User Reviews for Celexa (Page 8)

Learn more about Celexa.

Depression 273 reviews 79 medications

7.4
Summary of Celexa reviews 547 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Celexa

For Anxiety and Stress "Was put on 10mg for intense panic attacks, and later moved up to 20mg. This stuff has worked wonderfully! I feel like I'm finally the way I should be - you know how you see other people who are completely relaxed and at peace, and you wonder, "why can't I be like that? Why do I have all this anxiety for no reason?" Well, all of that is gone! It's amazing! I would recommend Celexa to anyone. The only downside is I experienced A LOT of side effects the first month I was on it - increased anxiety, jaw-clenching, headaches, insomnia. But, if you bear down and get yourself through the first month, it's worth it. I finally have my life back!"

Kbh211 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2014

252 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "When I first started taking it, it really helped me but now it's been over a month and I feel like I did before. I take 40 mg and I need help it's like I am taking nothing at all."

Ladydi4922 June 9, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress "Did some yawning in the first week and then my libido started to diminish. After two weeks my yawning went away and was replaced with clarity and a clear mind. The unfortunate downside at 20 mg after two weeks was absolute zero libido, I couldn't have an erection. It's too bad because it's a very effective medicine otherwise. I've switched to Wellbutrin, haven't started it, going through a one-week wash off Celexa."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2014

For Depression "I am 28 year old female. I was prescribed 10 mg. I read a lot of reviews on Celexa where people said they felt a difference the first week and was starting to get really disappointed when I felt no different in that time frame. I have been on it for exactly 7 weeks now and am just now starting to notice a difference. My interests have returned, I have more energy, and I am able to focus. Overall I am definitely happier and don't feel down in the dumps anymore. The only side effect I had was it made me very tired in the beginning but that has gone away completely. For me, Celexa is working!"

melissa9 May 20, 2014

162 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Helped with anxiety but not as much for depression. I had to get off this medicine because it caused me to put on 100lbs in 2 years. I've been off for a year and lost 80lbs. Kind of defeats the purpose of medicine if it causes such weight gain."

Bk4 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 17, 2014

For Depression "I was diagnosed with major depression 6 years ago when I was 18 years old. I was started on 100mg of Zoloft. You hear the commercials about side effects of SSRIs about how they can "increase suicidal thoughts in children and young adults". Well Zoloft did that to me and made my depression even worse until I eventually was suicidal and was hospitalized. Then they switched me to 60mg Celexa and I have never had any problems with it! I've been on it for 5 1/2 years and the only side effect I have is low libido. The FDA lowered the max recommended dose to 40mg so my doctor lowered my dose too. I have been okay on 40mg but I wish I was still allowed to have the 60mg. I wonder why the max dose got lowered?"

ilovebrutus May 17, 2014

For Depression "Gave me horrible dreams - talking in my sleep."

Darktragedy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress "I started Celexa a little over a week ago for Generalized Anxiety, thought to be associated with my Irritable Bowel Syndrome-D. Doctors are still reluctant to associate moods/stress affecting your stomach and bowels, but I am a firm believer (after living my whole life with anxiety and IBS) that there IS a definite correlation. I am a 26 y/o female. I weigh 110 lbs. I was put on 10 mg and only took a half pill the first 6 days. Then I upped it to a whole pill. The initial 2 days, I had a migraine headache and insomnia at night and a restless/anxious feeling during the day. I would wake up in a panic with racing thoughts. Now it has gotten a bit better, but I don't think I've been on it long enough yet to experience definite anxiety help. Trying to stick with it!"

eileen4226 (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2014

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "The first month I was very nauseous and felt foggy after taking the medication. Soon after that nausea went away. I am taking 10mg, this medication is extremely helpful."

College student (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2014

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Works great. I feel like myself again- positive, energetic, interest in activities has returned."

CedarSage87401 April 18, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I'm a 16 year old female. I was diagnosed with depression, anxiety disorder, anorexia and bulimia about 2 years ago. I attempted suicide 3 times and I really thought there was no hope. Zoloft did nothing for me. It was awful. But then along came Celexa and its awesome. I no longer wake up and feel like I'm drowning and my lungs are going to explode. I can get up out of bed and not hate everything. I can go about my day without worrying about every little thing. I no longer get panic attacks. It's awesome. I have lost weight too. I totally recommend Celexa, best things I've ever tried. "

gourmetv0mit April 11, 2014

197 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "This is seriously a miracle medicine! Ever since I went on this, it kicked in within a couple of weeks and after 3 weeks or so, my anxiety has been completely GONE, no more problems at all! I was having problems swallowing food and just swallowing my own saliva in general because of generalized anxiety disorder, every single day, it was hell, but this medicine seriously pulled me out of a dark hole and I've been on it since. Thank you Celexa! I'm so much happier on it."

JennayJellybeans April 9, 2014

215 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Day 2 of Celexa for anxiety. Ended up with headache, panic, dizziness, racing heart and thoughts. My typical anxiety wasn't even as bad as that. Day 1 seemed okay, but after day 2 I'm not happy with it. No more for me thanks!"

Sleepymama April 3, 2014

For Depression "I think I waited to long to start taking this medication. I too along with many others was against "happy pills" as I used to call them, I started having anxiety attacks at work and my emotions were starting to bleed into every aspect of my life, I had to do something. Depression is sneaky... you don't realize what its doing to you until you can step out of it and take a breath a real clear minded breath. That what Celexa has been for me. It made me soo tired at the beginning and I didn't eat much, but after about a week I noticed I was not crying all day like before. I cant say I feel super happy all the time but I notice that I am not as sad and I have energy to do more than lay on the couch on the weekends!"

AliDianne (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2014

127 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Best anti-anxiety medication for me. At 20mg it perfectly takes the edge off & allows me to focus with clarity at work & at home. I have been on Celexa for 10 years, tried Wellbutrin once thinking it might help with weight loss but it made me feel crazy & irritable, I did not like it at all. My daughter has similar issues as I do & Celexa did not work for her, she's going to try Prozac now. I think it's important to realize that everybody is different as is their chemical make up & what might work great for one may not for another."

CKay1104 March 13, 2014

152 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I took 10 mg for a couple of months and started 20 mg two weeks ago"

M1tch February 10, 2014

For Depression "I have been dealing with severe anxiety and depression for 16 years and it keeps getting worse and worse. I have no drive or ambition, lost my girl friend and job came to an end. It finally made me realize that I have to do something about this problem. I have been totally against medicines and have always disregarded mental illness but I now think it is mental illness that has put me in this terrible place. I have started taking Celexa 10 (20mg) days ago and am so excited to see the results. I have not noticed much response yet but I am generally less negative and have more excitement for things that I once loved."

mpmpmp (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2014

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I've had stints of anxiety and depression throughout my life. It got much worse when I got to college. It took me two years until my family and friends wanted me to seek help. My doctor put me on 10mg of Celexa a day and I felt it the first day! Felt so much better and more productive. I'm back to my normal self and not scared/sad to experience the things I used to enjoy."

Verton February 10, 2014

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Im a 20 year old female, been on Celexa for about 4 days now. I was pretty skeptical reading all the reviews and some negative ones really scared me, but I decided to take it anyway. So far I am liking the medicine. Little side effects such as a mild headache that seems to come about 5 min. after I take the pill, drowsiness (which is why I take it at night) and a tiny but of nausea. Nothing to major like I thought. Oh! and also no panic attacks, which is one of the main reasons I started taking this. Celexa has given me a sort of "calm, relaxed" feel. But I also feel more uplifted. I'm not sure the right word. I'm not energetic but I feel energized, which is great. I would recommend trying this if you suffer from frequent panic and worry."

amdam22 (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2014

264 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Been on Celexa for three months. It took a couple weeks to adjust to mild side effects such as heartburn and a general feeling that I'm full or not hungry. However, I no longer have those side effects and I feel great now! I have social anxiety and for the first time in years I feel happy and more confident in social situations. I feel normal and have nearly no negative thoughts any longer."

Eleni217 February 5, 2014

184 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I've been diagnosed with moderate depression in December. I've been in therapy with a psychologist since October. I lost my job, didn't go to school, broke up with my boyfriend, I was pretty much a mess. I had no motivation whatsoever. I basically secluded myself. I started Celexa 3 weeks ago and WOW oh WOW. I feel so happy. People noticed that I've changed and seriously the first week on Celexa was hard but it's so worth it. Stick with it, give it a chance. The only problem I have with Celexa is that it takes me forever to achieve orgasm but whatever I still have a sex drive which is very good. I got my boyfriend back, yay. Now I'm back to school, found a new job. I mean I got my life back on track and I am so happy with the results."

imhavingagreatday (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2014

172 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Been on Celexa now for a month at 10mg daily. So far so good. I feel a lot better and a lot more relaxed and calm. No panic attacks or anything like that. It's been great. Going to doctor in a couple weeks for follow up appointment. Going to see if I can start on 20mg. I feel that will even work better."

Bill71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2014

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I was optimistic when starting this medication for uncontrollable anxiety. I have previously tried Lexapro and Zoloft with success and haven't needed any medication for several years. I had a horrible experience with Celexa even at only 10mg. After my first dose I immediately felt bad. I dreaded taking it every night due to the body twitching and anxiety producing effects I felt within 45 min of the dose. Eventually I was having anxiety attacks everyday as well as feeling generally anxious all day. I had to discontinue it after 1 week due to the worst panic attack I've ever had. The withdrawal effects were horrendous, too--flu like."

Mimi_h (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2014

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "First was put on Zoloft. Went off it due to the side effects. Then was put on Celexa. No side effects, and after only a week I feel great. The medicine works."

Bill71 (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2014

143 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on this medicine for only 3 weeks and my love addiction, my sex addiction have all but practically disappeared. I don't feel as depressed I feel even, grounded and no longer have the feeling that I am separated from myself. My obsessive thoughts have all but disappeared. I was constantly thinking about my ex who broke up with me 9 months ago. I feel finally that I got my life back. I prefer low libido than constantly thinking that every attractive girl I connect with might be my future girlfriend. Celexa works for me, I have been on and off them for years now but now I am sticking to the program. Be patient people and stick to the program."

liveloveetc (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2014

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 9 10 ...Next