User Reviews for Citalopram

Also known as: Celexa

Learn more about Citalopram.

Severe Mood Dysregulation 0 reviews 0 medications

Occipital Neuralgia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Vulvodynia 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Citalopram reviews 811 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Citalopram

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was prescribed Celexa for my severe anxiety and depression. I was very doubtful of it because my main problem was my anxiety and I was told this was an antidepressant, but I decided to give it a try. I read about every review on this site, and I was scared to death since everyone got side effects. I even cried before I took it. I've been on it for a few days now. From day 1, no side effects. My anxiety has also slightly decreased already. I find that I am able to realize I'm feeling anxious and simply think "I don't care" and it instantly goes away. Please don't be scared off by the side effects. I have finally found relief in my life and can't wait for the next few weeks when it works even better."

Lexir (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2014

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I have had panic disorder for about 2 years now. I've been taking this medicine for a year of this. I had four ambulances rang to my house constantly thought I was going to die. This medicine has helped me a lot but my illness is very strong and still have severe panic attacks from time to time followed by migraines. It is very effective, it wont kick in for a month or so, so just hang in there things get worse before they improve. I take a 20mg dose by the way."

llrirkshsjsjdjjdjd (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 14, 2014

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "Best anti-anxiety medication for me. At 20mg it perfectly takes the edge off & allows me to focus with clarity at work & at home. I have been on Celexa for 10 years, tried Wellbutrin once thinking it might help with weight loss but it made me feel crazy & irritable, I did not like it at all. My daughter has similar issues as I do & Celexa did not work for her, she's going to try Prozac now. I think it's important to realize that everybody is different as is their chemical make up & what might work great for one may not for another."

CKay1104 March 13, 2014

142 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on Celexa for depression for thirteen years total, six the first time, two years medicine free, and then seven years up until recently. It had worked wonderfully until fall of this past year. I suddenly had nervousness and anxiety not experienced before while on Celexa. I told my doctor and he switched me to Trazodone. I miss that Celexa was once a day treatment, while I have to take Trazodone multiple times per day because it wears off. Sad that Celexa started causing anxiety after so many good years on it. Be watchful, because some MD's do not acknowledge anxiety as a possible side effect of Celexa."

T02S March 12, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress: "Celexa changed my life!! I went from being constantly worried/ anxious to feeling calm and capable all the time! Even my coworkers noticed how much better I handled stress and how relaxed I seemed. At first I did experience side effects such as stomach upset, difficulty achieving orgasm and sleep troubles but all of these ceased over the first month. The only side effect I still have is I am slightly more somnolent during the day, but it is well worth it for the positive effects. I didn't gain weight either! I wish I had gone on this med years ago."

Laman96 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress: "The doctor had too take me off it because I was starting to itch badly. I was on 10 mg."

missyd78 March 5, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress: "I'm a 27 year old male and I take this for anxiety & depression. I went into a deep anxiety attack where my mind went into a dark state of mind and I couldn't seem to get out of it for about a week until the medicine kicked in but it was so worth it! I feel at ease now and I'm not overly worried about every little thing anymore. The pros far out weight the cons, but here's the side effects that I experienced during the first week: nausea, insomnia, no appetite hardly and more anxiety. Thankfully about the 5th day into taking it, I felt like me again! I had this sense of joy and happiness that made me feel great. Some males say they had a sexual side effect where they couldn't "climax", but I didn't have that problem one bit. Saved my life."

Mark S. (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress: "My first time using citalopram I was on 10mg a day. My first couple days was difficult. Nausea, dizziness, terrible migraines. I had to excuse myself from work for a couple days til I adjusted. My moods did improve, and I took the meds for 6 months. I stopped taking them because I hated relying on meds for my emotional control, and the sexual dysfunction that accompanied it made me more anxious and it put rifts in my relationship. I was off meds for about 7 months, and since that time I've gone through some traumatic experiences that have made it hard to stay in control. So I'm now 4 days into my second try on the meds. I've started at 20mg this time around. 2 days of side effects. We will see how this one goes."

Cait69266 February 20, 2014

For Panic Disorder: "I must say, I went to this very site and read such great reviews about this medication that I was sincerely relieved when my doctor told me that he recommended I try this medication out. I cannot stress enough how HAPPY I have become over the past few weeks. Panic attack free, full night sleep, good and positive energy (most of the time). Celexa (citalopram) really has done a complete 180 for me. My panic attacks typically consisted of shakes/tremors, tightness in my chest/throat, sweating, fast heartbeat, and a sleepless night. Since day 1 of starting this medication, I've been panic attack free. Only side effects were occasional dry mouth and yawning for me . Definitely recommend this medication!"

Mattie Boo (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2014

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I started taking this a couple of years ago during the end of a very stressful relationship. I started with 10 mg and eventually went up to the 20mg. This higher dose made me jittery and nervous. I couldn't concentrate or focus. I went back to the 10mg and stayed there. I feel happy and at ease. I laugh and little things don't make me have panic attacks. I have tried a couple of times to stop using this and within a few weeks the smallest things make me want to give up and send me into a few day depression. I would like to stop taking it and be my normal self. I love that I feel great on it but want to learn to feel this way without it as well."

despair February 17, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress: "Should have been on this 20 yrs ago, no more anxiety and suffocating panic attacks. I sleep like a log, am happy and incredibly patient with everyone around me. Every little noise doesn't bother me anymore, I see the humour more easily in all situations. Like I tell my brothers, you don't have to live feeling all wound up like an elastic band ready to snap."

Caranney64 February 14, 2014

For Depression: "Initially I started taking Citalopram because I began feeling depressed, first 10mg and then 20mg. As the months passed and the side effects diminished I noticed improvement with self-esteem and I began to realized how severely obsessive compulsive about things I was. What was so strange I could even feel tension leaving my neck and shoulders that I hadn't noticed before. My emotions no longer control me and I am not paranoid. I never realized how tense and anxious I was about almost everything. My only regret is waiting so long to get help. I didn't even realize that depression was only one area that I needed help in. I've given the boot to negativity, and I am feeling confident that I am on the right track now."

New Me February 11, 2014

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "I took 10 mg for a couple of months and started 20 mg two weeks ago"

M1tch February 10, 2014

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: "I have been dealing with severe anxiety and depression for 16 years and it keeps getting worse and worse. I have no drive or ambition, lost my girl friend and job came to an end. It finally made me realize that I have to do something about this problem. I have been totally against medicines and have always disregarded mental illness but I now think it is mental illness that has put me in this terrible place. I have started taking Celexa 10 (20mg) days ago and am so excited to see the results. I have not noticed much response yet but I am generally less negative and have more excitement for things that I once loved."

mpmpmp (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2014

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: "I've had stints of anxiety and depression throughout my life. It got much worse when I got to college. It took me two years until my family and friends wanted me to seek help. My doctor put me on 10mg of Celexa a day and I felt it the first day! Felt so much better and more productive. I'm back to my normal self and not scared/sad to experience the things I used to enjoy."

Verton February 10, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "Im a 20 year old female, been on Celexa for about 4 days now. I was pretty skeptical reading all the reviews and some negative ones really scared me, but I decided to take it anyway. So far I am liking the medicine. Little side effects such as a mild headache that seems to come about 5 min. after I take the pill, drowsiness (which is why I take it at night) and a tiny but of nausea. Nothing to major like I thought. Oh! and also no panic attacks, which is one of the main reasons I started taking this. Celexa has given me a sort of "calm, relaxed" feel. But I also feel more uplifted. I'm not sure the right word. I'm not energetic but I feel energized, which is great. I would recommend trying this if you suffer from frequent panic and worry."

amdam22 (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2014

251 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was going through very intense life issues that caused major anxiety and depression. I went on citalopram and it worked well for a while. Eventually I was taking 40mg until that starting making me angry and manic. So I lowered to 20mg. Things have been going so well lately that I finally feel I am ready to get off ad. I cut my dose to 10mg and honestly felt amazing! So happy. So alive. So energetic. I stayed at 10mg for 2 weeks then cut it to 5 mgs. At first I was ok. But its been 11 days since I cut to 5mg and I honestly have been having a terrible time. Incredible amounts of anxiety, jittery, extremely agitated at the smallest things. I am trying to stay at 5mg and just push through it."

A may may (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2014

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "Been on Celexa for three months. It took a couple weeks to adjust to mild side effects such as heartburn and a general feeling that I'm full or not hungry. However, I no longer have those side effects and I feel great now! I have social anxiety and for the first time in years I feel happy and more confident in social situations. I feel normal and have nearly no negative thoughts any longer."

Eleni217 February 5, 2014

179 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Postpartum Depression: "After I had postpartum depression after 2 weeks of giving birth then my 9 months through it got really worse. I would always snap at my boyfriend about the little things. I got irritated very easily and would cry everyday. All I wanted to do was sleep. I also tried counseling before deciding to take medicines. I just felt like a horrible mom. I took Celexa and after a week I felt the change in me right away. I felt more about things and my anxiety went away. I had more energy to do things and more motivated to do things. I love being me again."

shnbsng February 5, 2014

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: "I've been diagnosed with moderate depression in December. I've been in therapy with a psychologist since October. I lost my job, didn't go to school, broke up with my boyfriend, I was pretty much a mess. I had no motivation whatsoever. I basically secluded myself. I started Celexa 3 weeks ago and WOW oh WOW. I feel so happy. People noticed that I've changed and seriously the first week on Celexa was hard but it's so worth it. Stick with it, give it a chance. The only problem I have with Celexa is that it takes me forever to achieve orgasm but whatever I still have a sex drive which is very good. I got my boyfriend back, yay. Now I'm back to school, found a new job. I mean I got my life back on track and I am so happy with the results."

imhavingagreatday (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2014

167 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "Been on Celexa now for a month at 10mg daily. So far so good. I feel a lot better and a lot more relaxed and calm. No panic attacks or anything like that. It's been great. Going to doctor in a couple weeks for follow up appointment. Going to see if I can start on 20mg. I feel that will even work better."

Bill71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 30, 2014

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "After having unsuccessfully tried Prozac, I was apprehensive about how effective Citalopram was going to be. It definitely takes a while (for me five weeks) before you notice the benefits, and I had the common side effect of severe nausea for the first few weeks. I don't want to wax lyrical but I can honestly say that it changed my life, I felt that the issues that I experienced which made everything seemingly impossible were no longer such a problem. I started to be able to live a normal life again, and felt a greater sense of control over the way I felt and acted. I would count it as one of the best decisions that I have ever made."

LaylaH585 January 26, 2014

For Panic Disorder: "I've found it to work great for depression. But the panic attacks are severe. I got 2 kidney stones was off citalopram. 3 weeks stayed off 1 month no panic attacks. No hard heart beat but I get teary eyed."

jimsinmotion1 January 26, 2014

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "I was optimistic when starting this medication for uncontrollable anxiety. I have previously tried Lexapro and Zoloft with success and haven't needed any medication for several years. I had a horrible experience with Celexa even at only 10mg. After my first dose I immediately felt bad. I dreaded taking it every night due to the body twitching and anxiety producing effects I felt within 45 min of the dose. Eventually I was having anxiety attacks everyday as well as feeling generally anxious all day. I had to discontinue it after 1 week due to the worst panic attack I've ever had. The withdrawal effects were horrendous, too--flu like."

Mimi_h (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress: "I am on my 2nd day of taking Citalopram. I have felt a little off from the side effects but I also noticed I have more energy and have felt "happier" and more patient (especially with my daughter) I'm only 24 and I am not on any other medication. I have tried to handle my depression and anxiety on my own until it was ultimately consuming my life and happiness. So far this medicine seems to be working- even though I know you are not suppose to notice anything until a couple weeks. I never wanted to be on any type of medication and if you're leery about starting like I was don't be ashamed. Sometimes we can't handle everything on our own and it's okay to admit it and seek help."

Hanna7775 January 12, 2014

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 10 11 ...Next