User Reviews for Celebrex

Learn more about Celebrex.

Celebrex Review Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 322 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Celebrex to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

"I already used Celebrex for several years if I have pains."

Sugiyahartati (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 31, 2014

"I was given Celebrex for arthritis in my knee. After taking it for about two weeks I started to notice not only was my knee better and I was able to resume all of my normal activities with no pain but my foot that I had been suffering from planter fasciitis for two and a half years was finally not hurting. I had been through every treatment and three different foot doctors with no relief at all. Celebrex is by far the best medicine I have taken it has given me back my life in more ways then one."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 4, 2013

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"After a year of back pain this is a miracle, except for indigestion and gastric discomfort after a week of use. I take medicine to minimize the indigestion."

Anonymous June 28, 2012

"Have been on Celebrex for a year. Initially for TMJ issues, then picked up mild-to-moderate rheumatoid arthritis last summer. Been on it continuously except for a couple month long steroid regimens. I wouldn't call it a miracle medicine, but it knocks my inflammation and pain back about 60%. Certainly not as effective as the steroid, but 60% is enough to keep me fully functional and unlike the steroid, I have minimal to zero side effects with it."

Matt in NC March 14, 2011

"About a year ago I started having symptoms of RA (seronegative). I started on prednisone 20mg which helped somewhat but I was having flare ups in the ankles and hands. Finally got switched to Celebrex because the pain and swelling were not going away. 200mg daily - all I can say is it's been like night and day since I started taking it - less pain, less swelling, better days!"

32yrold woman January 21, 2011

"I've been taking it for 2 months, 200 mg daily. The first 2 weeks were great, all pain was gone. The pain gradually came back and I had so many flare ups even when I was taking it. My doctor just gave me Prednisone 20 mg daily to combine with Celebrex. I started yesterday and most of the pain has gone, however, my doctor advised not to take Prednisone for more than one week in order to prevent having the serious side effects, such as bone problems."

ktl682 September 23, 2010

"I knew that I had an arthritis since I started College. Since then I'm suffering from it after my doctor told me to take this medicine. Thanks to Celebrex my suffering has ended. This medicine is great!"

LOrina January 27, 2010

"I'm 17 years old and last year I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I was switched to 200mg of Celebrex three months ago instead of taking 20mg of prednisone a day. And all I can say is that Celebrex has made my life almost normal again. I can go back to school and hang out normally with my friends again. Even if it might only be short term, Celebrex has saved my life."

LLuck December 14, 2009

"So far, so good."

CodeSmoker September 17, 2009

"Celebrex has helped me now for over 5 years. I have Arthritis in one old disc injury and pain in the next one. I have tried nearly all of them and nothing worked as well as this. Just don`t know how long to continue but I am only 49. I take 400 per day. "

bull-dozzy November 20, 2008

"I have had chronic pain and tried many medicines including narcotics to help. Celebrex has helped me so much. I am able to do so many things that I couldn't before. My doctor has me taking it with Tylenol w/Codeine #3 and Carisoprodol."

smoore002 April 7, 2008

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis