User Reviews for Citalopram

Also known as: Celexa

Learn more about Citalopram.

Severe Mood Dysregulation 0 reviews 0 medications

Vulvodynia 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Citalopram reviews 724 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Citalopram

Review by mowergoalie (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I found citaprolam 10 mg dose using for three months has stopped my gambling addiction straight away. I also stopped feeling paranoid and depressed.

February 23, 2015 3:39 PM

Review by Sonia69:

For Depression: I started this in Janurary if 2014 and It has made a huge difference but I feel that over time you adjust to it and it stops working

February 18, 2015 9:50 PM

Review by PM4ever:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: After going through a series of tragic events I was clinically depressed. My doctor put me on Citalopram for the depression. I also told him that I thought I was also obsessive/compulsive since I just couldn't turn my brain off from going over negative events. I felt like I was going insane. He said that the Citalopram was also good for O/C disorder. Although I don't usually like taking medication (don't even like to take an aspirin when I have a headache) I have found Citalopram to literally be a life saver. I have not had any side effects whatsoever. I work 14 hour days in the film industry and this medicine does not make me tired. I take 20 mg at night.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 18, 2015 6:32 PM

Review by Haylie S (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: Within a few weeks of starting Celexa my depression disappeared almost completely. The side effects that are the most noticeable for me are tiredness, weight gain, and sensitivity to light. The stuff does its job, but the side effects are a bit hard to deal with.

February 8, 2015 1:55 AM

Review by Miss Michelle Renee (taken for less than 1 month):

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: Celexa was a miracle for me. I was struggling with debilitating depression and anxiety, but after 6 weeks on Celexa, I feel almost myself again. It does take the full 6-8weeks to kick in, so make sure you give it at least a few months to get all the benefits.

January 31, 2015 9:29 PM

Review by MonicaK (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I'm 26 years old and have been suffering from health anxiety. Every time something hurts or I get a gas bubble in my chest I think I'm dying and will have a panic attack for hours. It was putting a strain on my life in everyday possible so I sucked it up and went to the Dr. Also, I have a fear of taking meds so this wasn't easy. I decided to take my 10mgs at night after reading about drowsiness, yet I do not get drowsy. The morning after my first pill I woke up with what felt like a terrible cold that only lasted till the next day. I was sneezing like mad which is something I never do. I know the Dr. said it would take weeks to work but I'm telling you I feel great. The things that once terrified me now have no power over me.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2015 8:03 PM

Review by Anna1238 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I can't say a bad word about citalopram because it worked well for me. I quit smoking and was so happy, started going to yoga. After couple months I had to stop taking it because had a horrible rash and sexual dysfunction obviously...I wasn't happy about it and my boyfriend thought that it's his fault.

January 30, 2015 5:12 PM

Review by Fizzletots (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: It works well for anxiety. Difficult to orgasm, get really sleepy if I drink (esp. Scotch/liquor), but other than that definitely more chill. Sleeping better, chest pain I was having from anxiety has virtually disappeared after 6 weeks on 20mg. Going to keep on it for 6 months then taper & reevaluate. Gained 10lbs and liking carbs more. Seems related to the meds.

January 30, 2015 7:14 AM

Review by zillafish (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I suffer from anxiety, OCD, bipolar, and depression. This medication has made me sluggish and slow because of that I have gained weight which has just added to the stress and anxiety. It has done nothing for me. My anxiety is still intruding on my life. My OCD is not being helped because my anxiety is not being dealt with.

January 29, 2015 4:58 AM

Review by Sales guy (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: Absolutely changed my life. Sleeping habits greatly improved. Sudden stress disappeared. Sense of calmness I haven't had in decades returned.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2015 9:54 PM

Review by Stephanie19_h (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: This medication changed my life for the better. I suffered severe anxiety and panic attacks 2 1/2 years prior to taking the medication. I feel like I am my old self now, and can fully enjoy my life, friends, family and develop to my full potential. Would definitely recommend to anyone facing similar issues. You don't have to suffer. There is definitely hope.

January 28, 2015 4:22 PM

Review by Shorts2 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I've been taking 20 mg for 4 days. It's been 4 of the most bizarre days of my life. I take the medicine around 6pm, feel good until I go to sleep, and then wake up with extreme anxiety around 3 am. I then fall back asleep and struggle to accomplish anything at work the following day. I am unable to say a word to anyone in the office and just stare blankly for 8 hrs. Prior to depression/anxiety, I was a top performer at an aerospace company living in a beautiful house. I have been relegated to living at home, being a bottom feeder at work. Despite experiencing death and major losses depression has easily been the singlemost crippling experience of my life. Hoping this turns around

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 27, 2015 1:07 PM

Review by ronmon06:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I had to start taking Celexa after my mom died 4 years ago and I must say it worked for me. Well my dad died last July and my stress shot out of the roof and my doctor added buspirone and I took it until I felt better and then I quit all my anxiety medicines altogether back in December thinking I got this. Well I had a week long anxiety attack that landed me in the ER. Don't stop taking your medicines just because you feel good. Now I have to start all over again but I will be better now.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2015 6:47 AM

Review by Carissa1991 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I had severe generalized anxiety disorder when my doctor prescribed Celexa to me. I had awful symptoms including, severe nausea and stomach turning, headaches, restlessness, drowsiness, tired during the day, oversleeping, lack of focus, and the list goes on! Celexa has really leveled me out. I can focus and I'm not making myself sick over minor everyday stress. I'm happier and more balanced. I couldn't have asked for a better result. I'm currently on a 40mg dose and it has worked consistently for nearly a year.

January 26, 2015 1:01 AM

Review by grassmunchy (taken for less than 1 month):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I've just started this, I've taken 2 doses and I know it's supposed to take a couple of weeks to start to work, but I can already feel a difference.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2015 11:51 AM

Review by NJP817:

For Anxiety and Stress: About 2 months on citalopram, starting taking it for headaches and anxiety attacks caused by stress from work, college, and a lot of life changes at once. Wasted a month refusing to take it because I was "too good for medication like this" and because of the horror stories I'd read. After a couple weeks it helped soooo much, I could have my life back without the constant worry of where and when I would have anxiety attacks. I can finally have relaxing evenings at home. No problems other than slight drowsiness the first few days and a lot of sexual dysfunction the first couple weeks.

January 22, 2015 11:04 PM

Review by doggies (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I had to quit smoking, and was deep in the throes of everything mental. Called my doctor, and he prescribed Celexa...one-half pill (20 mg). I was furious! Half a pill? They either didn't have any idea what I was dealing with, or didn't care. I griped, but I started that night, with my little `1/2 pill. The next day I didn't even think about a cigarette until I realized I hadn't thought about them! I love Celexa.

January 18, 2015 5:07 PM

Review by justbeinghonest14:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I have been taking it for 8 months. I noticed a dramatic difference. Most negative thoughts are gone. But I still have times. A lot. Where I think and feel the way I did before. I know this isn't magical and going to take the pain away. Just wanted you all to know that it helps a lot.

January 17, 2015 7:24 PM

Review by Bettsann (taken for less than 1 month):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I just started taking 10mg Celexa the evening of Jan 14, took another one same time next night. Next morning I was miserably sick. Nausea, more wretching than vomiting, weak, headachey, all over sick feeling... This was like (but this time much worse) the reaction I had when I started Prozac. Dr. agreed that my first bad reaction WAS to the Prozac, called yesterday and said I won't take more Celexa. I am done with SSRI's. I am wondering if anyone else has had this same reaction...

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 17, 2015 12:19 PM

Review by Ser85 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I was on this for a little over a year and all it did was make me gain 30 pounds. I started taking it for anxiety and it helped, but then I became very depressed. It also made me crave carbs..hence the 30 lb weight gain. I'm on Cymbalta now and doing SO much better.

January 12, 2015 9:39 PM

Review by Brightfuture01:

For Postpartum Depression: After I had my child I soon started to cry, be angry all the time, felt bored of life, nothing excited me. So I was suggested to take Citalopram, it started to work within 3 weeks I only got headaches and a little bit of diarrhea. Then I finally felt like there was light at the end of the tunnel my anxiety and panic attacks also went away nearly a year I have to decided I want another child so I am slowly ( with doctors permission ) coming off so far a little cloudy some days but so far so good. Trying to stay positive. Depression can be fixed with the right treatment speak up.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 10, 2015 8:03 AM

Review by weeshy:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I started Celexa last April after having tried numerous other antidepressants. It took a good 6 weeks for me to really get the full effect of the medication, but it has changed my life. I found it to be subtle, effective, and lasting without any side effects. I really think it's a matter of your personal brain chemistry whether an antidepressant will work for you. It's worth it to keep trying to find one that fits for you.

January 6, 2015 8:25 AM

Review by polar queen:

For Bipolar Disorder: It's worked well with Topamax and if needed Xanax. The best combination. Since I was diagnosed bipolar at 15. Withdrawals are bad if I forget to take it.

January 5, 2015 1:07 AM

Review by lizual (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Celexa has helped to improve my mental status but the physical symptoms/side effects are another story. In the month I've been taking it I've had headaches, nausea/upset stomach, extreme fatigue, some insomnia, diminished appetite and more. I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow to get off of this medication.

January 3, 2015 1:58 PM

Review by Keepit100 (taken for less than 1 month):

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I've suffered from depression/social anxiety for years. After a recent breakup, my depression spiraled out if control. My doc put me on Remeron for about a month which did nothing Except help me sleep. In the past I've taken: Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Lexapro and Buspar. I was just prescribed 20mg Celexa a week ago and WOW-the constant racing cynical voices have been silenced-instead of picturing worst case scenarios I'm picturing best case scenarios-I haven't felt this "at peace" feeling for SO LONG. I'm excited, because the dark cloud is lifting more by the day. I haven't experienced any side effects.

December 31, 2014 1:09 AM