User Reviews for Celexa (Page 8)

Learn more about Celexa.

Depression 269 reviews 79 medications

7.4
Summary of Celexa reviews 542 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Celexa

For Depression "I was diagnosed with major depression 6 years ago when I was 18 years old. I was started on 100mg of Zoloft. You hear the commercials about side effects of SSRIs about how they can "increase suicidal thoughts in children and young adults". Well Zoloft did that to me and made my depression even worse until I eventually was suicidal and was hospitalized. Then they switched me to 60mg Celexa and I have never had any problems with it! I've been on it for 5 1/2 years and the only side effect I have is low libido. The FDA lowered the max recommended dose to 40mg so my doctor lowered my dose too. I have been okay on 40mg but I wish I was still allowed to have the 60mg. I wonder why the max dose got lowered?"

ilovebrutus May 17, 2014

For Depression "Gave me horrible dreams - talking in my sleep."

Darktragedy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress "I started Celexa a little over a week ago for Generalized Anxiety, thought to be associated with my Irritable Bowel Syndrome-D. Doctors are still reluctant to associate moods/stress affecting your stomach and bowels, but I am a firm believer (after living my whole life with anxiety and IBS) that there IS a definite correlation. I am a 26 y/o female. I weigh 110 lbs. I was put on 10 mg and only took a half pill the first 6 days. Then I upped it to a whole pill. The initial 2 days, I had a migraine headache and insomnia at night and a restless/anxious feeling during the day. I would wake up in a panic with racing thoughts. Now it has gotten a bit better, but I don't think I've been on it long enough yet to experience definite anxiety help. Trying to stick with it!"

eileen4226 (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2014

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "The first month I was very nauseous and felt foggy after taking the medication. Soon after that nausea went away. I am taking 10mg, this medication is extremely helpful."

College student (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2014

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Works great. I feel like myself again- positive, energetic, interest in activities has returned."

CedarSage87401 April 18, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I'm a 16 year old female. I was diagnosed with depression, anxiety disorder, anorexia and bulimia about 2 years ago. I attempted suicide 3 times and I really thought there was no hope. Zoloft did nothing for me. It was awful. But then along came Celexa and its awesome. I no longer wake up and feel like I'm drowning and my lungs are going to explode. I can get up out of bed and not hate everything. I can go about my day without worrying about every little thing. I no longer get panic attacks. It's awesome. I have lost weight too. I totally recommend Celexa, best things I've ever tried. "

gourmetv0mit April 11, 2014

197 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "This is seriously a miracle medicine! Ever since I went on this, it kicked in within a couple of weeks and after 3 weeks or so, my anxiety has been completely GONE, no more problems at all! I was having problems swallowing food and just swallowing my own saliva in general because of generalized anxiety disorder, every single day, it was hell, but this medicine seriously pulled me out of a dark hole and I've been on it since. Thank you Celexa! I'm so much happier on it."

JennayJellybeans April 9, 2014

215 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Day 2 of Celexa for anxiety. Ended up with headache, panic, dizziness, racing heart and thoughts. My typical anxiety wasn't even as bad as that. Day 1 seemed okay, but after day 2 I'm not happy with it. No more for me thanks!"

Sleepymama April 3, 2014

For Depression "I think I waited to long to start taking this medication. I too along with many others was against "happy pills" as I used to call them, I started having anxiety attacks at work and my emotions were starting to bleed into every aspect of my life, I had to do something. Depression is sneaky... you don't realize what its doing to you until you can step out of it and take a breath a real clear minded breath. That what Celexa has been for me. It made me soo tired at the beginning and I didn't eat much, but after about a week I noticed I was not crying all day like before. I cant say I feel super happy all the time but I notice that I am not as sad and I have energy to do more than lay on the couch on the weekends!"

AliDianne (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2014

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Best anti-anxiety medication for me. At 20mg it perfectly takes the edge off & allows me to focus with clarity at work & at home. I have been on Celexa for 10 years, tried Wellbutrin once thinking it might help with weight loss but it made me feel crazy & irritable, I did not like it at all. My daughter has similar issues as I do & Celexa did not work for her, she's going to try Prozac now. I think it's important to realize that everybody is different as is their chemical make up & what might work great for one may not for another."

CKay1104 March 13, 2014

152 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I took 10 mg for a couple of months and started 20 mg two weeks ago"

M1tch February 10, 2014

For Depression "I have been dealing with severe anxiety and depression for 16 years and it keeps getting worse and worse. I have no drive or ambition, lost my girl friend and job came to an end. It finally made me realize that I have to do something about this problem. I have been totally against medicines and have always disregarded mental illness but I now think it is mental illness that has put me in this terrible place. I have started taking Celexa 10 (20mg) days ago and am so excited to see the results. I have not noticed much response yet but I am generally less negative and have more excitement for things that I once loved."

mpmpmp (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2014

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I've had stints of anxiety and depression throughout my life. It got much worse when I got to college. It took me two years until my family and friends wanted me to seek help. My doctor put me on 10mg of Celexa a day and I felt it the first day! Felt so much better and more productive. I'm back to my normal self and not scared/sad to experience the things I used to enjoy."

Verton February 10, 2014

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Im a 20 year old female, been on Celexa for about 4 days now. I was pretty skeptical reading all the reviews and some negative ones really scared me, but I decided to take it anyway. So far I am liking the medicine. Little side effects such as a mild headache that seems to come about 5 min. after I take the pill, drowsiness (which is why I take it at night) and a tiny but of nausea. Nothing to major like I thought. Oh! and also no panic attacks, which is one of the main reasons I started taking this. Celexa has given me a sort of "calm, relaxed" feel. But I also feel more uplifted. I'm not sure the right word. I'm not energetic but I feel energized, which is great. I would recommend trying this if you suffer from frequent panic and worry."

amdam22 (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2014

263 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Been on Celexa for three months. It took a couple weeks to adjust to mild side effects such as heartburn and a general feeling that I'm full or not hungry. However, I no longer have those side effects and I feel great now! I have social anxiety and for the first time in years I feel happy and more confident in social situations. I feel normal and have nearly no negative thoughts any longer."

Eleni217 February 5, 2014

184 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I've been diagnosed with moderate depression in December. I've been in therapy with a psychologist since October. I lost my job, didn't go to school, broke up with my boyfriend, I was pretty much a mess. I had no motivation whatsoever. I basically secluded myself. I started Celexa 3 weeks ago and WOW oh WOW. I feel so happy. People noticed that I've changed and seriously the first week on Celexa was hard but it's so worth it. Stick with it, give it a chance. The only problem I have with Celexa is that it takes me forever to achieve orgasm but whatever I still have a sex drive which is very good. I got my boyfriend back, yay. Now I'm back to school, found a new job. I mean I got my life back on track and I am so happy with the results."

imhavingagreatday (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2014

172 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Been on Celexa now for a month at 10mg daily. So far so good. I feel a lot better and a lot more relaxed and calm. No panic attacks or anything like that. It's been great. Going to doctor in a couple weeks for follow up appointment. Going to see if I can start on 20mg. I feel that will even work better."

Bill71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2014

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I was optimistic when starting this medication for uncontrollable anxiety. I have previously tried Lexapro and Zoloft with success and haven't needed any medication for several years. I had a horrible experience with Celexa even at only 10mg. After my first dose I immediately felt bad. I dreaded taking it every night due to the body twitching and anxiety producing effects I felt within 45 min of the dose. Eventually I was having anxiety attacks everyday as well as feeling generally anxious all day. I had to discontinue it after 1 week due to the worst panic attack I've ever had. The withdrawal effects were horrendous, too--flu like."

Mimi_h (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2014

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "First was put on Zoloft. Went off it due to the side effects. Then was put on Celexa. No side effects, and after only a week I feel great. The medicine works."

Bill71 (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2014

142 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on this medicine for only 3 weeks and my love addiction, my sex addiction have all but practically disappeared. I don't feel as depressed I feel even, grounded and no longer have the feeling that I am separated from myself. My obsessive thoughts have all but disappeared. I was constantly thinking about my ex who broke up with me 9 months ago. I feel finally that I got my life back. I prefer low libido than constantly thinking that every attractive girl I connect with might be my future girlfriend. Celexa works for me, I have been on and off them for years now but now I am sticking to the program. Be patient people and stick to the program."

liveloveetc (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2014

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "For the past few years I think I have suffered from anxiety. Couldn't really put my finger on it until thanksgiving day. Everything was fine until it hit me out of no where. I remember feeling like my future was doomed. I couldn't concentrate, I felt like I wasn't myself. I completely lost it. It was like I was losing grasp of every aspect of my life. I cried and thought I was losing my sanity. It was the scariest thing I had ever experienced. After seeing 2 doctors the medicines they prescribed either didn't help or maybe my anxiety got the best of me but finally my mom made me go to the ER and they gave me Celexa. The side effects where pretty bad but I stuck it out and I must say that almost 3 weeks in I'm feeling back to myself."

Mrz. Bo$$y (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2013

150 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on this medication for a week and have never felt better. I have noticed no anxiety and my mind does not race all the time. My spouse has even said that he has noticed a difference with my attitude. I feel like my old self. I have been smiling more and feel relaxed. I take 20 mg per day. The only downfall that I have found with this medication is that it upsets my stomach, so what I have been doing is taking it with my dinner meal and that has seemed to help."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2013

125 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Celexa has changed my life. I have severe panic attacks, obsessive compulsive disorder and worry about everything. I started the medication and within 24 hours saw results. I don't want to say I had a "I don't care attitude" but I did. Started with breaking the medication in half- 5 mg then after two days went on 10 mg. I am the happiest I have ever been. Smiling, not worried, singing, and back to the normal me. My job is the biggest issue and I can come to work, focus, perform my job and not worry about all the side conversations. This medication has saved me. I hope it lasts a long time. I was afraid of taking anything that would alter me, but this Celexa works. Happy Days are ahead!"

Unbelievable Results (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2013

280 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "It works great if it works for you but if you have the problem where medication suddenly stops for no apparent reason then you could be in for a nightmare, like I was in for a whole year still going through it but not as bad. It more so numbs you that you don't worry about your physical aspects of anxiety and works great for mood but if it "poops out" on you then be prepared to fight the withdrawals."

smitchler (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 12, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "I just started taking Celexa and the only thing I notice are the headaches, which are very unusual for me. Sometimes they are worse than others. Can be distracting at work, but not so bad that I'm willing to through in the towel just yet. Also my stomach as been a little upset too, but again not enough to give up on trying to feel better!"

Carolina1124 December 11, 2013