User Reviews for Chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone

Also known as: Hydrocodone GF, HyTan, Novasus, S-T Forte 2, TussiCaps, Tussionex Pennkinetic, Vituz

Learn more about Chlorpheniramine/hydrocodone.

Cough 87 reviews 783 medications

9.4
Cold Symptoms 14 reviews 1047 medications

8.7
Summary of Chlorpheniramine/hydrocodone reviews 101 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Chlorpheniramine/hydrocodone

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cold Symptoms: "I had chest congestion for about a week, and when I talked to my friends I would start coughing. This was what the doctor prescribed and when the pharmacist gave me the medicine, she explained the side effects to me and to drink liquids too. I took my dose from a 5 ml plastic cup. I have taken 3 doses so far. The effects on me were dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth and nausea. My head was spinning so much I couldn't stand up. Sometimes I would cause me to fall asleep, but sleep was helpful. The nausea was unpleasant. After two days I felt better. This was strong medicine to take, but it was better taking it at night. Otherwise it knocks me right out."

newhorizon May 1, 2016

For Cough: "My colds always turn into bronchitis. This time it turned into pneumonia. This medicine IS liquid gold. Don't let any doctor tell you otherwise. Some doctors like to prescribe Tussionex Pearls for chronic cough. Don't let them. This is the cough syrup over all cough syrups. After I was released from hospital, I took my first dose and 30 mins later non cough!!"

Tigergurl128 April 17, 2016

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "This is hands down the best cough medicine I've ever taken. I had a cough so severe that I wet myself or threw up during uncontrollable coughing fits. Needless to say, I couldn't sleep at night for more than the few hours when I just passed out from total exhaustion. My first dose of Tussionex didn't totally get rid of the cough, but it did cut it by about 50%. The second dose helped more. My third dose was last night, and it made it possible for me to get a good night's sleep for the first time in two weeks. I did wake up once with a bad headache, but I can't tell if it's a side effect of the medicine or just part of being sick. Anyway, I'll trade a headache for vomiting from coughing fits any day."

TBarr (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2016

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "This is the ONLY cough medicine that works for the bronchitis/asthma nightime cough I have, unfortunately, for about 20 years. I just discovered this about 7 years ago maybe. To me, & I have other family members who get this awful cough that OTC meds & other RX cough meds don't even come close to touching.....one dose of this does the trick. We dubed it "liquid gold" not to mention most insurances won't cover it & at anywhere from $80-125 a bottle (big OUCH!) I have bought it in desperation of sleep & feeling better. PLEASE sell the antihistamine part separately!! I don't care about the narc part."

MDNS November 23, 2015

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "This is my go to cough medicine, it absolutely works the best for bronchitis cough or sinus infection. I have experienced headaches with this but found that if I drink a lot of water when I take it, that helps. We call it super syrup in our house."

Watishka (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2015

For Cough: "This stuff is scary. It gives me night sweats, but more concerning, I get really high levels of anxiety and I am concerned about my breathing. Feels too relaxed, like breathing may stop. Horrific feeling. Result is massive insomnia and I still cough."

Lonepalm2002a August 1, 2015

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "Little to no effect on cough and only helped me sleep a little. During 2 of my coughing fits i woke up to take 2.5 more ml (1/2 tsp) and it didnt help. "

Matt B (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2015

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "I have had a terrible cold with cough & breathing issues especially at night. This prescription was great for the cough & ability to get some rest."

Anonymousthirteen (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2014

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "This cough syrup really works great on quieting my wicked cough (bronchitis).....however, I am one of the few who has a terrible time sleeping when I take it. It also makes me woozy - the equivalent of drinking two glasses of wine. That said, I try to take it at least 6-8 hours before bedtime. The good effects (cough suppressant) is still working, and I get a good night's sleep. I can not drive while taking it. Stay safe!"

Michele D. January 30, 2014

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "Great for colds."

nomorecough (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2014

For Cough: "Every fall/winter I get a minor cold that goes away quickly, but the horrible cough lingers and turns into bronchitis. Every fall/winter I beg the doctor for another bottle of this stuff. After trying a dozen other medications, this is the only one that works all the time. It is fabulous."

Waiting for G October 16, 2013

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "This medication will take a cough away but I didn't like the side effects. I normally react great to pain meds but not on this. Couldn't sleep the first night. Woke up with severe headache. Had to take another dose for this cough and still bad headache. Can see this will turn to a migraine. Was so hopeful of this medication."

jlapec67 August 26, 2013

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "I am a 38 year old female who has lupus, asthma, and chronic bronchitis. After 2 months of violent coughing fits at night I was prescribed Tussionex Pennkinetic. The coughing ceased immediately, as did the pain, and I could finally breathe! It did cause itching, strong drowsiness (a plus because I was sleep deprived) and dry mouth, but it was absolutely worth it."

SuziQ - cough from bronchitis June 23, 2013

TussiCaps (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "I have had severe hayfever allergies for the past 14 years of my life. This Spring was like every other, I had my regular allergy injection (steriod), and it still didn't kick the symptoms. I was diagnosed with Bronchitis about 3 weeks into allergy season, and prescribed a 10 day dose of this medicine for my cough. Not only did it cure my cough immediately, all of my allergy symptoms have disappeared while taking this. I have never breathed so well in the Spring time!"

BaylorBud (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2013

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "It was like a miracle. Instantly stopped coughing and slept all night without waking up coughing. Taste is like frosting."

tridel March 5, 2013

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cold Symptoms: "This is the best cough and cold syrup ever made. Unfortunately I am a smoker so I tend to get coughs and colds easier than non smokers. This really works for me and it makes me feel better."

beekay (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2013

For Cough: "Had a cough so bad it was hurting my back and gave me terrible headaches. Was first prescribed another product which did little. Have been taking this new prescription for a couple of days now (only need 1 tsp every 12 hrs)...amazing. Finally feeling like I'm getting better. Cough is much less, not nearly as tired as I was (was sleeping 16-20 hr days) been awake most of today. Thank you so much!"

Severe Pneumonia (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2013

For Cough: "This medication rocks. For the past years I have been in and out of allergy doctors, urgent cares and so on. Once again got the cough and snots going. I have been given just about everything you can imagine. Today I was given this medication and BOOM within an hour or so those rapid fire coughs that happened over seconds went away. My coughing would usually last over 1 to 2 months on other meds. Sinuses feel really clear and once again the old soldier is saluting again. "

sick one (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2013

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "This is the nastiest looking and tasting medicine I have ever taken. With that said, the medicine works the best for a cough. I kept myself and my husband awake at night coughing. I took this medicine (only at night) and it worked like a charm. This is the best medicine for a cough (I don't waste my money on Robitussin or Mucinex) and is my go-to medicine whenever I get a pesky cough."

anonymous 805 (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2013

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "Helps with cough however experiencing severe headache with use of this medication. Almost bad enough to go to the emergency room. "

mamma griz (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2012

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "My Dr. prescribes this for me every fall/winter. I get a cold, it turns into bronchitis and then I can't sleep or function normally due to the horrible coughing. I take it about an hour before I go to bed and I sleep like a baby, no coughing and wake up refreshed and ready to go. Side effect is I feel a little groggy until around 11 am but that's not a big deal for me when you aren't coughing and able to sleep."

mom0f2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 13, 2012

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "I was having coughing episodes about 3 hours long. I coughed until I vomited, and even until I lost control of my other bodily functions (both of them). I basically did not sleep more than 3 hours a night (if that) for a week and a half. Since I can expect this cough for another 4 weeks to 4 months, I broke down and gave this a try. It is a testament to the sheer physical force of the pertussis cough that Tussionex only stops it by about 80%. But that 80% makes all the difference! I am sleeping adequately and can keep food down. The unpleasantness that goes along with taking opiates is far, far preferable to this vicious pertussis cough."

Grumpygirl (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2012

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "Tussinex works great, yes it will make you drowsy, so don't drive. You will sleep easy though. "

KaraV (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2012

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "Worked right away when nothing else would. Its a miracle cure for incurable cough!"

gratful April 1, 2012

Tussionex Pennkinetic (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone) for Cough: "I get bronchitis several times a year, and this helps ease chest pain and allows me to sleep. It works better than any other cough suppresant I've tried. ."

Anonymous February 13, 2012