User Reviews for Tussionex Pennkinetic

Learn more about Tussionex Pennkinetic.

Cough 65 reviews 734 medications

9.5
Cold Symptoms 11 reviews 831 medications

8.4
Summary of Tussionex Pennkinetic reviews 76 reviews 9.4

Reviews for Tussionex Pennkinetic

Review by "D": User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: Best medicine I ever seen.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 22, 2009 4:28 AM
Review by ekane00: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: I recently moved to Savannah, GA and developed a horrid cough. I continued to get colds and did not stop coughing for weeks. I was treated by an allergist with every known allergy drug, inhaler and nasal spray. I then started allergy shots. I continued to cough till I threw up at least 10 times a day. In addition this caused urinary incontinence. I then started to see an ENT and went through cat scans, scopes, etc. with no relief from the cough. My personal care physician has now suggested I see a gastroenterologist. Meanwhile she was willing to treat the symptoms. This is the best drug I have ever taken. After the first dose I immediately stopped coughing. It lasts a full 12 hours and allows me to sleep!

September 16, 2009 8:04 PM
Review by walkerrussellc: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: Seven (7) years ago my system betrayed me and I became allergic to everything you can be tested for except ducks and fungus - everything. I went through my PCP, to every allergy and immunology specialist in a forty mile radius and then moved down to the super-specialists in the Boston medical community. For two years - nothing alleviated the primary symptom - coughing - violent explosive coughing every forty five minutes to an hour. This is where you will begin to disbelieve me probably but, the weekend of Good Friday, 2004 my ENT prescribed Tussionex-P and for the first time I was able to sleep, breath and behave normally. I do cease use every twenty eight days, withdrawal is a little like "coffee-jags" but you must use care with this medicine.

September 14, 2009 10:11 AM
Review by cough from flu:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: This medicine kept me from coughing all night. It works better than Tessalon pearles or Hydromet. It stopped my post nasal drip and my dry cough.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 2, 2009 10:21 AM
Review by Gayloe: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: After 15 years of vasomotor rhinitis, which caused chronic coughing, I was finally prescribed something that helped me sleep without waking up 10 times coughing each night. I don't notice any hangover or grogginess the next day. My only complaint is that it is not covered by my insurance and is a little expensive.

August 7, 2009 10:47 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: I have extremely bad coughing spells at night. So my doctor prescribed Codeine cough syrup which surprisingly did not help because it is a pretty strong cough medicine. So instead he prescribed Tussionex for me. The medicine worked great! The only thing I don't like is it made me sleep all day long and the next day I could still feel it in my system but I know I could have probably slept for 2 days straight off of the small dose he prescribed. He told me to do "Take 1 teaspoonful 2 times a day" I only did one and it made me feel very tired. But it does A GREAT job with suppressing the cough.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 10, 2009 3:44 AM
Review by Missy5537:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: As others have stated, this medicine is great. I have been so sick for over a week; coughing and spitting up constantly, unable to talk without going into a severe coughing spell and unable to sleep due to the cough and having to clear my throat so I could breathe. I finally went to the doctor today. He gave me Z-pack, a Celestone shot AND the Tussionex Suspension. I know it was the Tussionex that did the trick so quickly. I remember having it years ago, and same thing; my "impossible to cure" cough went away very soon. Next time I get a bad cough, I'm going for the Tussionex Pennkinetic Suspension immediately. NOTHING else that I've used the past week came anywhere near to eliminating my symptoms. Excellent product.

June 23, 2009 12:57 AM
Review by Coughing: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cold Symptoms: Tussionex(R) Pennkinetic is a very good medication for cold and cough conditions accompanied with aches etc. The active ingredients (hydrocodone 10mg/chlorpheniramine 8mg) last a long time for long-lasting relief. I would recommend Tussionex(R) Pennkinetic 12-Hour Suspension OVER ANY OTHER COUGH PREPARATION. COUGH RELIEVED. REST ASSURED. Not to mention the hydrocodone is good for aches and pains.

June 19, 2009 2:39 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: I have had a bad cough for over a week. The Doctor said it was bronchitis and prescribed this and Septra. It does dry you up and quietens the cough. I've taken this before but, don't remember it making me feel so loopy, even 12 hours later. Definitely don't drive and it would be advisable to have someone around.

June 11, 2009 7:53 PM

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cold Symptoms: I don't have the luxury of having a sick day most of the time and I asked the doctor to give me something to treat the symptoms so I would not be so miserable. Coughing, runny nose, headache etc. This really worked well for me. Furthermore, I was able to sleep through the night and not keep my wife awake. For your information I have never had any troubles with drugs and side effects (not like I take much anyway). Bottom line, if it works for you like it works for me you will be able to perform normally and better than you could have otherwise and sleep well.

June 7, 2009 10:33 PM
Review by billcall: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: This stuff is great. I have had a chronic cough for over a year following an esophagectomy. This is the first medication that actually works for more then a couple of hours. I can actually make it through the night without having coughing episodes. As a side benefit, it tastes pretty good.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 12, 2009 8:59 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: This stuff is great. I have had a chronic cough for over a year following an esophagectomy. This is the first medication that actually works for more then a couple of hours. I can actually make it through the night without having coughing episode. As a side benefit, it tastes pretty good.

May 12, 2009 12:18 AM
Review by jonibee: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: I have mild asthma and allergies. My Azmacort inhaler is not enough at times, and the Tussionix gives me complete relief from the nagging cough that I find so exasperating! I only use it once a day (and not every day) during allergy season. It's made my life much more comfortable during allergy season. Absolutely no side effects when taken once a day as I do. Worth every penny.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 18, 2009 6:32 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cold Symptoms: The medicine is very good at relieving the symptoms of a cold. Greatly reduced cough and dried me up as I have never seen. It may be too dry so drink a lot of fluids. I have to say though, don't drive a car or operate machinery. It makes it very hard to think clearly. Definitely made for use where you stay home and depend on someone else to do the thinking.

April 18, 2009 12:37 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: I have a problem with recurring bronchitis because of asthma. When this happens I cough a lot. The Tussionex is a life saver for me. It stops the cough that nothing else has ever stopped. It makes me sleepy, but the cough is paralyzing so it's well worth it. The price makes me very thankful for my health insurance.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 15, 2009 1:51 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: Obstetrician prescribed this to me due to a chest infection/head cold that resulted in no sleep for me. It totally knocked me out - I slept better than I had during my entire pregnancy. Great part is I still have plenty of fetal movement.

April 6, 2009 9:03 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: This stuff is amazing when you are really sick. A severe cough was making my head and neck hurt so bad. After about 20 minutes of taking Tussionex, my cough was much improved, and my neck/headache almost non-existent. I was prescribed this after Codeine wasn't helping at all. Will definitely take it again if needed.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 23, 2009 6:27 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: As stated Tussionex is expensive. With that said you get what you pay for. I had a cough that kept me up for 3 days. I went to my doctor and he prescribed Tussionex for me. I had 1 teaspoon before bed and woke up 8 1/2 hours later. My cough did not wake me up once during the night.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 17, 2009 4:25 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: There's no generic for this medication and it is quite expensive, but definitely worth the money. My husband had a post-nasal drip cough that just wouldn't go away, and it kept both of us up at night. He took a teaspoon of this and we both slept through the night, he didn't cough once. Felt great in the morning too, no drowsiness. Great stuff.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 10, 2009 1:46 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: This stuff is a miracle cure for nasty coughs. I was prescribed this for a painful, dry cough that was unresponsive to codeine and OTC cough medicines. It completely killed my cough and allowed me to relax and sleep. If I were a doctor I'd give this stuff out instead of codeine.

January 15, 2009 10:17 PM
Review by holy wow: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: Worth every penny. Cough was gone all day.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 8, 2008 1:40 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cold Symptoms: I had very severe viral bronchitis with a chronic cough. The medicine did help my cough somewhat, but nothing amazing. The worst side effect was that it caused me to have a lot of trouble urinating.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 3, 2008 2:14 PM
Review by Ace1765: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: Cleared my cough and allowed me to rest. This liquid must be taken exactly as prescribed. I experienced a slight feeling of lethargy the next day. Given that as the side effect, I would take this again for any of my severe coughing spells.

June 29, 2008 11:50 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: I have viral bronchitis, and was miserable. Took 1 teaspoon of Tussionex Pennkinetic and 20 minutes later, I feel back to normal. Worked awesome!

June 10, 2008 7:48 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: This medication was great to reduce coughing and to sleep well at night after a few sleepless nights before the med. But I developed very bad constipation after a few nights (I took it only once a day, before bedtime) which was so bad that I would never use this medication again.

April 26, 2008 1:55 PM