User Reviews for Tussionex Pennkinetic

Learn more about Tussionex Pennkinetic.

Tussionex Pennkinetic Review Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 491 medications used in the treatment of Cold Symptoms.

Reviews for Tussionex Pennkinetic to treat Cold Symptoms

"This is the best cough and cold syrup ever made. Unfortunately I am a smoker so I tend to get coughs and colds easier than non smokers. This really works for me and it makes me feel better."

beekay (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2013

"Awesome medication for severe allergies. I have been taking this medicine now for 2 years. My environmental allergies were just getting worse and worse. I have been to many allergist who kept giving me nose sprays and shots once a week. After one year of continual shots and not getting better my doctor prescribed Tussionex. Just imagine feeling like you have a bad cold all year around, coughing, sneezing and feeling miserable. Tussionex made me feel normal. I had forgotten what it was like not to cough, have a runny nose and feeling like I had the flu. With the Tussionex I felt so good since it stopped the cough, the runny nose and all the aches and pains in my neck and sinuses. THANK YOU for Tussionex!"

Misery Free August 25, 2011

"My physician ordered this medicine after a severe flu and cold that lasted over a month. I found immediate relief, even helped the laryngitis. I see great potential for my patients in hospice. I am amazed at how effective it worked and with minimal negative side effects. I am amazed I have never heard of it before. As a clinician I see great potential for my patients."

Hospice practioner December 20, 2010

"CAREFUL! Warning that you can become drowsy the next day after using this product. Falling asleep at work, or while driving because the narcotic is too much. If you're able to be passive with just a glass of wine, think seriously before taking the full teaspoon. Talk to your doctor if you feel unusually tired because of the Tussionex."

Anonymous December 2, 2009

"I was prescribed this medicine after going to urgent care for what I thought was a basic head cold. I was told I had the flu. I did not think my symptoms were consistent with what I considered the flu, but I had not been sick in a long time and cannot remember when I last had the flu. The medicine definitely dried me up per se, but I started getting real jittery and anxious, and when trying to go to sleep could not due to the itching. I know I am sensitive to medications and have never had this medicine before. If you are like me and sensitive to medicines, be prepared for side effects."

yuma, az October 29, 2009

"Was given this medicine for upper respiratory tract infection. It helps the cough but makes you feel really out of it. With this prescription I have had headaches. I'm on the 12 hour/1 tsp dosage. I would recommend that this drug before you go to bed."

Anonymous October 2, 2009

"Tussionex(R) Pennkinetic is a very good medication for cold and cough conditions accompanied with aches etc. The active ingredients (hydrocodone 10mg/chlorpheniramine 8mg) last a long time for long-lasting relief. I would recommend Tussionex(R) Pennkinetic 12-Hour Suspension OVER ANY OTHER COUGH PREPARATION. COUGH RELIEVED. REST ASSURED. Not to mention the hydrocodone is good for aches and pains."

Coughing June 19, 2009

"I don't have the luxury of having a sick day most of the time and I asked the doctor to give me something to treat the symptoms so I would not be so miserable. Coughing, runny nose, headache etc. This really worked well for me. Furthermore, I was able to sleep through the night and not keep my wife awake. For your information I have never had any troubles with drugs and side effects (not like I take much anyway). Bottom line, if it works for you like it works for me you will be able to perform normally and better than you could have otherwise and sleep well. "

Anonymous June 7, 2009

"The medicine is very good at relieving the symptoms of a cold. Greatly reduced cough and dried me up as I have never seen. It may be too dry so drink a lot of fluids. I have to say though, don't drive a car or operate machinery. It makes it very hard to think clearly. Definitely made for use where you stay home and depend on someone else to do the thinking."

Anonymous April 18, 2009

"I had very severe viral bronchitis with a chronic cough. The medicine did help my cough somewhat, but nothing amazing. The worst side effect was that it caused me to have a lot of trouble urinating. "

Anonymous November 3, 2008

"It really helped with my coughing, but it made me extremely sleepy."

Anonymous April 9, 2008