User Reviews for Citalopram

Also known as: Celexa

Learn more about Citalopram.

Severe Mood Dysregulation 0 reviews 0 medications

Vulvodynia 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Citalopram reviews 709 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Citalopram

Review by Bones74:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I suffer from Severe depression/anxiety. Celexa for me is a miracle. Got my life back/sex drive through the roof! Little to no anxiety..no side effects other than some yawning/tired.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2013 5:09 PM

Review by Tden (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I had uncontollable moods of anger sadness and happiness. I looked for ways to fixing it with drinking heavily and sleeping all day. Celexa cured my moods of feeling the need to drink and calmed my worries about life. Without Celexa my life was uncontrollable eating and sleeping and worried all the time. With this I was able to wake up early, get into a workout routine, eat healthily and go back to school without feeling overwhelmed. My friends and family see this positive change in my life. I noticed after 3 months I had to up my dosage from 10mg to 20 mg. I wish the low dosage would last longer but as for that Celexa has helped me in every part of my life!

168 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2013 2:42 PM

Review by deardree (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I have been on this for a while now. I ran out, had to refill my script. I started taking it again, tonight. Within an hour, my thoughts were not heavy, the racing anger was lessened. I feel like a New Person. Thank whoever thought of this medicine. I'm like most though, the side effects, could be a lot easier on the body. Good luck out there.

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 22, 2013 12:21 AM

Review by mondaynightrain (taken for less than 1 month):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: First 2 days were euphoric and nothing could upset me. Then got more irritable and anxious. Stomach in knots. Then came depression & thoughts of suicide along with anxiety. Yawning all the time. This is day 7 and I left a message with my doctor this morning letting her know I couldn't feel like this for another week in hopes that it would possibly even out.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 21, 2013 9:16 AM

Review by Irish Camel (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I've been on this 7 day's and the side effects are not easy. Nausea, anxiety, sweating and hot flashes, dry mouth, plus headaches and dizziness.

June 17, 2013 1:13 PM

Review by allypally:

For Anxiety and Stress: I've only been taking it for 4 days- and I did have some side effects to begin with but I have to say that it's really lifted my mood.

June 14, 2013 2:30 PM

Review by younggirlbworld (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Citalopram really helped with my anxiety and depression. It stabilizes my mood and keeps me from feeling the physical symptoms of anxiety which really helps. I don't have constant mood swings and it takes a lot for me to get upset now. I don't really have too many side effects except for sinus problems and constant yawning.. don't know if anyone else experiences this. At first I could not sleep, and the pill made me a little nauseous but if taken with food the nausea goes away and dissipates. I was skeptical about taking antidepressants of any kind since this was my first one and I worry a lot. But this pill has made it easier to deal with things in a non noticeable way. I actually have started feeling like myself again.

June 14, 2013 1:58 PM

Review by Griptilian:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: Celexa really helped me get through my daughters death. I thought I could get through this on my own. I could not. My Dr. started me on 20mg. after 2 months I went to 40mg. and what a difference in my life. It will not take care of everything but it helps me with the depression. I feel so much better and can face the days ahead with a better outlook.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2013 5:49 PM

Review by Bexii:

For Anxiety and Stress: Doctor gave me citalopram as I was having really bad anxiety attacks, the first 2-3 days were awful, I kept being sick, felt so tired, dry mouth and bad headaches. It is now just starting to work for me I am on 10mg. Got to give it time to work.

June 10, 2013 7:30 PM

Review by Jean Luc Perrier (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: It is awesome. I totally recommend Celexa. Do not be afraid of taking this: It really works: You will bathe in tranquility without feeling anything different: The best way to describe it is to be at a Spa relaxing yet fully awake and functioning normally. I am definitely converted and I am converting everyone I know. It works: I guarantee it.

268 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 31, 2013 5:59 PM

Review by Crystal9189:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I was on Celexa for approximately 3-6 months for depression. This was my first antidepressant ever, so I didn't know what to expect. The only side effect I remember experiencing was dry mouth which was annoying, but very tolerable and temporary. Celexa very effectively eliminated my short temper/ snappiness, crying fits and it greatly enhanced my mood and outlook on life. On one occasion, while reflecting on a depressing exchange, I realized that I might be suicidal. I advised my doctor but continued to take it with no more problems but ultimately stopped because I didn't want to be dependent on medicines. The depression is back and I was switched to Viibryd.

May 31, 2013 1:07 AM

Review by Tazza (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: Was originally prescribed Citalopram 20mg a day for anxiety, however I have suffered from premenstrual symptoms for years, it was controlling my life! For weeks I had side effects but persevered. I have NEVER felt so good since, I have zero side effects and absolutely NO signs of PMT! My husband thinks he's married 'me' again! So happy.

May 30, 2013 5:51 AM

Review by russom18 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I have been taking Celexa for many years and somehow I stopped taking it not realizing that I had. I could not function at all without it. I'm back on it and I feel wonderful. It's not a medicine to stop suddenly.

146 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 18, 2013 6:00 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I've been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. My Dr. put me on Celexa 5mg, for a week then 10mg and all the way up to 40 in the next weeks. This medicine has made me feel better already from starting it last week of 5mg. This medicine is a lifesaver for me. I switched from Zoloft. It wasn't working for me. I will be on Celexa for the rest of my life. Celexa is a awesome for bad anxiety and obsessive thoughts, racing thoughts, worry, panic, PMDD and etc.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 15, 2013 12:34 PM

Review by Anon234 (taken for 10 years or more):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I have been taking Celexa for 13 years for anxiety/irritability which it works great for. Sexual side effects are terribly disappointing - lack desire and difficult to climax. Anytime I try to go off, the anxiety and irritability are present within the 2nd day. Really wish I could find something that worked as good without the side effects. No other medicine has even touched anxiety/irritability the way Celexa has.

129 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 15, 2013 12:37 AM

Review by Goldaline:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been taking citalopram just over 2 months. Within 3-4 wks, my panic attacks began to dissipate. I would feel 1 coming on, but it wouldn't build. Before treatment, my overall anxiety level had reached a pretty unbearable point, with constant cycles of panic and anxiety. Slowly, the things that trigger those feelings stopped having the same effect. Experienced quite a few side effects at the start, but they DID go away after about 3 weeks. In the past 2 weeks I went from 10mg to 20mg, as my anxiety was creeping back in. But I'm adjusting well with the dose. People have noticed a complete shift in my attitude, and I finally have some inner calm to rediscover me. post-panic/anxiety!

May 14, 2013 10:05 PM

Review by Lisa m.:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I started Celexa two weeks ago, it already seems to be helping. I used to worry non stop and I felt very down. It has helped for my anxiety.

135 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2013 8:49 AM

Review by Mommy3dd (taken for less than 1 month):

Celexa (citalopram) for Postpartum Depression: I am not sure if I had post partum depression or not, my youngest child is 2 and it seems ever since having her I've been not the best mom out there, or wife. I was very moody all the time and just recently it has gotten worse. I felt like I was always on a rage at home, yelling at everyone, everything getting on my nerves, snapping at family members, it was terrible. Celexa saved my life! I felt improvement within days. I feel more calm and no longer have the urges to yell and get angry with anyone. Have experienced headaches and fatigue & yawning, but nothing compared to how I was feeling before so I can handle the side effects! I am on week 3 now, hoping they diminish with time.

May 9, 2013 10:37 AM

Review by John Pennsylvania (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I have been taking Celexa for 4 years. All of a sudden, it stopped working and I spent 4 days feeling like I didn't want to live any more. I had no idea that my body could build up an immunity and it simply would stop working.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2013 7:54 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I just started this medication about two weeks ago. I was having intense Obsessive compulsive symptoms as well as the occasional suicidal thoughts. When I finally had the courage to express my suicidal thoughts, my doctor recommended that I take Celexa 10mg once daily. So far, I am very pleased with it. I was on fluoxetine (Prozac) for 4 years and it had some intense side effects. Celexa works just as well as Prozac with fewer side effects. Only thing I've noticed is it made me quite drowsy for the first few days, but I think that is over now so everything is great! I am much more positive, yet not hyper like I was on Prozac.

April 25, 2013 3:11 PM

Review by Tinker x (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: I am a health professional who has suffered from anxiety since 11yrs old, I am now 32. I spent most of my life wandering what on earth was up with me as I worried about everything! I couldn't understand why I felt so low. This made me worry more! I could actually spend hrs and hrs explaining my symptoms/ stories etc. I knew that antidepressants could help my mood and anxiety but I was petrified of the side effects. 18mths ago I decided to try Citalopram as I was so ill. I swear this has saved my life! I never thought that I could feel normal again. It's a miracle! I now look back and cant believe how bad my anxiety really was, I must be strong to have put up with it for so long. Anxiety can really ruin your life, act now.

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 23, 2013 4:33 PM

Review by veraelvira (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I may be premature giving Citalopram 9 out of 10. I started taking it 7 months after a dreadful bereavement, as I was experiencing severe reactive depression and rapid mood cycles for the first time in my life. I avoided antidepressants for as long as I could, but in the end, I felt I didn't have any choice as I was going under. Citalopram feels like nothing less than a life-saver. Few side effects initially apart from feeling very, very tired and getting a tight jaw. I still grieve, but I function, thankfully. Citalopram also seems to have got rid of my longstanding mild anxiety issues. I never want to go back to feeling like I did before.

April 22, 2013 5:39 PM

Review by Kelly M. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: Celexa has given me my life back! I suffered from severe anxiety and depression to the point where I would just lay in bed for days. I didn't want to go anywhere, and cancelled plans with friends all the time just to stay home and sleep. It took about a month to work and now I feel great! I am back to my old self - I love going out, seeing friends, exercising, reading, everything I used to do and I'm happier than ever! My only side effects were the first 2 weeks - anxiety was worse, insomnia, no appetite. That's gone now and I have no complaints. If I take it in the morning, I sleep well. If I take it at night, I can't sleep. You just have to learn what's best for you!

213 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2013 11:45 PM

Review by sfncs03 (taken for less than 1 month):

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I was put on a combination of Celexa 20mg and Xanax. I have never reacted to any medication like I reacted to these. They definitely overpowered me. Within 3 weeks I started to have suicidal thoughts and feelings. I stopped the Celexa and continued the Xanax. I quickly saw improvement. I'm sad that this didn't work for me. I was hoping to finally find a regimen.

April 8, 2013 8:32 PM

Review by beok (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I have suffered with depression and anxiety for the past five years. Gained almost 100lbs due to emotional eating and no energy to work out. I have tried Zoloft and Paxil and I stopped because I felt numb. Not depressed anymore but not happy or even content.....just numb. Just a month ago I started taking 10mg of Celexa and I finally feel like my old self. Suddenly I'm interested in things again and I'm not suffering from negative thoughts racing in my brain. I am hopeful and I have confidence that I can handle situations like I used to. I hated leaving my house, almost as much as I hated being left alone with my children. Now all is calm.

155 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 5, 2013 6:32 PM