User Reviews for Chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone

Also known as: Hydrocodone GF, HyTan, Novasus, S-T Forte 2, TussiCaps, Tussionex Pennkinetic, Vituz

Learn more about Chlorpheniramine/hydrocodone.

Cough 82 reviews 699 medications

9.4
Cold Symptoms 13 reviews 782 medications

8.8
Summary of Chlorpheniramine/hydrocodone reviews 95 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Chlorpheniramine/hydrocodone

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "Little to no effect on cough and only helped me sleep a little. During 2 of my coughing fits i woke up to take 2.5 more ml (1/2 tsp) and it didnt help. "

Matt B (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2015

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "I have had a terrible cold with cough & breathing issues especially at night. This prescription was great for the cough & ability to get some rest."

Anonymousthirteen (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2014

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "This cough syrup really works great on quieting my wicked cough (bronchitis).....however, I am one of the few who has a terrible time sleeping when I take it. It also makes me woozy - the equivalent of drinking two glasses of wine. That said, I try to take it at least 6-8 hours before bedtime. The good effects (cough suppressant) is still working, and I get a good night's sleep. I can not drive while taking it. Stay safe!"

Michele D. January 30, 2014

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "Great for colds."

nomorecough (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2014

For Cough: "Every fall/winter I get a minor cold that goes away quickly, but the horrible cough lingers and turns into bronchitis. Every fall/winter I beg the doctor for another bottle of this stuff. After trying a dozen other medications, this is the only one that works all the time. It is fabulous."

Waiting for G October 16, 2013

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "This medication will take a cough away but I didn't like the side effects. I normally react great to pain meds but not on this. Couldn't sleep the first night. Woke up with severe headache. Had to take another dose for this cough and still bad headache. Can see this will turn to a migraine. Was so hopeful of this medication."

jlapec67 August 26, 2013

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "I am a 38 year old female who has lupus, asthma, and chronic bronchitis. After 2 months of violent coughing fits at night I was prescribed Tussionex Pennkinetic. The coughing ceased immediately, as did the pain, and I could finally breathe! It did cause itching, strong drowsiness (a plus because I was sleep deprived) and dry mouth, but it was absolutely worth it."

SuziQ - cough from bronchitis June 23, 2013

TussiCaps (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "I have had severe hayfever allergies for the past 14 years of my life. This Spring was like every other, I had my regular allergy injection (steriod), and it still didn't kick the symptoms. I was diagnosed with Bronchitis about 3 weeks into allergy season, and prescribed a 10 day dose of this medicine for my cough. Not only did it cure my cough immediately, all of my allergy symptoms have disappeared while taking this. I have never breathed so well in the Spring time!"

BaylorBud (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2013

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "It was like a miracle. Instantly stopped coughing and slept all night without waking up coughing. Taste is like frosting."

tridel March 5, 2013

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cold Symptoms: "This is the best cough and cold syrup ever made. Unfortunately I am a smoker so I tend to get coughs and colds easier than non smokers. This really works for me and it makes me feel better."

beekay (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2013

For Cough: "Had a cough so bad it was hurting my back and gave me terrible headaches. Was first prescribed another product which did little. Have been taking this new prescription for a couple of days now (only need 1 tsp every 12 hrs)...amazing. Finally feeling like I'm getting better. Cough is much less, not nearly as tired as I was (was sleeping 16-20 hr days) been awake most of today. Thank you so much!"

Severe Pneumonia (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2013

For Cough: "This medication rocks. For the past years I have been in and out of allergy doctors, urgent cares and so on. Once again got the cough and snots going. I have been given just about everything you can imagine. Today I was given this medication and BOOM within an hour or so those rapid fire coughs that happened over seconds went away. My coughing would usually last over 1 to 2 months on other meds. Sinuses feel really clear and once again the old soldier is saluting again. "

sick one (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2013

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "This is the nastiest looking and tasting medicine I have ever taken. With that said, the medicine works the best for a cough. I kept myself and my husband awake at night coughing. I took this medicine (only at night) and it worked like a charm. This is the best medicine for a cough (I don't waste my money on Robitussin or Mucinex) and is my go-to medicine whenever I get a pesky cough."

anonymous 805 (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2013

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "Helps with cough however experiencing severe headache with use of this medication. Almost bad enough to go to the emergency room. "

mamma griz (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2012

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "My Dr. prescribes this for me every fall/winter. I get a cold, it turns into bronchitis and then I can't sleep or function normally due to the horrible coughing. I take it about an hour before I go to bed and I sleep like a baby, no coughing and wake up refreshed and ready to go. Side effect is I feel a little groggy until around 11 am but that's not a big deal for me when you aren't coughing and able to sleep."

mom0f2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2012

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "I was having coughing episodes about 3 hours long. I coughed until I vomited, and even until I lost control of my other bodily functions (both of them). I basically did not sleep more than 3 hours a night (if that) for a week and a half. Since I can expect this cough for another 4 weeks to 4 months, I broke down and gave this a try. It is a testament to the sheer physical force of the pertussis cough that Tussionex only stops it by about 80%. But that 80% makes all the difference! I am sleeping adequately and can keep food down. The unpleasantness that goes along with taking opiates is far, far preferable to this vicious pertussis cough."

Grumpygirl (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2012

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "Tussinex works great, yes it will make you drowsy, so don't drive. You will sleep easy though. "

KaraV (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2012

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "Worked right away when nothing else would. Its a miracle cure for incurable cough!"

gratful April 1, 2012

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "I get bronchitis several times a year, and this helps ease chest pain and allows me to sleep. It works better than any other cough suppresant I've tried. ."

Anonymous February 13, 2012

TussiCaps (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "The directions tell you the medicine stops the desire to cough. Works great but also stops the desire to pretty much do anything. Haha. Works amazing but plan on catching up on the sleep you've been missing from your cough. This worked for about 14 hours from one pill on me. Didn't take any today and the cough is back. I had some residual effects of dizziness when it was wearing off. As soon as I ate some food and slowed down a little it went away quickly. "

Anonymous February 1, 2012

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "It is by far the best cough suppressant for which I've been given a prescription."

Anonymous January 30, 2012

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "I have taken Tussionex for a few years. Before that I was on inhalers, etc. for my allergies and cough. New doctor finally prescribed Tussionex for me. I realize it can be addictive if not used right to the letter. My doctor was reluctant to keep refilling my prescription until I would come in and show him how serious my sinus drainage and cough was. I am so thankful for this medicine. I am 70 yrs old, still working and taking care of a 10 yr old grandson. Without this medicine, I can be just sitting and the clear liquid would drain from my nose. It does not make me drowsy or sleepy at all. Love this medicine and make sure I never abuse my dosage."

Cool Senior January 13, 2012

TussiCaps (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "First time in 5 years that I can sleep through the night without waking up coughing every two hours. Thank you Tussicaps!"

Dianne01 September 19, 2011

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "I had bad cold and a continued cough that kept me awake. After I developed a fever, I was prescribed Tussionex and antibiotics. The Tussionex worked amazingly well. I was finally able to sleep without waking up coughing all the time. It does taste good too. I have just been taking it at bedtime and am trying not to take it too much. But if I have any more cough problems, I will ask for this first!"

Anonymous September 18, 2011

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "This medicine has a built in phlegm breaker and works very well to keep mucus from settling in the chest. Side effects for me is usually sleepiness which is welcome when you are sick."

Anonymous September 8, 2011