User Reviews for Chlorzoxazone

Also known as: Eze DS, Lorzone, Paraflex, Parafon Forte DSC, Relaxazone, Remular, Remular-S, Strifon Fort

Learn more about Chlorzoxazone.

Chlorzoxazone Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Muscle Spasm.

Reviews for Chlorzoxazone to treat Muscle Spasm

"I was prescribed Lorzone recently by a pain specialist when I explained that all other muscle relaxants I have previously used were too sedating. I was pleased to find that though it is a 'new' medication (presumably repatented, since Paraflex was around since the 1990's), my insurance covered its generic form, Chlorzoxazone. In my experience, this is not a medication that is going to alter your mental state or give a drowsy effect; I do notice significantly reduced muscle spasm activity when taking it and none of the negative effects so common with other medications of its class. It does exactly what is expected and no unwanted side effects for me."

GhettoPharmacologist May 1, 2016

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "I've tried almost every muscle relaxer out on the market, nothing worked as well as Lorzone! Its been a Godsend for me. I have multiple chronic spinal issues, some that cause severe muscle spasms. Lorzone has made my life more bearable. It may take about a week when you first start to actually work on your spasms, then continue as directed and you'll notice a difference in the amount, and severity of spasms. I've also noticed within a week or two of stopping Lorzone the spasms return. :( Unfortunately I'll be on meds for the rest of my life. My insurance only pays a very small part of cost, I use the coupon that lorzone provides, ask your doctor for it, its on the box of samples they get from the company."

Mikiansmom (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 13, 2016

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "Was givien these by my doctor due to back spasms and pain. I have been on steroids and flex prior but didnt work. These work amazing. Not only did my back and right leg stop the spasms, I had no more pain. I have not taking anything but these and am amazed so far. And I only take one a day."

Dad16154 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2016

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "Rx Lorzone 750mg, bid. Took for 2 days, unable to tolerate. Caused vomiting,dizziness, felt like limbs coated in cement. It worked great on spasms. Headache and other side effects not worth taking drug. Will stop and tell my doctor."

1Cnsrvwm March 5, 2016

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "Was taken off Flexeril and prescribed Lorzone. Took 1/3 of one pill, two hours later I didn't feel right. Pain in back, hard to take a deep breath, eyes dilated, face tingled and lips swelled! Severe reaction required hospitalization. Be careful."

Just 17 (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "Medicine worked ok, but had to stop using because it caused serious liver problems. The benefits definitely DID NOT outweigh the risk."

Donna2007 October 21, 2015

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "This medication just about killed me! Numerous side effects, head foggy, vision blurry, loud audio, tongue and throat swollen, rapid heartbeat with tightening chest! Then tingling in the feet and I blacked out! Happened numerous times all in this cycle. Ambulance ride to the E.R. then ICU! Stay away from this!"

BULLDOG32210 October 12, 2015

"I am a 35 yr old female. Fibromyalgia diagnosis was in October 2013 after 1-2 years of unexplainable symptoms. Just recently woke up with a kink in my (right sided) neck, mid back, shoulder, pectoral, bicep and entire arm/arm pit pain, cramps, spasms. 6 days after it started I went to the ER and was diagnosed with tortecollis. ER doc gave me a shot of Norflex and Toridol. He sent me home with scripts for flexeril and voltaren. I saw my doctors nurse practitioner the next day & she told me to stop the voltaren and started me on a medrol dose pack and told me to continue taking flexeril. The flexeril didn't relieve any pain. Later in the week I called the NP again & was told to quit flexeril & start 500 MG paragon forte. SURPRISE no relief"

trinamolena (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2015

"I have been taking the generic form of Parafon Forte 500 mg since 1997 for my back, neck & leg spasms due to fibromyalgia, sciatica and neuropathy. It was not the first, second or even the fifth muscle relaxant I tried. None of the sodas, flexerils or amytripline, or NSAID type meds made much difference. So I did some online research and found this med to be the strongest muscle relaxer (as of '97 at least). I asked my pain management doc for this med.I am still using it 18 years later. This is not a new medication"

Annie369 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 9, 2015

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "I just got a sample pack of Lorzone along with a prescription for it. I took it just a little bit ago and while sitting there with my neck, back and legs cramping, all of a sudden, it was like a sort of rush came over me and a lot of the cramping and spasms just went away. Pretty awesome! I hope it continues to be this effective. I have a connective tissue disorder along with a long list of issues that stem from that. The only thing is, my doctor said its very expensive. I'm on medicare and disability. When I just dropped off the script, they said they have to get a pre-auth so insurance will cover it but I'm not sure how high my co-pay will be. I hope its not too much so I can continue taking this!"

Kadie Ann (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "Increasing sciatica over 4 years; told by PT "don't climb hills". Aggravated w/ physical demands of moving to new place. More recent injury from a clumsy fall and subsequent hip surgery x2. Unclear where one starts/ends, etc but have classic sciatica now. Remedial ice, rest, stretching, gentle rebounding all help temporarily. Valium is hit/miss. Lorzone is a bullseye. MRI shows "typical lumbar changes" for 65 y/o with years of physical stressors compounded by unmindful posture in the name of "getting the job done". I hope this pill is as good long term as short term. Just picked up new script for it after using up freebee from MD."

NurseNan2 April 3, 2015

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "Lorzone really helps with the muscle spams and pain; however, it KILLS my stomach even when taken with food and a stomach protection med."

ddbslp (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 13, 2015

Parafon Forte DSC (chlorzoxazone): "I have severe muscle spasms and muscle pain due to spinal conditions and neuropathy. This medication has given me more releif than I have had in a very long time. I do get headaches sometimes when I take it. Well worth the releif it gives."

DeeDee7681 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2015

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "I was prescribed this medication in a dosage of 500mg for severe back spasms that kept me from walking. It allowed me to walk a little bit longer before the pain kicked in. I rated it low because it mildly affected the spasms/pain while making me immediately sleepy."

Pernette January 20, 2015

"I've been through a lot of medication for fibromyalgia... amitriptyline, methocarbamol, NSAIDS off the charts, Savella, Cymbalta... nothing works. Still, I believe nothing works but I will say this has helped me feel quite a bit better. Often in the night I have muscle cramps in addition to all the pain caused by fibromyalgia. If someone squeezes my arm, yes it still hurts.. but this drug has really lessened the pain all over. I give it a nine because I worry too much about how "young" this drug is. I worry about what it's doing to my liver and stuff too. I'm on 750MG a night and I take it before bed. It doesn't make me drowsy or help me sleep through the night specifically, but it really makes the muscles feel nice (and less cramping)."

AmandaTheArtist January 17, 2015

"This medication is GREAT! It really helped my frequent migraines from 15 a month down to maybe 4-5. There's an issue with my neck, still to be determined, and it apparently causes a lot of tension in my upper back, shoulder, neck, and even head. I initially had a little drowsiness with this medication; still less than baclofen and tizanidine. I kept on taking it and now I take 3-4 doses a day with no problems. I don't even notice I'm taking it! As a side note, I have RSD/CRPS in my shoulder and take Oxycontin and oxycodone regularly. I really like the Lorzone because it does NOT intensify the drowsiness that sometimes can occur with narcotics. I'm not sure if that's normal in all people, or if I've built up a tolerance over a year."

Love the ocean (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2015

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "I have moderate lower back pain and my doctor suggested I take Lorzone in case I have muscle spasm. Well I took the Lorzone 750mg and I had no side effects whatsoever (which is good) yet the pain is still there. I have an appointment for MRI soon. Hope I find out what is causing my pain."

bbevv December 2, 2014

"My doctor prescribed this medicine for me as I was having low painful back spasms."

mr clean (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2014

"Suffered over a decade with neck radiating, low back into right foot, headaches on occasion. Herniation at c3/4/5, severe progressed degeneration c5/6. Neck Shots to Right elbow, tingles to three Right fingers (Erbsy Palsy). I finally changed lifestyle, organic, white meats. In proper time, down 4 waist sizes over 8-10 months, after 2 months body reset. Cured lower back pain to only a nuisance not 'problem', changed bloods to excellent from the brink of disaster. This is the only medication, other than Valium, I can tolerate in class. In disbelief this worked in day 2. Was a slight confusion, minor dizzy 1st day, ALL side effects went away 1st week. I highly suggest you try this medication. I am skeptical and still suggest this one. Great find."

SpikedANeck (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2013

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "I was prescribed this for pain on the side of my back. I hate muscle relaxers since I don't like being drowsy. This doesn't make me sleepy AT ALL."

jap44 (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2013

"My migraines were getting worse in grad school and the medications weren't touching the pain. I was diagnosed with cluster headaches and given this medication and now my life is almost completely headache free. Also, I am lucky enough to not suffer any negative side effects!"

Starlatte June 13, 2013

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "Lorzone immensely improved my severe whiplash after just one dose (effects felt next day). First thing I noticed was that it relaxed my diaphragm, causing me to burp, and it relaxed other areas causing me to cough regularly. Two thumbs up! "

Samantha79 (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2013

Parafon Forte DSC (chlorzoxazone): "1984-1988 had migraine headaches that seemed to part my head with symptoms being only on one side of my head, such as running nose, watering eye, one blood shot eye and one temple throbbing. Lasted for many hours and would re-appear in minutes or hours. After taking Parafon Forte three time, I haven't had a headache since."

tylegal April 22, 2012

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "LORZONE IS AMAZING. I would recommend this muscle relaxer to anyone who doesn't want to feel drowsy or have the hangover feeling the next morning! I was prescribed to the 750mg 3-4 times a day."

Anonymous February 28, 2012

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone): "I have been struggling with pain and fatigue from soft tissue damage after auto accident. Dr. Prescribed numerous medications. This one by far is at the top of the list as far as effectiveness and no side effects. Thank goodness I have it!"

Anonymous February 27, 2012

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate