User Reviews for Celebrex

Learn more about Celebrex.

Celebrex Review Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1800 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Celebrex to treat Pain

"Having chronic knee pain due to hockey injuries that has been getting worse and worse as I turned 50 - but now using 200 mg Celebrex each day has been nothing short of 100% recovery. I can now take the stairs, exercise and play hockey pain free with no side effects. Awesome, awesome."

Clarkekent50 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2014

"I have debilitating pains from my costochrondritis for years. I have tried naproxen, Mobic, and Voltaren gel with no relief. My rheumatologist then suggested Celebrex. This has been a lifesaver. Celebrex has made my chest pains go from a 9-10 to about a 0-1. I would recommend this medicine to anyone dealing with costochrondirits. Even the price is not bad. I pay 60 dollars for a 90 day supply."

JuJu Grate (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2014

"I take celebrex for costochrondritis (inflammation of the cartilage in the sternum). It is very painful and can be debilitating. After being on mobic, naproxen and other NSAIDs with no help, my rheumatologist put me on celebrex. It has been amazing. My pain went from about a 7 or 8 to a 1-2. I take it in the morning. This has been the best thing for my chest pain. Although the only issue is the price. But I would rather spend the money than have chest pains"

JuJu Renee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2014

"I took 2 Advil for 5 yrs to alleviate arthritis pain. My hip/groin pain got so bad, I finally went to see a Doc. He prescribed Celebrex.. It works GREAT for my hands.... but not my hip. Someone suggested taking Tylenol WITH the Celebrex -- MUCH better results. I take l,000 mg of Tylenol and 200 mg Celebrex, daily. I hope by Summer the heat will help my arthritis and I can cut back on the Tylenol. Celebrex is very expensive. I wish the results had been a lot better for me but as a professional pianist, I'm SO grateful that it works great on my hands."

nancysmithe March 12, 2014

"I agree with those who say Celebrex has improved quality of life. I joked with my doctor that Celebrex is the only "anti-depressant" that ever worked for me. Chronic pain is depressing. I have been on this medication for over a decade and my joints still move with ease - and without disabling pain. I am grateful."

:) (taken for 10 years or more) February 11, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I'm a 41-year-old male and for the last few years I started suffering from many of my gym and sports-related injuries. At first, it was the pain I associated with too much work at the gym or too many miles on the trail, or picking up too much weight for my arthritic lower back, etc., but when my elbows both shut down completely at exactly the same time, and I couldn't hold a tube of toothpaste anymore, I started to freak out. For months I took way too many OTC NSAIDs, prescription pain killers, steroids, on and on and nothing came close to relieving the pain. I became angry and depressed and was a complete grump. Then my Dr. prescribed Celebrex and it is nothing short of amazing. My quality of life has greatly improved. It's expensive though."

JeromeZ1 February 7, 2014

"Use it when I play golf. It really works for me. Takes away all of the pain in my knee."

Bel air Sam November 4, 2013

"I still have to take Advil, or Aleve in addition to Celebrex."

DGinny November 2, 2013

"I am 49 years old, my mother is in hospital with 2 knee replacement and I have noticed over the years I too have pain in my knees after years of then cracking as I walked upstairs. Then the pain got worse so I went to the doc and he told me to try Celebrex 300 mg a day and let me tell you so far no side effects and I am happy again. The wife says I am acting strange, she's never seen me so happy but its not for all. For me I wish I would have done this a lot sooner. "

YoungWisher (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2013

"I had great relief of the pain issue but I gained 40 pounds in 3 months. My weight has been stable for 15 years until I began gaining weight overnight. The sudden weight gain is worse than the initial pain so I have discontinued taking Celebrex."

DMayo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 1, 2013

"A few years before I went through menopause. I used to have incredible pain, headache and felt like my Lymph Nodes were going to burst out of my throat 3 days before my menstruation and when I started to take this it worked totally. I had tried all kinds of pain killers but nothing made any difference. My doctor had prescribed it for my back pain originally. So one day I decided to try take it for my menstrual pain and was amazed that it worked so well for my Lymph Nodes and headache as well."

biggulp October 31, 2012

"Didn't do much for me."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 23, 2012

"Did not help my back pain."

slaytonchristy1967 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 11, 2012

"I have had back pain (mid-back and shoulder and neck pain) for 10 years or more everyday. I have had 3 cortisone shots in my shoulder. I have massages every month and go to the chiropractor when it is bad. I finally caved in and went to the doctor and got Celebrex 200mg once a day, and Omega 3. I have taken it for 10 days now and have never felt better. I cannot believe I have no pain. Why did I wait so long? I am 50 years old."

mystic 50 (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2012

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I commenced Celebrex 100mgs twice a day following shoulder surgery. Aided freer movement but causing increased restlessness and reflux."

Anonymous January 29, 2012

"I've had two bad knee surgeries and was left option-less by my orthopedist so I left and went to a pain doctor. I was prescribed Celebrex after trying nearly all the other NSAIDs and have taken it for 6 months. I'm not painless, but it has worked miracles from where I was, and I know when I've forgotten to take it."

Anonymous August 15, 2011

"I started having extreme joint pain almost overnight and was like that for over 2 weeks. The Doctor put me on Celebrex, 2 pills 2 times a day for 5 days with 1 pill once a day since. I feel so much better and no side effects, not even an upset stomach. I'm so happy there is a pain medication that is not a steroid or narcotic."

Anonymous June 27, 2011

"I have a disc protrusion at c4-5 and c5-6 which causes a narrowing in the foriminal which causes nerve root pain. In May of 2009 I was in excruciating pain and through the advice of my chiropractor he suggested that I mention to my spine specialist the medication Celebrex. My specialist said let's give it a try, and WOW what a miracle. I went from extreme pain, I wasn't even able to sleep on my left side, couldn't walk due to pain running down from my shoulder to my left thumb. I couldn't even bend to shave my legs. Well other than a little stomach irritation in the beginning, I have little to no pain. My insurance picks up the price of the medicine with me having to pay a nominal copay of $45.00. I can now exercise, ride my bike."

Anonymous June 20, 2011

"On 400 mg a day and it works great in regards to my synovitis pain in all my joints that my lupus causes. No side effects after taking it for two months. I prefer taking this over prednisone any day."

Anonymous June 4, 2011

"I have a 50% compression fracture of my L1 and Celebrex is the only thing that will alleviate the pain. Unfortunately it upsets my stomach."

Anonymous March 25, 2011

"After my two total hip replacements I still have chronic pain due to having avascular necrosis. I rely on Celebrex to literally allow me to be able to walk. I received some samples in 2006 following my second surgery. My doctor at that time had enough samples so that I was taking them on a regular basis. Only after a short period without them did we realize to what extent they were helping me. I sincerely believe that I could not live a normal life without the Celebrex. It scares me to think that one day I may not be able to get it due to not being able to afford it. My co-pay is $60.00 for Celebrex every month and it is hard to do. I tell anyone I can what Celebrex has done for me, with absolutely no side effects."

jenjen22 March 15, 2011

"Prescribed for back pain caused by crushed vertebra (I am trying to avoid surgery as long as possible). After three days of taking Celebrex I bent over for the first time in two years without nursing my back. I was amazed and thrilled. However, on the fifth day I noticed I had broken out in small rashes all over and was forced to discontinue taking it."

Anonymous February 19, 2011

"Used to treat chronic pain (idiopathic origin, but could be fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue). Ease of use was fine, only side effects were stomach upset. "

freybaby April 6, 2010

"I LOVE Celebrex! I have degenerative disk disease, bulged disk and degenerative hips. My doctor had me try it after learning how I can tolerate 6 ibupropen a day. I have been 85% better as far as the daily pain. I can do things in exercise that I could not before, due to the pain. I take homeopathic anti inflammatory supplements as well. I am a 43 year old photographer, pilates student and teacher living in pain for over 6 years. So wonderful to have this relief."

Anonymous February 17, 2010

99 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I'm 21 years old and the doctor told me I have arthritis (I found out from another doctor I do NOT) but they put me on this to help with the pain (from my car accident, not from arthritis) and it did NOT work. It made me have lots of bloody stool and severe abdominal pain. It barely reduced the pain. "

Anonymous December 23, 2009