User Reviews for Citalopram

Also known as: Celexa

Learn more about Citalopram.

Severe Mood Dysregulation 0 reviews 0 medications

Vulvodynia 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Citalopram reviews 623 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Citalopram

Review by CedarSage87401: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: Works great. I feel like myself again- positive, energetic, interest in activities has returned.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 18, 2014 10:54 PM
Review by Minime1234: User Rating:

citalopram for Anxiety and Stress: I'm 19 years old, I've suffered from depression, stress, bulimia and anxiety for several years. My background is Chinese, therefore my parents are very judgmental (not all Chinese parents are) but they don't really believe in such kind of illness and they will lose face if any of their friends knew what was wrong with me, one day I couldn't bare it so I went to the doc, she gave me citalopram 10mg. This is my second day, I've experience dizziness and diarrhea but apart from that I feel like I've been more happy and positive.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 18, 2014 4:51 PM
Review by Tom182 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

citalopram for Depression: I have been taking Citalopram for about 2 months now. I was in a horrible state of anxiety, depression and de-personalisation. It had completely taken over my life. This medicine has been a life saver - however it only started to work for me after the first month of taking it. I want to encourage people to persist with it like I did, and hopefully you will experience the same benefits. Good luck to all.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 17, 2014 8:30 PM
Review by gourmetv0mit: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I'm a 16 year old female. I was diagnosed with depression, anxiety disorder, anorexia and bulimia about 2 years ago. I attempted suicide 3 times and I really thought there was no hope. Zoloft did nothing for me. It was awful. But then along came Celexa and its awesome. I no longer wake up and feel like I'm drowning and my lungs are going to explode. I can get up out of bed and not hate everything. I can go about my day without worrying about every little thing. I no longer get panic attacks. It's awesome. I have lost weight too. I totally recommend Celexa, best things I've ever tried.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 11, 2014 3:28 PM
Review by JennayJellybeans: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: This is seriously a miracle medicine! Ever since I went on this, it kicked in within a couple of weeks and after 3 weeks or so, my anxiety has been completely GONE, no more problems at all! I was having problems swallowing food and just swallowing my own saliva in general because of generalized anxiety disorder, every single day, it was hell, but this medicine seriously pulled me out of a dark hole and I've been on it since. Thank you Celexa! I'm so much happier on it.

April 9, 2014 12:09 AM
Review by Sleepymama: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: Day 2 of Celexa for anxiety. Ended up with headache, panic, dizziness, racing heart and thoughts. My typical anxiety wasn't even as bad as that. Day 1 seemed okay, but after day 2 I'm not happy with it. No more for me thanks!

April 3, 2014 2:18 AM
Review by AliDianne (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I think I waited to long to start taking this medication. I too along with many others was against "happy pills" as I used to call them, I started having anxiety attacks at work and my emotions were starting to bleed into every aspect of my life, I had to do something. Depression is sneaky... you don't realize what its doing to you until you can step out of it and take a breath a real clear minded breath. That what Celexa has been for me. It made me soo tired at the beginning and I didn't eat much, but after about a week I noticed I was not crying all day like before. I cant say I feel super happy all the time but I notice that I am not as sad and I have energy to do more than lay on the couch on the weekends!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 1, 2014 9:48 AM
Review by Notbluelady: User Rating:

citalopram for Depression: Been depressed since 13 years old. Didn't take an antidepressant until late 50's. Resisted, tried everything else. Still have to do work, like therapy, exercise, diet, rest, mental care, but this is like a Miracle for me. Never even knew how depressed I was before. Now I am only anxious. Ha ha. Have to work on that, but it is much better to be anxious than, anxious and depressed.

March 25, 2014 11:47 AM
Review by ktodary1 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

citalopram for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have PURE obsessive compulsive disorder and I switched from Prozac after 13 years to citalopram and I started with 10 mg for 5 days then 20 mg and at the beginning I was having side effects like unable to sleep but after 2 weeks it kicked in and I feel back to normal and it saved my life and a few obsession but I can control it, I would recommend this medicine.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 25, 2014 10:00 AM
Review by Bill71 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

citalopram for Anxiety and Stress: Started Celexa January 2 at 10 mg then went up to 20 mg February 2011. So far so good. The 10 mg was working ok but the 20mg works great. Wish I would have started this treatment years ago. It works great. I'm a lot more calm and no panic attacks.

March 24, 2014 2:54 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

citalopram for Depression: I had a very positive experience with citalopram. It literally saved my life when I was in the worst emotional abyss in my life. Depression is the worst illness I have experienced in my life and this particular medication worked wonders for me. It started working after about 2 weeks and I stayed on it for roughly two months. I discontinued taking the medication after just 2 months because I did not want to become addicted to it and living on medication for the rest of my life was a scary concept. The only main side effect I experiences was loss of sleep while I was taking the medication. I am doing fine for now but if at any point I experience the symptoms coming back, I'll be happy to get back on this medication.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 23, 2014 9:00 AM
Review by hippy bill (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

citalopram for Depression: While I didn't quite get to where I wanted this isn't a bad medicine. It made me a lot more relaxed and happier than I had been but just didn't get me any further than this so changed to Remeron. Big mistake, so now been changed again so hoping to get there someday.

March 18, 2014 9:12 AM
Review by Lexir (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

citalopram for Anxiety and Stress: I was prescribed Celexa for my severe anxiety and depression. I was very doubtful of it because my main problem was my anxiety and I was told this was an antidepressant, but I decided to give it a try. I read about every review on this site, and I was scared to death since everyone got side effects. I even cried before I took it. I've been on it for a few days now. From day 1, no side effects. My anxiety has also slightly decreased already. I find that I am able to realize I'm feeling anxious and simply think "I don't care" and it instantly goes away. Please don't be scared off by the side effects. I have finally found relief in my life and can't wait for the next few weeks when it works even better.

March 16, 2014 5:36 PM
Review by llrirkshsjsjdjjdjd (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

citalopram for Panic Disorder: I have had panic disorder for about 2 years now. I've been taking this medicine for a year of this. I had four ambulances rang to my house constantly thought I was going to die. This medicine has helped me a lot but my illness is very strong and still have severe panic attacks from time to time followed by migraines. It is very effective, it wont kick in for a month or so, so just hang in there things get worse before they improve. I take a 20mg dose by the way.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 14, 2014 9:40 PM
Review by CKay1104: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: Best anti-anxiety medication for me. At 20mg it perfectly takes the edge off & allows me to focus with clarity at work & at home. I have been on Celexa for 10 years, tried Wellbutrin once thinking it might help with weight loss but it made me feel crazy & irritable, I did not like it at all. My daughter has similar issues as I do & Celexa did not work for her, she's going to try Prozac now. I think it's important to realize that everybody is different as is their chemical make up & what might work great for one may not for another.

March 13, 2014 11:13 PM
Review by T02S: User Rating:

citalopram for Anxiety and Stress: I have been on Celexa for depression for thirteen years total, six the first time, two years medicine free, and then seven years up until recently. It had worked wonderfully until fall of this past year. I suddenly had nervousness and anxiety not experienced before while on Celexa. I told my doctor and he switched me to Trazodone. I miss that Celexa was once a day treatment, while I have to take Trazodone multiple times per day because it wears off. Sad that Celexa started causing anxiety after so many good years on it. Be watchful, because some MD's do not acknowledge anxiety as a possible side effect of Celexa.

March 12, 2014 8:45 PM
Review by Laman96 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

citalopram for Anxiety and Stress: Celexa changed my life!! I went from being constantly worried/ anxious to feeling calm and capable all the time! Even my coworkers noticed how much better I handled stress and how relaxed I seemed. At first I did experience side effects such as stomach upset, difficulty achieving orgasm and sleep troubles but all of these ceased over the first month. The only side effect I still have is I am slightly more somnolent during the day, but it is well worth it for the positive effects. I didn't gain weight either! I wish I had gone on this med years ago.

March 11, 2014 11:00 PM
Review by missyd78: User Rating:

citalopram for Anxiety and Stress: The doctor had too take me off it because I was starting to itch badly. I was on 10 mg.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 5, 2014 11:33 AM
Review by Mark S. (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

citalopram for Anxiety and Stress: I'm a 27 year old male and I take this for anxiety & depression. I went into a deep anxiety attack where my mind went into a dark state of mind and I couldn't seem to get out of it for about a week until the medicine kicked in but it was so worth it! I feel at ease now and I'm not overly worried about every little thing anymore. The pros far out weight the cons, but here's the side effects that I experienced during the first week: nausea, insomnia, no appetite hardly and more anxiety. Thankfully about the 5th day into taking it, I felt like me again! I had this sense of joy and happiness that made me feel great. Some males say they had a sexual side effect where they couldn't "climax", but I didn't have that problem one bit. Saved my life.

February 23, 2014 1:59 PM
Review by Cait69266: User Rating:

citalopram for Anxiety and Stress: My first time using citalopram I was on 10mg a day. My first couple days was difficult. Nausea, dizziness, terrible migraines. I had to excuse myself from work for a couple days til I adjusted. My moods did improve, and I took the meds for 6 months. I stopped taking them because I hated relying on meds for my emotional control, and the sexual dysfunction that accompanied it made me more anxious and it put rifts in my relationship. I was off meds for about 7 months, and since that time I've gone through some traumatic experiences that have made it hard to stay in control. So I'm now 4 days into my second try on the meds. I've started at 20mg this time around. 2 days of side effects. We will see how this one goes.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 20, 2014 2:42 PM
Review by Mattie Boo (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

citalopram for Panic Disorder: I must say, I went to this very site and read such great reviews about this medication that I was sincerely relieved when my doctor told me that he recommended I try this medication out. I cannot stress enough how HAPPY I have become over the past few weeks. Panic attack free, full night sleep, good and positive energy (most of the time). Celexa (citalopram) really has done a complete 180 for me. My panic attacks typically consisted of shakes/tremors, tightness in my chest/throat, sweating, fast heartbeat, and a sleepless night. Since day 1 of starting this medication, I've been panic attack free. Only side effects were occasional dry mouth and yawning for me . Definitely recommend this medication!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 19, 2014 11:59 PM
Review by despair: User Rating:

citalopram for Anxiety and Stress: I started taking this a couple of years ago during the end of a very stressful relationship. I started with 10 mg and eventually went up to the 20mg. This higher dose made me jittery and nervous. I couldn't concentrate or focus. I went back to the 10mg and stayed there. I feel happy and at ease. I laugh and little things don't make me have panic attacks. I have tried a couple of times to stop using this and within a few weeks the smallest things make me want to give up and send me into a few day depression. I would like to stop taking it and be my normal self. I love that I feel great on it but want to learn to feel this way without it as well.

February 17, 2014 10:59 AM
Review by Caranney64: User Rating:

citalopram for Anxiety and Stress: Should have been on this 20 yrs ago, no more anxiety and suffocating panic attacks. I sleep like a log, am happy and incredibly patient with everyone around me. Every little noise doesn't bother me anymore, I see the humour more easily in all situations. Like I tell my brothers, you don't have to live feeling all wound up like an elastic band ready to snap.

February 14, 2014 2:37 PM
Review by New Me: User Rating:

citalopram for Depression: Initially I started taking Citalopram because I began feeling depressed, first 10mg and then 20mg. As the months passed and the side effects diminished I noticed improvement with self-esteem and I began to realized how severely obsessive compulsive about things I was. What was so strange I could even feel tension leaving my neck and shoulders that I hadn't noticed before. My emotions no longer control me and I am not paranoid. I never realized how tense and anxious I was about almost everything. My only regret is waiting so long to get help. I didn't even realize that depression was only one area that I needed help in. I've given the boot to negativity, and I am feeling confident that I am on the right track now.

February 11, 2014 1:30 PM
Review by M1tch: User Rating:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I took 10 mg for a couple of months and started 20 mg two weeks ago

February 10, 2014 5:27 PM