Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Citalopram

Also known as: Celexa

Learn more about Citalopram.

Severe Mood Dysregulation 0 reviews 0 medications

Vulvodynia 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Citalopram reviews 752 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Citalopram

Review by Kayak33:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: For many years I had been trying to live with anxiety until it reached a point when I realized I needed help. I often felt stressed and anxious with simple activities like going to the store, and couldn't hold a job or stick with things. Celexa made me happy again, helped me look at life as a glass half full, not empty. Started on 20, noticed some improvement but not complete relief...increased to 40, and then feeling great decided I no longer needed medication. Tapering off, withdrawal symptoms included: dizziness, shakiness, nausea, etc...also, anxiety returned full force. I'm back on it, I gave it an 8 because as effective as it is, therapy is an important component to include with treatment. I'll probably stay on this for many years!

April 25, 2015 1:55 PM

Review by 19piper91:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: This medicine has been very helpful to me. I have always been very reluctant to try medications. This medication has stopped the crying everyday, the constant anger, and helped significantly with anxiety. I have been on Celexa for almost 3 months and I feel a little better everyday, it just takes time. I've had night sweats, light headaches and not slept as well as I used to since starting this medication. However, for me, the benefits are outweighing the side effects at the moment and I will continue to use Celexa until that is no longer the case.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2015 2:59 PM

Review by Me myself and I:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I love this medication is has changed my life. Love it love it love it.....

April 24, 2015 10:28 AM

Review by Skepticalbeneficiary:

For Anxiety and Stress: Life transforming. I've always resisted the idea of medicating mental states, but after a year of utterly out-of-control and misery-making anxiety, I was persuaded to give it a try. Within two weeks my levels of anxiety had dropped significantly, three months in I feel positive and able to cope with my enormously stressful work situation. This medicine has transformed my mental state. I do feel more tired on it, and am perhaps experiencing a certain loss of mental sharpness, but that's a price I am happy to pay in exchange for despair, panic and regular suicidal thoughts. I never expected to find myself buying into "big pharmaceuticals will make you happy", but this has helped me regain control of my life.

April 23, 2015 4:51 PM

Review by Saritaaa:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I have been on citalopram for a couple months now and I absolutely love it. The only side effect I had was dizziness the next day after the first dose, but it went away. As of right now, no side effects at all, and I have noticed that I am more independent and more confident than I have ever been. Before this medication I took Paxil, which was horrible. The side effects were the worst and the withdrawal (which I have read about) is bad as well, but I got over it. Before Celexa I would be afraid to talk on the phone and do basic things like calling insurance companies, cable companies, etc. But now I have the confidence to call anyone and the change has been night and day. Highly recommend this medication!

April 22, 2015 12:44 PM

Review by CD2:

For Anxiety and Stress: I started taking Celexa 14 years ago after the death of my father. I had always had panic attacks, anxiety everyday, but never sought help. After my father passed away, I could not cope with the anxiety, so off to the Dr. I went. I did my research beforehand and asked the Dr. for Celexa. I started out at 10mg and then went to 20mg and have been there ever since. My life completely changed, I didn't realize what a hold the anxiety had on me. I will never be without my Celexa and the Dr. said I could stay on it forever, it won't hurt me. I wished I would have listened to my Dr. 30 years ago when he suggested an SSRI for the anxiety, it would have spared me so many years of being inside the walls of anxiety.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2015 8:06 AM

Review by Emma L:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I was hesitant for years to ever be put on medicine for anxiety/depression, but once it had significantly gotten worst into my "adult" years (mid-20's), I decided it was time. I cannot say enough amazing things about Celexa. I have been on it for a little over two weeks (10 mg starting out and now 20mg) and wow. My only regret is that I didn't get put on this way sooner! My emotional state is so much better, I am rarely irritated, and I can deal with everything so much better without going absolutely crazy. It's truly amazing. I did have side effects at first- headache, light-headedness, going to the bathroom a lot, stomach upset, lump in my throat, clinching my jaw, but it was worth all that once I got past it!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2015 12:47 PM

Review by miss panic (taken for less than 1 month):

For Panic Disorder: I've only been taking this tablet for one week so far. Sadly for me my problems of panic and anxiety have became so much worse. Causing me to now have to take a beta blocker. I'm still on citalopram and my beta blockers and will see my doctors next week to see what I need to do. I will update you again.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2015 5:55 PM

Review by Melsie (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Anxiety and Stress: After years of suffering from ever-worsening anxieties, I finally told my Dr & she prescribed 20mg of Citalopram. I noticed w/in the first 20 mins or so of taking it I got super drowsy & dizzy. I have vertigo, & it kind of felt like that, but with the added drowsiness. This lasted for about a week & then stopped. The drowsiness only came back after I drank alcohol, but even that side effect has since stopped. My family remarked how happy & like myself again I was after about 2 weeks & that's when I realized it was helping. I did notice that I couldn't seem to shut up, I had an increase in energy, loss of appetite, excess sweating/sensitivity to heat, lost 25 lbs, had mood swings & extra trouble sleeping. I still feel way better now, though!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2015 3:37 PM

Review by thirty (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I stopped after a week due to significantly decreased libido; I'm giving it a few stars because I'm not sure if it would have eventually helped my anxiety and depression since I wasn't on it long enough.

April 14, 2015 2:05 PM

Review by yogini22 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: Starting Celexa was one of the best decisions I've made in my entire life. I had lost myself in a world of anger, darkness, fear, anxiety, panic attacks, and hypochondria. I was not myself. In fact, I didn't even recognize myself anymore. The first month of Celexa (10mg) was hell, to be honest. Side effects included upset stomach, nausea, numbness, weakness, brain "zaps", hot flashes, night sweats, panic attacks, anxiety, inability to sleep, the feeling of extreme heat within my body (difficult to explain), and strange awareness of limbs. After a month, I woke up one day" and was myself again. It felt like a weight had been lifted. I was free, happy, courageous, calm, and peaceful. I am about to meet the 1year mark - the serenity remains.

April 10, 2015 1:20 AM

Review by Hajoba:

For Anxiety and Stress: After having a heart attack at 55 years of age, I was prescribed citalopram. My only regret is that I didn't start taking it 30 years earlier. It has made stresses much easier to handle for me, and me much easier on my family. I think they should put it in drinking water (just kidding.)

April 8, 2015 6:49 PM

Review by smithy9886:

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Helps a lot with anxiety and depression but made me emotionally numb with a low sex drive (27 male here). I've been on them for about four months and am going off them. Don't use citalopram unless you really need to. I'm finding myself less motivated about life and apathetic towards a lot after being on them all this time.

April 1, 2015 12:54 AM

Review by Gelly:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I am taking Celexa 20 mg for four months now, and my depression is better I am not crying every single moment I still have anxiety, but for depression works☺️Also I am more sociable now it takes a few months though

March 26, 2015 11:30 AM

Review by gator 13:

For Anxiety and Stress: I was given this due to the anxiety side effects from other meds I've have to take. My doc said 20 mg at bed time. I've taken it 2 nights I won't take it any longer. It turned an anxiety attack into 2 all day attacks. Supper jittery, very uneasy, on edge, guts won't stop rolling and every little stressful thought gets my heart pounding.

March 19, 2015 6:37 PM

Review by kraw:

For Anxiety and Stress: I had just starting taking citalopram for About 3 days and I can already tell what a difference I feel! I had such such horrible anxiety! Every time I would think of something that was putting stress in my life, my heart would hurt! Now..... I don't feel anything hurt at all. ..well.... not nearly as bad at least. I know this medicine takes couple weeks to feel full effect, but I can tell a big difference already only on day 3, 20mg! :)

March 16, 2015 3:50 PM

Review by Useless Tablets:

For Anxiety and Stress: I've been on Citalopram for 5 months now and it hasn't helped me at all. I haven't had any bad side effects to show it's actually working, and I haven't had any improvement with my anxiety and depression.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2015 9:30 PM

Review by DonnaJoyce:

For Depression: Pharmacy said it could be crushed (have hard time swallowing pills) PLEASE DON'T CRUSH ! I got too much at once...now just cut in half .... Drug stores have pill splitters if it's not scored. ALWAYS GET 2nd OPINION

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2015 8:15 PM

Review by KatVonFarsta:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: Helps post traumatic stress disorder that has turned into chronic depression and irritability. Side effects is nausea, appetite gain and tiredness, in my case, but I also have hypothyroidism and clogged arteries. Helps enough to be worth it for good in my case.

March 13, 2015 3:50 PM

Review by Evilmage (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: This medication made me feel like I wasn't real and I lost 6 weeks of my life while on it, hoping it would work. It did help with anxiety because I felt nothing and had no energy. Would not recommend at all if you need energy. Did not make me physically sick like Zoloft though, which had similar effects.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2015 2:16 PM

Review by Bpd & depression (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: The effects were almost immediate . Calmer , depression lessening anxiety not as bad. appetite gone nausea and fatigue only side effects.

March 10, 2015 1:31 AM

Review by Satisfied User (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I finally realized over a decade of having suicidal thoughts and images continue in my head and chronic emotional pain that would always keep coming back strong that I needed help. Since I've used Celexa it has honestly changed my life. I still feel emotions. I'm still sad sometimes. But I see the light at the the end of the tunnel every day now. I am grateful every day. I never want to go back to how I felt. For so long I was in denial, but it truly did help me.

March 6, 2015 3:13 AM

Review by jlskpk:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: Celexa gave me my life back! I was going through a hard time and slowly but surely hit a wall with depression and anxiety and wasn't able to handle it. I wasn't sleeping or even able to eat, I felt alone and so far from myself. I'd never been on an antidepressant before so Celexa was the first and I had looked up all the side effects and was really scared to take it. Don't let the side effects or horror stories fool you. This medicine does help, it takes time to see the results but it does help.

March 5, 2015 11:07 PM

Review by Nikorah:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: My OBGYN suggested I take this instead of Wellbutrin and Zoloft. It helped but not like the other two. I switched back as soon as I could.

March 3, 2015 4:06 PM

Review by mowergoalie (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I found citaprolam 10 mg dose using for three months has stopped my gambling addiction straight away. I also stopped feeling paranoid and depressed.

February 23, 2015 3:39 PM