Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Citalopram

Also known as: Celexa

Learn more about Citalopram.

Severe Mood Dysregulation 0 reviews 0 medications

Vulvodynia 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Citalopram reviews 736 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Citalopram

Review by Gelly:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I am taking Celexa 20 mg for four months now, and my depression is better I am not crying every single moment I still have anxiety, but for depression works☺️Also I am more sociable now it takes a few months though

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 26, 2015 11:30 AM

Review by gator 13:

For Anxiety and Stress: I was given this due to the anxiety side effects from other meds I've have to take. My doc said 20 mg at bed time. I've taken it 2 nights I won't take it any longer. It turned an anxiety attack into 2 all day attacks. Supper jittery, very uneasy, on edge, guts won't stop rolling and every little stressful thought gets my heart pounding.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2015 6:37 PM

Review by kraw:

For Anxiety and Stress: I had just starting taking citalopram for About 3 days and I can already tell what a difference I feel! I had such such horrible anxiety! Every time I would think of something that was putting stress in my life, my heart would hurt! Now..... I don't feel anything hurt at all. ..well.... not nearly as bad at least. I know this medicine takes couple weeks to feel full effect, but I can tell a big difference already only on day 3, 20mg! :)

March 16, 2015 3:50 PM

Review by Useless Tablets:

For Anxiety and Stress: I've been on Citalopram for 5 months now and it hasn't helped me at all. I haven't had any bad side effects to show it's actually working, and I haven't had any improvement with my anxiety and depression.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2015 9:30 PM

Review by DonnaJoyce:

For Depression: Pharmacy said it could be crushed (have hard time swallowing pills) PLEASE DON'T CRUSH ! I got too much at once...now just cut in half .... Drug stores have pill splitters if it's not scored. ALWAYS GET 2nd OPINION

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2015 8:15 PM

Review by KatVonFarsta:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: Helps post traumatic stress disorder that has turned into chronic depression and irritability. Side effects is nausea, appetite gain and tiredness, in my case, but I also have hypothyroidism and clogged arteries. Helps enough to be worth it for good in my case.

March 13, 2015 3:50 PM

Review by Evilmage (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: This medication made me feel like I wasn't real and I lost 6 weeks of my life while on it, hoping it would work. It did help with anxiety because I felt nothing and had no energy. Would not recommend at all if you need energy. Did not make me physically sick like Zoloft though, which had similar effects.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2015 2:16 PM

Review by Bpd & depression (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: The effects were almost immediate . Calmer , depression lessening anxiety not as bad. appetite gone nausea and fatigue only side effects.

March 10, 2015 1:31 AM

Review by Satisfied User (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I finally realized over a decade of having suicidal thoughts and images continue in my head and chronic emotional pain that would always keep coming back strong that I needed help. Since I've used Celexa it has honestly changed my life. I still feel emotions. I'm still sad sometimes. But I see the light at the the end of the tunnel every day now. I am grateful every day. I never want to go back to how I felt. For so long I was in denial, but it truly did help me.

March 6, 2015 3:13 AM

Review by mowergoalie (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I found citaprolam 10 mg dose using for three months has stopped my gambling addiction straight away. I also stopped feeling paranoid and depressed.

February 23, 2015 3:39 PM

Review by Sonia69:

For Depression: I started this in Janurary if 2014 and It has made a huge difference but I feel that over time you adjust to it and it stops working

February 18, 2015 9:50 PM

Review by PM4ever:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: After going through a series of tragic events I was clinically depressed. My doctor put me on Citalopram for the depression. I also told him that I thought I was also obsessive/compulsive since I just couldn't turn my brain off from going over negative events. I felt like I was going insane. He said that the Citalopram was also good for O/C disorder. Although I don't usually like taking medication (don't even like to take an aspirin when I have a headache) I have found Citalopram to literally be a life saver. I have not had any side effects whatsoever. I work 14 hour days in the film industry and this medicine does not make me tired. I take 20 mg at night.

February 18, 2015 6:32 PM

Review by Jools_1:

For Anxiety and Stress: I was reluctant to take any antidepressant, thinking I could cope and would 'snap out of it'. Feeling like my life was spiralling out of control, panic attacks daily and increased depression, I gave Citalopram a go. Initially I had headaches, and still have a dry mouth at times. No other side effects. Within a week an overwhelming sense of calmness took over. I find it difficult to get angry, and life is so much better. Panic attacks are non existent and I now have my life back and feel great. The change is amazing. I wish I had taken Citalopram months ago.

February 11, 2015 12:50 AM

Review by Haylie S (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: Within a few weeks of starting Celexa my depression disappeared almost completely. The side effects that are the most noticeable for me are tiredness, weight gain, and sensitivity to light. The stuff does its job, but the side effects are a bit hard to deal with.

February 8, 2015 1:55 AM

Review by Snowflake57:

For Depression: Started taking Citalopram 8 months ago for severe depression. First couple of weeks a bit scary but soon started to feel better. 8 months down the line I'm feeling better than I have felt for years! Lost weight, because I'm eating a lot healthier, therefore, I have more confidence now, which surely must be a help with depression. Sleeping better too. Still have the occasional bad day (but everyone does at some time or other) but no more dark thoughts. Yes, Citalopram works for me. So find a treatment that suits you and you will recover. Good luck.

February 3, 2015 9:14 AM

Review by cakes232:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I've only been on Celexa for 5 days. I understand that this will not be an entirely accurate review of the medicine, because it takes about 4 weeks to get the full effect, but my experience is worth sharing for those just starting. Reason for being prescribed: -anxiety associated with emotional stress -depression (seasonal) -inability to sleep due to anxiety -panic attacks (only about 5 in a 2 month period) Days 1-2: 10 mg - felt awful. I felt anxious, foggy-headed, weird... Day 3: I was quiet, but full of energy. Some trouble sleeping (woke up in the middle of the night) Day 4: Tired because I didn't sleep well that night. Midday exhaustion. Somewhat antisocial. Still "myself" though. Day 5: General good mood, positive. Productive.

February 2, 2015 5:01 PM

Review by Miss Michelle Renee (taken for less than 1 month):

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: Celexa was a miracle for me. I was struggling with debilitating depression and anxiety, but after 6 weeks on Celexa, I feel almost myself again. It does take the full 6-8weeks to kick in, so make sure you give it at least a few months to get all the benefits.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2015 9:29 PM

Review by MonicaK (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I'm 26 years old and have been suffering from health anxiety. Every time something hurts or I get a gas bubble in my chest I think I'm dying and will have a panic attack for hours. It was putting a strain on my life in everyday possible so I sucked it up and went to the Dr. Also, I have a fear of taking meds so this wasn't easy. I decided to take my 10mgs at night after reading about drowsiness, yet I do not get drowsy. The morning after my first pill I woke up with what felt like a terrible cold that only lasted till the next day. I was sneezing like mad which is something I never do. I know the Dr. said it would take weeks to work but I'm telling you I feel great. The things that once terrified me now have no power over me.

January 31, 2015 8:03 PM

Review by Anna1238 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I can't say a bad word about citalopram because it worked well for me. I quit smoking and was so happy, started going to yoga. After couple months I had to stop taking it because had a horrible rash and sexual dysfunction obviously...I wasn't happy about it and my boyfriend thought that it's his fault.

January 30, 2015 5:12 PM

Review by Fizzletots (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: It works well for anxiety. Difficult to orgasm, get really sleepy if I drink (esp. Scotch/liquor), but other than that definitely more chill. Sleeping better, chest pain I was having from anxiety has virtually disappeared after 6 weeks on 20mg. Going to keep on it for 6 months then taper & reevaluate. Gained 10lbs and liking carbs more. Seems related to the meds.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2015 7:14 AM

Review by zillafish (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I suffer from anxiety, OCD, bipolar, and depression. This medication has made me sluggish and slow because of that I have gained weight which has just added to the stress and anxiety. It has done nothing for me. My anxiety is still intruding on my life. My OCD is not being helped because my anxiety is not being dealt with.

January 29, 2015 4:58 AM

Review by Sales guy (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: Absolutely changed my life. Sleeping habits greatly improved. Sudden stress disappeared. Sense of calmness I haven't had in decades returned.

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2015 9:54 PM

Review by Stephanie19_h (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: This medication changed my life for the better. I suffered severe anxiety and panic attacks 2 1/2 years prior to taking the medication. I feel like I am my old self now, and can fully enjoy my life, friends, family and develop to my full potential. Would definitely recommend to anyone facing similar issues. You don't have to suffer. There is definitely hope.

January 28, 2015 4:22 PM

Review by Shorts2 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I've been taking 20 mg for 4 days. It's been 4 of the most bizarre days of my life. I take the medicine around 6pm, feel good until I go to sleep, and then wake up with extreme anxiety around 3 am. I then fall back asleep and struggle to accomplish anything at work the following day. I am unable to say a word to anyone in the office and just stare blankly for 8 hrs. Prior to depression/anxiety, I was a top performer at an aerospace company living in a beautiful house. I have been relegated to living at home, being a bottom feeder at work. Despite experiencing death and major losses depression has easily been the singlemost crippling experience of my life. Hoping this turns around

January 27, 2015 1:07 PM

Review by ronmon06:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I had to start taking Celexa after my mom died 4 years ago and I must say it worked for me. Well my dad died last July and my stress shot out of the roof and my doctor added buspirone and I took it until I felt better and then I quit all my anxiety medicines altogether back in December thinking I got this. Well I had a week long anxiety attack that landed me in the ER. Don't stop taking your medicines just because you feel good. Now I have to start all over again but I will be better now.

January 26, 2015 6:47 AM