User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Ciprofloxacin Review Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 62 medications used in the treatment of Kidney Infections.

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin to treat Kidney Infections

"Took Cipro for cystitis that turned into a mild kidney infection after Macrobid didn't do the trick. No serious side effects from medication except for drowsiness a couple hours after a dose... Not so bad when you're achy from a kidney infection. Don't freak out over reviews. It's worth remembering that most people taking antibiotics aren't feeling so hot anyway, so side effects nausea and aches could be due to illness as much as anything else. ALWAYS FINISH YOUR ANTIBIOTICS!"

HelloWorld2 (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Was given Cipro for a bladder infection. Took it for 5 or 6 days. Every day I felt sicker to the point that I couldn't even eat. Lost 10 pounds in three days. All I could do was sleep. My wife looked it up and found that this antibiotic has fluoride in it. No wonder I felt sick! I have never had a reaction to any other medications so this was new for me. Within 24 hours of stopping Cipro, I felt like myself again so I knew it was the medication. Fluoride, really? Can anyone say "Lab Rat". Never again!"

RFG4578 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2015

"I have had multiple kidney infection and urinary tract infections and NOTHING works better or quicker than Cipro. I also take cranberry pills along with antibiotic and this seems to help me flush my system as well as lots of water and cranberry juice. I find that I don't get relief for a couple of days (2-3). I do have one side effect and that is my joints hurt, but it disappears after the 3rd day of use (for me). Also, I wouldn't take on an empty stomach because it can and will make you nauseous. Otherwise, I would recommend for both urinary, bladder and kidney infections."

Ambmas May 24, 2015

"It hits with a stomach pain but after taking it days ago. I feel more better. Make sure you'll take the medicine with a heavy meal. You truly feel it cleanse."

Shenshenn October 29, 2014

"Was prescribed this medication along with Augmentin and Paracetemol following diagnosis of an advanced kidney infection. Four days later and I feel a little better in terms of the infection but the side effects have been awful. Constant feelings of extreme fatigue and weakness. Low energy levels; feels like the wind has been knocked out of me. Feelings of nausea and stomach ache for up to two hours after taking it! I have taken this medicine exactly as instructed by my local Pharmacist. Guess it just doesn't agree with me."

Lollagra June 29, 2014

"Had a kidney infection 2 years ago. The only side effect I had on these is feeling really sleepy/out of it at times. It also cured my diarrhea from my kidney infection. I had a terrible infection; fever, vomiting, couldn't eat for five days, diarrhea, and this cleared it right up. Don't be scared to try this medicine if it was prescribed to you. All because it happened to another person, doesn't mean it will happen to you."

ellipsis92 (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2014

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "I hate cipro. It sucks tne life out of me. I have no energy and it takes many , months to get better."

mball January 20, 2014

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "I have chronic urinary tract infections. Every time I know one is coming on, I go to my doctor and this is what is prescribed. This last urinary tract infection I couldn't get treated because I have no insurance and didn't have the money for the office visit. so I tried to wait it out or flush it with water. It eventually turned to a Kidney Infection and I was put on this medication. It does the trick within a day every time."

Review (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2013

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Cipro has worked well for both my wife and I over the years. Just remember to Not consume any dairy products during the days you are taking Cipro."

RobertPat (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2013

"Dear Antibiotic, I think by "may cause dizziness" you meant to say "may cause you to feel like you are stuck on a merry go round." Overall though ok, but for about an hour after I take it, I'm all dizzy. Other then that, its fine."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 25, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Caused bad stomach upset."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2012

"I got diagnosed with kidney infection yesterday and just started taking Cipro. It seems to be working quite well. Still have little pain and am bloated from the water but am doing okay."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Cipro is great! It can't be beat! If my name was Cipro, that would be neat! Clearing up the kidney infection I've had finally. I did injure my back while on it though, which is a possible side effect and it makes me feel like bad but the kidney infection is finally going away."

Scootypoo January 26, 2012

"I was given this medicine to prevent a kidney infection while having a kidney stone pass. It worked and didn't have too many side effects. I would recommend it."

krazy_in_ky November 9, 2010

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "I had a wicked kidney infection it took a while but Cipro worked."

ceccec September 2, 2010

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Cipro was working for me and just stopped.I started getting sick again halfway through the treatment."

Anonymous May 3, 2010