User Reviews for Celexa (Page 10)

Learn more about Celexa.

Depression 269 reviews 78 medications

7.4
Summary of Celexa reviews 539 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Celexa

For Depression "Had severe postpartum depression after my oldest was born. I thought that my experience was "normal" and due to the daily fatigue that new parents experience. Halfway through my second pregnancy I spoke with my OB about the crying/anxiety and sadness I experienced after her birth and she decided to put me on 10 mg Celexa; what a God send! With my husband deployed and a scary pregnancy this was exactly what I needed to cope and prepare with the new changes. I didn't feel so hopeless after he was born and the overwhelming feeling that had plagued me before was gone. I now take 20 mg to deal with my SADD and hectic job working in a Level 1 Trauma ER and it does the trick. I love Celexa and owe my positive parenting and job to the company. Thank you."

MollyCey August 1, 2013

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Severe panic attacks, couldn't drive much, never on freeways, bridges, etc. I can do it now after so many years of being unable to and even housebound for a while."

SDS#2 July 29, 2013

194 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I feel better. But I feel that I can't focus. As well my left side of my face is tingling. I going to stop and call my doctor. This is not the first I taking this medication and never had this side effect."

Jose d (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2013

For Depression "I would say I have seen a complete turn around in my depression. I use 40mg of Celexa and Xanax proscribed three times a day if needed. I usually take two Xanax before bed to fall asleep. I've been on it a year and can say its been a a blessing. Didn't start that way! I chose to stick through some of the side effects and gradually increased my dosage. From 10, 20, 30 now 40 mg which I take every morning. Now I feel the balance. When in need, I spoke with my Doctor to increase if I was not feeling to my full potential of the medicines. Still working on my anxiety around people! Doing better from where I started. GOOD LUCK ALL!"

Happy:) (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 27, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "I was suffering from extreme panic disorder, could barely leave the house, didn't think I would ever feel like myself again. I was put on Celexa and within a few weeks I started doing things that I thought I would never do again. I didn't think I would be able to go to college but with the help of Celexa I went off to college and felt like myself again after a few months. It was still a struggle at first, don't get me wrong, it is not magic, but it makes the panic manageable. I would definitely recommend the combination of this and CBT."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 25, 2013

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I have found my stress tolerance threshold has dramatically increased since starting Celexa. Anxiety is better but not much."

braziej (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 25, 2013

For Depression "Positive mood changes after using for several weeks. However, on this medication sex drive is practically non-existent for me (Male)."

celexa (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2013

For Depression "25yr. Female. I started taking 10mg of Celexa after experiencing severe depression. I was having harmful thoughts, insomnia and anxiety in all aspects of life. I finally succumbed to the fact, I needed to take medication because therapy, exercise, positive thoughts and other outlets were not working. The first few weeks sucked. I had severe insomnia, couldn't eat and felt ramped up and clenched my teeth when I did sleep. I never had the zombie experience though. But a few weeks later, the world seemed more clear & happy. Celexa did nothing for my anxiety, I had to add Klonopin, but it worked for my mood swings and depression. I would go on it again if I had to. Just remember everyone has different brain chemistry."

ldd513 July 15, 2013

For Depression "I had terrible side effects from taking Tamoxifen. I was diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux, could not sleep due to hot flashes, cried all the time, often just felt like I had the flu. My oncologist suggested I try citalopram. My world is wonderful! I feel better than I ever have. Not only did it help tremendously with the side effects of Tamoxifen, but it has also taken care of anxiety and depression that I had been living with, but never did anything about it. I have no side effects from the citalopram, except weight gain. I am working on that, though. All my family and friends are amazed at the difference in me. I have been taking 20mg for over a year."

sec1 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 9, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "Just started Celexa, and already I noticed the more feeling of calm, and calm is not something I think I've ever been, I get angered easy, upset, cry, feel overwhelmed, hopeless, feel better off dead, mood always up and down because of how many losses I have had in my life, feeling like a failure, you name it, I really hope this helps me long term. I've noticed a difference already and am optimistic."

Julz82 July 4, 2013

224 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I started having anxiety and the fear from that (worrying if I was having a heart attack) lead to straight up panic attacks. My DR. gave me to Celexa (20 mg) and after a few days I felt so much better, I didn't have to take my Xanax anymore, maybe 1 a week. It was great and after 2 months I came off. But about 7 months later my anxiety came back. So I gave Celexa another try, and at (20 mg) for 11 days, I felt in a fog, really tired and still had the anxiety. So after reading tons of posts, I lowered to 10 mg and I felt great!"

frogger8 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2013

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "My depression began at 14, with low self esteem & deep insecurities, but I was very friendly & popular. At 25, I took Prozac for 1 year (didn't like), then diagnosed with major ADD at 28. Adderall was a lifesaver, but after 15 years, still dealing with depression - especially seasonal. I was prescribed Celexa 2 yrs ago and it has worked wonders - keeps me feeling normal, happy and steady. BUT it makes me break out in sweat episodes 1-2 x a day. Uncomfortable. I thought it was pre-menopausal or hormone related (friends & OBGYN thought so too). Finally figured out it is more likely a side-effect of Celexa. (Could be dosage amount, 50mg?) I am just now switching to Wellbutrin & hope it's better. "

Lynn L June 25, 2013

For Depression "I suffer from Severe depression/anxiety. Celexa for me is a miracle. Got my life back/sex drive through the roof! Little to no anxiety..no side effects other than some yawning/tired."

Bones74 June 24, 2013

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I had uncontollable moods of anger sadness and happiness. I looked for ways to fixing it with drinking heavily and sleeping all day. Celexa cured my moods of feeling the need to drink and calmed my worries about life. Without Celexa my life was uncontrollable eating and sleeping and worried all the time. With this I was able to wake up early, get into a workout routine, eat healthily and go back to school without feeling overwhelmed. My friends and family see this positive change in my life. I noticed after 3 months I had to up my dosage from 10mg to 20 mg. I wish the low dosage would last longer but as for that Celexa has helped me in every part of my life!"

Tden (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2013

178 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been on this for a while now. I ran out, had to refill my script. I started taking it again, tonight. Within an hour, my thoughts were not heavy, the racing anger was lessened. I feel like a New Person. Thank whoever thought of this medicine. I'm like most though, the side effects, could be a lot easier on the body. Good luck out there."

deardree (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 22, 2013

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "First 2 days were euphoric and nothing could upset me. Then got more irritable and anxious. Stomach in knots. Then came depression & thoughts of suicide along with anxiety. Yawning all the time. This is day 7 and I left a message with my doctor this morning letting her know I couldn't feel like this for another week in hopes that it would possibly even out."

mondaynightrain (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2013

For Depression "Celexa really helped me get through my daughters death. I thought I could get through this on my own. I could not. My Dr. started me on 20mg. after 2 months I went to 40mg. and what a difference in my life. It will not take care of everything but it helps me with the depression. I feel so much better and can face the days ahead with a better outlook."

Griptilian June 13, 2013

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "It is awesome. I totally recommend Celexa. Do not be afraid of taking this: It really works: You will bathe in tranquility without feeling anything different: The best way to describe it is to be at a Spa relaxing yet fully awake and functioning normally. I am definitely converted and I am converting everyone I know. It works: I guarantee it."

Jean Luc Perrier (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 31, 2013

291 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I was on Celexa for approximately 3-6 months for depression. This was my first antidepressant ever, so I didn't know what to expect. The only side effect I remember experiencing was dry mouth which was annoying, but very tolerable and temporary. Celexa very effectively eliminated my short temper/ snappiness, crying fits and it greatly enhanced my mood and outlook on life. On one occasion, while reflecting on a depressing exchange, I realized that I might be suicidal. I advised my doctor but continued to take it with no more problems but ultimately stopped because I didn't want to be dependent on medicines. The depression is back and I was switched to Viibryd."

Crystal9189 May 31, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been taking Celexa for many years and somehow I stopped taking it not realizing that I had. I could not function at all without it. I'm back on it and I feel wonderful. It's not a medicine to stop suddenly."

russom18 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 18, 2013

152 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I have been taking Celexa for 13 years for anxiety/irritability which it works great for. Sexual side effects are terribly disappointing - lack desire and difficult to climax. Anytime I try to go off, the anxiety and irritability are present within the 2nd day. Really wish I could find something that worked as good without the side effects. No other medicine has even touched anxiety/irritability the way Celexa has."

Anon234 (taken for 10 years or more) May 15, 2013

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I started Celexa two weeks ago, it already seems to be helping. I used to worry non stop and I felt very down. It has helped for my anxiety."

Lisa m. May 11, 2013

141 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Postpartum Depression "I am not sure if I had post partum depression or not, my youngest child is 2 and it seems ever since having her I've been not the best mom out there, or wife. I was very moody all the time and just recently it has gotten worse. I felt like I was always on a rage at home, yelling at everyone, everything getting on my nerves, snapping at family members, it was terrible. Celexa saved my life! I felt improvement within days. I feel more calm and no longer have the urges to yell and get angry with anyone. Have experienced headaches and fatigue & yawning, but nothing compared to how I was feeling before so I can handle the side effects! I am on week 3 now, hoping they diminish with time."

Mommy3dd (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2013

For Depression "I have been taking Celexa for 4 years. All of a sudden, it stopped working and I spent 4 days feeling like I didn't want to live any more. I had no idea that my body could build up an immunity and it simply would stop working. "

John Pennsylvania (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress "Celexa has given me my life back! I suffered from severe anxiety and depression to the point where I would just lay in bed for days. I didn't want to go anywhere, and cancelled plans with friends all the time just to stay home and sleep. It took about a month to work and now I feel great! I am back to my old self - I love going out, seeing friends, exercising, reading, everything I used to do and I'm happier than ever! My only side effects were the first 2 weeks - anxiety was worse, insomnia, no appetite. That's gone now and I have no complaints. If I take it in the morning, I sleep well. If I take it at night, I can't sleep. You just have to learn what's best for you!"

Kelly M. (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2013

226 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 ...8 9 10 11 12 ...Next