User Reviews for Librium

Learn more about Librium.

Light Sedation 4 reviews 31 medications

7.2
Anxiety 10 reviews 61 medications

7.5
Alcohol Withdrawal 51 reviews 19 medications

9.7
Summary of Librium reviews 65 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Librium

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Heavy drinker for 25 years (vodka)...but somehow functioning...until last week - couldn't even move my move was shaking so bad, Thanks for a friend, got to urgent care and now after five days of Librium, and support groups, I feel human again. Thank God, and thank Librium."

lcghelp June 9, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal "13 years of drinking a pint of vodka 4 days a week 14 days ago havent had a drink. My doctor prescribed 25mg of Librium on day 12. Dosage, 50 mg, two times a day every 8 to 12 hours. Max, 100mg per 24 hours. Day two, 25mg every 6 hours, day three 25 mg every 8 hours, Day fours 25 mg every 12 hours, and finally, 25 mg before " bed-time ". I have a follow up appointment with doctor a week after initial visit for detox symptoms. Also, an intake appointment set up with a well known outpatient hospital ( St Lukes/ Mt Sinai, NYC ), addiction program, with in three days of started Librium. Librium has taken the the " severe edge of withdraw "hell". Expect to feel relieve, not cured, possibly nauseus, unsteady/ heavy legs, as well as tired. ♡"

Noonersmee May 31, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I have been an alcoholic for over 15 years. Every time I've tried to quit I ended up having a seizure. I've had over 20 that I can even recall! But I've been sober for 11 days and the librium saved me! Once I started feeling nauseous I took two librium and felt better!!! I'm telling you from personal experience, do NOT try to detox without medication! If you want to try to get sober I would recommend Librium over anything else!!!"

Winnie333 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Going cold turkey I experienced insomnia ,sweating ,anxiety and very high pulse then I decided to get medical help. They gave me Librium 25mg for 4 times a day first three days, 25mg 3 times a day for the next 3 days 25mg , 25mg 2 times a day for the next 3 days , 25mg at bedtime for the last three days. Librium sure saved me from convulsing and ending up at the emergency or dead ! PS always add a good supplement of vitamin b complex 100mg, very helpful when you detox, alcohol prevents your body from absorbing vitamin B. Good luck !! One day at a time :)"

gary 12 steps April 7, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Been fighting alcohol dependence for 5 years now. Finally went to ER and they detoxed me for two days with Librium. Best thing ever! Thank God for this medicine because it really works! Now to find a good program for myself and maintain my sobriety. Please never give up! You can do it!"

Paulyn (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal "My Husband has been an addict for 17 years. Started with Pot, to Meth to quitting Meth for 7 years. After quitting that awful deadly drug he began to drink more. That's when I met him. Got him to slow down to beer. Most amazing person sober. That was the person I fell in love with. Then it got worse. He started to drink Vodka 2 pints a day 6 shots of fireball, beer, and 2 cans of redpunch with booze in it. That I know of. He said there was more. I was scared he was going to die. I didn't want my children to watch their father drink his life away. biggest fear them growing up to be an alcoholic themselves. Finally got him to the doctor. Librium saved him so far. 11 day's clean not one drop. He stayed home for detox. He is doing awesome."

Wife of a Vodka lover (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Stopped taking my anxiety medication and thinking alcohol was the lesser of two evils I went from being a 2-3 days a week drinker (drinking a 6 pack or less) to a liter of vodka a day drinker in less than 3 weeks. Went to the hospital to detox and they gave me librium. Took away the shakes, hallucinations, everything in just a few hours. 4 days later it was out of my system and haven't drank since. Doesn't stop diarrhea from detoxing but the dangerous stuff got stopped in its track the minute they gave me this medicine. Do not try to detox on your own! They do it in 3-5 days in the hospital with this drug, keep you comfortable and monitor your vitals. Best decision I ever made. Saved my life for sure."

anonymous drinker March 5, 2015

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Excellent for my husband. "

Cass Wheatley December 29, 2014

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Librium is the best thing out there. I've drank my entire life. Never tried anything else to wean off of alcohol but Librium. It does make you tired. But who gives a turkey. It sure beats coming off of alcohol with nothing and going through hell."

rdawg (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I'm 38 and have been drinking most of my adult life. During my 30s, I drank just about every night. Eventually my tolerance level reached 6-8 (sometimes 10) high alcohol content beers per day (and I am a small-framed woman). I'd tried to quit cold turkey a few times but only lasted two days with intense withdrawals of shaking, severe anxiety, sweating, and night terrors. I had never had an experience with DTs or having to go to the ER, but I was scared of that. My doctor prescribed me 10mg of Librium to take at home with instructions to take 4-8 capsules per day depending on how I felt. So far I'm on Day 20 of sobriety with no anxiety, cravings, withdrawals, or side effects. Works great for withdrawing!"

Starshine14 November 7, 2014

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I have been an alcholic for the better part of 25 years, was in detox five times during that period and finally seemed to get the abuse out of my life after an intense 28 day program. A week ago I discovered my girlfriend was messaging another man she used to date, it was a trigger I just could not handle and started drinking again, within a day I was back to where I left off eight mnths ago. I couldn't do detox again because of work so I went to see my doctor who prescribed Chlordiazepoxide, the effects were felt within the hour, shakes were completly gone. I continued to take the medication for four days and I have been great since. Highly recommend."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2014

For Anxiety "I had taken Librium for around 20 years off and on for Anxiety and panic attacks. I only take a small dose but it has always been very effective. Anytime I didn't need it, it was easy to get off of it. I take if as needed. I would recommend it to anyone as it seems to have no side effects with me."

ithelps (taken for 10 years or more) September 20, 2014

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Librium works amazing for detoxing from alcohol. Period. I suffer from major anxiety which is why I drank to keep my nerves calm. Well years of doing that leads to dependency, withdrawals and leads to more anxiety. So I talked to the doc, got Librium which was very affordable. I started on a Sunday and drank myself away the night before so soon as I started feeling the anxiety I took my recommend dose. Within 10 mins I felt great, curbed all the shakes, relaxed me to the point of zero anxiety was a life saver. Been sober for 20 days now and still dealing with little twinges of anxiety, but I have Xanax and just nervous to take it. Side note here, coming off Librium I would consider it slightly rough. Especially for people with anxiety. "

nylis (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2014

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Having had a serious addiction to alcohol for 8 years, and oscillated between sobriety and extreme alcoholism, I have had Librium on more occasions than I wish to remember. Under NO condition self-detox or go cold turkey. It's not like what you see in the media about locking a heroin addict in a room for 3 days of hell and then they are fine. Alcohol withdrawls will KILL you. I have tapered myself on several occasions, and suffered seizures, extreme sickness, sweats etc. Librium won't cure you of the disease, but will stop you from dying when trying to get sober. Every time you have to detox, your body becomes a bit more used to Librium, and your detox is longer."

Miss Whiskers September 11, 2014

For Alcohol Withdrawal "This medicine is/was a lifesaver. I was continuously drinking. My alcohol of choice was always beer, however, I often mixed Vodka into the mix. My heavy drink was for years, at least 10-12. The further I got down the road the more I had to drink everyday. To the point where I at times had to drink a beer to get back to sleep because I knew my blood pressure was out of hand from withdrawal. After the prescription to Librium the effects were immediate. Withdrawal is now far behind me. On to a sober life."

Drink a beer (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2014

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal "After years of hard drinking I woke up yesterday in the throws of death. Hands shaking so hard I couldn't type. Sweating. Spasms. Vomiting. Trouble breathing. I couldn't even walk my legs were like jello. Having had hallucinations and seizure in the past from withdrawals I had two options. Go get beer (not an option, I was having panic attacks), or go to the ER. I opted for the ER. They gave me Libruim and hour later and every symptom stopped in about 30 minutes. The doc gave me a prescription for a week, and sent me off my way. I figured I'd start the next day, however I found sleep that night impossible. I decided to take 2 Librium at 4am and slept for 7 hours. I'm not even sure how I can type right now."

goodstart July 13, 2014

For Anxiety "My doctor will not prescribe Xanax, Klonopin, or Ativan for anxiety, but he was comfortable giving me a script for Librium (chlordiazepoxide) 25mg capsules 4x a day for my anxiety. Worked well at the beginning, but like all benzo's, the efficacy wore off after about a month of use. Was great while it worked and it was very inexpensive! Tapered off then went back on it a few months later and it worked like a charm again! On and off usage for close to 5 years now."

Anonymous April 22, 2014

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Went to the hospital due to the horrible effects of alcohol withdrawal. Misery was the state I was in. Shaking hands and cold sweats were just part of the problem. I was given Librium. Anyway, I felt as if the gates of Hell was lifted off of me. I almost instantly felt better. I was given 2 capsules (50 mg) every 6 hours on Day One and on the fourth and last day, 25mg every 8 hours. This medication was a life saver for me. It took all the miserable effects of alcohol withdrawal away as far as I'm concerned. I highly recommend this medicine for alcohol detox. The alternative is hours upon hours of Hell. You don't have to go through that. Take my word for it."

Bottomline Drunk (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2014

130 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Had been drinking in excess of of 15-20 cans of beer a day, for as long as can remember, no appetite, losing weight and throwing up every morning. Went through DT's last year - horrendous - sweats, shakes, hallucinations, had Librium, but too little too late and fell off the wagon very quickly. Finally had enough and went to see my doctor with the support of my wife, have been on a reducing dose of Libruim for a week now and never felt better, eating well, sleeping well, not throwing up every day and feeling more positive than I have for a long time. Drinking flavoured water and feeling good, I am going to concentrate on getting fit. Thanks to family, friends and GP for help and support."

Armagh, NI February 12, 2014

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Heavy drinker for 15 years decided to just stop on my own. Big mistake. All was well until day 3 on Xmas eve. I was rushed to hospital. Sky rocketed blood pressure rapid heart beat shaking at. 1:00 in the morning. Was given Librium and within the hour was feeling better along with an IV. They let me go home in the morning and gave me a prescription of 25 mg. Four 25 mg pills on day one, three on day 2, two on day 3 and one on day 4. Made me a little tired but not a withdrawal symptom to speak of. In AA now and doing well on week 3. Medication was excellent. Go to a Dr if your looking to stop drinking do not try it cold Turkey. There is really no need to."

Beer can bob January 6, 2014

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal "This medicine is a miracle. I was a heavy drinker for most of my teen years (liter a day or more of whatever I could get my hands on). Went through one of the best inpatient treatments where they gave me Librium. Within minutes I was feeling like I was floating and loved it. Anything that took away the dreaded withdrawals was better than that feeling. It totally took away my depth perception but allowed me to finally eat, for the first time since my withdrawals kicked in. I was clean and sober for about 10 months then relapsed. The pain and withdrawals were just as bad as they were before. I went and got prescribed this medicine and detoxed at home. I was up walking around and functioning normal mins after taking it."

Mfntobes1 January 5, 2014

For Alcohol Withdrawal "It's quite remarkable. It has eased both cravings and withdrawal."

DubbleM (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2013

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Was given Librium while in detox for a week and it was quite astonishing, very effective. But I think I may have been getting too much and could not walk much of the time. Rehabilitation eventually failed with a relapse to beer drinking in excess. Will try some Librium in moderation soon for a try at home."

DubbleM (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2013

For Alcohol Withdrawal "My heart goes out to anybody who has or is going through the real horrendous side of drink, the sweats shakes delirium, there is help (chlordiazepoxide) it WILL help you if you really want to quit. Ps: the max (librium) dose is 25mg per day (5x5)mg"

Deathsdoor November 8, 2013

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Its essential! As a doctor I know, You cannot withdraw from alcohol safely without it. It can and should be prescribed for use in domestic detox (UK regulations). A colleague prescribed this for me when I my symptoms worsened an I went home and spent four days thinking about my life. This medicine will save lives during detox, but you have to make it on your own from there. Plan your detox! Buy the right fresh food and vegetables. Take Vitamin B supplements to protect the brain. Tell the people you love about your problem, get them involved, stay away from other alcohol users and alcohol. One day at a time! I wrote in my bed room ceiling as many reasons to not drink as I could think of and that is still the first thing I see when I wake up."

DaveyButtons (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2013

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next