User Reviews for Tussionex Pennkinetic (Page 2)

Learn more about Tussionex Pennkinetic.

Cough 71 reviews 784 medications

9.4
Cold Symptoms 12 reviews 1047 medications

8.4
Summary of Tussionex Pennkinetic reviews 83 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Tussionex Pennkinetic

For Cold Symptoms "Awesome medication for severe allergies. I have been taking this medicine now for 2 years. My environmental allergies were just getting worse and worse. I have been to many allergist who kept giving me nose sprays and shots once a week. After one year of continual shots and not getting better my doctor prescribed Tussionex. Just imagine feeling like you have a bad cold all year around, coughing, sneezing and feeling miserable. Tussionex made me feel normal. I had forgotten what it was like not to cough, have a runny nose and feeling like I had the flu. With the Tussionex I felt so good since it stopped the cough, the runny nose and all the aches and pains in my neck and sinuses. THANK YOU for Tussionex!"

Misery Free August 25, 2011

"I have taken this medicine for three years. I have chronic bronchitis, COPD, and asthma. I was coughing all the time, especially at night and couldn't sleep. I tried sleeping pills and a variety of cough medicines, none of which worked. When given this, my cough immediately went away and stayed away for up to twelve hours, often longer. "

Bubba2 August 20, 2011

For Cough "I had a cold for a week, was unable to sleep because of coughing. I went to my Doctor and he prescribed this for me. I stopped coughing within an half and hour. "

Willow11 August 10, 2011

For Cough "I get severe bronchitis at least once a year with vomiting and sleepless nights. I've tried Robitussin with Codeine, but it didn't help at all. Two years ago, my doctor finally prescribed Tussionex, and it works so well. I have bronchitis now, and came back from a miserable trip without this medicine. I've taken it tonight, and already feel so much better. I would highly recommend this to anyone who needs a cough medicine at night to help them sleep."

Anonymous April 29, 2011

For Cough "I was prescribed Tussionex for a cough associated with viral pneumonia. It was excellent for suppressing my cough. However, I felt as if I'd had a couple of Margaritas, so I was only able to take it before bedtime instead of every 12 hours or I couldn't have functioned at work. On the positive side, it did eliminate the constant cough and allow me a good night's sleep. As another reviewer noted, I also found it extremely constipating. I advise increasing your liquid intake and possibly taking an over the counter stool softener while using Tussionex."

WTmomof4 March 24, 2011

For Cough "Tussinex is awesome for that cough you get at night, where you get a tickle in your throat and just have to cough and can't stop. For me, it makes me feel loopy though, even 12 hours later I will be lightheaded, so I usually don't use it unless Cepacol or something doesn't work. It's rare I use it more than once a year, and even then I only use half the dose. It really works but it's powerful."

Anonymous February 10, 2011

For Cough "Whenever I get a cold I get a wicked cough that actually makes me throw up it is so bad. I took every cough syrup known to man and nothing worked until my dad who is a doctor tried Tussionex. It was incredible I was better in 48 hours! I only get a cold like this every few years but this medicine is the only one that works and doctors are afraid of it because it is a narcotic but if nothing else works why make people suffer?"

Anonymous January 25, 2011

For Cough "This is a wonderful medicine that will turn off the most vicious coughs. Having said that, my doctor and I found that 5ml every 8hrs (instead of the usual max of 10ml/day) is most effective IN MY CASE; I'm about 2 meters tall and about 105 kilo. I have asthma which is easily exacerbated; when I get any sort of cough it can (and, in the past has) turn(ed) into pneumonia. In my doctor's estimation, Tussionex has saved me about 5 trips to the hospital, over the last 10 years. In summary: This medicine, (expensive as it may be) has, in my opinion, plausibly saved my life. It shuts the cough off and allows my lungs to heal."

A.L., B.A. 123 January 24, 2011

"I had a very bad cough. The doctor gave me Tussionex Pennkinetic, one teaspoon before bed, next day I was cured. Very good syrup."

candy store December 25, 2010

For Cold Symptoms "My physician ordered this medicine after a severe flu and cold that lasted over a month. I found immediate relief, even helped the laryngitis. I see great potential for my patients in hospice. I am amazed at how effective it worked and with minimal negative side effects. I am amazed I have never heard of it before. As a clinician I see great potential for my patients."

Hospice practioner December 20, 2010

For Cough "I coughed horribly for a year and a half. Had all tests run, even had the Nissen fundoplication procedure done. My cough did not go away. In the hospital I was given this for pain. I immediately stopped coughing. Could finally sleep. I found an ENT who thinks my cough is neurogenic. Nerve damage caused by a virus. This is the nerve that triggers cough. He gave me gabapentin and it helped a little in the beginning now, it does nothing. I had 2 refills left on the Tussionex Pennkinetic and I'm now down to my last refill. I take 1 teaspoon every day around 4:00. I take it so early because this medicine keeps me up and won't let me sleep. The opposite of what most of you are experiencing. "

BvAnna September 19, 2010

For Cough "This is the best cough syrup hands down in the country. It works very, very well and no bad taste. Very pricey, but worth it. Some doctors will not write for it. I think that is poor professionalism for those who refuse. Yes some will seek and/or abuse but the benefit of the doubt should be given for something that works this well. Highly recommended."

js616 September 17, 2010

For Cough "I have chronic bronchitis and when I get a cold and let it go too long, the chronic bronchitis shows itself and if I don't recognize the onset soon enough, pneumonia --single or double- is the result. My doctor prescribed Tussionex five years ago and it has become my "go to" medicine--if used early, it allows me to sleep, cough less throughout the night. While it does not cure the bronchitis, it allows the body to do its work by allowing you to rest without coughing. I have one bit of advice - do not abuse this medication - regardless of what the prescription says--one teaspoon (2 ML) a day preferably before bedtime is the only way you should take it. I use it very sparingly because of it's expense and because it always works for me."

chisquare January 7, 2010

For Cough "This is the best stuff EVER! Haven't slept in over a week trying Phenergan DM prescribed by my doctor. Had them call in something else and finally...I can sleep! No coughing all night."

Anonymous January 6, 2010

For Cough "For some period of time I had a bad cough and diagnosed with chronic bronchitis and prescribed Tussionex - unfortunately there was a very large tumor discovered in my right lung. I did undergo a painful surgery only to find out the condition was inoperable - I went through chemo and radiation to no avail. I, however, continued to take Tussionex to cut down on coughing which was painful. Now one cannot get the liquid which worked for me - I only had to take it once a day, usually in the morning. I recommend it highly."

chiefgoddess January 1, 2010

For Cough "Just started taking this medicine. Had the flu and at then end of the 5 day flu, started a head cold. Couldn't sleep for a few nights due to cough. Only woke up 3 times tonight (once to pee and twice due to coughing). Just took my second dose and will go back to sleep. Was prescribed codeine, with no help at all. Was told this is called liquid gold- they weren't kidding. Very grateful my pharmacist mentioned this to me then I told my Doctor."

Anonymous December 31, 2009

For Cough "First of all , if you go to a doctor and request this medicine, he/she will see this as drug seeking behavior. It is an opiate . The only difference between Tussionex and Vicodin is the antihistamine in the Tussionex. It is highly addictive. I should know ...I have been to drug treatment two times for my addiction to Tussionex. I didn't take it as prescribed though - worked my way up to 3oz. Each day - sometimes twice a day. Be very careful."

redrn December 22, 2009

For Cough "I was prescribed this medicine in the ER when I was diagnosed with Bronchitis. The very first thing the doctor said with this medication is do not drive. I totally agree, the medicine is wonderful it pretty much got rid of the cough, and helped clear up my head congestion. I would have to say that the worst side effect is that it makes you feel very drowsy and sleepy, like you are under the influence of alcohol."

Anonymous December 10, 2009

For Cough "It's a miracle syrup for my COPD."

Anonymous December 4, 2009

For Cold Symptoms "CAREFUL! Warning that you can become drowsy the next day after using this product. Falling asleep at work, or while driving because the narcotic is too much. If you're able to be passive with just a glass of wine, think seriously before taking the full teaspoon. Talk to your doctor if you feel unusually tired because of the Tussionex."

Anonymous December 2, 2009

For Cough "I first used Tussionex in 1981. At that time it was called Tussionex Susp. and contained only 5mg hydrocodone per dose. They also had a tablet version available back then, which equaled one teaspoon of the suspension. The reason that it is so effective over other cough remedies, even other syrups which contain hydrocodone, is due to the type of hydrocodone used. "

jjlipp November 24, 2009

For Cough "The best cough medicine ever! Nothing helps my cough but Tussionex. It lasts the entire 12 hours. Unbelievablly good cough medicine!!"

Anonymous November 17, 2009

For Cough "It works."

Anonymous November 12, 2009

For Cough "I've read everyone's posts and am so jealous! I've been coughing for 5 days now, and haven't had a decent night's sleep for the last 6 nights! Dr. prescribed this medicine 3 days ago, took it, and nothing. Seriously, nothing! Felt a little relief 10 hours later, but nothing like what everyone else here has experienced. I'm still coughing and miserable and am going to give it another try tonight."

O'Neail November 11, 2009

For Cough "This is the best cough medicine out there. Whenever I get chest colds that keep me up at night coughing, I request this. I have been doing this for 10 yrs. Seriously if you want to stop your cough - request this one. nothing works like this one. The side effects do not out weigh the results!"

schoog November 11, 2009