User Reviews for Chromium picolinate

Also known as: Chromium GTF, Cr-GTF, CRM

Learn more about Chromium picolinate.

Chromium picolinate review summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 115 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Chromium picolinate to treat Diabetes, Type 2

Review by Silverfox45:

Has lowered my blood sugar from 7.7% to 6% sometimes it is lower than this. It also stabilizes my blood sugar quickly.

March 21, 2013 12:54 PM

Review by Pinbuster71 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I had type 2 diabetes. I started taking 500mcg of chromium picolinate and 500mg of cinnamon after my last A1c 5 months ago which was at 6.0 just had my last A1c done July 7 and my A1c was 5.5. My doctor was amazed and took me off my diabetes medication (Januvia).

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 16, 2012 11:18 AM

Review by Wendifly:

I tried adding this supplement to my daily insulin injection therapy, and was able to cut my insulin usage in half. I now have an A1C of 7.2, down from 10.4 only 2 months ago. I take 600 mcg. before meals 3 times a day and I feel great. I think this supplement needs to be studied and utilized way more often than it is.

February 1, 2012 2:56 AM

Very informative and I do appreciate the info. I am insulin dependent and do not have medical insurance. diabetes is an outrageously expensive disease with medications and diet. with it being so costly I figured I need an alternate route so I've been researching over the counter supplements with 1 of them being chromium. since taking chromium along with diet and exercise I've lost 30 pounds in 3 months and have my A1C down to 7.7 from 10.3. It's far from perfection but it is progress.

December 10, 2011 10:40 AM

Review by Stormy Ray Williams:

I used to weigh 463 pounds, my weight as of today is 211. I have been taking chromium picolinate for over 6 years now, watching my carbs, drinking water and sugar free kool aid. I started with 1 x 200 mcgs before each meal. Now I take 1 x 1000 mcg twice a day 1 before breakfast and 1 before dinner.

August 29, 2011 3:34 AM

I found that if I take 400 mg of chromium picolante and do cardio-exercise for 20 minutes, I can reduce my blood sugar up to 100 points.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 6, 2008 2:01 PM