 2011 9:08 PM

For Depression: It's helping me a lot.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 29, 2011 1:06 PM

For Anxiety and Stress: I'm an undercover agent and was dealing with a lot of stress. The stress was causing trouble in my personal life. Celexa has been a great help. I am prescribed 20 mg a day. I take it before bed to avoid the sleepiness during the day. My family can't believe the difference in me. There were some side effects in the beginning, however they went away after 3 or 4 days. I highly recommended this medication.

November 29, 2011 10:49 AM

Review by Nikki P.:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have taken Celexa for 3 years and my anxiety attacks completely went away! It worked so well that I thought I had overcome this disorder and so I stopped taking it. Big mistake! After a few months of being off the medication and switching careers after 5 years my anxiety attacks came back with a vengeance! I resumed taking Celexa after 3 weeks of constant attacks. After being on the medication for about 3-4 weeks my attacks have completely went away and the tiny bit of anxiety that flares up quickly vanishes. I can honestly say Celexa has changed my life or the better!

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 28, 2011 9:48 PM

For Anxiety and Stress: I just finished my first week on Celexa. I have experienced mild headaches, strange dreams, yawning, loss of appetite, very sleepy all day. Nothing extreme and I expect as my body gets used to this medication I will not have so many side effects. I'm taking Celexa for anxiety and panic attacks.

November 28, 2011 5:55 PM

Review by Ribs13:

For Anxiety and Stress: I'm on week 2 of Celexa. Started at 2.5 mg for five days, then increased to 5 mg. So far, no terrible side effects. I do have dizziness/lightheadedness, but I had that before I started. Every now and then I get an intense feeling of anxiety pass through me, but it is short lived. Positives are that I feel like my head is clearer. Mostly more calm. I find myself laughing more. My motivation and tiredness are still a factor, but I am hopeful this medication will work.

November 22, 2011 2:09 AM

For Depression: My 4th week using Celexa. I feel GREAT! For the past 2 years I felt so unhappy for no reason, worried about everything, constant anxiety, grumpy and tired. Now I feel like a new person. I find myself smiling all the time, full of energy, positive attitude. I did feel very very tired the first two weeks on it, it made my stomach upset a little. That all stopped around the 3rd week, not a big deal. I am truly thankful for Celexa it has changed my life! I am sorry I waited so long to say something to my Doctor. If you think you need help call your Doctor now, don't wait.

November 17, 2011 3:01 PM

For Depression: I have suffered from severe depression and social anxiety for years. After 3 days on Celexa my world felt completely different. Everything feels right again and for the first time in ages I feel happy. The only side effect I have encountered is random bouts of fatigue but I have been told it will balance out after a few weeks. This medicine is incredible and I can't believe it took me so long to admit I needed it.

November 15, 2011 6:44 AM

Review by bonnie ann:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have taken several medicines for depression and anxiety in the past. None have worked and would cause me to have terrible insomnia at night. Celexa has been great. At first I experienced dizziness and was very sleepy. I also had nausea and GI upset. After a week, the side effects went away. I feel more relaxed and do not worry about things that used to stress me out. I sleep great at night. I take 10 mg at night. I am so glad I tried this medicine.

November 13, 2011 10:01 PM

For Depression: Be careful when taking this medicine. Very helpful to relieve depression, but will interfere with your sleep. After only taking it for 4 days, I was fired for falling asleep on the job because I did not hear the phone or the knock on the dept door. I do not remember going to sleep as I usually would and normally I'm a very light sleeper. It also made me sweat a lot and I lost the ability to cry. On the good side, it relieved my depression, I lost my appetite and my thoughts became much clearer.

November 12, 2011 11:37 PM

For Anxiety and Stress: Good

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2011 11:50 PM

Review by Saiphm42:

For Anxiety and Stress: I've had anxiety my entire life (as long as I can remember). I've had counseling over and over again with no results. I'm 31 now. I took Zoloft and Klonopin at about 19 years old with HORRIBLE side effects. I've been anti-medication since 19, but three days ago, I told my doctor I was FED UP with the lack of sleep, full-blown panic attacks, and feeling like I'm dying every hour to a point that my marriage is being adversely affected and my son is suffering from having less than the mom he deserves. He put me on 20 mg of Celexa. I don't know what to expect in a few weeks, but I already search for the anxious thoughts and can't find them. I'm SO hopeful that side effects will subside and that I'll still be me but better!

November 7, 2011 5:20 PM

For Depression: I was diagnosed with Bipolar I a couple of months ago, and have already tried quite a few medicines. They all made me feel HORRIBLE! I wanted to avoid taking lithium, so my doctor tried me on Celexa for my depression and Lamictal for my mania. I've only been taking it for a week and feel GREAT! I can't tell you how relieved I am to feel like a normal person, it's been a few years since I could actually say I feel normal. The only side effects of the Celexa I had were insomnia and the yawning, and they're both already starting to go away. I'm very pleased with this medication.

November 5, 2011 11:35 AM

Review by Elella:

For Anxiety and Stress: My doctor has tried me on other antidepressants and I felt no relief of my symptoms. I was given this medication almost a year ago and it's been the best year of my life. Obviously I'm not depressed but stressed with anxiety.

November 4, 2011 7:54 AM

Review by darthzilla:

For Depression: I guess perhaps a rating of 1 is unfair, but I've ramped up from 20 to 60MG daily, and I feel nothing. 6 months ago I was taking 40MG/Day and I felt amazing for about 3 or 4 weeks, then it just pooped out on me overnight. Suddenly it was all gone. Very frustrating but my original prescription was from a GP, now I'm seeing a psych. His theory was that I should try something that worked for me previously, but at a dosage level my GP wasn't comfortable with. Anyway, so far I don't feel a thing. Thanks in advance - the info on this forum has been fantastic.

November 2, 2011 9:10 PM