User Reviews for Citalopram

Also known as: Celexa

Learn more about Citalopram.

Severe Mood Dysregulation 0 reviews 0 medications

Occipital Neuralgia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Vulvodynia 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Citalopram reviews 827 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Citalopram

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "I started Celexa a little over a week ago for Generalized Anxiety, thought to be associated with my Irritable Bowel Syndrome-D. Doctors are still reluctant to associate moods/stress affecting your stomach and bowels, but I am a firm believer (after living my whole life with anxiety and IBS) that there IS a definite correlation. I am a 26 y/o female. I weigh 110 lbs. I was put on 10 mg and only took a half pill the first 6 days. Then I upped it to a whole pill. The initial 2 days, I had a migraine headache and insomnia at night and a restless/anxious feeling during the day. I would wake up in a panic with racing thoughts. Now it has gotten a bit better, but I don't think I've been on it long enough yet to experience definite anxiety help. Trying to stick with it!"

eileen4226 (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2014

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "Ive been on this medication for around 3.5 wks now & the difference is amazing. Pro's - My temper has calmed considerably, I don't feel foggy or anxious the whole time, I can sleep & the most amazing thing is that the Bulimia episodes have pretty much stopped altogether! Con's - I have pretty much no appetite to the extent that I remind myself to eat or I feel ill, a bit of dizziness, really tired first couple of weeks but now I feel like I have lots of energy, upset stomach a few times. Its only early days but I'm actually laughing & feel human again! I'm hoping that these help me to resolve issues going forward."

BooBoo36 May 9, 2014

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "The first month I was very nauseous and felt foggy after taking the medication. Soon after that nausea went away. I am taking 10mg, this medication is extremely helpful."

College student (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2014

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression: "I feel amazing. I was an absolute wreck, unreasonable. Paranoid, emotional, moody. My boyfriend was at his wits end so I went to the DR's and was told I was depressed! I was so shocked but it all made sense. I have been described 20mg of citalopram and I feel the effects already. I feel a bit nauseous about 2 hours after taking the tablet and my sleep is affected but otherwise I no longer get overwhelmed, I don't feel paranoid and I don't feel at rock bottom at every little thing. I am feeling so positive and my boyfriend is so happy to have the old me back. Taking this medicine has made me realize just how bad I was."

Samstar1983 (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2014

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: "Works great. I feel like myself again- positive, energetic, interest in activities has returned."

CedarSage87401 April 18, 2014

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I'm 19 years old, I've suffered from depression, stress, bulimia and anxiety for several years. My background is Chinese, therefore my parents are very judgmental (not all Chinese parents are) but they don't really believe in such kind of illness and they will lose face if any of their friends knew what was wrong with me, one day I couldn't bare it so I went to the doc, she gave me citalopram 10mg. This is my second day, I've experience dizziness and diarrhea but apart from that I feel like I've been more happy and positive."

Minime1234 April 18, 2014

For Depression: "I have been taking Citalopram for about 2 months now. I was in a horrible state of anxiety, depression and de-personalisation. It had completely taken over my life. This medicine has been a life saver - however it only started to work for me after the first month of taking it. I want to encourage people to persist with it like I did, and hopefully you will experience the same benefits. Good luck to all."

Tom182 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2014

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "I'm a 16 year old female. I was diagnosed with depression, anxiety disorder, anorexia and bulimia about 2 years ago. I attempted suicide 3 times and I really thought there was no hope. Zoloft did nothing for me. It was awful. But then along came Celexa and its awesome. I no longer wake up and feel like I'm drowning and my lungs are going to explode. I can get up out of bed and not hate everything. I can go about my day without worrying about every little thing. I no longer get panic attacks. It's awesome. I have lost weight too. I totally recommend Celexa, best things I've ever tried. "

gourmetv0mit April 11, 2014

191 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "This is seriously a miracle medicine! Ever since I went on this, it kicked in within a couple of weeks and after 3 weeks or so, my anxiety has been completely GONE, no more problems at all! I was having problems swallowing food and just swallowing my own saliva in general because of generalized anxiety disorder, every single day, it was hell, but this medicine seriously pulled me out of a dark hole and I've been on it since. Thank you Celexa! I'm so much happier on it."

JennayJellybeans April 9, 2014

203 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "Day 2 of Celexa for anxiety. Ended up with headache, panic, dizziness, racing heart and thoughts. My typical anxiety wasn't even as bad as that. Day 1 seemed okay, but after day 2 I'm not happy with it. No more for me thanks!"

Sleepymama April 3, 2014

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: "I think I waited to long to start taking this medication. I too along with many others was against "happy pills" as I used to call them, I started having anxiety attacks at work and my emotions were starting to bleed into every aspect of my life, I had to do something. Depression is sneaky... you don't realize what its doing to you until you can step out of it and take a breath a real clear minded breath. That what Celexa has been for me. It made me soo tired at the beginning and I didn't eat much, but after about a week I noticed I was not crying all day like before. I cant say I feel super happy all the time but I notice that I am not as sad and I have energy to do more than lay on the couch on the weekends!"

AliDianne (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2014

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression: "Been depressed since 13 years old. Didn't take an antidepressant until late 50's. Resisted, tried everything else. Still have to do work, like therapy, exercise, diet, rest, mental care, but this is like a Miracle for me. Never even knew how depressed I was before. Now I am only anxious. Ha ha. Have to work on that, but it is much better to be anxious than, anxious and depressed."

Notbluelady March 25, 2014

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I have PURE obsessive compulsive disorder and I switched from Prozac after 13 years to citalopram and I started with 10 mg for 5 days then 20 mg and at the beginning I was having side effects like unable to sleep but after 2 weeks it kicked in and I feel back to normal and it saved my life and a few obsession but I can control it, I would recommend this medicine."

ktodary1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress: "Started Celexa January 2 at 10 mg then went up to 20 mg February 2011. So far so good. The 10 mg was working ok but the 20mg works great. Wish I would have started this treatment years ago. It works great. I'm a lot more calm and no panic attacks."

Bill71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2014

For Depression: "I had a very positive experience with citalopram. It literally saved my life when I was in the worst emotional abyss in my life. Depression is the worst illness I have experienced in my life and this particular medication worked wonders for me. It started working after about 2 weeks and I stayed on it for roughly two months. I discontinued taking the medication after just 2 months because I did not want to become addicted to it and living on medication for the rest of my life was a scary concept. The only main side effect I experiences was loss of sleep while I was taking the medication. I am doing fine for now but if at any point I experience the symptoms coming back, I'll be happy to get back on this medication."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2014

For Depression: "While I didn't quite get to where I wanted this isn't a bad medicine. It made me a lot more relaxed and happier than I had been but just didn't get me any further than this so changed to Remeron. Big mistake, so now been changed again so hoping to get there someday."

hippy bill (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was prescribed Celexa for my severe anxiety and depression. I was very doubtful of it because my main problem was my anxiety and I was told this was an antidepressant, but I decided to give it a try. I read about every review on this site, and I was scared to death since everyone got side effects. I even cried before I took it. I've been on it for a few days now. From day 1, no side effects. My anxiety has also slightly decreased already. I find that I am able to realize I'm feeling anxious and simply think "I don't care" and it instantly goes away. Please don't be scared off by the side effects. I have finally found relief in my life and can't wait for the next few weeks when it works even better."

Lexir (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2014

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I have had panic disorder for about 2 years now. I've been taking this medicine for a year of this. I had four ambulances rang to my house constantly thought I was going to die. This medicine has helped me a lot but my illness is very strong and still have severe panic attacks from time to time followed by migraines. It is very effective, it wont kick in for a month or so, so just hang in there things get worse before they improve. I take a 20mg dose by the way."

llrirkshsjsjdjjdjd (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 14, 2014

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "Best anti-anxiety medication for me. At 20mg it perfectly takes the edge off & allows me to focus with clarity at work & at home. I have been on Celexa for 10 years, tried Wellbutrin once thinking it might help with weight loss but it made me feel crazy & irritable, I did not like it at all. My daughter has similar issues as I do & Celexa did not work for her, she's going to try Prozac now. I think it's important to realize that everybody is different as is their chemical make up & what might work great for one may not for another."

CKay1104 March 13, 2014

142 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on Celexa for depression for thirteen years total, six the first time, two years medicine free, and then seven years up until recently. It had worked wonderfully until fall of this past year. I suddenly had nervousness and anxiety not experienced before while on Celexa. I told my doctor and he switched me to Trazodone. I miss that Celexa was once a day treatment, while I have to take Trazodone multiple times per day because it wears off. Sad that Celexa started causing anxiety after so many good years on it. Be watchful, because some MD's do not acknowledge anxiety as a possible side effect of Celexa."

T02S March 12, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress: "Celexa changed my life!! I went from being constantly worried/ anxious to feeling calm and capable all the time! Even my coworkers noticed how much better I handled stress and how relaxed I seemed. At first I did experience side effects such as stomach upset, difficulty achieving orgasm and sleep troubles but all of these ceased over the first month. The only side effect I still have is I am slightly more somnolent during the day, but it is well worth it for the positive effects. I didn't gain weight either! I wish I had gone on this med years ago."

Laman96 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress: "The doctor had too take me off it because I was starting to itch badly. I was on 10 mg."

missyd78 March 5, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress: "I'm a 27 year old male and I take this for anxiety & depression. I went into a deep anxiety attack where my mind went into a dark state of mind and I couldn't seem to get out of it for about a week until the medicine kicked in but it was so worth it! I feel at ease now and I'm not overly worried about every little thing anymore. The pros far out weight the cons, but here's the side effects that I experienced during the first week: nausea, insomnia, no appetite hardly and more anxiety. Thankfully about the 5th day into taking it, I felt like me again! I had this sense of joy and happiness that made me feel great. Some males say they had a sexual side effect where they couldn't "climax", but I didn't have that problem one bit. Saved my life."

Mark S. (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress: "My first time using citalopram I was on 10mg a day. My first couple days was difficult. Nausea, dizziness, terrible migraines. I had to excuse myself from work for a couple days til I adjusted. My moods did improve, and I took the meds for 6 months. I stopped taking them because I hated relying on meds for my emotional control, and the sexual dysfunction that accompanied it made me more anxious and it put rifts in my relationship. I was off meds for about 7 months, and since that time I've gone through some traumatic experiences that have made it hard to stay in control. So I'm now 4 days into my second try on the meds. I've started at 20mg this time around. 2 days of side effects. We will see how this one goes."

Cait69266 February 20, 2014

For Panic Disorder: "I must say, I went to this very site and read such great reviews about this medication that I was sincerely relieved when my doctor told me that he recommended I try this medication out. I cannot stress enough how HAPPY I have become over the past few weeks. Panic attack free, full night sleep, good and positive energy (most of the time). Celexa (citalopram) really has done a complete 180 for me. My panic attacks typically consisted of shakes/tremors, tightness in my chest/throat, sweating, fast heartbeat, and a sleepless night. Since day 1 of starting this medication, I've been panic attack free. Only side effects were occasional dry mouth and yawning for me . Definitely recommend this medication!"

Mattie Boo (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2014

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 10 11 ...Next