User Reviews for Cefuroxime

Also known as: Ceftin, Kefurox, Zinacef

Learn more about Cefuroxime.

Cefuroxime Review Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 291 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Cefuroxime to treat Urinary Tract Infection

"Had a normal UTI was prescribed Bactrim. After 4 days I started to get a 102 fever with backache. Went to ER and was prescribed Ceftin. Feel much better although my tummy is making all kinda noises and very loose stools."

AlimaS June 18, 2015

"I have suffered pain in my abdomen and back portion. It was diagnosed that I have urinary tract infection. My doctor was advised to take cefuroxime axetil 500mg 2 x a day good for 7 days. The pain was over even after took taking 1 tablet. It's nice no side effects I have felt while I took this medicine until I finished in 7 days."

Danilo A. Cadog (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2015

Ceftin (cefuroxime): "Have chronic Lyme disease - causing depressed immune function. Ceftin eliminated my urinary tract infection in one week without any side reactions. Felt better after first dose. Love this medication!"

Lymie (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2014

"10 days ago, I was diagnosed with urinary tract infection and was prescribed cefuroxime axetil 500 mg 2 x a day. After the first capsule, the severe symptoms of infection were gone. Although I've experienced light headedness and some anxiety after the morning dose, I think, it's worth it compared to the pain and anxiety experienced during the infection."

Bobbie B. September 5, 2008

"I'm in the last couple of days of a 10-day prescription for cefuroxime (Ceftin) to treat acute prostatitis and mild bladder infection. The pain and discomfort subsided 3-4 days after beginning treatment. I've been managing the loose stool problem with multiple small portions of yogurt during the day. I'm also experiencing mild irritability and anxiety while taking the drug, a fair trade-off compared to my symptoms before starting treatment."

Andrew P. July 1, 2008