User Reviews for Chromium picolinate

Also known as: Chromium GTF, Cr-GTF, CRM

Learn more about Chromium picolinate.

Chromium picolinate Review Summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 117 medications used in the treatment of Diabetes, Type 2.

Reviews for Chromium picolinate to treat Diabetes, Type 2

"Has lowered my blood sugar from 7.7% to 6% sometimes it is lower than this. It also stabilizes my blood sugar quickly."

Silverfox45 March 21, 2013

"I had type 2 diabetes. I started taking 500mcg of chromium picolinate and 500mg of cinnamon after my last A1c 5 months ago which was at 6.0 just had my last A1c done July 7 and my A1c was 5.5. My doctor was amazed and took me off my diabetes medication (Januvia). "

Pinbuster71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2012

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I tried adding this supplement to my daily insulin injection therapy, and was able to cut my insulin usage in half. I now have an A1C of 7.2, down from 10.4 only 2 months ago. I take 600 mcg. before meals 3 times a day and I feel great. I think this supplement needs to be studied and utilized way more often than it is."

Wendifly February 1, 2012

"Very informative and I do appreciate the info. I am insulin dependent and do not have medical insurance. diabetes is an outrageously expensive disease with medications and diet. with it being so costly I figured I need an alternate route so I've been researching over the counter supplements with 1 of them being chromium. since taking chromium along with diet and exercise I've lost 30 pounds in 3 months and have my A1C down to 7.7 from 10.3. It's far from perfection but it is progress."

Anonymous December 10, 2011

"I used to weigh 463 pounds, my weight as of today is 211. I have been taking chromium picolinate for over 6 years now, watching my carbs, drinking water and sugar free kool aid. I started with 1 x 200 mcgs before each meal. Now I take 1 x 1000 mcg twice a day 1 before breakfast and 1 before dinner."

Stormy Ray Williams August 29, 2011

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I found that if I take 400 mg of chromium picolante and do cardio-exercise for 20 minutes, I can reduce my blood sugar up to 100 points. "

Anonymous October 6, 2008

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Diabetes, Type 2