User Reviews for Ciprofloxacin

Also known as: Cipro, Cipro Cystitis Pack, Cipro I.V., Cipro XR, Proquin XR

Learn more about Ciprofloxacin.

Ciprofloxacin Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 92 medications used in the treatment of Bladder Infection.

Reviews for Ciprofloxacin to treat Bladder Infection

"Within hours of taking the generic Cipro and AZO I felt much better. I was only having pain and urgency the morning before I went to doc. I'm on day 3 and the past two days I've been lethargic, groggy and bloated. First night had some anxiety but I think that's from reading the side effects before going to sleep (eeek). I have had some mood swings as well. Hopefully I only need to take it for 5 days instead of 7- waiting for my lab result of how severe the infection was- I hate taking antibiotics."

Hals (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2016

"I was experiencing pain in my right kidney, It wasn't a sharp pain, but more of a dull achy pain that was just uncomfortable. It went away the next day but would come back every other day. I then started to feel the beginning stages of a UTI coming on so I correlated the 2 together. the dr. took a urine sample but results have not come back yet. She says she thinks I have a bladder infection spreading to my kidney so she prescribed me cipro. After looking it up I read cipro is good for UTI, kidney and bladder infections so it should work perfectly fine. After my second pill my UTI was cleared up (hallelujah), but after taking 3 days my pain in my kidney is more constant than ever and stays 24/7 now. I hope it goes away soon!"

Savannahp_ May 12, 2016

"I've been on Ciprofloxcin for 3 days now for a urinary tract infection and I don't know what's worst...the pain from the actual infection or the horrible feeling this medication has given me. Every time I take it it gives me a headache, I feel drained and dizzy and give me this restless anxiety attack feeling. I hope that at the end of my 7 day cycle it will be worth it but so far I feel worst than better."

Cyndi27 April 6, 2016

"I got a UTI and was prescribed Cipro because I am allergic to Sulfa drugs. It took care of the UTI quickly, but I can't wait to get off it. I have two days left. I feel achy, tired, have indigestion and had nightmares. I read the side effects and they are all on there. Also, I cannot take any of my other medications because of potential reactions. I don't have any other choices, but I don't feel well on this drug."

robi51 March 21, 2016

"I have taken this medication several times for UTI'S and it works great! No side effects at all! I am on it now for a bladder infection! and I have had reieif within the first couple of hours. It's great"

Trais Gorl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2016

"2nd pill of 500mg bad side effects - I am Canadian - tingling in thumb - lips numb - eyes stinging - brain fog - neck.throat area weird feeling - like to touch it feels like you're not touching it with your hand - this drug is obviously POISON - a definite neurotoxin and should not be available for any ones consumption!!!!"

C-A-L (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2016

"Call me crazy but I think it worked after only one day. Only mild bloating/gas as a side effect. I'll finish it as prescribed but - seriously, it's fine. I took it with full meals and it worked like a charm!"

TropicAnna (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2016

"I loved this Medication! It helped honestly within maybe a day or so, downfall I got a yeast infection from it but I've gotten em before on antibiotics so I wasn't too surprised or shocked but other than that this Medication worked fine, I used it for bladder infection plus I had to use it before a kidney stone procedure as well ! Love it !"

HolMR (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2016

"I had to go to the doctor yesterday with urgency, I was diagnosed with a Urinary track infection, and vaginosis all the same time, and probably herpes as well, I haven't rated this yet because I just started the treatment. I have to take them every 12 hours for 7 days. I really hope it relieves by tomorrow, this is the worst pain ever, I wouldn't desire this to anyone. It is the living hell unfortunately. I can't even walk straight because of how bad it is. I've been crying like never before. The only way I noticed it hurts less to pee for me is when you are in the shower inclined forward. Like I said hopefully tomorrow the itching and burning goes away!"

Ellebana (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2015

"I am not sure after 10 days (as instructed) that the UTi is completely gone. But I do not want to take any more of this med as I have had sore shoulders and hips as well as mood swings during treatment. I have Lupus and I feel that to continue cipro would be dangerous for me"

ELL F November 9, 2015

"Best med ever for bladder infections. I thought I'd never leave the house but after the first dose I felt better in 4 hours. After the 2nd dose I feel almost back to normal. I've taken this med a LOT in my life with no side effects. Take it with food and plenty of water if you can."

Panikki (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2015

"didn't seem to really help all that much"

strawberry47 September 30, 2015

"Use D-Mannose... I was prone to lots of bladdef/Urinary tract infections after taking cipro. I found google post on D-Mannose and it worked great. I used it in powder for and it looks and tastes like powder sugar. Take a teaspoon mixed in water daily and you will NEVER have another infection.. Read up on it and on ciprofloxacin and don't ever take it."

ciprofloxician (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2015

"Ohhhhh where do I start! Well, I had the bladder infection for 3 days prior to going to the doctors. He prescribed me with cipro and the infection stayed the same. I gained many other side affects to this antibiotic to add to the wonderful pain and discomfort I was already in... nausea, diarrhea, headaches, and sharp stomach pains. Not impressed for I paid a whopping amount of 30 dollars! Not satisfied!!"

SensMomma (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2015

"If I could rate this drug lower then 1 I would. Last year my mother went to a local hospital to be treated for a routine bladder infection. A clearly untrained nurse gave my mother this drug, and she took 1 pill that afternoon. Within 45 minutes she had collapsed and had gone in to anaphylactic shock. The drug caused a chain reaction in her blood and she suffered total kidney failure. She spent 3 weeks in an intensive care unit, on the brink of death. Her whole body swelled with edema from around 76kgs to over 120kgs in the time she was in hospital, she couldn't move and had to be fed intravenously. Luckily she recovered and left hospital 4 weeks later."

Bobby L (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Second day into a 7 day cycle ...within the first 15 to 20 minutes ciprofloxacin gives me phantom sensations like flea bites..nothing major it goes away shortly after. The blood is clearing up in my urine but still a mild pain in my right flank. Hopefully this stuff gets rid of the bacteria for good. Feels like it is..other than a sour stomach it seems to be working"

nevermind boy June 17, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Started taking for bladder infection, got to day 2 of taking the medication when it started giving me random sharp stomach pains (wasn't having any dairy products either) and caused me to have panic attacks where I felt extremely dizzy. I had to ask for another medication."

Anon7384 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2015

"I've been prescribed Cipro several times and have never had a problem with the drastic side effects others have posted here. I usually have 60% relief within 6 hours of taking the first pill. By day two, the burning is pretty much gone. The frequency and bloating slowly resolve during the rest of the treatment days. I use AZO to help with pain at the onset, but usually only need to take 1 dose before the Cipro kicks in."

KateW May 14, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "I have to be on it for 2 months due to surgery and chronic bladder infection..women..please eat something and take a probiotic with this medicine. Working great! No complaints and no yeast infection..yay!"

jerzeegirl1 February 26, 2015

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "Cipro worked the first day for reducing the urgency, but I must not have eaten enough, because I felt like vomiting. The second day I had diarrhea, and the third day, I have the urgency back, but not as painful."

DlReed November 18, 2014

"I took Cipro (500mg 2x/day) for a bladder infection and the only side effect I got was some drowsiness. A few days into taking it, I made the mistake of reading medication reviews and I thought for sure it was going to slowly kill me. Well, I don't know if any other side effects are going to creep up on me in the future, but I can assure you that the actual course of medicine worked just the way it was supposed to, with no serious side effects. The conclusion--there are either a ton of people with pyschosomatic tendencies or I am some sort of anomaly."

ajmar (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2014

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Cipro (ciprofloxacin): "This medicine gave me the relief of symptoms of pain, urgency and frequency I needed quickly but I felt bad otherwise with overall fatigue and joint pain everywhere. Seven Days of that was worth it to me to rid me of that infection. But I worry if those side effects could worsen if I use it again in the future."

carrosa (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have very frequent bladder infections and I take Cipro. It always works except for this time. I took it twice yesterday as prescribed but I woke up every hour last night having to go. I've never had a problem with it not working, but maybe I'm developing an immunity to it because of the amount I get bladder infections."

Still Miserable February 10, 2014

"Cipro worked great for my urinary tract infection after 3 days of taking it I was back to normal. I would definitely ask your doctor for it if you have a UTI."

izack December 17, 2013

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Cipro is great! I feel relief after an hour of taking it but I also take Cranberry pills on the first couple doses to help with flushing... Pain is minimal after the first dose along with frequency."

MRaeS (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2013