User Reviews for Chlorzoxazone

Also known as: Eze DS, Lorzone, Paraflex, Parafon Forte DSC, Relaxazone, Remular, Remular-S, Strifon Fort

Learn more about Chlorzoxazone.

Muscle Spasm 25 reviews 53 medications

7.8
Summary of Chlorzoxazone reviews 25 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Chlorzoxazone

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "I just got a sample pack of Lorzone along with a prescription for it. I took it just a little bit ago and while sitting there with my neck, back and legs cramping, all of a sudden, it was like a sort of rush came over me and a lot of the cramping and spasms just went away. Pretty awesome! I hope it continues to be this effective. I have a connective tissue disorder along with a long list of issues that stem from that. The only thing is, my doctor said its very expensive. I'm on medicare and disability. When I just dropped off the script, they said they have to get a pre-auth so insurance will cover it but I'm not sure how high my co-pay will be. I hope its not too much so I can continue taking this!"

Kadie Ann (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2015

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "Increasing sciatica over 4 years; told by PT "don't climb hills". Aggravated w/ physical demands of moving to new place. More recent injury from a clumsy fall and subsequent hip surgery x2. Unclear where one starts/ends, etc but have classic sciatica now. Remedial ice, rest, stretching, gentle rebounding all help temporarily. Valium is hit/miss. Lorzone is a bullseye. MRI shows "typical lumbar changes" for 65 y/o with years of physical stressors compounded by unmindful posture in the name of "getting the job done". I hope this pill is as good long term as short term. Just picked up new script for it after using up freebee from MD."

NurseNan2 April 3, 2015

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "Lorzone really helps with the muscle spams and pain; however, it KILLS my stomach even when taken with food and a stomach protection med."

ddbslp (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 13, 2015

Parafon Forte DSC (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "I have severe muscle spasms and muscle pain due to spinal conditions and neuropathy. This medication has given me more releif than I have had in a very long time. I do get headaches sometimes when I take it. Well worth the releif it gives."

DeeDee7681 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2015

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed this medication in a dosage of 500mg for severe back spasms that kept me from walking. It allowed me to walk a little bit longer before the pain kicked in. I rated it low because it mildly affected the spasms/pain while making me immediately sleepy."

Pernette January 20, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "I've been through a lot of medication for fibromyalgia... amitriptyline, methocarbamol, NSAIDS off the charts, Savella, Cymbalta... nothing works. Still, I believe nothing works but I will say this has helped me feel quite a bit better. Often in the night I have muscle cramps in addition to all the pain caused by fibromyalgia. If someone squeezes my arm, yes it still hurts.. but this drug has really lessened the pain all over. I give it a nine because I worry too much about how "young" this drug is. I worry about what it's doing to my liver and stuff too. I'm on 750MG a night and I take it before bed. It doesn't make me drowsy or help me sleep through the night specifically, but it really makes the muscles feel nice (and less cramping)."

AmandaTheArtist January 17, 2015

For Muscle Spasm: "This medication is GREAT! It really helped my frequent migraines from 15 a month down to maybe 4-5. There's an issue with my neck, still to be determined, and it apparently causes a lot of tension in my upper back, shoulder, neck, and even head. I initially had a little drowsiness with this medication; still less than baclofen and tizanidine. I kept on taking it and now I take 3-4 doses a day with no problems. I don't even notice I'm taking it! As a side note, I have RSD/CRPS in my shoulder and take Oxycontin and oxycodone regularly. I really like the Lorzone because it does NOT intensify the drowsiness that sometimes can occur with narcotics. I'm not sure if that's normal in all people, or if I've built up a tolerance over a year."

Love the ocean (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2015

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "I have moderate lower back pain and my doctor suggested I take Lorzone in case I have muscle spasm. Well I took the Lorzone 750mg and I had no side effects whatsoever (which is good) yet the pain is still there. I have an appointment for MRI soon. Hope I find out what is causing my pain."

bbevv December 2, 2014

For Muscle Spasm: "My doctor prescribed this medicine for me as I was having low painful back spasms."

mr clean (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2014

For Muscle Spasm: "Suffered over a decade with neck radiating, low back into right foot, headaches on occasion. Herniation at c3/4/5, severe progressed degeneration c5/6. Neck Shots to Right elbow, tingles to three Right fingers (Erbsy Palsy). I finally changed lifestyle, organic, white meats. In proper time, down 4 waist sizes over 8-10 months, after 2 months body reset. Cured lower back pain to only a nuisance not 'problem', changed bloods to excellent from the brink of disaster. This is the only medication, other than Valium, I can tolerate in class. In disbelief this worked in day 2. Was a slight confusion, minor dizzy 1st day, ALL side effects went away 1st week. I highly suggest you try this medication. I am skeptical and still suggest this one. Great find."

SpikedANeck (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2013

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "I was prescribed this for pain on the side of my back. I hate muscle relaxers since I don't like being drowsy. This doesn't make me sleepy AT ALL."

jap44 (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2013

For Muscle Spasm: "My migraines were getting worse in grad school and the medications weren't touching the pain. I was diagnosed with cluster headaches and given this medication and now my life is almost completely headache free. Also, I am lucky enough to not suffer any negative side effects!"

Starlatte June 13, 2013

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "Lorzone immensely improved my severe whiplash after just one dose (effects felt next day). First thing I noticed was that it relaxed my diaphragm, causing me to burp, and it relaxed other areas causing me to cough regularly. Two thumbs up! "

Samantha79 (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2013

Parafon Forte DSC (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "1984-1988 had migraine headaches that seemed to part my head with symptoms being only on one side of my head, such as running nose, watering eye, one blood shot eye and one temple throbbing. Lasted for many hours and would re-appear in minutes or hours. After taking Parafon Forte three time, I haven't had a headache since."

tylegal April 22, 2012

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "LORZONE IS AMAZING. I would recommend this muscle relaxer to anyone who doesn't want to feel drowsy or have the hangover feeling the next morning! I was prescribed to the 750mg 3-4 times a day."

Anonymous February 28, 2012

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Lorzone (chlorzoxazone) for Muscle Spasm: "I have been struggling with pain and fatigue from soft tissue damage after auto accident. Dr. Prescribed numerous medications. This one by far is at the top of the list as far as effectiveness and no side effects. Thank goodness I have it!"

Anonymous February 27, 2012

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm: "I got very drowsy, lightheaded, knee pain and neck pain."

deepaks July 28, 2011

For Muscle Spasm: "This works very well for me. I prefer Soma but my Doctor says its highly addictive and has too much interaction with the other medicines."

DebiK April 8, 2010

For Muscle Spasm: "I used to take Flexeril for back pain until I found a doctor who thinks outside the box. He prescribed this to me and it's been wonderful! No bad side effects, a little tiredness in the beginning, but other then that nothing. Takes the spasms away. Almost a miracle drug for me! I take 500 mg 3x a day."

Keddey November 12, 2009

For Muscle Spasm: "I really don't think parafon forte helped me too well. I really didn't feel any different as far as the muscle spasms, because they were still as bad as they were before. I've switched to 2mg Valium as it has helped tremendously. Plus, Valium helps with my anxiety as well. A quick fact from what I read in my pamphlet on 2mg Valium that it's purposes are for muscle spasms, anxiety, and acute alcohol withdrawals. I never knew about it helping with acute alcohol withdrawals too. You learn something new everyday."

189LBchamp October 31, 2009

For Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking this medication now for 2 weeks. It is, by far, the best muscle relaxant I have tried. All the others made me drowsy, unable to think straight, and not able to work. I have had extensive pain in my neck and lower back due to MS and Fibromyalgia. They have given me everything in the last 16 years but this has worked best for me. I really wish my doctor had prescribed this for me earlier. The quality of life really does go up when you don't feel like you are turning to stone."

Triple A's Mother July 29, 2009

For Muscle Spasm: "I take this drug as I have 2 blown discs at L5-S1 (1991) and L3-L4 2002. This drug works wonders for me. I don't take them as prescribed as it is prescribed on a daily basis. I take them when I have minor sciatica. I get the 500mg generic which is cheap. I take maybe 1 and I'm good. These pills work as they are supposed to."

I hurt June 30, 2009

For Muscle Spasm: "After trying dozens of muscle relaxers over the past 1 years and having side effects like non-stop vomiting, of severe nausea (so bad that I could not get my head out of a trash can) not to mention the sharp pains in my stomach and not being able to eat anything. I figured this was just another trial. Boy was I shocked when I tried this one. Granted it's not perfect, but I have part of my life back and am not neurotic that I have at least 3 ziplock bags in my purse and one in each sweater pocket in case I can not get to the rest room in time."

Anonymous May 9, 2009

For Muscle Spasm: "This is the ONLY muscle relaxant I can tolerate without any side effects ie: drowziness, restlessness, irritability. I am dealing with left over nerve pain in my neck from shingles and I have tried everything for the muscle pain. Now the pain is moving down into my left shoulder and I can't get comfortable at night unless I take this medication."

prknz February 6, 2009

For Muscle Spasm: "I have been taking Chlorzoxazone for a couple of years to help with leg muscle pain caused by L4-L5 root damage. It helps significantly reduce my pain. I don't believe it makes me sleepy, although there may be a little bit of light-headedness."

medlockl September 2, 2008