User Reviews for Citalopram

Also known as: Celexa

Learn more about Citalopram.

Severe Mood Dysregulation 0 reviews 0 medications

Occipital Neuralgia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Vulvodynia 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Citalopram reviews 793 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Citalopram

For Postpartum Depression: "After I had postpartum depression after 2 weeks of giving birth then my 9 months through it got really worse. I would always snap at my boyfriend about the little things. I got irritated very easily and would cry everyday. All I wanted to do was sleep. I also tried counseling before deciding to take medicines. I just felt like a horrible mom. I took Celexa and after a week I felt the change in me right away. I felt more about things and my anxiety went away. I had more energy to do things and more motivated to do things. I love being me again."

shnbsng February 5, 2014

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: "I've been diagnosed with moderate depression in December. I've been in therapy with a psychologist since October. I lost my job, didn't go to school, broke up with my boyfriend, I was pretty much a mess. I had no motivation whatsoever. I basically secluded myself. I started Celexa 3 weeks ago and WOW oh WOW. I feel so happy. People noticed that I've changed and seriously the first week on Celexa was hard but it's so worth it. Stick with it, give it a chance. The only problem I have with Celexa is that it takes me forever to achieve orgasm but whatever I still have a sex drive which is very good. I got my boyfriend back, yay. Now I'm back to school, found a new job. I mean I got my life back on track and I am so happy with the results."

imhavingagreatday (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2014

165 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "Been on Celexa now for a month at 10mg daily. So far so good. I feel a lot better and a lot more relaxed and calm. No panic attacks or anything like that. It's been great. Going to doctor in a couple weeks for follow up appointment. Going to see if I can start on 20mg. I feel that will even work better."

Bill71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2014

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "After having unsuccessfully tried Prozac, I was apprehensive about how effective Citalopram was going to be. It definitely takes a while (for me five weeks) before you notice the benefits, and I had the common side effect of severe nausea for the first few weeks. I don't want to wax lyrical but I can honestly say that it changed my life, I felt that the issues that I experienced which made everything seemingly impossible were no longer such a problem. I started to be able to live a normal life again, and felt a greater sense of control over the way I felt and acted. I would count it as one of the best decisions that I have ever made."

LaylaH585 January 26, 2014

For Panic Disorder: "I've found it to work great for depression. But the panic attacks are severe. I got 2 kidney stones was off citalopram. 3 weeks stayed off 1 month no panic attacks. No hard heart beat but I get teary eyed."

jimsinmotion1 January 26, 2014

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "I was optimistic when starting this medication for uncontrollable anxiety. I have previously tried Lexapro and Zoloft with success and haven't needed any medication for several years. I had a horrible experience with Celexa even at only 10mg. After my first dose I immediately felt bad. I dreaded taking it every night due to the body twitching and anxiety producing effects I felt within 45 min of the dose. Eventually I was having anxiety attacks everyday as well as feeling generally anxious all day. I had to discontinue it after 1 week due to the worst panic attack I've ever had. The withdrawal effects were horrendous, too--flu like."

Mimi_h (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2014

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I am on my 2nd day of taking Citalopram. I have felt a little off from the side effects but I also noticed I have more energy and have felt "happier" and more patient (especially with my daughter) I'm only 24 and I am not on any other medication. I have tried to handle my depression and anxiety on my own until it was ultimately consuming my life and happiness. So far this medicine seems to be working- even though I know you are not suppose to notice anything until a couple weeks. I never wanted to be on any type of medication and if you're leery about starting like I was don't be ashamed. Sometimes we can't handle everything on our own and it's okay to admit it and seek help."

Hanna7775 January 12, 2014

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression: "I have been on Citalopram for about four months now. I started at 10 mg and now I am on 20 mg a day. My personal experience has been great. I felt better within days not completely but the edge had been taken away which with the way I felt was a huge relief. I have been lucky to have had no side effects other that a slight decrease in sexual tension which I am good with. Though recently I missed three days because I didn't get my refill and I was knocked off balance a bit, don't miss your refills. I am grateful for this medicine, I was such an emotional mess before it."

Smiling Again January 11, 2014

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "First was put on Zoloft. Went off it due to the side effects. Then was put on Celexa. No side effects, and after only a week I feel great. The medicine works."

Bill71 (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2014

134 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "Been on this medicine for about 4 weeks. 20 mg with barely any side effects at all. Went to the doctor yesterday and now am on 40 mg and still barely any side effects. I am a different person. Very laid back. I love it. I'm so glad I got on this medicine and I lost 5 pounds in a month."

heatherlovespj (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2014

For Depression: "Among other diagnosis, I have major depression, and for the past 25 years have been prescribed many antidepressants. Previous to Citalopram, I took an antidepressant that began to positively affect my frame of mind. However, after a month of use, and increased doses prescribed by the Dr., did not help. With Citalopram, after one month of miraculous mood improvement, I suddenly got dropped back to where I felt a month ago. I have yet to see the Physician to inform him."

One more time (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2014

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I had struggled with anxiety for over ten years. After having my second daughter I went through a bout of post partum depression and obsessive thoughts. I truly didn't know how bad it was until I started taking Celexa. I feel like a new person. The constant worry, thinking and obsessing has stopped! For anyone resisting medication I would recommend trying it. I has truly improved my life! I also had little side effects expect for a bit of fatigue in the first few weeks. I take 30mg a day."

Ash-234 January 6, 2014

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on this medicine for only 3 weeks and my love addiction, my sex addiction have all but practically disappeared. I don't feel as depressed I feel even, grounded and no longer have the feeling that I am separated from myself. My obsessive thoughts have all but disappeared. I was constantly thinking about my ex who broke up with me 9 months ago. I feel finally that I got my life back. I prefer low libido than constantly thinking that every attractive girl I connect with might be my future girlfriend. Celexa works for me, I have been on and off them for years now but now I am sticking to the program. Be patient people and stick to the program."

liveloveetc (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2014

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "For the past few years I think I have suffered from anxiety. Couldn't really put my finger on it until thanksgiving day. Everything was fine until it hit me out of no where. I remember feeling like my future was doomed. I couldn't concentrate, I felt like I wasn't myself. I completely lost it. It was like I was losing grasp of every aspect of my life. I cried and thought I was losing my sanity. It was the scariest thing I had ever experienced. After seeing 2 doctors the medicines they prescribed either didn't help or maybe my anxiety got the best of me but finally my mom made me go to the ER and they gave me Celexa. The side effects where pretty bad but I stuck it out and I must say that almost 3 weeks in I'm feeling back to myself."

Mrz. Bo$$y (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2013

145 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on this medication for a week and have never felt better. I have noticed no anxiety and my mind does not race all the time. My spouse has even said that he has noticed a difference with my attitude. I feel like my old self. I have been smiling more and feel relaxed. I take 20 mg per day. The only downfall that I have found with this medication is that it upsets my stomach, so what I have been doing is taking it with my dinner meal and that has seemed to help."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2013

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression: "I've been taking these since October this year and all I keep getting is headaches, which keep giving me pain in my eyes and bellyaches and feeling sick. Doctor said it's fine."

haylz93 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2013

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "Celexa has changed my life. I have severe panic attacks, obsessive compulsive disorder and worry about everything. I started the medication and within 24 hours saw results. I don't want to say I had a "I don't care attitude" but I did. Started with breaking the medication in half- 5 mg then after two days went on 10 mg. I am the happiest I have ever been. Smiling, not worried, singing, and back to the normal me. My job is the biggest issue and I can come to work, focus, perform my job and not worry about all the side conversations. This medication has saved me. I hope it lasts a long time. I was afraid of taking anything that would alter me, but this Celexa works. Happy Days are ahead!"

Unbelievable Results (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2013

265 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I'm one day into week seven and I caught myself smiling and singing on way to work. I wasn't anxious, or nervous. I truly feel like me today, I want to cry Thank you! I feel like a million bucks. The only real side effect I had was nausea. I would have it everyday if I knew I would be me again. So Happy me today! Yea"

blonddraider (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2013

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression: "(Female, 23) The side effects are awful, but go away. I experienced nausea and insomnia, weight gain, libido death, and difficulty achieving orgasm. The nausea and insomnia went away in 1.5-2 weeks, but the nausea almost made me stop taking the medication. Glad I didn't though! All side effects were gone by week 8. Be patient! This medication has worked wonders. I feel MOTIVATED and excited about my future, and I don't run away from my problems. As a side note, I may have experienced weight gain because I was not eating regularly before I began taking it. The weight gain wasn't drastic though, I just look healthy and I've lost my sallow complexion. Overall, the adjustment period can be brutal but it is well worth it. Good luck!"

TheKatsMeow (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2013

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "It works great if it works for you but if you have the problem where medication suddenly stops for no apparent reason then you could be in for a nightmare, like I was in for a whole year still going through it but not as bad. It more so numbs you that you don't worry about your physical aspects of anxiety and works great for mood but if it "poops out" on you then be prepared to fight the withdrawals."

smitchler (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 12, 2013

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "I just started taking Celexa and the only thing I notice are the headaches, which are very unusual for me. Sometimes they are worse than others. Can be distracting at work, but not so bad that I'm willing to through in the towel just yet. Also my stomach as been a little upset too, but again not enough to give up on trying to feel better!"

Carolina1124 December 11, 2013

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: "I have been on Celexa for 2 months. I was very reluctant and had tried several in the past (couldn't get past the side effects). I didn't feel great the first couple weeks, but it wasn't awful. After 3 weeks, I felt better, more relaxed, and happier. I didn't feel much different, just started enjoying things more (as they should be). I smile more and laugh more - I get excited about things (I haven't felt excitement in a LONG time). I'm so happy I stuck with this one and it has truly worked for me. Also, I've had trouble accepting an anti-depressant as a treatment option because I have no reason to be depressed - great life, kids, job, husband. But, I was. I guess it's my brain chemistry, but it is what it is. This works!"

ash12345 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2013

232 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "For the last 7 months, I have taken 30mg/day. It eased 90% of my anxieties and obsessive thoughts. My family and friends quickly noticed my new, laid back state. I laughed more and cried (a whole lot) less. I have never been so emotionally stable. However, these benefits come at a price. First, I'm extremely tired. Next, my libido is gone. Also, my memory is awful. I constantly forget simple conversations or tasks. Similarly, I now struggle to articulate my thoughts. I often stumble over words and lose my train of thought mid-conversation. Lastly, at times, I feel like an emotionless zombie. For these reasons, I plan to taper off of the medication. I instead hope to learn new coping techniques."

Anonymous1989815 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 9, 2013

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "I started this about a week ago and a few days afterwards I slightly felt like a new person. I could enjoy the weekend with my friends without worrying constantly about school or them judging me. Just yesterday the side effects began to kick in and now I feel back to my old self. I'm even moodier and depressed. I don't stress as much though. I fall asleep very early at night (8-9 compared to never being able to sleep) but now I have been waking up around 4 or 5 and not being able to sleep. I have very vivid dreams. I also have been extremely thirsty. My doctor said the side effects will even out. I'm excited for them to just so that I can start living normally again. (female)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2013

For Depression: "I went through a spout of being suicidal. My doc referred me to 20mg daily. I have been off for about 5 months, but started taking it again today. It makes me feel happy, and functional. I see the good in life, and wake up without anything on my mind. I fall asleep without anything on my mind. I had no side effects, and sex was still amazing. It takes me longer to reach climax, but that's a good thing (male). I would recommend this 100%. In 14 short days, you'll be unrecognizable!"

wgersalyey (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2013