User Reviews for Citalopram

Also known as: Celexa

Learn more about Citalopram.

Severe Mood Dysregulation 0 reviews 0 medications

Vulvodynia 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Citalopram reviews 664 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Citalopram

Review by tacjam:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: AMAZING.....after 1 week I could sleep, all panic attacks, seating, fear of dying, heart racing stopped. Have never been better.

September 9, 2014 4:20 PM

Review by psugirl2030:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I have had anxiety for over ten years. 2 years ago I started having severe panic attacks and anxiety. I tried Luvox, Prozac, and now I am taking Celexa. The first did not do much for me and the Prozac made me feel like I was out of my body and gave me really bad side effects. Celexa is amazing I am taking 20mg 2x daily. Highly recommend!

September 6, 2014 10:16 PM

Review by billabcdefg246 (taken for less than 1 month):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I was given 10mg and a week later he went up to 20mg. So far I have had constant yawning, sweating attacks, nausea and now diarrhea. I also have problems sleeping at night and this made me tired in afternoon, but I now split dose, 1 before bed and one when I get up...that has helped the symptoms and they are less bothersome now. The sweating is the worst, I ordered Odaban and it is wonderful! You can even apply it to your face and head and that is where I sweat. I have not have any more feelings of doom and gloom and excessive worrying. I feel like I am getting back to normal but it's been 2 weeks and I'm not there yet. So I guess so far so good.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 2, 2014 11:56 PM

Review by cdmf:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I'm a 25 year old female and my doctor prescribed Celexa to help me manage my anxiety. I've been on it just shy of 3 months. I started with 10 mg and increased to 20 mg after about 2 weeks. My initial side effects were dry mouth, decreased appetite, sleepiness and low libido. The first few nights I was on Celexa I also found myself suddenly waking up in the middle of the night in a panic. This also happened after my dose was increased. After almost 3 months on Celexa, all the side effects have disappeared, except my sex drive is completely non-existent. Overall I feel very relaxed and my anxiety symptoms have significantly decreased.

September 1, 2014 2:38 PM

Review by jmpatton (taken for less than 1 month):

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I have taken 4 doses of Celexa thus far. I noticed changes about 24 hours in. Prior to starting I was very out of it, sad, withdrawn, had urges to hurt myself, no appetite, nausea/vomiting, anxiety, etc. I saw my doctor for my worsening depression and she added Celexa to my other meds (Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Geodon). I had been on that combination and the same dosages since May 2014. My boss noticed major negative changes since May. Today I am a little dizzy and nauseous, but otherwise, feeling much better, which is weird. I am not used to this feeling. I was worried this was too drastic of a change because it had been only 24 hours, but after reading other reviews, I am optimistic.

August 30, 2014 5:20 PM

Review by Billa420 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: So I was severely depressed for over a year for a very stupid reason. I wouldn't leave my house, my condition was very bad. I was having panic, anxiety, suffering etc. So, I decided to start this medicine. Would say comparing to Zoloft this is much better, my initial days were horrible I could not sleep and it took about 3 weeks for me to start feeling better. But after a month of use, even though I was sleeping well, I noticed during the days I had very little energy and felt very lazy. So I decided to quit rather than increase dose. After a month and half use I quit cold turkey and am feeling much better and don't feel any withdrawal symptoms, hope this helps.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 26, 2014 5:50 PM

Review by ChangingMeds03 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I took Celexa (citalopram) for about 8yrs. I started at 20mg dose and worked up to 40mg over the yrs. I found I was happier in the summer, and with my doctor's help would decrease my dose for a bit, but in winter I'd bump it back up again. Mood wise, Celexa did wonders for me. I was able to live happily for yrs. Missing a day or two was hell, between the brain zaps and bouts of crying I was a mess. The downsides: my libido disappeared. COMPLETELY. Gone. I used to have a very healthy sexual appetite. I also gained about 60lbs while taking this pill. I can't blame it all on the pill, but it didn't help. Overall it was a great mood enhancer, but take it with warning.

August 21, 2014 11:44 AM

Review by Lise71:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: This is my 12th day on Citalopram and already I am noticing a difference. I was on Effexor for over a year and it was okay but started getting really anxious and having panics attacks all over again, more frequent, and also really sad a lot, so decided to talk to my doctor about switching. He said "Citalopram is my go-to medicine, and it's a lot cleaner than most." I love reading the positive reviews. It gives me high hopes. The first week I did feel a bit off but I know you just have to wait it out and things will look up. So far so good! Good luck everyone!

August 12, 2014 10:51 AM

Review by Sylaethas:

For Trichotillomania: I haven't had eyelashes since I was five years old, and I am thirty years old now. I Started taking citalopram in June and haven't pulled an eyelash since - I am actually having to get used to the experience of having therm in my field of vision!!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2014 1:43 AM

Review by test123456789:

For Depression: great

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2014 6:08 AM

Review by Beulah888:

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: I began taking Citalopram while having severe headaches: the haze caused by the aches gave me severe anxiety- so I began taking this while finding a solution. I'd always had a bit of anxiety, and bouts of moderate depression, and I noticed after about three weeks of taking Citalopram that I consistently felt glad to be alive- for the first time ever. Living, the tasks associated with it- often feel like a chore, leading to a general cynicism for me. I began at 10 mg: and the new found joy of life was accompanied by a constant need to sleep. 12 hours a day- and lethargy in between. The drowsiness was so bad I couldn't study, so I had to switch to 5 mg. I'm less tired, less happy and more anxious. Compromise. I also take 25 mg Nortriptyline.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2014 4:25 PM

Review by Hobbito (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I need help. I'm 16 years old and I've been struggling with depersonalization and derealization. It started after a massive panic attack and during the panic attack my body felt numb my heart was going crazy my vision also went weird and after that nothing's been the same I fell very detached and like I'm in a dream. I went to my GP and he prescribed me 10mg of citalopram with 50 mg of stresam. It's now day two and last night I woke up sweating and felt as if I was twitching I also have stomach pain and I feel very anxious and scared that it won't work and I'm very panicky about taking it after reading the side affects I can't stop over thinking and I feel I'm on the verge of having another panic attack I'm so nervous and I need advice.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2014 2:07 AM

Review by RiverSparks:

For Depression: Saved my Life very effective.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2014 5:21 PM

Review by amelia ann:

For Anxiety and Stress: I started this medication in February for stress and anxiety. I was worrying about anything and everything. I couldn't sleep, eat or no motivation for months. I was put on 10mg and feel so much better. I am happy again, sleeping and no longer sick on a morning. It took a while with some ups and downs along the way but stick with it because its worth it in the end!

July 28, 2014 11:58 AM

Review by HeatherB85:

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: I'm 29 years old...(Mother of 2 boys) I lost my grandma (who raised me) on June 10th (My birthday). She was my everything. This is the first time I've experienced losing someone this close to me. I've had a very difficult time dealing with is, crying everyday....and it has affected me at work with having less patience for things...anxiety, etc. Which I already had anxiety at night before she ever passed away. I've been on Celexa for 5 days and I haven't cried since then. It has made me feel more calm....more understanding of things. My anxiety has subsided a great deal....the only down side is I'm having a little bit of insomnia which I know is a side effect. I'm optimistic about the future now.

July 26, 2014 3:57 PM

Review by AnnetteGW:

For Depression: Please tell me it gets better. I started taking Citalopram about two days ago an I am so tried and sleepy I can not even function. The first day I slept like 20 hours straight. I am on 20mg a day but I feel really jumpy and tired all the time. I am taking classes online and I can not even get the energy to do that. Will this go away after I stay on them a while. Going to call my doctor on Monday and see.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2014 12:00 PM

Review by bentleys mommy (taken for less than 1 month):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: Literally one week of medication and I'm feeling great! I was up at 7:00 am this morning, wide awake. For anyone who knows me, that's amazing. I was ready for my day and made it a productive one. Thank you Celexa you have given me my life back.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2014 2:40 PM

Review by Britt 25 years old (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: This medicine is incredible. I had about four months of out of the blue, never had it before in my life terrible panic and anxiety. I was to the point I was throwing up every morning and constantly worrying and thinking about it. I finally went to the Dr. after crying and feeling miserable for days/months. She prescribed me Celexa 10mg to ween on (minimal side effects nauseous and a little more tired than usual, but I take it at night) then a month later I went to 20mg and I'm happy there. Absolutely no more anxiety or panic and I don't feel like an emotionless zombie I feel just like myself. My sex drive is normal just takes a bit longer to get there.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 23, 2014 7:09 PM

Review by Knomge:

For Anxiety and Stress: Works great for me. I had severe crippling anxiety. If you work out while on this medicine you feel great.

July 12, 2014 3:26 AM

Review by Scootscat (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: Here we go again with these meds. I have severe depression. The best that I can say while taking this medicine is that I was just depressed. I have no energy and that is saying something because I take 60mg of Adderal daily. To be fair, I don't know if it was the depression that wiped me out or this medicine. I need to exercise and enjoyed it in the past, but I couldn't do ANYTHING on this. My doc gave me a script for Luvox. Wish me luck.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 11, 2014 12:22 PM

Review by k mansar (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: After putting off getting help for a very long time....I am on 40mg a day, started off with 20mg. I also need to take beta blockers to calm my nerves. But overall these tablets are great. Don't be worried about side affects, everyone is different and you may not get any. I do feel very tired and less energetic, but in reality I was a little like this before the medication from being mentally exhausted. Only thing I find is that if I miss one tablet (from taking 2 a day), I suffer for days. I was also very ill after having a very small amount of alcohol on them (so I just stay tea total now). But they certainly take the edge off and I don't feel like a zombie on them :)

July 10, 2014 4:54 AM

Review by HappyMomAgain (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: 35 yo female, wife, three kids - 11 yo son and 4 yo twin girls. I went through therapy which helped A LOT but I was still struggling. I was very impatient, easily agitated, would lash out at my family. I was basically driving everyone away from me. My doc suggested citalopram and I hesitated at first, then decided to take it. I noticed a difference from day one. My twins definitely put the meds to the test, but I was able to deal with them as a patient, rational adult. Side effects - sleepy a lot, sweaty a lot, occasional upset stomach. My husband has noticed how much better I am too. I REALLY hope the sleepy, sweaty beast goes away, but other than that I truly am happy, functional, fun to be around again. Thank goodness!

July 8, 2014 2:02 PM

Review by Woodsy13 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I had some personal problems at home that seriously took their toll after about 4 years of "getting on with life" as a full time working mum to a toddler and not looking after my mental health. Once my daughter started school, I FINALLY took the long-overdue step to do something about how I was feeling - exhausted emotionally, constantly tearful, low self esteem, anxious with doom-filled thoughts and a constant sense of failure. I was prescribe Citalopram but held off taking it for 24 hours as I was convinced I was going suffer from all the adverse side effects I'd read about. However, within 4 or 5 hours of taking my first pill I felt notably brighter, more balanced and with a better sense of equilibrium - I truly cant believe it!

June 30, 2014 4:57 AM

Review by londonfever:

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: This medicine changed our lives for a couple of bucks a month! My husband had suffered with generalized anxiety disorder for years but until I was at the end of my rope and googled his symptoms we had no idea. We went to our doc, explained his symptoms, he prescribed Citalopram and oh my goodness life is as it should be. My joke is, my husband doesn't like me when he's not taking his Citalopram!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2014 9:22 AM

Review by Bill71 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: Started Celexa 10mg beginning of January for stress and anxiety. Went to 20mg in February. This medicine is truly great. I never really had all the side effects. I can truly say I feel 100 percent normal now. No more anxiety or panic attacks. I feel like a normal person again. Probably be on them forever but if I feel great then who cares.

136 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 23, 2014 2:23 PM