User Reviews for Citalopram

Also known as: Celexa

Learn more about Citalopram.

Severe Mood Dysregulation 0 reviews 0 medications

Occipital Neuralgia 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Vulvodynia 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Citalopram reviews 828 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Citalopram

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was a depressed with extreme generalized anxiety disorder. I was a total mess to the point I couldn't function properly on my daily life. I was put on valium (Diazepam) but it's a very temporary fix, plus it's extremely addictive. So my doctor change my medication and put me on 20 ml of Citalopram (celexa) a day. What a life saver it has been. Depression has disappeared 100% and my anxiety is gone 80%. Only side effects I'm noticing is my sex drive, it's almost gone. Also I feel slightly tired sometimes. But it's totally worth it. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too."

SofiaLondon (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "This medication did not help me. I took it the first time today and after a few hours waves of nausea came over me and I've been sick 5 times in the past few hours. I also seem to be clenching my jaw very tight and shaking. I will not be continuing this medication."

aJ78271 (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2015

For Depression: "Waking up sweating bad in the night, tired all the time. I'm takin 30mg but apart from that I feel ok"

Anonymous July 27, 2015

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "I battled with severe panic attacks and generalized anxiety. It got so bad that I was unable to leave the house. The panic attacks would happen everywhere and would feel dizzy, sweat, have palpitations, and diarrhea. I would eventually run out of the store crying. I turned to my doctor who recommended 20mg of Celexa. After about 5 weeks of pretty harsh side effects such as extreme tiredness, restlessness, and agitation, the panic attacks stopped. Thanks to Celexa, I got my life back and was able to go out again. It was a lifesaver. I've been on it for about two years now, and have started to successfully wean off. The reason I didn't give it a 10 is because it took a while to kick in and the side effects were pretty severe."

MisoCat July 27, 2015

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "Celexa 10 mg for social anxiety, 2 wk of side effects. IT WORKS. I can feel my emotions. (I would walk on glass to get another prescription). Tried Prozac and Zoloft with out success, they made me feel wired. However, everyone body are different. (Hang in there, it's worth the wait.)"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2015

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "June 23, Dr. prescribed 20 mg. of Celexa for social anxiety at work. I was running out of options. Thought I was going to have to stop working after 20 yrs. with the same company. My 15 year teen felt sorry for us. Tried Zoloft at first,made me very tired, more like a (zombie). The Celexa 20 mg. first dose, made me feel wired, scared, paranoid, more anxiety, I could not leave the house. A coworker who have very good success with Celexa recommended me to start with 1/4 mg. of a 10 mg. tablet and increase it when my body and mind work it out.....and it did! About every 5 days, However, the FIRST AND SECOND week I took off work and watch t.v. and went walking. Now I am at 10 mg. in 1 month. Social Anxiety gone,plan to increase to 15 mg."

Anonymous July 25, 2015

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: "I started this medication due to depression and uncontrollable panic attacks and anxiety. I started on 10mg and had very bad nausea, very tired and no appetite. The first two weeks were the same but the definitely by the 3rd week I could feel by body calming down and was quite pleased. Unfortunately, I started having awful tingling and burning in my arms, mostly the left. Now I have titrated off and now on Effexor, but I am still having the burning and tingling in the arm but have had only 1 panic attack. The first two weeks are hard but hang in there. It will be worth it!!!! I wanted to give up as well but I had to think about my family and that pushed me through. I'm not 100% but I can drive and socialize now without getting as panicked."

Be Patient July 25, 2015

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "This medication was a magic heal for me. I had suffered from depression and severe anxiety issues for years, being tested with various medications, head shrinkers, etc. my most recent doctor first met with me he instantly suggested this medication. Within four weeks I felt better, at my follow up appointment after eight weeks my doctor could tell the improvement I had made socially. He suggested I increase dose, I've had no side effects from it, and have had decent improvement so far. Turns out he was right and now after 2 weeks increased dose I feel like a different person. I'm not nervous to speak to others, I'm not irritable, shy, or depressed like I was before. For me, this was what I needed. Social anxiety and depression in the past"

Jiff1912 July 23, 2015

For Depression: "I had been on 20mg citalopram for the past 3months for PTSD and depression. Recently have been increased to 40mg. I can't sleep at night, have a dry mouth/always thirsty and noticed the other night how tight I clench my jaw when trying to sleep. Today I have a sick/knotted feeling in my tummy, eat to settle it despite not feeling any hunger but it doesn't help. Dreams have always been ok. Made a mistake of missing a few days and the nausea was horrendous will never forget to take it again. X"

EmmaR123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "This medication has saved my life!! I have always been a Type A person, a worry wart. However, as I approached my 40's I started having major anxiety attacks that left me feeling like I was going crazy. I was scared to death that I would never find relieve and was terrified about taking pills so I chose to go the natural route with herbs, meditation, exercise and diet. Those things helped but my anxiety was still out of control so I finally went to see a psych who prescribed Citalopram. The first 6 weeks were HELL with major increased anxiety, insomnia, loss of appetite. My doc prescribed Ativan to help while the Citalopram started working but I was afraid to take them (stupid!). After 6 weeks (30mg) life was wonderful. I'll never go off"

thankfulmom July 21, 2015

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: "Felt better in 2 days ! This is a miracle for me. Suffered with terrible depression for years. Also had severe anxiety and panic attacks. I have NO side effects from Celexa. It is WONDERFUL from my personal experience."

Brook Smit July 19, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "I started celexa a week ego for anxiety / panick atacks . I was prescribe a very low dose 0.5 mg a day and Xanax 0.25 as needed . So far a had experienced of body shake / tremors and fast and rapid heart beat as soon as I wake up. Has anyone experienced the same side effects ?? It is very annoying , sometimes I am even scare to fall asleep ."

motyl30 (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Minimal side efects 10mg early das but promising signs"

DAVEY NICE (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2015

For Depression: "When I first started this medicine I was dizzy, couldn't eat, shaking, nervous, sick, and much more. But after 2 weeks that all went away. I love this medicine I no longer suffer from depression or anxiety attack. The one thing I Dont like about this medicine is the irregular heartbeat. I Dont like that at all. But other than that this medicine is a miracle."

EricalS (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "Changed to this drug after being on mertazapine for 4 months and gaining 2 stone. At first had bad side effects of yawning and tiredness,but stuck with it and am so glad. Have no cravings or rise in hunger like i did with mert, and am generally much calmer. Suffer with anxiety /despression/ mild panic attacks.Definitely reccomend."

Rain1792 July 8, 2015

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: "Week1 dizziness, nausea, no appetite, foggy feeling, stomach growling. Week 2 same as before plus sweating, bad GERD,and insomnia. Almost stopped but decided to stick it out. Week 3 everything slowly disappeared. Now on week 4, much calmer, lost weight about 8 lbs, blood pressure dropped to normal readings, I have more energy now I am walking everyday, still feel like myself, not numb like some reported . Reason started was I had 2 deaths in a month and was losing it. In the past I have tried Prozac, lexapro, effexor, Zoloft and many others nothing has worked as well as celexa. My advice give it time, be patient . Like many things it's worth waiting for. Good Luck to all!!"

1happiergirl July 5, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I found myself struggling with the day to day after my partner's gambling addiction reared its head once more & couldn't keep it together to move us forward again. Put simply, the Citalopram let me keep it together. I could see solutions to problems, I could recognise blips for what they were & not the end of the world, I stopped constantly churning the negatives around in my head. I still had depth of emotion - when sad things happened, I was sad - but was able to be rational about the choices I could make. I was on 20mg a day for just over a year, weaned off to 10mg a day then every other day & am now off it. My life problems are still there but Citalopram gave me the kick start I needed to stop crying & live."

glitterpuss (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 5, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "I have been on 60mg of citalopram for the past year to treat panic and anxiety disorders. At first I was pleased that the medication seemed to be working but after a while I was feeling lethargic, tired and numbed. Not myself. I want to go off it but I am scared of what the side effects might be. I definitely don't want the panic attacks back but I feel that I am walking around half asleep. I want my normal energetic self back!"

desederia June 25, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've started this medication a week ago, and it works great! For someone who was always nervous over stupid stuff and worried about really nothing... This does help. I was to the point where I couldn't even sit in a car without flipping out or at least having a worry issue. Trust me, try this product. This has saved my life. I was down in the dumps for about a year or so dealing with this issue. This medication helped me a lot! I've watched some videos on YouTube about people and doctors saying "just get over it and get thru it". Yeah- easier said than done... I tried that method for 6 months! Never worked until my doctor prescribed me this! Hope this helped! I understand this med won't work for everyone.... But most of you it will."

Finally relief June 25, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've been on this medication for only 5 days and although most side effects normally aren't experienced until about 2 weeks after starting a new medication, with me the effects are almost instant as my body reacts to pills differently then most people, with that said, the only side effect I've had has been inability to orgasm what so ever I don't have a need to fake anything with my wife so she knows but it's just very annoying!!! Other then that, anxiety has been pretty good past few days, I generally avoid crowded areas but went to a couple and didn't have any problems so it's been good for me so far this week."

Lawsdeterious (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2015

For Depression: "I have been taking this medication on and off roughly for about 5 years now I think. I take it at night because it helps to shut my brain off and it makes me tired. My anxiety/depression manifests in knee, leg and body pain. I don't necessarily feel anxious or I don't think I am depressed, but obviously there is something there. As soon as I start taking this medicine again I can move. I can do stairs without cringing in pain. Little things in life don't bother me as much. I love it..so maybe this time I will just stay on it. I don't experience the weight gain or the sexual side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 16, 2015

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: "I started celexa 2 weeks ago and its been my life saver I had been depressed from my teens and never wanted help I refused I then had my little girl a year half ago become very angry and emotional but was in a bad relationship I was so sure I didn't need help and no pills to make me better about a month ago my partner robbed and left me for another women I became an emotional wreck just cried and cried going inside myself were family and work friends noticed and begged me to go get some help I went to doctors he gave me celexa and another calmer drug lozapam I think and within a few days they worked so much calmer no more crying or suidical thoughts I feel dumb no emotions in some way helped me a lot I feel a lot better person for my child"

Emma Louise June 15, 2015

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: "For those people considering taking Celexa, I also read other people's reviews and comments. It scared me, as I had never taken anything to cope with this depression that has been low lying for most of my life. I thought I could just cope, but coming from a family of reactive communications, I just thought that's how I was. But then I realized when I'm super stressed I feel myself hyper focused on the problem, and not the solution. My solution was to self soothe with food and give into laziness. I came to the conclusion that maybe if I can find something to smooth out these harsh feelings (edges), I would have the energy to give to myself to get back to gym, make better decisions when I'm stressed."

Necomer (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "50 year old female here. About 10 years I have been on this; it really takes the edge off! Much more calming. Prior, I realized I was slowly becoming my father - irritable, impatient, angry, negative. Little things irritated me. Felt 'rushed' all the time. Got worse as I hit 40-ish. Tried a couple of other anti-anxiety/depressants prior to Citalapram (Celexa), but couldn't handle side effects. Being on Citalapram (20mg), which didn't take long to kick in, I did NOT experience any side effects! And most important (for me), did not reduce my sex drive at all! Yes, still achieve orgasms! Tried to wean myself off it a couple times over the years, and went right back to 'slowly becoming my father'. So I am staying on this."

Lenova2012 June 14, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "When first starting this medicine I thought it was a God send .. The first 5 days I was able to sleep a whole 8 hrs & wake up with energy and I wasn't nervous all the time. I was calm in stressful situations that I normally exploded in so I was happy but on the 6th day I experienced the WORSE panic attack I had ever experienced. I had had a couple of panic attacks before but nothing like this & it lasted hours. I prayed and cried. Called 911. Called my parents I thought my life was over! I read some of the reviews on here and seen how ppl said stick it out it works. So I informed my Doctor and decided to stick it out. I am now nervous all the time having stomach cramps and can't sleep I'm giving it up! I hate these feelings "

Miana (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2015