User Reviews for Celexa

7.6
Summary of Celexa reviews 422 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Celexa

Review by positive one (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: Celexa has turned my life completely around. I have always worried excessively about everything. I couldn't enjoy things because I worried about every little detail that could go wrong! I have been on Celexa for 4 years and I wish I had known about it long, long ago. I enjoy everything in my life and only worry if its a life or death matter. I take 20 mg a day.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2012 3:51 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: Helps my depression very well. Keeps me leveled out. Calms me down.

September 20, 2012 9:23 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I used to have mild panic attacks, was always depressed, and just felt like I had the world on my back all the time. My doctor prescribed me 20mg of citalopram and it works good. My side affects are I'm usually tired throughout the day, I get the shakes on and off, consistent yawning, skin itches a little and a bit of a bowel problem. Other than that, I have found my moods to be much better, my depression is not as bad and I'm more up beat. Definitely, would recommend.

September 12, 2012 11:49 PM

Review by Pilgrim 1 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Depression: I've been taking Celexa for years. It all began when I hit menopause and with a high stress job, I felt my feelings & life was spiraling out of control. Every action seemed so intense. This little pill took the edge off the pain and desperate feelings and brought me back to my old content happy self.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 6, 2012 2:15 PM

Review by Alyd77 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was a little nervous about being put on an antidepressant for my anxiety but it couldn't be better. I could feel the difference very quickly. I am very calm and relaxed now. It made such a big difference that I even quit smoking 3 months after starting to take it.

September 4, 2012 11:24 PM

Review by rsp612:

For Depression: Started taking Celexa on August 14th. Within 2 days I broke out in hives on my collar bone then within a week I had severe hives on my arms and spreading. Within a couple of days I had hives on my legs and back. Dr. didn't think it was the Celexa so continued it and ended up in the emergency room with worse side effects vomiting! Emergency room declared I had a severe allergic reaction to Celexa.

August 27, 2012 1:55 PM

Review by Tet530 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: Been using Celexa for six months. Doctor switched me from Lexapro to Celexa and glad he did. My anxiety and overall mood has changed dramatically. Only side effect I have is terrible insomnia, but very low anxiety. It is worth it.

August 19, 2012 12:42 AM

Review by Navehangel:

For Postpartum Depression: I was struggling depression for 19 years. I always held everything in and never told anyone, so I've tried to hurt myself a couple times. Finally 4 weeks ago I admitted myself to a hospital and they sent me to a mental health place where I stayed for 2 weeks and was put on Celexa. I was scared to get on but knew I had to do something and I am so glade I did. I feel like a whole new person without the stress and wondering where my life's going. Thank you Celexa. Now hopefully I can get insurance and stay on it.

August 14, 2012 3:57 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: I also suffer from mild post traumatic stress disorder due to multiple miscarriages. At work and in my personal life I was very irritable - 0-50 in 2 seconds. I thought it was just who I am, until a minor situation happened at work. It opened my eyes, but I was devastated to hear from my doctor that I had to take medication. I felt like a failure. I started out with 20 mg/day, and by the fourth week a miracle happened. I felt "normal" - I started to worry about the things I should worry about, and all the little things did not matter at all. After taking it for 3 months, at times I found my mood to be irritable, so I'm now taking 30 mg/day and have not felt better.

August 7, 2012 9:06 AM

Review by Cynthia(: (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: My panic attacks used to be so severe in the same year that I experienced them, that I was almost rushed to the hospital because my family was worried. My heart would pound so fast and hard. I literally thought it was going to explode. By my heart beating uncontrollably for panicking, my chest would hurt a lot and I would get so dizzy and lightheaded. After a year and a half of the horrible random attacks, I was prescribed Celexa and my life has been amazing. I no longer have worries and in the 2 months that I have been on it, I have not had 1 attack since. I highly recommend Celexa to those who experience panic / anxiety attacks.

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 28, 2012 5:42 PM

Review by BetterNFL (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: I've suffered from a level of anxiety for most of my life, but last year my husband lost his job. And, while that was a bad turn for us, my reaction to it was quite out of proportion. I was a crying, anxiety-ridden mess - just struggled to make it through my workday and felt completely unglued and out of control. It was the final straw and my doctor prepared Celexa. I was nauseated the first 2 weeks and then suddenly one day I wasn't and it's been smooth sailing from there on out. I do have less interest in sex - a down side and I am sleepy more than I'd like. But, it is overall worth it - plus. God bless whoever made this medicine. It has been a life-saver for me.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2012 3:41 PM

Review by cured88 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: Took this for social anxiety. After about a month on the pill my anxiety was gone. However, there were some side effects that I didn't like. My sexual functions (male) were completely gone which scared me. But after a couple months on the pill I could get by...but it's never as good on the pill as it is off the pill. Also I ground my teeth at night a LOT. I gained weight too...but that could be because I ate terribly, so we'll call that my fault. After a year on this pill, I stopped taking it. Having my social anxiety gone while on the pill built up my confidence a lot, and now I do fine in social situations with no pill needed. I recommend this pill for social anxiety.

July 22, 2012 4:41 PM

Review by JLV:

For Depression: Celexa was working for me the first month or 2. Now I am back crying and hating myself again everyday. I'm currently on 40 mg which is no longer working for me. I guess I need something better and stronger.

July 22, 2012 8:14 AM

Review by The Dragon (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was feeling very moody, having rapid Highs and Lows. My boyfriend called this "The Dragon" . I reviewed this website and read the reviews to which best medication would be right before I spoke with a doctor. I was prescribed Celexa by my doctor and have now been on the medication for about 4 weeks now. I have noticed that my exaggerated mood swings are not as extreme. I can let more things just roll off my back rather than dwelling on the negative perspective. This medicine has been very helpful to me. Not many side effects, just nausea and sex drive suppressed. All together losing a little weight is worth the steadiness of my moods.

July 19, 2012 11:49 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Depression: In 2003 I started on (brand name) Celexa 5 mg a day for anxiety and depression. Within a week I started to feel almost a magical feeling of well being and a nice calmness within myself. The world looking brighter and so much better. For once in my life I felt that the hole in my soul was healing. No more anxiousness and crying most of the time and no more waves of horrible emotional pain. I gradually worked up to 10 mgs a day and now I am on 20 mgs a day. I did have a headache, nausea and loss of appetite. They went away. I gained weight but was feeling so much better. I tried generic Celexa for almost 1 month and I felt irritable-like a dark cloud descended upon me. It is not the same as the Brand.

July 18, 2012 6:51 AM

Review by BunnyRun (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Depression: I suffered from post traumatic stress disorder since I was very young. When I first received therapy at 28 I tried several anti-depression medicines with little success. I also went on and off meds, which I learned much later wasn't the correct thing to do. At 46 I found a Psychiatrist who helped me understanding my condition and prescribed Celexa. I've been on Celexa 10mg since 2007 and know I must stay on depression medication for life. My moods are bright, I don't get "stuck" for long periods, no suicide thoughts, and haven't had any big panic attacks for years. I'm very sensitive to many medicines and Celexa has been very good in treating my depression with anxiety, with little to no side effects. A little dry mouth and tiredness on occasion is all.

July 15, 2012 9:36 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: Good stuff, the committee in my head has gone on vacation.

177 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 12, 2012 1:17 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I have tried Celexa for about 9 days now. As a medical professional, I was not sure about starting a new medicine that could potentially interfere with my memory or sleeping habits, however after realizing that was living everyday as if something bad would happen, worrying about the minimal thing and almost having a panic attack, I just sought medical help. The most annoying part was a nervous tic that now I realize I had for years but exacerbated significantly for the last month, specially when I was stressed out. The medicine is started to act now, I feel more relaxed and do not worry about everything. I do feel sleepy in the afternoon but can function normally. My doctor said he will adjust the dose. The best thing: the tic is going away!

July 9, 2012 9:54 PM

For Depression: I was on Celexa and Xanax for 8 months and thankfully didn’t experience any crazy side effects; was just a little more tired than usual but not to the extent that it was affecting my work or social life. I thought I was fine and no longer needed to take medication so I weaned myself off in early February however within 2 months I started feeling the way I had been feeling prior to starting treatment. For months I tried making myself believe that I was just feeling stress and anxiety because of work, but after battling mood swings, distancing myself from my friends and family, drinking and smoking excessively, and being in a seemingly perpetual funk I realized it really wasn’t fine and it was time to get my life back. Last week I started yoga, took a break from alcohol, and went to see a doctor. He put me back on Celexa and switched me from Xanax to Klonopin. Today is my first day back on the medication and although I am not thrilled to be back on this type of treatment, I am very much looking forward to feeling “normal” again.

July 8, 2012 8:55 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: Does not seem to help me and just makes me tired.

July 8, 2012 2:30 PM

For Depression: Works wonders. I have my life back. The first two weeks were rough because of nausea and increased anxiety. It kicked in after three weeks or so and now six months later I'm doing great.

July 5, 2012 10:39 PM

For Depression: It works well for me. I noticed a change very quickly.

June 15, 2012 9:58 PM

Review by alexahavok337 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I'm 19 years old and had been struggling with depression since I was a kid. I was against antidepressants all my life until I went off on my freshman year of college out of state and found it impossible to control my emotions. I became suicidal, and was thinking about trying illegal drugs. Finally I told the school counselor that I needed help. She diagnosed me with mild depression and prescribed 20mg every day. I've been on it for a bit over a month and my life has changed. My emotions are reasonable and under control, I'm much more agreeable, energetic and optimistic. Side effects from the first two weeks were: dry mouth, excessive yawning, insomnia, and a bit of anxiety/hyperactivity. Still have decreased sex drive though.

June 12, 2012 4:10 PM

For Anxiety and Stress: I started taking Celexa to help with anxiety and panic attacks. It helped with the panic attacks and made me feel numb as far as emotions. I had to change because I would have to take a nap everyday that sometimes would last 2-3 hours. I also began sleeping very late in the day which is unusual for me. The pill would cause me to have annoying headaches. Also, the first few weeks on it my appetite was suppressed.

June 9, 2012 1:06 AM

For Depression: This is my 2nd day taking 10mg and I feel dreadful. Hungover, almost. I took Zoloft years ago and can't remember if this fog lifts or not. I just feel sad and miserable, more so than before.

June 2, 2012 7:11 PM