User Reviews for Chlorpromazine

Also known as: Ormazine, Thorazine

Learn more about Chlorpromazine.

Opiate Withdrawal 1 reviews 11 medications

Tetanus 0 reviews 19 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Chlorpromazine reviews 14 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Chlorpromazine

Review by jen3577 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Light Sedation: My Dr. prescribed me Thorazine for insomnia because she doesn't like Ambien, Xanax, etc. Felt like a zombie in the morning, plus I developed a tolerance from 50 mg to 100 mg in 2 weeks. Felt dead inside. After 100 mg and another 2 weeks had trouble sleeping again and doctor told me to double the dose. I didn't do it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 13, 2013 3:53 PM
Review by Nick (Wiltshire - UK) (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Hiccups: I had hiccups for 48 hours continuously and was hiccupping about 15000 times a day. I went to my GP and was prescribed Chlorpromazine. I was reluctant to try it at first because of the side effects but it did work after being on a 25mg dose three times a day after 72 hours. It does take a while to kick in and have an effect but it did work. Make sure you come off them slowly and gradually otherwise it makes you feel nauseous and sick. Your urine may also be a lot darker in colour and smell differently.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 21, 2013 6:24 AM
Review by tjssss: User Rating:

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Hiccups: I get severe hiccups. This works!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 14, 2013 11:23 PM
Review by VaBeachBeez: User Rating:

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Hiccups: I write this to help others. I actually had the hiccups for eight straight days...yes 8! I couldn't eat without hiccuping, and sleep with out hiccuping. I had no health insurance, which is why I waited so long before seeking professional medical advice/treatment. On that eighth day I went to a "Doc-in-a-Box", and the Doctor prescribed "Thorazine", only ten! Within 30 minutes of taking the first one, the hiccups were gone! I had nine more pills (low dosage) left. Each time I took one, it was like I was the "King of the world'! I had a constant smile on my face and wanted to hug everyone, but I could still MAINTAIN.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 19, 2013 8:14 AM
Review by helped!!!!!! (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

chlorpromazine for Opiate Withdrawal: Helped right away. No bad withdrawals like before. Its a lifesaver and there is no narcotic in this.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 11, 2013 1:40 AM

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Hiccups: Dad was hiccuping badly for two days straight - nothing was working and attempting to get water or fluids down didn't work. Hiccups got worse and he began to vomit when we saw blood we took him to emergency room - they brought Thorazine and within 10-20 minutes he stopped hiccuping... he had one short flare up while moving around but after 20-30minutes it went away and he was sleeping. Hopefully this does the trick and keeps him from hiccuping - but for sure it's a good emergency medicine to stop painful and persistent hiccups.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 21, 2012 1:50 AM
Review by AudreyKuykendall (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

chlorpromazine for Schizophrenia: Though relieving, side effects are a bit much. It may just be the sudden change from my previous medication, but this medicine has added to my anxiety and occasional panic attacks to a point where my doctor has had to prescribe me another anti-depressant.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 27, 2012 2:53 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Thorazine (chlorpromazine): There's a reason they call it the Thorazine shuffle.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 30, 2012 10:46 PM
Review by JasmineB: User Rating:

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Schizophrenia: This medication helps with my symptoms and controls some of the voices and the sightings that I experienced throughout my use of this medication.

September 26, 2011 2:42 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Mania: I take it for bipolar disorder. It helps through the mania. It helps sleep and then mania the next day.

May 7, 2011 7:58 PM
Review by zekejr: User Rating:

chlorpromazine for Mania: Helps some of the symptoms of mania and psychosis or hearing voices and such. Also helps with sleep which helps greatly when you are bipolar and in a manic and restless state. Overall I would have to say this medicine has helped the most of ALL the other medicines I have had to try so far.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 1, 2011 6:33 PM
Review by sammy8987: User Rating:

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Psychosis: Good

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 26, 2011 12:15 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Hiccups: My husband normally never has the hiccups but on the night of day 3 after having bowel resection surgery from diverticulitis, he was no longer passing gas. Instead he was belching, burping and hiccuping. He would hiccup for hours then stop for a bit and this just kept going on and on increasing the pain of the surgical site and getting no sleep. On the night of day 6,Thorazine was added to his IV and within 10 minutes the hiccups were gone and he was finally sleeping comfortably.

June 13, 2010 2:15 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Light Sedation: The intramuscular is far better than oral, I found. The only drawback is that you will have a very sore bottom afterwards. Thorazine IM does hurt, but it's well worth it in the long run if your stomach gets upset very easily. The onset is much quicker, yet the effect is more mellow than the same dose given orally. Again, Thorazine IM does hurt so keep that in mind if it ever suggested.

July 13, 2009 4:21 PM
Review by nick 88: User Rating:

Thorazine (chlorpromazine) for Light Sedation: This will knock you out.

August 11, 2008 11:03 AM