User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Ciprofloxacin Review Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 20 medications used in the treatment of Diverticulitis.

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin to treat Diverticulitis

"Was prescribed cipro 2x/day with Flagyl 3x/day and they seemed to work although not as quickly as other reviewers. Not sure if it was the cipro alone or the combination but nausea was the main symptom. I would be fine for a few hours after the Flagyl but within an hour of taking the cipro I would have to lay down due to nausea and exhaustion. Still taking it and counting the days. Hopefully will not have an occasion to use this again."

Gardengirl67 June 20, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Cleared up but terrible taste in mouth...but better than alternative."

wawah pain February 16, 2013

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "By day 6 Cipro was helping with the symptoms but I started having blurred vision. Day 7 vision even more blurred and had a headache and pain behind right eye. Doctor took me off Cipro and put me on Doxycycline."

Anonymous February 28, 2012

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Kills diverticulitis quick for me, typically by the 3rd or 4th dose."

hellotheremate December 20, 2011

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Last year, when I had my first diverticulitis attack (a bad one), I was put on Cipro and Flagyl. Condition did clear up although I was left with a nasty case of Thrush. This time only on Cipro - don't find the one medicine alone very effective. I'm nearing the end of my prescription (10 days of 2 per day) and still having some pain and nausea. Will see my doctor next week."

Anonymous August 12, 2011

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Have used once or twice a year for last 10 years and start to have relief within 24 hours with symptoms usually gone by day three. I take two a day after first tinge of pain (you know what I am talking about) and continue for one week minimum or two days more than symptoms persist. Makes me a little fatigued and I start to get diarrhea after about 4 days but it is worth it."

mature March 16, 2010

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Nausea after 3rd day. Some disorientation-dizziness on 6th day Nervousness-shakiness after 4 days. DOES KILL the bacteria well, though."

Anonymouos December 14, 2009

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Joint pain in elbow."

Anonymous November 22, 2009

"While the medication did work, as soon as the medication was stopped the diverticulitis came back."

JOHNBOY 6 May 8, 2009