User Reviews for Cefuroxime

Also known as: Ceftin, Kefurox, Zinacef

Learn more about Cefuroxime.

Reviews for Cefuroxime to treat Pneumonia

Ceftin (cefuroxime): "Works and you start feeling better in 2-3 days but you get diarrhea. My doctor prescribed probiotics Florastor..that helped restore good bacteria."

Annie145 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2013

"After 1-day noticed my lips burning, thought it was just chapped lips bought a tube of lip balm. On day 2 noticed tiny blisters forming on my bottom lip, and by the end of the day my bottom lip was beginning to swell. I quit using the lip balm but my lips continue to swell and burn. I developed a terribly deep but empty cough which I did not have before starting this prescription. This cough occurs while at rest, not while talking, eating, or exercising. Also soaking night sweats mainly from my head. I did not read the side effects on the prescription."

Anonymous November 9, 2012

Ceftin (cefuroxime): "I was prescribed this after 3 days on a Azithromycin was making me worse. My doctor told me the Z-pack wasn't working because my bronchitis had become pneumonia. After 2 days on the Ceftin (250 mg, twice daily), I was really starting to improve. My cough had lessened, chest congestion had loosened nicely and my headache/stuffiness had started to subside. I also used a humidifier. Now, 4 days in and I'm feeling almost human. The cough is almost gone, I can breathe almost normally and am much improved. I have always heard the Z-pack knocks out almost everything, but I'm proof it's not a cure-all. One thing to note is that Ceftin can be rough on your stomach, so be sure to take it with food. Crackers, toast or yogurt should be fine."

Anonymous January 2, 2012

"The 500 mg uncoated tablet is large and very difficult to swallow. Nasty taste! Wish it came in a slippery capsule. Since I just started with this medicine I don't know whether it will knock out the pneumonia which followed my H1N1 swine flu infection."

Anonymous November 1, 2009

Ceftin (cefuroxime): "Took pneumonia away quickly, however, it does cause diarrhea. I'm on my 6th day of a 14 day regimen. Works well and fast."

StanS September 20, 2009