User Reviews for Celexa

Depression 241 reviews 76 medications

7.6
Summary of Celexa reviews 474 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Celexa

For Anxiety and Stress "First 2 days were euphoric and nothing could upset me. Then got more irritable and anxious. Stomach in knots. Then came depression & thoughts of suicide along with anxiety. Yawning all the time. This is day 7 and I left a message with my doctor this morning letting her know I couldn't feel like this for another week in hopes that it would possibly even out."

mondaynightrain (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2013

For Depression "Celexa really helped me get through my daughters death. I thought I could get through this on my own. I could not. My Dr. started me on 20mg. after 2 months I went to 40mg. and what a difference in my life. It will not take care of everything but it helps me with the depression. I feel so much better and can face the days ahead with a better outlook."

Griptilian June 13, 2013

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "It is awesome. I totally recommend Celexa. Do not be afraid of taking this: It really works: You will bathe in tranquility without feeling anything different: The best way to describe it is to be at a Spa relaxing yet fully awake and functioning normally. I am definitely converted and I am converting everyone I know. It works: I guarantee it."

Jean Luc Perrier (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 31, 2013

281 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I was on Celexa for approximately 3-6 months for depression. This was my first antidepressant ever, so I didn't know what to expect. The only side effect I remember experiencing was dry mouth which was annoying, but very tolerable and temporary. Celexa very effectively eliminated my short temper/ snappiness, crying fits and it greatly enhanced my mood and outlook on life. On one occasion, while reflecting on a depressing exchange, I realized that I might be suicidal. I advised my doctor but continued to take it with no more problems but ultimately stopped because I didn't want to be dependent on medicines. The depression is back and I was switched to Viibryd."

Crystal9189 May 31, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been taking Celexa for many years and somehow I stopped taking it not realizing that I had. I could not function at all without it. I'm back on it and I feel wonderful. It's not a medicine to stop suddenly."

russom18 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 18, 2013

149 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been taking Celexa for 13 years for anxiety/irritability which it works great for. Sexual side effects are terribly disappointing - lack desire and difficult to climax. Anytime I try to go off, the anxiety and irritability are present within the 2nd day. Really wish I could find something that worked as good without the side effects. No other medicine has even touched anxiety/irritability the way Celexa has."

Anon234 (taken for 10 years or more) May 15, 2013

132 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I started Celexa two weeks ago, it already seems to be helping. I used to worry non stop and I felt very down. It has helped for my anxiety."

Lisa m. May 11, 2013

139 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Postpartum Depression "I am not sure if I had post partum depression or not, my youngest child is 2 and it seems ever since having her I've been not the best mom out there, or wife. I was very moody all the time and just recently it has gotten worse. I felt like I was always on a rage at home, yelling at everyone, everything getting on my nerves, snapping at family members, it was terrible. Celexa saved my life! I felt improvement within days. I feel more calm and no longer have the urges to yell and get angry with anyone. Have experienced headaches and fatigue & yawning, but nothing compared to how I was feeling before so I can handle the side effects! I am on week 3 now, hoping they diminish with time."

Mommy3dd (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2013

For Depression "I have been taking Celexa for 4 years. All of a sudden, it stopped working and I spent 4 days feeling like I didn't want to live any more. I had no idea that my body could build up an immunity and it simply would stop working. "

John Pennsylvania (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "Celexa has given me my life back! I suffered from severe anxiety and depression to the point where I would just lay in bed for days. I didn't want to go anywhere, and cancelled plans with friends all the time just to stay home and sleep. It took about a month to work and now I feel great! I am back to my old self - I love going out, seeing friends, exercising, reading, everything I used to do and I'm happier than ever! My only side effects were the first 2 weeks - anxiety was worse, insomnia, no appetite. That's gone now and I have no complaints. If I take it in the morning, I sleep well. If I take it at night, I can't sleep. You just have to learn what's best for you!"

Kelly M. (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2013

219 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I was put on a combination of Celexa 20mg and Xanax. I have never reacted to any medication like I reacted to these. They definitely overpowered me. Within 3 weeks I started to have suicidal thoughts and feelings. I stopped the Celexa and continued the Xanax. I quickly saw improvement. I'm sad that this didn't work for me. I was hoping to finally find a regimen."

sfncs03 (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2013

For Depression "I have suffered with depression and anxiety for the past five years. Gained almost 100lbs due to emotional eating and no energy to work out. I have tried Zoloft and Paxil and I stopped because I felt numb. Not depressed anymore but not happy or even content.....just numb. Just a month ago I started taking 10mg of Celexa and I finally feel like my old self. Suddenly I'm interested in things again and I'm not suffering from negative thoughts racing in my brain. I am hopeful and I have confidence that I can handle situations like I used to. I hated leaving my house, almost as much as I hated being left alone with my children. Now all is calm."

beok (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2013

166 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I've been on this medication for several months. There has been a definite change in my depression and mood. I don't feel as sad and upset or anxious but I don't feel as good as before I was depressed. Still hoping for the old me! But I'm at least on my way, closer than ever before."

kt538 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 4, 2013

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have been on this medication for 3 days and what a difference it has made. I am on 10mg and I have tried 3 other antidepressants and they made me feel like a zombie and could not function. What a great antidepressant, I have more energy, everything seems normal. I feel like my old self- 15 years ago."

Gina456 March 24, 2013

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Celexa has been a life-saver for me. Ever since I was a child, I've had bad anxiety and depression, and I would have attacks where I would completely break down emotionally over something so silly, like a lost T.V remote. I would talk to my mother about my anxiety, and she said it was something I just needed to get over. Finally at age 23, I've confronted this problem medically, and Celexa has changed my life entirely. I don't experience the depression I used to, my anxiety has decreased incredibly, and my attacks have almost disappeared. I don't feel a hovering weight on my shoulders anymore like I'm constantly letting people down, I'm just living my life like I'm supposed to."

Icouldeatthemoon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 23, 2013

255 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I have had anxiety forever and fell into a dark depression. I almost lost my marriage due to my state of mind. My doctor prescribed Celexa and it saved my life. I also was sleeping two hours a night during this horrible time and Celexa helps me get a greats night sleep now. I have gained 10 pounds but its worth peace of mind."

Elvidge March 22, 2013

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I didn't realize how bad my anxiety was until I started taking citalopram (and found relief). I had never taken any antidepressant and I started off with a TINY amount..5 mg in the morning for the first three days. I got a bad headache, which went away after a couple of days. I then increased to 10mg... then 20. I ended up at 40mg daily and have been on that for a little over a year. I am currently in the process of decreasing my dose. I dropped down to 30 mg for two weeks and I am noticing my irritation and anxiety increasing. My goal had been to get to 20mg but I am not sure I'll be able to do that, due to the increased feelings of anxiety. All in all I have found this medicine to be a HUGE help with very few side effects."

KatieLea March 21, 2013

142 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Taking Celexa has helped me tremendously. Since being on it I no longer have constant thoughts of suicide. I've been on it for 4 months but started to feel relief in just 2 weeks. I had very mild side effects in the beginning like dry mouth but they only lasted for the 1st month."

Lisa2014 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "I can be in public places comfortably"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 13, 2013

135 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I've been on Celexa for about 1 1/2 years an I love it. I have a real big history of panic attacks the ones that make you feel like your dying well they have decreased alot I still have them once in a while but they have gotten way better. This medication has really made a difference for me I recommend it to everyone with panic an anxiety disorder it works."

branwine (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 7, 2013

140 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I'm 23, male. I take 20 mg Celexa. I really see improvement with my everyday life. I'm less likely to snap out. Keeps me on edge but was thinking of raising the dose. I'm also taking ibuprofen."

Nick bol March 4, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "It first gives me the giggles. It can put me in a good mood. It however does completely kill my sex drive. I have no interest whatsoever in my partner when on this medicine."

Clint12223 February 24, 2013

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I am just starting my 3rd week on Celexa. I was more upset when I found out this was for "depression and anxiety" as I am NOT depressed. I am a very outgoing person that loves to be around people but I do have anxiety, panic attacks and anger issues, so I thought it would be worth trying. I find myself more "Calm" in general since taking this. I am not obsessing about phobia's I have, and I am back to being 90% happy because I am dealing with stress better. I have been incredibly nauseous though this past week in the early morning to about lunch time. By mid afternoon to evening that goes away, but I do not like that feeling. No interruption in sleep. I do feel "forgetful" more than normal. Overall doing well."

Blondsungoddess February 15, 2013

152 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I started taking Celexa about a year ago. I had severe depression and anxiety due to multiple losses.. job, house, bankruptcy, the loss of my brother to cancer, divorce... you name it. The anxiety I was experiencing was affecting my family relationships, work relationships, and general well being. I had been on Wellbutrin which I am still on, but my doc prescribed Celexa. It has made a world of difference. I am happy, relaxed, able to concentrate, and feel a sense of hope for the future. Recently I ran out of the med, and within a day or two I was again feeling anxious, overly emotional and sad, and just not right. I got the medication again, and I am back to normal. It saved my life as well. Thank you Celexa."

Artscape (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 7, 2013

163 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety at a very young age, I believe I wasn't at the age of 10 yet. Anyways I started taking a medicine for about 6 years and it stopped working so we switched to Celexa. I now have night sweats, a dry mouth, bad drainage, and a swollen uvula. These symptoms haven't stopped and it's been several months, we think I have a virus but I believe it might be the Celexa. I'm 13 years old and I'm taking 20mg because they keep increasing my dose. But overall I haven't noticed any changes from any of the other medications I've taken. "

Haydiee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 4, 2013