User Reviews for Chlorpheniramine/hydrocodone

Also known as: Hydrocodone GF, HyTan, Novasus, S-T Forte 2, TussiCaps, Tussionex Pennkinetic, Vituz

Learn more about Chlorpheniramine/hydrocodone.

Cough 81 reviews 734 medications

9.6
Cold Symptoms 13 reviews 831 medications

8.8
Summary of Chlorpheniramine/hydrocodone reviews 94 reviews 9.4

Reviews for Chlorpheniramine/hydrocodone

Review by Anonymousthirteen (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: I have had a terrible cold with cough & breathing issues especially at night. This prescription was great for the cough & ability to get some rest.

February 14, 2014 5:15 PM
Review by Michele D.: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: This cough syrup really works great on quieting my wicked cough (bronchitis).....however, I am one of the few who has a terrible time sleeping when I take it. It also makes me woozy - the equivalent of drinking two glasses of wine. That said, I try to take it at least 6-8 hours before bedtime. The good effects (cough suppressant) is still working, and I get a good night's sleep. I can not drive while taking it. Stay safe!

January 30, 2014 9:09 PM
Review by nomorecough (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: Great for colds.

January 1, 2014 10:01 PM
Review by Waiting for G: User Rating:

chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone for Cough: Every fall/winter I get a minor cold that goes away quickly, but the horrible cough lingers and turns into bronchitis. Every fall/winter I beg the doctor for another bottle of this stuff. After trying a dozen other medications, this is the only one that works all the time. It is fabulous.

October 16, 2013 12:15 PM
Review by jlapec67: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: This medication will take a cough away but I didn't like the side effects. I normally react great to pain meds but not on this. Couldn't sleep the first night. Woke up with severe headache. Had to take another dose for this cough and still bad headache. Can see this will turn to a migraine. Was so hopeful of this medication.

August 26, 2013 8:39 PM
Review by SuziQ - cough from bronchitis: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: I am a 38 year old female who has lupus, asthma, and chronic bronchitis. After 2 months of violent coughing fits at night I was prescribed Tussionex Pennkinetic. The coughing ceased immediately, as did the pain, and I could finally breathe! It did cause itching, strong drowsiness (a plus because I was sleep deprived) and dry mouth, but it was absolutely worth it.

June 23, 2013 7:10 AM
Review by BaylorBud (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

TussiCaps (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: I have had severe hayfever allergies for the past 14 years of my life. This Spring was like every other, I had my regular allergy injection (steriod), and it still didn't kick the symptoms. I was diagnosed with Bronchitis about 3 weeks into allergy season, and prescribed a 10 day dose of this medicine for my cough. Not only did it cure my cough immediately, all of my allergy symptoms have disappeared while taking this. I have never breathed so well in the Spring time!

May 20, 2013 7:01 PM
Review by tridel: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: It was like a miracle. Instantly stopped coughing and slept all night without waking up coughing. Taste is like frosting.

March 5, 2013 10:39 PM
Review by beekay (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cold Symptoms: This is the best cough and cold syrup ever made. Unfortunately I am a smoker so I tend to get coughs and colds easier than non smokers. This really works for me and it makes me feel better.

February 5, 2013 2:56 PM
Review by Severe Pneumonia (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone for Cough: Had a cough so bad it was hurting my back and gave me terrible headaches. Was first prescribed another product which did little. Have been taking this new prescription for a couple of days now (only need 1 tsp every 12 hrs)...amazing. Finally feeling like I'm getting better. Cough is much less, not nearly as tired as I was (was sleeping 16-20 hr days) been awake most of today. Thank you so much!

January 27, 2013 9:09 PM
Review by sick one (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone for Cough: This medication rocks. For the past years I have been in and out of allergy doctors, urgent cares and so on. Once again got the cough and snots going. I have been given just about everything you can imagine. Today I was given this medication and BOOM within an hour or so those rapid fire coughs that happened over seconds went away. My coughing would usually last over 1 to 2 months on other meds. Sinuses feel really clear and once again the old soldier is saluting again.

January 21, 2013 1:19 AM
Review by anonymous 805 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: This is the nastiest looking and tasting medicine I have ever taken. With that said, the medicine works the best for a cough. I kept myself and my husband awake at night coughing. I took this medicine (only at night) and it worked like a charm. This is the best medicine for a cough (I don't waste my money on Robitussin or Mucinex) and is my go-to medicine whenever I get a pesky cough.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 3, 2013 9:28 AM
Review by mamma griz (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: Helps with cough however experiencing severe headache with use of this medication. Almost bad enough to go to the emergency room.

December 29, 2012 7:07 AM
Review by mom0f2 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: My Dr. prescribes this for me every fall/winter. I get a cold, it turns into bronchitis and then I can't sleep or function normally due to the horrible coughing. I take it about an hour before I go to bed and I sleep like a baby, no coughing and wake up refreshed and ready to go. Side effect is I feel a little groggy until around 11 am but that's not a big deal for me when you aren't coughing and able to sleep.

November 13, 2012 11:28 AM
Review by Grumpygirl (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: I was having coughing episodes about 3 hours long. I coughed until I vomited, and even until I lost control of my other bodily functions (both of them). I basically did not sleep more than 3 hours a night (if that) for a week and a half. Since I can expect this cough for another 4 weeks to 4 months, I broke down and gave this a try. It is a testament to the sheer physical force of the pertussis cough that Tussionex only stops it by about 80%. But that 80% makes all the difference! I am sleeping adequately and can keep food down. The unpleasantness that goes along with taking opiates is far, far preferable to this vicious pertussis cough.

July 7, 2012 2:22 AM
Review by KaraV (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: Tussinex works great, yes it will make you drowsy, so don't drive. You will sleep easy though.

June 16, 2012 1:35 PM
Review by gratful: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: Worked right away when nothing else would. Its a miracle cure for incurable cough!

April 1, 2012 2:37 PM

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: I get bronchitis several times a year, and this helps ease chest pain and allows me to sleep. It works better than any other cough suppresant I've tried. .

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 13, 2012 12:03 AM

TussiCaps (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: The directions tell you the medicine stops the desire to cough. Works great but also stops the desire to pretty much do anything. Haha. Works amazing but plan on catching up on the sleep you've been missing from your cough. This worked for about 14 hours from one pill on me. Didn't take any today and the cough is back. I had some residual effects of dizziness when it was wearing off. As soon as I ate some food and slowed down a little it went away quickly.

February 1, 2012 9:42 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: It is by far the best cough suppressant for which I've been given a prescription.

January 30, 2012 1:40 PM
Review by Cool Senior: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: I have taken Tussionex for a few years. Before that I was on inhalers, etc. for my allergies and cough. New doctor finally prescribed Tussionex for me. I realize it can be addictive if not used right to the letter. My doctor was reluctant to keep refilling my prescription until I would come in and show him how serious my sinus drainage and cough was. I am so thankful for this medicine. I am 70 yrs old, still working and taking care of a 10 yr old grandson. Without this medicine, I can be just sitting and the clear liquid would drain from my nose. It does not make me drowsy or sleepy at all. Love this medicine and make sure I never abuse my dosage.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 13, 2012 5:37 PM
Review by Dianne01: User Rating:

TussiCaps (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: First time in 5 years that I can sleep through the night without waking up coughing every two hours. Thank you Tussicaps!

September 19, 2011 9:11 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: I had bad cold and a continued cough that kept me awake. After I developed a fever, I was prescribed Tussionex and antibiotics. The Tussionex worked amazingly well. I was finally able to sleep without waking up coughing all the time. It does taste good too. I have just been taking it at bedtime and am trying not to take it too much. But if I have any more cough problems, I will ask for this first!

September 18, 2011 12:08 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: This medicine has a built in phlegm breaker and works very well to keep mucus from settling in the chest. Side effects for me is usually sleepiness which is welcome when you are sick.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 8, 2011 12:29 PM
Review by Misery Free: User Rating:

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cold Symptoms: Awesome medication for severe allergies. I have been taking this medicine now for 2 years. My environmental allergies were just getting worse and worse. I have been to many allergist who kept giving me nose sprays and shots once a week. After one year of continual shots and not getting better my doctor prescribed Tussionex. Just imagine feeling like you have a bad cold all year around, coughing, sneezing and feeling miserable. Tussionex made me feel normal. I had forgotten what it was like not to cough, have a runny nose and feeling like I had the flu. With the Tussionex I felt so good since it stopped the cough, the runny nose and all the aches and pains in my neck and sinuses. THANK YOU for Tussionex!

August 25, 2011 12:56 PM