User Reviews for Citalopram

Also known as: Celexa

Learn more about Citalopram.

Severe Mood Dysregulation 0 reviews 0 medications

Vulvodynia 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Citalopram reviews 724 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Citalopram

Review by MrBreeze (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: Been on citalopram 5 weeks now. Getting better, only side effect I had was yawning. Feel big difference, been on many medicines for panic disorder just like most of us have it seems to be working.

August 9, 2013 8:27 AM

Review by MollyCey:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: Had severe postpartum depression after my oldest was born. I thought that my experience was "normal" and due to the daily fatigue that new parents experience. Halfway through my second pregnancy I spoke with my OB about the crying/anxiety and sadness I experienced after her birth and she decided to put me on 10 mg Celexa; what a God send! With my husband deployed and a scary pregnancy this was exactly what I needed to cope and prepare with the new changes. I didn't feel so hopeless after he was born and the overwhelming feeling that had plagued me before was gone. I now take 20 mg to deal with my SADD and hectic job working in a Level 1 Trauma ER and it does the trick. I love Celexa and owe my positive parenting and job to the company. Thank you.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 1, 2013 8:33 PM

Review by linzijay (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Four days in, 10mg citalopram. Really notice a change, my constant anxiety attacks my breathlessness and fear of dying have subsided, have had no side effects. That was my greatest fear. I read too many horror stories on it over net but I am glad I finally took them after a week of pure fighting the fear of it.

August 1, 2013 5:04 PM

Review by SDS#2:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: Severe panic attacks, couldn't drive much, never on freeways, bridges, etc. I can do it now after so many years of being unable to and even housebound for a while.

185 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2013 1:38 AM

Review by Jose d (taken for less than 1 month):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I feel better. But I feel that I can't focus. As well my left side of my face is tingling. I going to stop and call my doctor. This is not the first I taking this medication and never had this side effect.

July 27, 2013 8:44 PM

Review by Happy:) (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I would say I have seen a complete turn around in my depression. I use 40mg of Celexa and Xanax proscribed three times a day if needed. I usually take two Xanax before bed to fall asleep. I've been on it a year and can say its been a a blessing. Didn't start that way! I chose to stick through some of the side effects and gradually increased my dosage. From 10, 20, 30 now 40 mg which I take every morning. Now I feel the balance. When in need, I spoke with my Doctor to increase if I was not feeling to my full potential of the medicines. Still working on my anxiety around people! Doing better from where I started. GOOD LUCK ALL!

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 27, 2013 12:29 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I was suffering from extreme panic disorder, could barely leave the house, didn't think I would ever feel like myself again. I was put on Celexa and within a few weeks I started doing things that I thought I would never do again. I didn't think I would be able to go to college but with the help of Celexa I went off to college and felt like myself again after a few months. It was still a struggle at first, don't get me wrong, it is not magic, but it makes the panic manageable. I would definitely recommend the combination of this and CBT.

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 25, 2013 3:32 PM

Review by braziej (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I have found my stress tolerance threshold has dramatically increased since starting Celexa. Anxiety is better but not much.

July 25, 2013 2:05 PM

Review by celexa (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: Positive mood changes after using for several weeks. However, on this medication sex drive is practically non-existent for me (Male).

July 24, 2013 5:39 PM

Review by Recovering Abuser (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: Some years ago I began physically abusing my children and wife as the exasperation I was feeling steered my thoughts into a cycle of negativity and emotional upheaval. The abuse, which I intellectually knew was wrong, would nonetheless arise in my "fits of rage," or decisions to become emotionally abusive. With cognitive behavioral therapy, meditation and citalopram I am now nearly free from heralding such abuse upon those I love and I am so proud of myself as a husband, father.

July 23, 2013 11:02 PM

Review by ldd513:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: 25yr. Female. I started taking 10mg of Celexa after experiencing severe depression. I was having harmful thoughts, insomnia and anxiety in all aspects of life. I finally succumbed to the fact, I needed to take medication because therapy, exercise, positive thoughts and other outlets were not working. The first few weeks sucked. I had severe insomnia, couldn't eat and felt ramped up and clenched my teeth when I did sleep. I never had the zombie experience though. But a few weeks later, the world seemed more clear & happy. Celexa did nothing for my anxiety, I had to add Klonopin, but it worked for my mood swings and depression. I would go on it again if I had to. Just remember everyone has different brain chemistry.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 15, 2013 6:39 PM

Review by sec1 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I had terrible side effects from taking Tamoxifen. I was diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome, acid reflux, could not sleep due to hot flashes, cried all the time, often just felt like I had the flu. My oncologist suggested I try citalopram. My world is wonderful! I feel better than I ever have. Not only did it help tremendously with the side effects of Tamoxifen, but it has also taken care of anxiety and depression that I had been living with, but never did anything about it. I have no side effects from the citalopram, except weight gain. I am working on that, though. All my family and friends are amazed at the difference in me. I have been taking 20mg for over a year.

July 9, 2013 7:23 AM

Review by Julz82:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: Just started Celexa, and already I noticed the more feeling of calm, and calm is not something I think I've ever been, I get angered easy, upset, cry, feel overwhelmed, hopeless, feel better off dead, mood always up and down because of how many losses I have had in my life, feeling like a failure, you name it, I really hope this helps me long term. I've noticed a difference already and am optimistic.

216 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 4, 2013 12:46 PM

Review by frogger8 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I started having anxiety and the fear from that (worrying if I was having a heart attack) lead to straight up panic attacks. My DR. gave me to Celexa (20 mg) and after a few days I felt so much better, I didn't have to take my Xanax anymore, maybe 1 a week. It was great and after 2 months I came off. But about 7 months later my anxiety came back. So I gave Celexa another try, and at (20 mg) for 11 days, I felt in a fog, really tired and still had the anxiety. So after reading tons of posts, I lowered to 10 mg and I felt great!

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 3, 2013 7:56 AM

Review by Lynn L:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: My depression began at 14, with low self esteem & deep insecurities, but I was very friendly & popular. At 25, I took Prozac for 1 year (didn't like), then diagnosed with major ADD at 28. Adderall was a lifesaver, but after 15 years, still dealing with depression - especially seasonal. I was prescribed Celexa 2 yrs ago and it has worked wonders - keeps me feeling normal, happy and steady. BUT it makes me break out in sweat episodes 1-2 x a day. Uncomfortable. I thought it was pre-menopausal or hormone related (friends & OBGYN thought so too). Finally figured out it is more likely a side-effect of Celexa. (Could be dosage amount, 50mg?) I am just now switching to Wellbutrin & hope it's better.

June 25, 2013 10:35 AM

Review by Bones74:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I suffer from Severe depression/anxiety. Celexa for me is a miracle. Got my life back/sex drive through the roof! Little to no anxiety..no side effects other than some yawning/tired.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2013 5:09 PM

Review by Tden (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I had uncontollable moods of anger sadness and happiness. I looked for ways to fixing it with drinking heavily and sleeping all day. Celexa cured my moods of feeling the need to drink and calmed my worries about life. Without Celexa my life was uncontrollable eating and sleeping and worried all the time. With this I was able to wake up early, get into a workout routine, eat healthily and go back to school without feeling overwhelmed. My friends and family see this positive change in my life. I noticed after 3 months I had to up my dosage from 10mg to 20 mg. I wish the low dosage would last longer but as for that Celexa has helped me in every part of my life!

171 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2013 2:42 PM

Review by deardree (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I have been on this for a while now. I ran out, had to refill my script. I started taking it again, tonight. Within an hour, my thoughts were not heavy, the racing anger was lessened. I feel like a New Person. Thank whoever thought of this medicine. I'm like most though, the side effects, could be a lot easier on the body. Good luck out there.

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 22, 2013 12:21 AM

Review by mondaynightrain (taken for less than 1 month):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: First 2 days were euphoric and nothing could upset me. Then got more irritable and anxious. Stomach in knots. Then came depression & thoughts of suicide along with anxiety. Yawning all the time. This is day 7 and I left a message with my doctor this morning letting her know I couldn't feel like this for another week in hopes that it would possibly even out.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 21, 2013 9:16 AM

Review by Irish Camel (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I've been on this 7 day's and the side effects are not easy. Nausea, anxiety, sweating and hot flashes, dry mouth, plus headaches and dizziness.

June 17, 2013 1:13 PM

Review by allypally:

For Anxiety and Stress: I've only been taking it for 4 days- and I did have some side effects to begin with but I have to say that it's really lifted my mood.

June 14, 2013 2:30 PM

Review by younggirlbworld (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Citalopram really helped with my anxiety and depression. It stabilizes my mood and keeps me from feeling the physical symptoms of anxiety which really helps. I don't have constant mood swings and it takes a lot for me to get upset now. I don't really have too many side effects except for sinus problems and constant yawning.. don't know if anyone else experiences this. At first I could not sleep, and the pill made me a little nauseous but if taken with food the nausea goes away and dissipates. I was skeptical about taking antidepressants of any kind since this was my first one and I worry a lot. But this pill has made it easier to deal with things in a non noticeable way. I actually have started feeling like myself again.

June 14, 2013 1:58 PM

Review by Griptilian:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: Celexa really helped me get through my daughters death. I thought I could get through this on my own. I could not. My Dr. started me on 20mg. after 2 months I went to 40mg. and what a difference in my life. It will not take care of everything but it helps me with the depression. I feel so much better and can face the days ahead with a better outlook.

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2013 5:49 PM

Review by Bexii:

For Anxiety and Stress: Doctor gave me citalopram as I was having really bad anxiety attacks, the first 2-3 days were awful, I kept being sick, felt so tired, dry mouth and bad headaches. It is now just starting to work for me I am on 10mg. Got to give it time to work.

June 10, 2013 7:30 PM

Review by Jean Luc Perrier (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: It is awesome. I totally recommend Celexa. Do not be afraid of taking this: It really works: You will bathe in tranquility without feeling anything different: The best way to describe it is to be at a Spa relaxing yet fully awake and functioning normally. I am definitely converted and I am converting everyone I know. It works: I guarantee it.

269 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 31, 2013 5:59 PM