User Reviews for Cefuroxime
Also known as: Ceftin, Kefurox, Zinacef
The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care.
Learn more about Cefuroxime.
Reviews for Cefuroxime to treat Urinary Tract Infection
"Had a normal UTI was prescribed Bactrim. After 4 days I started to get a 102 fever with backache. Went to ER and was prescribed Ceftin. Feel much better although my tummy is making all kinda noises and very loose stools."
AlimaS June 18, 2015
|2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No||Report as inappropriate|
"I have suffered pain in my abdomen and back portion. It was diagnosed that I have urinary tract infection. My doctor was advised to take cefuroxime axetil 500mg 2 x a day good for 7 days. The pain was over even after took taking 1 tablet. It's nice no side effects I have felt while I took this medicine until I finished in 7 days."
Danilo A. Cadog (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2015
|12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No||Report as inappropriate|
Ceftin (cefuroxime): "Have chronic Lyme disease - causing depressed immune function. Ceftin eliminated my urinary tract infection in one week without any side reactions. Felt better after first dose. Love this medication!"
Lymie (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2014
|40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No||Report as inappropriate|
"10 days ago, I was diagnosed with urinary tract infection and was prescribed cefuroxime axetil 500 mg 2 x a day. After the first capsule, the severe symptoms of infection were gone. Although I've experienced light headedness and some anxiety after the morning dose, I think, it's worth it compared to the pain and anxiety experienced during the infection."
Bobbie B. September 5, 2008
|59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No||Report as inappropriate|
"I'm in the last couple of days of a 10-day prescription for cefuroxime (Ceftin) to treat acute prostatitis and mild bladder infection. The pain and discomfort subsided 3-4 days after beginning treatment. I've been managing the loose stool problem with multiple small portions of yogurt during the day. I'm also experiencing mild irritability and anxiety while taking the drug, a fair trade-off compared to my symptoms before starting treatment."
Andrew P. July 1, 2008
|63 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No||Report as inappropriate|
Learn more about Urinary Tract Infection
Micromedex® Care Notes:
- Acute Pyelonephritis
- Nonspecific Urethritis In Men
- Ovarian Abscess
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases In Adolescents
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases In Adolescents, Ambulatory Care
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Ambulatory Care
- Urinary Tract Infection In Children
- Urinary Tract Infection In Children, Ambulatory Care
- Urinary Tract Infection In Men
- Urinary Tract Infection In Men, Ambulatory Care
- Urinary Tract Infection In Women
Drugs.com Health Center:
- Antibiotics and Alcohol
- Antibiotic Resistance
- Antibiotics - Common Side Effects, Allergies and Reactions
- Antibiotic Shortages: A Serious Safety Concern
- Antibiotics and Birth Control Pill Interactions: Fact or Fallacy?
- Why Don’t Antibiotics Kill Viruses?
- Top 7 FAQs on UTIs (Urinary Tract Infections)
More about cefuroxime
- Cefuroxime suspension
- Cefuroxime tablets
- Cefuroxime (Advanced Reading)
- Cefuroxime Injection, Intravenous (Advanced Reading)