User Reviews for Chlorhexidine

Also known as: Bactoshield, Betasept, Biopatch, Calgon Vesta, Chlorostat, Chlorostat 4, Denti-Rinse, Dyna-Hex, Exidine, Hibiclens, Hibistat, Hibistat Towelette, Peridex, PerioChip, Periogard, Perisol, Scrub Care, Spectrum-4

Learn more about Chlorhexidine.

Gingivitis 5 reviews 106 medications

Mucositis 1 reviews 33 medications

Periodontitis 1 reviews 29 medications

Skin Disinfection, Preoperative 2 reviews 6 medications

Summary of Chlorhexidine reviews 9 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Chlorhexidine

Review by Mrszilch2 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

chlorhexidine for Skin Disinfection, Preoperative: As part of my pre-op, I was instructed to use from neck to toes, avoiding mucous membranes & genital area. Three hours later my nose began to really itch. Have seasonal allergies so didn't think too much about it. Through pre- op the itching got worse. When I came out of surgery itching was much worse & upper lip swollen. By the time I got home, itching, swelling worse and everywhere I had used the chlorhexidine wash was red and felt like I had a bad sunburn. Took Benadryl which reduced symptoms. Had to take it for 3 days to stop symptoms from coming back.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 2, 2014 8:19 AM
Review by BadBreath Lady:

chlorhexidine for Gingivitis: I've had bad breath for over 20 years. I had regular dental exams and cleaning, twice a year. My dentist would tell me my teeth was in good condition but I would complaint about having breath. I would get so embarrass whenever I had to talk to my co-worker, friends and family member. I could tell by the expressions on their faces that my breath was bad. Sometimes people would put their fingers over their noses when I talked to them. I even stopped going to my faith/religion service because I could tell whenever I talked to the members of my faith they would talk to me from a distance. One women after I said hello she turned around and held her nose. My new dentist saved me! Gave me this ...after 3 days no bad breath!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 16, 2013 11:25 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Periogard (chlorhexidine) for Mucositis: I was getting sores in my mouth (bad ones). The Periogard worked quick and I use it twice a day. If I forget, my tongue gets sore and I RINSE immediately! It is the most fabulous thing I have found.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 13, 2013 3:28 AM
Review by Robert Frayer (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

chlorhexidine for Periodontitis: Im staring to notice that the extraction areas of my mouth are less inflamed and finally shrinking. Anyone who knows me extremely well knows I had extremely impacted and crooked teeth. Because of this there was no skin or bone between each individual tooth, making it a rough spot to heal. I finally got back in touch with the dentist last week and he put me on a prescription mouth rince that contains Chlorhexidine in it (Nasty stuff) but it seems to be doing the trick. Wile there is still bone exposed the bone is no longer grey and much of it has been covered over by scar tissue. I count my blessing that they did my uppers in 2 settings letting the first batch heal before extracting the second batch or I would have been layed open so much worse. There is some slight bone loss but the Dentist says its nothing they cant work with and nothing that will need any bone graphting (Thank the Lord)

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 12, 2013 9:48 AM
Review by Highlyl: User Rating:

Peridex (chlorhexidine) for Gingivitis: For years I suffered with gum bleed and bad breath... But after using Peridex all the problems have gone away and it helped me with self esteem because I don't have stinky breath anymore.

March 16, 2013 7:41 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

chlorhexidine for Skin Disinfection, Preoperative: By the evening of the neck lymph node biopsy, my neck was red and itchy. By the next morning I had huge welts/hives across the area that had been swabbed. I went back to the hospital to be checked and the nurses confirmed it was a reaction to the chloroprep (after checking in file for medicines used). I now have it listed as an allergy.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 14, 2012 12:09 AM
Review by tjcarita (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Periogard (chlorhexidine) for Gingivitis: I have had Gingivitis and very deep pockets for quite some time now. My gums would bleed when I flossed, brushed and used my water pick. Nothing I did worked. I had gum surgery also and the bleeding continued. On a visit to my Dentist I was given Periogard to try and within 10 days of using this product the bleeding completely stopped. I was amazed to see how this product worked to kill the germs that cause my Gingivitis. I do have some tooth staining but I can live with that. My teeth feel much better and the taste of blood from bleeding is gone. Saying I'm very happy with Periogard would be an understatement. For me Periogard is my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I just wish my dentist recommended this to me sooner.

April 29, 2012 11:03 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Peridex (chlorhexidine) for Gingivitis: I have been in so much pain and discomfort. I have a problem of serious dry mouth and perhaps Sjogren's. My tongue was always sore and burning and my gums hurt. My dentist gave me this to try and it has been the greatest thing. It didn't give me an unpleasant taste or anything. Just less pain and fresh mouth.

March 28, 2012 7:37 PM

chlorhexidine for Gingivitis: I think it is a good oral mouth wash. I like how it makes my mouth feels after a rinse. It is good for bad breath and other problems that you may have with your teeth. It is a little pricey, but all in all I think it is well worth it.

October 11, 2011 12:51 PM